FYE: 20% Bonus Trade Ins is Back!!! Extended til 7/27 YMMV

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
UPDATE: Many CAGs are reporting that the trade in deal has been extended to the end of July! Be aware that this has not been confirmed and like everything else FYE does, may be very YMMV depending on the competancy of their employees.

Looks like FYE is running their "Brown Bag" trade in deal again.

Basically, anything you trade in (CD,DVD,Game) gets an automatic 20% bump, plus if you elect to get store credit, you get another 25% bump!!! Just be sure that your stuff is in good shape and complete...FYE can be very picky! And also be aware that like any other deal at FYE, this can be YMMV depending on how on the ball the staff is!

According to the brown bags, this promo runs until 7/18/07 so we all have plenty of time to exploit it!

THIS is the bag you need to look for:

UPDATE: Here are some reported trade in values (before bump)

Also, if you guys are looking for trade in values, www.secondspin.com is usually pretty close to what you receive in store.

[XBOX]

Winning Eleven 8 - $5.00
Stacked - $8.00
Nightmare Bf Xmas - $5.00
Tony Hawk A.W. - $4.00
Gun - $5.00
Frogger Ancient Shadow - $5.00
NTRA Breeder's Cup - $5.00
G. Hastings Paintball Maxd - $7.00
Scarface - $10.00

[PS2]

Cabelas Dangerous Hunts - $5.00
IGPX - $16.00
Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses - $7.00
SingStar Rocks Bundle - $21.60
Dirge Cerberus - $8.00
Phantom Brave - $12.00
Tourist Trophy - $12.00

[PSP]

Samurai Warriors - $15.00
Blitz Overtime - $16.00 now $2.00
Y's Ark of Napishtim - $8.00
MTX Mototrax - $7.00
Bust A Move - $12.00
Juiced Eliminator - $4.00
GTA Liberty City - $7.00
Lemmings - $9.00

[XB360]

Viva Pinata - $12.80
DDR Universe - $21.60
Virtua Tennis 3 - $21.60

[PS3]

Untold Legends - $24.00

[DS]

Point Blank - $7.00
Rub rabbits - $8.00
Garfield - $7.00

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yes, they ARE picky, which is why I'm glad they are, so I don't end up getting GS quality garbage from them when I buy a game, movie or cd.

While it's a bad thing for some people(ie those with kids who toss around games like frisbees), it's a definite bonus for the rest of us, though I will say that the trades I took in in the last couple days had a few surface scratches and they said nothing.

So, I guess I just got lucky because once before I took in a GS bought game to flip, only to find out that they wouldn't take it because of a surface scratch that you couldn't see unless you were constantly adjusting the disc under the light at all angles.[/quote]

It actually depends on the clerk. I've had CDs with very light scratches be accepted without any problems whatsoever, but others... yeah.

[quote name='Ed_']Wow, sucks that people are being banned now. I managed to make $959.33 in store credit. I got two PS3s with it. I'm going to go tomorrow to trade in a few CDs and a copy of Pimp My Ride and Tiger Woods PSP.[/quote]

Jesus Christ dude.

Must be well stocked in your area, eh?

Yeah, very well stocked! The downer is that not many people play games around my neck of the woods. I mean there are those who play Madden, Live and GTA, but no hardcore gamers within walking distance, so finding games for me is not difficult.

[quote name='Ed_']Yeah, very well stocked! The downer is that not many people play games around my neck of the woods. I mean there are those who play Madden, Live and GTA, but no hardcore gamers within walking distance, so finding games for me is not difficult.[/quote]

Well Burbank seems to be a cestpool for gamers :(

I can never find a game (i.e. Lumines) in stock for long.

I'm going to Kmart today to pick up a couple of copies of World Tour Soccer (PSP) $4.00 and The Con (PSP) $4.00 so I can trade them in @ fye for the last day.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Well Burbank seems to be a cestpool for gamers :(

I can never find a game (i.e. Lumines) in stock for long.[/QUOTE]

Damn right! I was looking there last week for the Darkness. I had to go to...Van Nuys.

[quote name='animemaniac14']so i guess who ever said that the promotion got extended was dead wrong huh?[/QUOTE]

It's fye, every store makes up their own rules.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I can never find a game (i.e. Lumines) in stock for long.[/quote]

With all the Lumines ebay gouging, it'd be lucky to find the game anywhere.

They were super picky for me. They wouldn't accept one of the games I had. I don't know what's wrong with it, since I got back to the car and inspected it and saw no scratches or anything, then I dropped it... and now it's scratched. No chance of them accepting it now...

Also, what's the deal with their used stuff? I bought some DVDs from the store credit I had and one DVD has large circular scratches on it and on another DVD set, the layers are separating. WTF???

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yes, they ARE picky, which is why I'm glad they are, so I don't end up getting GS quality garbage from them when I buy a game, movie or cd.

