FS:Trade Station Updates: ALL locations LIST + Dedicated Trade website.

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
As I picked up my 360 at FS this morning, I noticed this on the EMPLOYEE GETAWAY...the video game trading program is coming 09/15 IT'S A NATION-WIDE ROLLOUT!

you get credit on a card..dunno if its TAX FREE like EB games....NOT!

Trade in Credit can be used on services AND ALL MERCHANDISE! Ipods...macs...ps3...whatever!

FS's formula for trade value:

USED price:
Divided by 2
Minus 10%
=Trade value!!!!

Example:
Mario Galaxy USED 39.99
Divided by 2 =$20!
Minus 10%
Final Value=$18

This is the formula for ALL GAMES! It can be mario galaxy and trade in at the same price as Horsez 3

All Gamecube and XBOX GAMES ARE EXCLUDED!!!

All SPORTS games MUST BE THIS year's OR LAST year's versions.
NO 07 & Prior games accepted!

List of participating locations:

2929976876_2156743691_o.jpg

http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/usedgames/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cswloo']Traded in Bioshock ($13.20), Guitar Hero 3 ($22.80) and Alone in the Dark ($13.20) at the Kingsway location for the 50% off Fable II coupon.

There were 2 versions of Alone in the Dark on the web terminal but even though the one that matched my game's UPC was at $22.80, it didn't have a trade in code for the guy to type into the other terminal. So they would only give it to me for the other lesser $13.20 value since it had the trade in code and the one mine matched didn't. Anyone looking to trade this one in, should watch out for that.[/quote]

Was your GH3 copy a "Not for Resale" copy?

I have 2 questions:

1) Do they price match trades?
2)What are these 50% off coupons and where do I get them?

I was doing some thinking, and I realized that, because you can`t combine the store credits, can`t you just buy a gift card with each of the store credits, then combine those. Would that work:bouncy:

[quote name='game_fanatic']Was your GH3 copy a "Not for Resale" copy?[/quote]

Nope, just a regular copy of GH3 I picked up at EB during their big sale. GH3 scanned up fine with no trouble. Alone in the Dark was the title they were all confused about, they didn't have it in the computer right or something, who knows.

I should also mention they had 2 versions of GH3 in the system, one listed as something like 'bundle SW' and the other one was for the one I traded in. Both were listed at $22.80.

Ok, scheme failed, sorry guys, I tried to get one of my work buddies (who has a work email) to send the xml file (or whatever the excel spreadsheet is) to me through his email, but nada.

[quote name='gamer602']I know someone said they were able to get a printout, but were not allowed to take it out...[/quote]

We're also not allowed to jaywalk, download movies (ok c'mon we all do it) or wear white after Labor Day (is this only a Yankee rule?) but we still do it ;).

Might as well throw some numbers in:
Viva Pinata: Party Animals $13.20
Project Sylpheed $8.40
Guitar Hero III regular UPC x2 $22.80
Mass Effect $22.80
Jericho $2
NHL 07 $2

All in all got $90 and a half off Fable 2/LBP coupon, which I can't use because I already have Fable II preordered at EB...although if this works for CE I may switch my EB and pick it up at FS.

Kept the last two, might as well save for another tiv 3/5/10 at EB or hope they go up eventually :)

I'm going to try to trade these games in today:
Ace Combat 6-$22.80
Rockstar Table Tennis-$3.60*
Virtua Tennis 3-$8.40
Viva Pinata Party Animals-$8.20
NFL Tour-$2*
Call Of Duty 2-$6.20*
Bullet Witch-$8.40
Bioshock- $13.20
NCAA Football 08- $3.60*
NHL 2K8-$8.40
Condemned 2-$22.80
Warhawk-Didn't bring to the store
Ninja Gaiden Sigma- $8.40? (I think the person has to ENTER THE UPC. If they enter the title it shows up as 8.40)*
GTA IV-$22.80
DMC 4-$22.80
VF5-$22.80 :hot: :hot: :Hot:

DS
Metroid Prime Pinball-Not very much at all, less than 5*

PSP
Death Jr.- less than 5*
Lumines II-less than 5*
Castlevania something rather- $8.40

While I know I'll trade a bunch of them in as some will probably be $20+, I'll hopefully get full paid-preorders of LBP and Fable II, as well as Dead Space and NHL 09 (which are $50 at Best Buy Ancaster so I'll price match :) )
I'll let everyone know trade values when I get back.

