Free Xbox 360 Games (from Trainn...who is updating slowly)

^^what rig said. The first page has lots and lots of good info. Read it, re-read it, and re-re-read it. If you look on other pages of the thread, you'll see your fellow CAGs answering questions that others have had, so don't hesitate to come here for help.

2 last tips to anyone new out there and might be considering giving this a go:

E-Mail Address - make a new one for this site, and sign up for offers with it. It will be easier for you to track your offer confirmations and such. And plus, everytime you give away your email to any website your liable for that address being sold to advertisers, and you wind up with spam/junk mail, which is a part of the Internet that is better left out of your personal, business or school email.

Identity Theft - when you sign up for an offer, you are more than likely going to be paying for something, meaning you will be asked for personal info like your name, address and credit card. While these offers are usually harmless (in that regard), you should always be cautious when giving out this info. I reccomend using a form of payment that is not directly tied to your bank account, such as a debit card from cvs

I tried doing a forum search, but don't see anything. Does anybody know how to cancel credit score pro? I never received an e-mail from them, but did receive credit. I just want to make sure I don't get charged.
Thank you.

Has anyone that's done offers recently heard anything back from TRAINN regarding any game orders you've made? I have been confirmed for 5 days for MS points, but it still says Processing and usually they email these codes rather quickly and they've not responded to my inquiry regarding it either. Has anyone here gotten in contact with a TRAINN rep? Thanks.

[quote name='mando6599']Has anyone that's done offers recently heard anything back from TRAINN regarding any game orders you've made? I have been confirmed for 5 days for MS points, but it still says Processing and usually they email these codes rather quickly and they've not responded to my inquiry regarding it either. Has anyone here gotten in contact with a TRAINN rep? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have, but on a different site. However, when I ordered my MS Points, it took over a week for them to 'ship' the code, it was kind of weird. Also, its 4th of July weekend, so they might be out of the office.

[quote name='mando6599']Has anyone that's done offers recently heard anything back from TRAINN regarding any game orders you've made? I have been confirmed for 5 days for MS points, but it still says Processing and usually they email these codes rather quickly and they've not responded to my inquiry regarding it either. Has anyone here gotten in contact with a TRAINN rep? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting on mine too, but I haven't waited as long as you have.

Also, I received an email from fabdominal saying that if there's a credit card dispute they will charge a $75 "research fee". So does that mean if I cancel and do everything right they can still say they never got the cancellation, then fuck me with a "research fee"?

I ordered a physical game on the 27th, status changed to shipped on the 28th, still waiting for it

so I just moved to a new address. What are my chances I can start over and get all my games. Should I use my same name credit card or will Trainn find out. Or should I use fake name and use my real info on the billing pages. Anyone in need of a ref? help me out and I will sign up under you for my new account

[quote name='lakers2008']so I just moved to a new address. What are my chances I can start over and get all my games. Should I use my same name credit card or will Trainn find out. Or should I use fake name and use my real info on the billing pages. Anyone in need of a ref? help me out and I will sign up under you for my new account[/QUOTE]

Your chances are fine. As long as your physcial address, email address, and IP address are different from the ones you used on the old account, you're golden.

Just make sure never to login to the old account at your new place (or vice versa).

You should be able to use your same name and same credit cards. As Trainn doesn't see your card information, they couldn't do anything about that.
There can always be 100's of "John Smith's".

[quote name='Rig']Your chances are fine. As long as your physcial address, email address, and IP address are different from the ones you used on the old account, you're golden.

Just make sure never to login to the old account at your new place (or vice versa).

You should be able to use your same name and same credit cards. As Trainn doesn't see your card information, they couldn't do anything about that.
There can always be 100's of "John Smith's".[/QUOTE]

ok. thx Rig. anyone in need of a ref let me know soon. I will be making my new account soon and I would like to help out a fellow CAG

Anyone that did the Fabdominal order having problems cancelling? I called earlier this morning and she said that she gave me a "30 day trial extension" but I pressed her for a cancellation. She said that she cannot cancel my trial on her end and that she would send an RMA number for me to ship the stuff back, but I didn't get the e-mail. I waited about four hours and called again. Says the same thing (I'm wondering if it was the same girl that answered my call), but I'm still not getting an e-mail.