While it's a bad thing for some people(ie those with kids who toss around games like frisbees), it's a definite bonus for the rest of us, though I will say that the trades I took in in the last couple days had a few surface scratches and they said nothing.

So, I guess I just got lucky because once before I took in a GS bought game to flip, only to find out that they wouldn't take it because of a surface scratch that you couldn't see unless you were constantly adjusting the disc under the light at all angles.[/quote]

Sounds like whoever you had for a clerk was much more picky than who ever accepted those DVDs.

No matter where you are, always check your used discs before paying.

[quote name='guinaevere']Sounds like whoever you had for a clerk was much more picky than who ever accepted those DVDs.

No matter where you are, always check your used discs before paying.[/quote]

Smart advice that's what I do.

[quote name='guinaevere']No matter where you are, always check your used discs before paying.[/quote]

It's not like I can peel the shrinkwrap off and inspect 14 DVDs in store...

As long as I can return/exchange it the next time I'm there it's OK.

[quote name='qpwoeiruty']It's not like I can peel the shrinkwrap off and inspect 14 DVDs in store...[/quote]The used stuff is shrinkwrapped? (still haven't purchased anything used from FYE, so I didn't notice) I'd still take up to the counter what I know I want to buy, and if it's used, I'd definately request to see the discs. Or be dang sure that I could return for refund if the product is defective.

[quote name='guinaevere']The used stuff is shrinkwrapped? [/quote]

yeah some games they have thats really low priced are call used with a used sticker. although its obvious that the game is brand new

[quote name='guinaevere']The used stuff is shrinkwrapped? (still haven't purchased anything used from FYE, so I didn't notice) I'd still take up to the counter what I know I want to buy, and if it's used, I'd definately request to see the discs. Or be dang sure that I could return for refund if the product is defective.[/quote]

Most times their idea of shrink wrapped is one of those plastic bags with the sticky glue strip to seal the bag shut. They're the only store I've seen which uses them around here, though I did find a copy of Rainbow Six for PS1 which was half complete(missing the manual) and sealed in one of those bags.

As for the poor quality DVDs, I definitely would ask to see the discs prior to leaving the store. If they're THAT picky about how MY discs look when I trade them in, then I've got to be just as picky about when I buy from them.

[quote name='animemaniac14']so when you ask for credit at fye...you can use it on used dvds can't you? sorry if this has been answered already :([/quote]
You essentially get a FYE gift card instead of cash which is good for ANYTHING at FYE.

[quote name='guinaevere']The used stuff is shrinkwrapped? (still haven't purchased anything used from FYE, so I didn't notice) I'd still take up to the counter what I know I want to buy, and if it's used, I'd definately request to see the discs. Or be dang sure that I could return for refund if the product is defective.[/quote]
At my store, everything is shrinkwrapped, not just bags with sticky glue on it.

I think they have their own shrinkwrap machine since, as I mentioned earlier, I noticed that they were putting out the stuff I had just traded in less than half an hour realier, along with a whole cartload of other used stuff, and it was all shrinkwrapped...

Bad used DVDs probably fall under their 30 day defective item guarantee, or maybe a 14 day guarantee... I can't remember what the "100% guaranteed" sticker said abotu that now...

[quote name='phear3d']yeah some games they have thats really low priced are call used with a used sticker. although its obvious that the game is brand new[/QUOTE]

That could also be because someone traded in a new game but didn't open it. I did that a few times when I had some games that weren't just cheap flip games. Sega Soccer Slam for example got $24 in credit (this was 3 years ago) but if they wouldn't take it, I could have gotten $15+ for it on EBay (paid $5 for it), so I wasn't going to open it.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']That could also be because someone traded in a new game but didn't open it. I did that a few times when I had some games that weren't just cheap flip games. Sega Soccer Slam for example got $24 in credit (this was 3 years ago) but if they wouldn't take it, I could have gotten $15+ for it on EBay (paid $5 for it), so I wasn't going to open it.[/quote]

But see, to many stores, unopened games seem like a major red flag and they will open them prior to taking them in for trade. This is why I'm glad secondspin and wherehouse.com usually are spot on for the trade values, since I then know whether or not the games are WORTH trading in at that moment or not.

For some of the games I took into FYE yesterday, it was a no brainer, since I was getting what I'd paid for them in the first place and I had played and enjoyed some of them immensely already, so I got my use out of them.

Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet, DDR Universe is now ringing up for $13 instead of $17 at CC. It still gets $31.xx at FYE after the 45%. It doesn't get any better than that. Can you say ipod shuffle for $40? How about a Wii for $120? I am a legend.....