[quote name='Azumangaman']
While I know I'll trade a bunch of them in as some will probably be $20+, I'll hopefully get full paid-preorders of LBP and Fable II, as well as Dead Space and NHL 09 (which are $50 at Best Buy Ancaster so I'll price match :) )
I'll let everyone know trade values when I get back.[/quote]

I'd be careful, as getting two 50% coupons is YMMV...so you might need to split it into separate visits.

[quote name='tymcg']I'd be careful, as getting two 50% coupons is YMMV...so you might need to split it into separate visits.[/quote]
I got 2 :)
I'm going to edit the earlier post with TIVs.

Tried to trade in a xbox360 Guitar Hero 3 with no UPC code to futureshop at Mississauga Heartland location. Didn't work, got rejected. Dude said upc is required. Anybody got a scanned cover of this with a UPC code?

I'm off to pick up Fable 2 :)
I'm sure most of you have seen this but it's two Fable 2 web based mini games that can net you some gold and some items in the game. It's worth playing around with. Also the Fable 2 Video Diaries are worth watching. I don't remember there being a spoilers that will ruin the experience.

Good news if anyone wanted the Limited Edition. The coupon takes $30 off the total price so I was able to pay the extra $10 and get the Halo inspired armor, Energy Sword and extra dungeons.

Alright, here's my solution to the horrible FS database:

As each entry has it's own FS TIV SKU, I'll be manually inserting this into the current tivs database. After that's done (only ~1500 manual entries to insert :p) I'll create a script to parse the information to find the corresponding entry with the matching SKU to update the current FS TIV. Counting obligations (it doesn't help my son's first birthday is this weekend) the values should be up no later than November 1.

Just figured I'd let you guys know how long the process would take!

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I'm off to pick up Fable 2 :)
I'm sure most of you have seen this but it's two Fable 2 web based mini games that can net you some gold and some items in the game. It's worth playing around with. Also the Fable 2 Video Diaries are worth watching. I don't remember there being a spoilers that will ruin the experience.

Good news if anyone wanted the Limited Edition. The coupon takes $30 off the total price so I was able to pay the extra $10 and get the Halo inspired armor, Energy Sword and extra dungeons.[/quote]

Hmm, the coupon clearly says "Not Valid on Fable II Limited Edition." Were there any hurdles at the checkout? I would definitely get the LE if the option is available!

how to get the most out of the future shop trading system

Also it says clearly on the flier that you must trade in 3 games with 10$ minimum credit so therefore its not total 30$.

Ok firstly they have 2 conditions.
1. Must be in original game case (methinks that was added to stop NFResale copies)
2.Game must be relatively in good condition.

Heres how to do it in 3 easy steps

Step 1:
Make the employee use the trade in station website (they're supposed to anyway)
Step 2
sad.gif
the most important step)
MAKE SURE THE EMPLOYEE TYPES IN THE SKU OF THE ITEM AND NOT TYPE IN THE NAME
Step 3:
Profits

Took in 4 games today,
Fantastic Four ROTSS Wii
Trauma Center second opinion Wii
GH3 X360
History channel X360

Paid less than 30$ for the 4 alltogether.

Called over the phone they quoted me these values.
History 8.40
GH3 13,20
FF ROTSS 13.20
TC SO 18

they typed them in with name and thats what came up.

however when I came with the game they typed them in by number and the values were.

History 18!!!
GH3 22!!!
FF 13
TC SO 18

Ended up with 72$ credit complete and the half off Fable 2 coupon.

Note on the fable 2 coupon. It says in clear fine print that it cannot be used on the limited edition HOWEVER, if you bring the limited edition up and the store clerk is nice/doesn't care/doesn't notice the coupon will take 30$ off the limited edition.

So all in all I have Fable 2 LE and 26$ to spend later down the line at future shop just for getting them to type in the numbers.

Note I think its a time sensitive thing (aka they update the names and not the SKU) so make sure they check the SKU.

Oh and how my topic got deleted and British HMVs now accepting tradeins is still on the board is beyond stupidity.