I can't help but feel suspicious that something is up. Do you think that they're trying to pull a fast one on me? Is it possible for them to lie their way into something like this? This is the first time I've had problems cancelling anything ever, and I don't want to get sucked into paying $70!

Three more offers up. The NASCAR and Identity IQ ones look decent. Will look more into them this week - if anyone else checks them out let everyone know how it goes.

[quote name='Mizzou75']New offer called Cooking Pleasures up. $8.95 for a knife...need to check out the T&C though.[/QUOTE]

Here they are:
"Start building your professional-grade, cooking cutlery collection at an amazing price!

Join the Cooking Pleasures Cutlery Collection program TODAY, and we’ll send you The Ultimate Santoku Knife FREE (Over a $100 Value). You pay just $8.95 for shipping and handling.

If you are pleased with the Santoku Knife do nothing and each month we will automatically send you a brand new Cooking Pleasures Knife to add to your collection for only $49.99 plus shipping and handling. You are under no obligation to continue. However,
as an added bonus in your second shipment we’ll include a handy In-Drawer Knife Storage Block (a $30 Value) ABSOLUTELY FREE. Your credit card will remain on file and all future shipments will be charged to the card unless otherwise notified.

Save even more when you take advantage of our Paring Knife and Sharpening Steel offer!
Add the Paring Knife to your first shipment NOW for the low price of just $14.95 (a $40 Value)! Just check the YES box in STEP 2 (to the left). PLUS, if you do, we’ll also include the Knife Sharpening Steel FREE (another $60 Value) – AND there is no additional charge for shipping. This makes the TOTAL VALUE of this offer OVER $200!

The Cooking Pleasures Guarantee

Every knife in the Cooking Pleasures Deluxe Forged Cutlery Collection is guaranteed to meet your standards for quality, performance and beauty. If any knife doesn’t meet your expectations, you can return it at your expense within 30 days of purchase – no questions asked. And there are no purchase commitments to meet and you’re under no obligation to continue in the program. You may cancel at any time by notifying us by phone. The Santoku Knife and any FREE Gifts you receive are yours to keep!

You must be 18 years of age or older and all orders are subject to approval. Limit one per household. Offers are subject to change and are open to residents of the U.S. Out-of-stock titles and free items may be replaced by alternate selections. Offer is good only while supplies last. "

Reading through this, I see no phone number, however. Somewhat suspect to me. I always appreciate a phone number right up front from a company for their product. I even try calling it first to hear if it's legit or not, too. Any other opinions on this from you all?

mando

Last edited by a moderator:
quick question again. LOL. I moved and I am not sure my ip address changed. I kept the same modem from TWC and my router didnt need a reconfiguration when I plugged it back in. How certain is it that I got a new IP address. Dont want to make a new account only too have my old and new accounts banned. Rig you seem to know a lot any help?? Any site that let me checks my ip address or should I call TWC and see if my IP address changed

[quote name='my2k2zx2']do you know what your old IP address was?

You can find out what your new one is at www.whatismyip.com[/QUOTE]

nope. both of them look the same. might be 1 number different but I am not sure. Should I risk it and just make a new account anyways. If I get banned I may contact TWC see if they can change my ip address so I can sign up again. lol. what do you advice??

"Shipped" doesn't always mean the same thing we expect it to; I ordered a game on june 27th, trainn changed it to shipped on the 28th and I got it today. However, the packing slip said the game was ordered on July 7th...

[quote name='Rig']I'll give them a look (and be the possible guinea pig) tonight when I get home.[/QUOTE]

Did you try it yet Rig? 8.95 isn't bad and you get to keep the knife they send you but I want to make sure there's a legit number/email to call to cancel it, you know? Thanks.

I did the nascar and acne one.

the acne one is legit, only $5.

but nascar. i thought its only $4.99. and i took that for granted. so i placed an order and then in the end, i got billed for $15, because of this one "Bonus" DVD.