[quote name='THE DARK KNIGHT']Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet, DDR Universe is now ringing up for $13 instead of $17 at CC. It still gets $31.xx at FYE after the 45%. It doesn't get any better than that. Can you say ipod shuffle for $40? How about a Wii for $120? I am a legend.....[/quote]

Are you talking about DDR Universe for XBOX 360? cause I bought one and traded it in to FYE for the 45% and I got it for about $12.00 @ CC and they said it was the last day to get it for that price and then it would go back to it's normal price. But if it 13.00 @ my CC store then I'll pick up a copy.

My local FYE store (Burbank) claims that the extra 20% brown bag promotion has been extended through Saturday, July 21. As with all things FYE, ymmv.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Are you talking about DDR Universe for XBOX 360? cause I bought one and traded it in to FYE for the 45% and I got it for about $12.00 @ CC and they said it was the last day to get it for that price and then it would go back to it's normal price. But if it 13.00 @ my CC store then I'll pick up a copy.[/QUOTE]

Yes Sir

Not sure. I just got it a couple of days ago and I'm going to go get the other copies right now and see. Oh, and i just called my FYE here in FLA and it is extended until 7/24. Woot!

[quote name='seanr1221']Traded in The Darkness (PS3) for 39.60[/quote]

Cool, guess I'll do the same. I like the game, but Rainbow Six or Ninja Gaiden is higher on my list than this game.

I just got $171 in-store credit with my trade-ins. I was hoping for more, since Timesplitters (PS2) was valued at $18.00 on secondspin.com, but worth only $0.01 in store. But ah well, I'll go back since the manager said that they are extending the sale, probably till the end of the month.

did most likely my last trade today in freehold nj, finally found a place to buy my 24 dvds. Anyways I traded in 24 season 1, 2, 4, and tomb raider legend for gc and got 91.35 after the bump

i may try one last flip tomorrow, but after 450 dollars in credit i think im done

I had to call my FYE cause I don't have a the bag for the extra 25% bump up...It turns out that there all sold out of bags and I called the other FYE's in my area...they have bags but...their manager won't allow them to give out bags!

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']I had to call my FYE cause I don't have a the bag for the extra 25% bump up...It turns out that there all sold out of bags and I called the other FYE's in my area...they have bags but...their manager won't allow them to give out bags![/QUOTE]

just buy a soda there and ask them to put in the 25% bag but my FYE just gives the bag IF you ask.

i would just like to point out that the prices for the 24' dvd's i traded in were lower in store, then on secondspin and wherehouse.com so beware

season 1 was 15 on wherehouse and second spin but 12 in fye

season 2 was 17.50 on the site, but 14 in store

weird

I did my last trade earlier today, same store I've hit in the past couple days too, only traded in ONE game, got $10 after bump.

Liberty City Stories(PS2)$7 pre bump, $10 after

Later on at another FYE, I bought a used copy of the PS2 version of the Transformers movie game. I joked around with them that the sign for the free TF movie promo says ANY version of the game, so once they get in stock of it, I'm getting a nice sealed TF movie. It's too bad I already bought the movie(soon as it was released), but hell, I'm sure I could find SOMEONE to sell it to for like $10 before shipping, right?

I went to Kmart Today and picked up 2 copies of World Tour Soccer (PSP) $4.00 each...I traded 1 in and kept the other since I'm getting a psp from FYE this week and I'm gonna need something to play. lol

&

It turns out that I was able to find my bag to qualify for the 25%!:lol:

Here is what I traded in.....and got with the 45% added on.....

:psp: World Tour Soccer $13.50
Britney Spears: OOPS! I DID IT AGAIN (CD) $3.00
Veronica Mars Season 2 (DVD) $18.00
Spy Kids 3D WS (DVD) $3.75
Spongebob Squarepants: Lost in Time (DVD) $3.75
Matrix Revolutions FS (DVD) $1.50

Total: $43.50 in Store Credit

Stopped in my local FYE tonight with a few things to trade.

No bonus bags, they no longer give cash for trade-ins, and no extra bump beyond the base trade-in values even though it's store credit.

I really HATE fye.

[quote name='tomwaits1']Stopped in my local FYE tonight with a few things to trade.

No bonus bags, they no longer give cash for trade-ins, and no extra bump beyond the base trade-in values even though it's store credit.

I really HATE fye.[/quote]

same here but im no $lut im happy with what i got

monkeydew has been totally negative this whole thread.
He calls all of us $luts. I dont appreciate it too much, and im sure the other "$luts" dont neither!

[quote name='animemaniac14']so does anyone know if some of the stores are extending this deal? cuz i heard that mentioned a few posts ago...[/quote]
Well...I know that for my state the deal ended today...I hate that it couldn't be extended for my area...but hey! I'm thankful to get all the store credit I could grab before the deal was over...at least I got to go back for the last day!:)

Well i will have t check the stores in Western New York to see if they still have it.l I stopped trading stuff in between the 50 dollar gift card on helio phones and what i traded in I had like 900 in trade in credit used it to get a ps3 and debating what to do with the rest.

bread's done
Back