Warhawk - 8.40
NBA 2K8(PS3) - 8.40
Grimgrimoire (PS2) - 0.00
Ratchet and Clank TOD - 22.80
Fire Emblem (Wii) - 18.00
Mass Effect - 10.xx
Rock Band (Ps3) - 8.40

successfully picked up the LE of fable 2 today. i asked and she said it didn't matter because the coupon acts as a -$30 and not a / 2.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Hmm, the coupon clearly says "Not Valid on Fable II Limited Edition." Were there any hurdles at the checkout? I would definitely get the LE if the option is available![/QUOTE]

I had no troubles at all. I just asked and said I don't want the 50% off the limited I just want to pay the Extra $10 for the Limited Edition. He just said lets see if the computer will do it. It did so I went happily home. I had to ask for the Limited edition though it wasn't on the shelf yet and they only got 5 copies.

The sword and armor look good in the game. The designers did a good job making it look like a period piece. Here's a link to download the Fable Collection music. At the top right you'll see a picture that says fable collection click here to download. It has six songs 3 from each game.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I had no troubles at all. I just asked and said I don't want the 50% off the limited I just want to pay the Extra $10 for the Limited Edition. He just said lets see if the computer will do it. It did so I went happily home. I had to ask for the Limited edition though it wasn't on the shelf yet and they only got 5 copies.

The sword and armor look good in the game. The designers did a good job making it look like a period piece. Here's a link to download the Fable Collection music. At the top right you'll see a picture that says fable collection click here to download. It has six songs 3 from each game.[/quote]
How's the functionality of the armor and sword? Like are they actually useful, or just for show? Thanks!

[quote name='game_fanatic']How's the functionality of the armor and sword? Like are they actually useful, or just for show? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Sword has 3 star rating has a damage of 22.0 you can add 3 augments and the speed rating is fast.
Armor Pieces has a 4 star ratings and adds a bunch of numbers to your character's attractiveness ect.
You also get an option to change your name so everyone will call you Master Chief :p

Here's a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0eL8UreLQg&feature=related

I finally took my lazy ass to FS today for Fable 2 LE. What I traded in are

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) - $27.60 (It may appear as $8.XX too but this is correct one thanks to SKU search tip)
The Bee Movie (Wii) - $13.20 (picked up at BBV for 9 bucks or so)
Guitar Hero 3 (360) - $22.80 (picked up in the summer at EB during daily sale)

GH3 TIV is very YMMV. What I traded in is apparently a game from a bundle and it seems to have a different SKU from stand-alone game.

Total came to $63.60 and I walked away with Fable 2 LE (damn price tag on box cover :() and $18.41 in store credit. :D

[quote name='neksus']GH3 is 22.80 for all versions of it.
The price tag on the cover comes off pretty easily.
Stupid codeless LEs, I concur![/quote]

I think I saw different TIVs showed up in the system when searched by name. He had to match the SKUs.

[quote name='danthemightyone']I finally took my lazy ass to FS today for Fable 2 LE. What I traded in are

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) - $27.60 (It may appear as $8.XX too but this is correct one thanks to SKU search tip)
The Bee Movie (Wii) - $13.20 (picked up at BBV for 9 bucks or so)
Guitar Hero 3 (360) - $22.80 (picked up in the summer at EB during daily sale)

GH3 TIV is very YMMV. What I traded in is apparently a game from a bundle and it seems to have a different SKU from stand-alone game.

Total came to $63.60 and I walked away with Fable 2 LE (damn price tag on box cover :() and $18.41 in store credit. :D[/quote]

Apparently FS won't accept games that have "Not for Resale" on the back, which is what the GH3 bundles are. I have half a mind to call FS HQ and see what the real deal is on those. I mean, the Not for Resale tag is for the retailers, not consumers.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Apparently FS won't accept games that have "Not for Resale" on the back, which is what the GH3 bundles are. I have half a mind to call FS HQ and see what the real deal is on those. I mean, the Not for Resale tag is for the retailers, not consumers.[/quote]

so then how would futureshop, the retailer, sell them? i can get why futureshop does that.

[quote name='cm matty']so then how would futureshop, the retailer, sell them? i can get why futureshop does that.[/quote]
Used games are another story. If EB Games can take them, why can't Future Shop? If they want to be competitive, they should mimic their competition, and improve upon them.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Used games are another story. If EB Games can take them, why can't Future Shop? If they want to be competitive, they should mimic their competition, and improve upon them.[/quote]

i understand the argument that 'if eb does it, why doesn't fs'. that said, i also get why fs just would avoid it. as for mimicking everything eb does, not so much. they should improve upon everything eb does, yes, and maybe they think that only accepting stuff w/ upc's is an improvement. *shrug* long story short, it's weird that they don't when another store does, but i understand.