[quote name='giantqtipz']I did the nascar and acne one.

the acne one is legit, only $5.

but nascar. i thought its only $4.99. and i took that for granted. so i placed an order and then in the end, i got billed for $15, because of this one "Bonus" DVD.[/QUOTE]

did u forget to uncheck the bonus dvd part ?

i skimmed through the entire process like an idiot. and checked a box that was probably for the bonus dvd. so stupid ugh. i thought it was like an agreement thing.

but i can probably sell it after.

anyway the own acne thing is legit.

i just got credited for both; 3 hours after signing up

Signed up for Nascar and the Cooking Pleasures one. Both appear to be from the same company.

No real cancellation information yet; I imagine it'll show when the packages arrive.

EDIT: With Nascar, I believe you have to return the DVD. Unsure about the knife. I'll read over the info. when the packages get here.
EDIT2: Survey Scout Research sounds interesting. You can get all the way through into it and create an account without paying for anything. (You could also purchase something via the account, but, I chose not to.) Trainn's offer says you must just sign up for an account. Gonna see what happens with this one.

Oh, and I also got confirmation emails from both Nascar and Cooking Pleasures.

Another EDIT: Got credit for Nascar already!

Last EDIT (this post looks horrible already): Just signed up for the acne order. $5.95. Cancellation information:
To cancel, you must call our Customer Service Department toll-free at 1.877.900.6967 or cancel online through ownproducts.com before the expiration of your then-current membership term to enable us to process your cancellation request. Provided you cancel before the end of the any sixty (60) day subscription term, no additional product(s) shall be charged to your account or shipped. Own Products may, in its sole discretion, delete all of the account information provided by you.

I just did the offer for Official Nascar Club. Here are the details:

Official Nascar Club
Cost: $4.95
Trial Duration: 30 days
Cancellation Number: You can cancel over the phone: 1-855-231-8526
Hours: N/A
Special Notes: You must send back the dvd within 30 days of purchase. You might want to send it immediately back since the introductory e-mail says it could take up to 21 days to get the dvd. I received a credit a couple of minutes after completion.

[quote name='Mizzou75']so the Acne one looks really solid. thanks Rig/everyone.[/QUOTE]

dude i told you it was solid and you didnt trust me???

thats cold man.. real cold :cold::cold::joystick:

[quote name='munch']Is the acne one "Own Acne"?[/QUOTE]
yeah thats the one. got credited within 2-3 hours. i guess that can be classified as "instant credit" lol

[quote name='Mizzou75']Own Acne credited for me in about 3.5 hours. Time to sit on these credits until fall hits.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you there, Mizzou75. I'm stockpiling credits for Skyrim, Battlefield 3, and maybe Forza 4.

Just looked, and I also got credits for Own Acne and Cooking Pleasures (along with my Nascar). Survey Scout also went through! That didn't even require paying anything (or even putting in a credit card.)

So, I have enough credits for three games.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']What exactly do you need to do to fulfill the Survey Scout offer?[/QUOTE]

I just had to sign up. Had to create a username/password. They offer you 20 different surveys to take (I declined all of them). Then, a few popups to decline, and eventually, I made it into my account. (There's also a place where you can choose to pay for something, or stick with a free account. I chose free.)

Hmm, I just signed up but never saw an option for a free or paid account. I got to where you fill out a bunch of profiles in the dashboard.

How long did it take yours to credit?

I chose free as well, but then it asked that I either pay the $35 to get in or complete one of their offers.

At least to me it looks like an offer to stay away from.

edit: Rig, did you not have to complete an offer at the end?

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Hmm, I just signed up but never saw an option for a free or paid account. I got to where you fill out a bunch of profiles in the dashboard.

How long did it take yours to credit?[/QUOTE]

It was somewhere between 6-12 hours. I was disappointed when it was instant, but, was happy to see it had credited this evening.

EDIT: Nope, no offer had to be completed. I can login/logout of the account, and I never did anything (besides check "No" about 50 times.)

That's good to hear, it's been about 45 minutes and was wondering since it was tagged as "instant credit". Will see if it credits sometime tomorrow. Thanks!!

bread's done
Back