FS:Trade Station Updates: ALL locations LIST + Dedicated Trade website.

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
As I picked up my 360 at FS this morning, I noticed this on the EMPLOYEE GETAWAY...the video game trading program is coming 09/15 IT'S A NATION-WIDE ROLLOUT!

you get credit on a card..dunno if its TAX FREE like EB games....NOT!

Trade in Credit can be used on services AND ALL MERCHANDISE! Ipods...macs...ps3...whatever!

FS's formula for trade value:

USED price:
Divided by 2
Minus 10%
=Trade value!!!!

Example:
Mario Galaxy USED 39.99
Divided by 2 =$20!
Minus 10%
Final Value=$18

This is the formula for ALL GAMES! It can be mario galaxy and trade in at the same price as Horsez 3

All Gamecube and XBOX GAMES ARE EXCLUDED!!!

All SPORTS games MUST BE THIS year's OR LAST year's versions.
NO 07 & Prior games accepted!

List of participating locations:

2929976876_2156743691_o.jpg

http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/usedgames/

Last edited by a moderator:
I know personally that an average game costs upwards of $100 and retail new games were around $129.99 in New Zealand (got back a couple months ago). My heart goes out to you Magiic.

Ya Im pretty much accepting I wont be playing much until I get back unless Im bringing it with me. Im bringing my DS and PSP and some games. I'll probably get Goomba to mail me Fallout when it comes out so I can play it on my laptop. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I wont be doing much gaming for 9 months lol

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Wait, suppose 20 shit games were traded in. If FS doesn't want 19 of them on the shelf, where do the others go?[/quote]

I dunno, I think they just get "sent away" or something or maybe they're spread out evenly between stores. And again best part:

Shit games will not be on the shelves, I think this is because we have limited space on the shelves and no one buys shit used games anyway (so NHL 2k6 will not be here if someone trades it in). That and my district manager is stressing that they'll be selective in what comes back from the third party guys.

[quote name='magiic']If the TIV dont suck I may trade a bunch of stuff into get a GPS lol[/quote]

TIVs will be competitive :D.

[quote name='magiic']haha Im not even using it for a car (I actually dont even my full license yet, only my learners). Im going to New Zealand/Australia for 9 months and dont want to get lost lol

I will be using it walking. I will use it in a car when I get back though.[/quote]

9 months? That's how long it takes to make a baby! Dun dun duuuuuun!

Also I think you have to actually buy the maps when you leave the country.

Oh oh just been confirmed! by head office brass: GTA stores might not be getting them in September as previously though, apparently only 5 stores in our district (Southern Ontario) is getting them on the 15th. So outside of Toronto 5 stores are getting it but in the GTA is a 50/50.

And apparently if this used games business doesn't fly they might not even let it launch.

[quote name='magiic']Im going to New Zealand/Australia for 9 months and dont want to get lost lol

I will be using it walking. I will use it in a car when I get back though.[/quote]

A bit OT:

A North American GPS won't help unless it has international maps, which many of them don't. Make sure it either a) has more than NA maps b) doesn't cost you an arm and a leg to upgrade it with more maps

Take my advice, look into the Mio brand, some let you download more maps for them.

I've already looked into them. TomTom & Garmin do not come with anything but NA maps. I am fully aware I will have to spend a little over $100 to purchase New Zealand maps for the TomTom or $150 for the Garmin.

[quote name='magiic']I've already looked into them. TomTom & Garmin do not come with anything but NA maps. I am fully aware I will have to spend a little over $100 to purchase New Zealand maps for the TomTom or $150 for the Garmin.[/quote]

Ouch #-o

Like I suggested, see if you can find New Zealand Mio GPS maps via bittorrent. They go on sale pretty often, and can double as video and MP3 players too. In some ways they're not as nice as a TomTom or Garmin, but in many others they are much better (ie. price and downloadable maps).

I've never seen a Mio GPS for sale. Futureshop doesnt even to carry them. I think I'll stick with TomTom or Garmin. I want something that will last. Im going to be using it when I get back so Im willing to invest some money into it if I can get long term use out of it.

So I talked to a Customer Service rep at the Robson FS and she said it may not be rolling out in Vancouver until November. "Nationwide" doesn't appear to be nation wide.

We just got in the Navigon that has Mr Feenie (aka Nightrider's Kit) as the voice at my work. It's fucking amazing.

[quote name='neksus']so you're saying i should unload on launch day? :p[/quote]

If the TIVs are good I suggest you take advantage of them ASAP in case the company for some reason doesn't plan on expanding or even keeping the program.

[quote name='Jest']We just got in the Navigon that has Mr Feenie (aka Nightrider's Kit) as the voice at my work. It's fucking amazing.[/quote]

I saw the one with the Mr.T voice, awesome!! "Turn left here foo'!" Awesome.

:whistle2:( "Turn left here, Foo'!" is so much better than "Hello Micheal". I feel swindled.
Anyway, I wish I knew about this sooner :( I have $150 in EB credit I got recently that would be better used on a FS gift card.

I'd get a Navigon, my dad has one and loves it. Unfortunately as far as I can tell they do not have maps of New Zealand.

[quote name='Jest']:whistle2:( "Turn left here, Foo'!" is so much better than "Hello Micheal". I feel swindled.
Anyway, I wish I knew about this sooner :( I have $150 in EB credit I got recently that would be better used on a FS gift card.[/quote]

Here's a video and I must say it's pretty boss, too much of the old guy talking.