Alright guys, I put in the effort and got all the FS tivs up for the current-gen consoles, psp/ps2/ds to follow eventually, but I figured these were the important ones.

The new trade in values are reflected at tivs.ca.

In entering the FS entries, there were roughly ~150 new games added overall that don't have a corresponding BBV TIV or EB TIV (the EB ones are noted as 0/0/2008 whereas the BBV ones are simply blank. If everybody could update 3 (three) titles by going down to EB, calling, whatever you have to do over the weekend it should fill in quite a few of the gaps.

It took me around 5 hours all said and done to enter in the SKUs (which are databased for future use), create missing entries to place the SKUs into and write a script to parse the entries directly into the database from the FS one (so it can be mass-updated for FS TIVS), so take 5 minutes out of your day and help out the community please! Also, please post EB trade in values in it's respective thread!

If you feel adventurous, feel free to post more than three! Remember, every little bit counts!

My idea for account game-tracking and calculating should be a bit more worthwhile now if FS keeps in the game...

edit - link to sort them with no eb tivs first.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma has a tiv of $27.60? That can't be right. Is that even the GH version? Because if so, I am totally trading this game tomorrow.

[quote name='neksus']Alright guys, I put in the effort and got all the FS tivs up for the current-gen consoles, psp/ps2/ds to follow eventually, but I figured these were the important ones...[/quote]

That is just...WOW. I wish I had the smarts to even know how to attain those values. Nice work neksus, and thanks! :)

[quote name='DMPugh']Ninja Gaiden Sigma has a tiv of $27.60? That can't be right. Is that even the GH version? Because if so, I am totally trading this game tomorrow.[/quote]

I did it for the non-GH version and got $27.60 (SKU input instead of title search). Give it a try for the GH version, simple hit or miss.

For every single title that has more than one UPC (aside from Oblivion), the TIV is identical. Only 1 internal SKU is assigned for Halo Legendary and Halo regular, both pay the same. It's the same with every single title except Oblivion, I'm almost certain (and in this instance there's a $9 difference).

[quote name='AJD23']I did it for the non-GH version and got $27.60 (SKU input instead of title search). Give it a try for the GH version, simple hit or miss.[/quote]

Mine was non-GH as well. I really doubt GH version gives same TIV as brand new one is like $29.99?

[quote name='cm matty']i understand the argument that 'if eb does it, why doesn't fs'. that said, i also get why fs just would avoid it. as for mimicking everything eb does, not so much. they should improve upon everything eb does, yes, and maybe they think that only accepting stuff w/ upc's is an improvement. *shrug* long story short, it's weird that they don't when another store does, but i understand.[/quote]
Like I said, FS should mimic EB, and improve upon it. Clearly we don't want another EB-esque retailer out there:lol:

Nice Job Neksus, looks like some great deals can be had when combined with some of Futureshops promos

for example I traded in Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) & Mass Effect for 36 TIV plus got the coupon for $20 off Gears 2, way better then what can be done at EB or Blockbuster right now

So if I took Bully ($18 TIV), and Assassins Creed ($22.80 TIV), what kind of deal could I get towards Fable 2? Is it, x amount of $$$ off + credit? Or...what is it? Also, if that's the case, I can just use my credit to buy it, right?

[quote name='Kekumba']So if I took Bully ($18 TIV), and Assassins Creed ($22.80 TIV), what kind of deal could I get towards Fable 2? Is it, x amount of $$$ off + credit? Or...what is it? Also, if that's the case, I can just use my credit to buy it, right?[/quote]
There is currently no deal towards Fable 2 anymore. The current deal is "Trade in 2 games worth $10+ in value, receive $20 off Gears of War 2, WoW: Wrath of the Lich King, or Resistance 2."

Well, that sucks then. I guess I'll just trade in the two games I mentioned and then pay the remaining bit for Fable 2. And then trade in two more towards Gears.

I traded Bully, Assassins Creed, WWE SvR07, and Fifa 08 and got $72 credit. Bought Fable 2 and have $6 leftover, plus the $20 off gears coupon. Not bad at all. The only problem was that when he typed the game code (SKU?) from the Future Shop site into the store computer the TIV's were different from that of Future Shop's site. It was cool, though, he just changed them. This was at the Future Shop in Kanata.

bread's done
Back