But this one tech demo makes me flaccid.

For anyone that cares I decided not to dick around with TIV I just bought a TomTom GO920 for store pick up. I also torrented a pack of like 35 voices for it =)

[quote name='gamer602']nah, its brawl

so all 49.99 games trade in at $18...easy formula![/QUOTE]

wtf... i dont get it, so how is that competitive?

^like Jest said... so basiclaly they are retarded enough to give higher TIV for older games while you get less for newer games?

[quote name='Jest']I don't understand this logic.[/quote]

Me neither, and I work for the devils! :p That is weird though, the DMs wouldn't go harking about how we're going to be super competitive about going into the market and TIVs and shit and suddenly have nothing to show for it. I'll see what I can dig up tomorrow.

[quote name='iLLuSioNS']^like Jest said... so basiclaly they are retarded enough to give higher TIV for older games while you get less for newer games?[/quote]

I'm guessing this is their lazy approach. Most likely when it gets further developed they will start factoring in supply and demand.

hey if i can somehow turn my TMNT 360 into something more than 2$ (eb + bb) lol.

I'll be thrilled.

1000/1000ed it in a day noone on any trade threads have bitten at it.

[quote name='gamer602']EB's values are soo much higher, its not even funny![/QUOTE]

You can't buy an iPod or TV with EB Games credit.

[quote name='IDreamOfSteel']Ok Guys, Its Sept. 15th. Can anyone confirm FS in Toronto doing the trade program yet?[/quote]

Nothing at all, GTA stores still need a vendor's license, so it's gonna late for us.

And the head office people are not answering my phone calls and emails about the lower TIVs, I feel cheated. :(

Orangeville FS is doing it in Ontario, leads me to believe that Brampton ones are also. York Region probably wont do it, similarly to EBGs.

@grumpygrunt; I believe the problem with Toronto not doing it yet is in regards to York Region, however, I'm not positive. If it isn't there may be a bylaw in Toronto Metro that they must follow in order to get their stores in compliance. I know in Peel, the law is that you must take ID from those 16 and older, must be government issue, picture ID, only other types accepted are birth cert, transit ID, firearms license, boating license, and school ID. However, school ID must have some form of ID present as proof of age. Many stores you'll find are YMMV on this though, as many will not accept school IDs or transit IDs, but it is now legal to take them in the Peel Region as of May 2008.

EB Games in Toronto require a valid government issued id (well at least the stores that follow the policy). Also most stores north of Steeles dont take trades. Hopefully this wont affect the FS trades.

As stated before, GTA stores need a vendor's license or something (like pawn shops and EB Games) or something like that, but apparently head office guys dropped the ball on that.

Most GTA stores probably don't have tils for the used games trades.

Saw some used games for sale for xbox360 in Hamilton, nothing worthwhile, all I can remember is halo 3 for $40 or $49. Asked 1 salesperson, she had no clue what the trading thing was about.

Does anyone have any trade values for FS yet? Is there a wiki for it? I plan to do some trading tonight, let me know if there's a proper place to post numbers.

My futureshop has been doing a great deal of restructuring in the entertainment department and I can only assume it is for this new trade in program.

Trade in Credit can be used on services AND ALL MERCHANDISE! Ipods...macs...ps3...whatever!

FS's formula for trade value:
USED price:
Divided by 2
Minus 10%
=Trade value!!!!

Example:
Mario Galaxy USED 39.99
Divided by 2 =$20!
Minus 10%
Final Value=$18

This is the formula for ALL GAMES! It can be mario galaxy and trade in at the same price as Horsez 3

All Gamecube and XBOX GAMES ARE EXCLUDED!!!

All SPORTS games MUST BE THIS year's OR LAST year's versions.
NO 07 & Prior games accepted!

Thanks for the formula! It seems pretty weak though that if the most they sell a used game for is $54.99, the most you could get is $24.74. Hopefully there will be some EB-like promotions.

Sure it sounds weak, but the values for any game that isn't within 2 months old is WAY better bang for your buck going this route. Alien Syndrome even nets $13.50!

Ok... it took an hour for them to process my trade of 19 games. All were mint/complete. They need to type in each game on one computer that is slower than a google search on dial-up, can't do proper totals if there's more than 1 of the same title, rarely has the right UPC code info, and is missing a lot of newer games. Then they print it out and move you to computer #2 where they have to re-enter all the information, type Y, Y, N, Y, N, N, Y, N etc. a thousand times for each game, and adjust the prices because most of them don't match up. If it takes over 20 min. the transaction times out and they have to start over from scratch. Not an easy process and nothing to worry EB anytime soon. Oh, and one of the games (that worked fine on the first machine) wouldn't go through on the 2nd due to some glitch. Not to mention, TWO employees told be beforehand that there is a limit of 3 games per person (when it's actually 3 of the same title), I guess they all kind of skimmed the instructions.

Nice to see the formula posted above, unfortunately it only helps if we can see the used game prices before trading and the selection is pretty crappy right now.

All in all, it was a very lengthy experience that I would never repeat if I wasn't determined to trade games for a big ass TV (because I can't afford to pay cash and Wipeout HD is 8 days away).

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back