GA CAG's, represent...

[quote name='kjauburn']If you have a Media Play near you check out the $8.99 sale going on. Swung by the Media Play at North point today and they had over 100+ titles for $8.99. There is a thread discussing the titles in the Deals Forum. Buddy of mine said the Johnson Ferry Media Play has a nice selection as well. Need to hit it in the next few days though since I saw a guy buying about 150 games at the Northpoint location. If nothing else it may be a great time to pick up some gifts...[/QUOTE]

150 games!? I HATE ebay hoarders!!!

$1,350 before taxes. I hope he gets burned and scammed.

Anyone in the Acworth/Kennesaw area go out last night for a 360? I got off work last night around midnight and went by the Acworth Wal-Mart (I live in the apartments right next to it), and only saw a couple people walking out with one. I just drove by to see if there was any activity, in the past that wal-mart has been a treasure trove for launches because no one ever went there.

I saw on the news how that woman was robbed in Jonesboro for the 360 she was getting for her son, sure is sad.

The Walmart in Canton has PS2 memory cards for $19.82 if anyone is in the area.

Also, I had no idea there was a Circuit City in Kennesaw. I'm gonna call for directions tomorrow.

Yup, I guess from Canton you could take 575 South to Barrett Parkway, take a right for a couple miles and it's right before the intersection of Barrett and Cobb Pkwy.

I remember there use to be a Circuit City down there but I thought they closed. I guess they just relocated.

I just checked the Rhino's site and it turns out they have a store about 10 minutes from my house. All this time and I never knew grr.

[quote name='cletus']I remember there use to be a Circuit City down there but I thought they closed. I guess they just relocated.

I just checked the Rhino's site and it turns out they have a store about 10 minutes from my house. All this time and I never knew grr.[/QUOTE]

It AND the Wal-mart relocated. Circuit city to 1 block east of 41 on Barrett, and Walmart to Barrett Lakes Pkwy (where the $1 theatre used to be)

[quote name='sketch226']First and maybe only one in here from Cartersville[/QUOTE]
I Live in Rome. I think that the Eb in Cartersville is one of the best I have been. They alway have what I am looking for, they have nintendo and snes game in original boxes.

[quote name='ECW_fan']I Live in Rome. I think that the Eb in Cartersville is one of the best I have been. They alway have what I am looking for, they have nintendo and snes game in original boxes.[/QUOTE]

I've heard good things about that store too.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']It AND the Wal-mart relocated. Circuit city to 1 block east of 41 on Barrett, and Walmart to Barrett Lakes Pkwy (where the $1 theatre used to be)[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing Lost in Translation at that theater. It sucks to find out their gone.

[quote name='cletus']I remember seeing Lost in Translation at that theater. It sucks to find out their gone.[/QUOTE]

The Blackwell $1 theatre closed too (next to Side Pocket).

The good news (besides Geico) is that there is a decent little used game shop next to Willy's in the BB&B/World Market (old Uptons) shopping center. A little overpriced on the 2D fighters, but nice to browse.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']The Blackwell $1 theatre closed too (next to Side Pocket).

The good news (besides Geico) is that there is a decent little used game shop next to Willy's in the BB&B/World Market (old Uptons) shopping center. A little overpriced on the 2D fighters, but nice to browse.[/QUOTE]

If that's the one on Barrett it's called Play N Trade.

[quote name='neocisco']If that's the one on Barrett it's called Play N Trade.[/QUOTE]

Sandwiched between Nextel? and Willy's, yeah that's it.

Not the greatest store in the world, but a nice little diversion and you can test anything in there.

And when the hell did my old school go D-IA in basketball? We just need to get Tootsie to pass on and we might even get football.

Play n trade's not bad. It reminds me of that old store Video Game Exchange that used to be at the other end of that shopping center years ago.

KBToys Northpointe Mall store is part of the buy 1 get 1 free sale. Overall selection isn't that great. Really PSP and DS games were the only items worthwhile. Alot of the best titles like Mario Kart DS were picked up the first day the employees said.

I'm going to the KB Toys in Discover Mills mall in Gwinnett County tomorrow. HOPEFULLY they will be doing this sale too.

KB Toys in Discover Mills, off of 85 past Gwinnett Place Mall, is having the B1G1. There were some games left, nothing I was interested in. They had a lot of DS ones, but nothing worth purchasing in my mind.

[quote name='kjauburn']KBToys Northpointe Mall store is part of the buy 1 get 1 free sale. Overall selection isn't that great. Really PSP and DS games were the only items worthwhile. Alot of the best titles like Mario Kart DS were picked up the first day the employees said.[/QUOTE]

What about the other stores in the Atlanta area?

[quote name='xboxowns']What about the other stores in the Atlanta area?[/QUOTE]

Northpoint Mall pretty much wiped clean of anything worthwhile.

Got back from Cartersville, something happened to the EB there nothing before the gamecube, xbox, and ps2 there. Made me mad was looking for a 64 game for a xmas present. They do have a store I have never seen before Rhino used games. They had a tom of DC, Snes, Nes, a good amount of 64 and genesis games. There was a lot of ps1 games too. They had all current gen games at pretty good prices. I would say about gamefly prices. Also EB and Rhino oth had SUIKODEN1 for 25-30 buck looks pretty good. Also Target there had a couple of 360 HD bought one to sell.

[quote name='magikman']Northpoint Mall pretty much wiped clean of anything worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

So is that the only KB store in Atlanta with that buy 1 get 1 free deal?

[quote name='SilverGriever']Man, it seems that all the CAGers here are northside. Am I the only Southside CAG? :cry:[/QUOTE]

That could be a huge plus. The TRU near me seems to get raped by a employee now. Wonder if here is on here...

[quote name='kjauburn']That could be a huge plus. The TRU near me seems to get raped by a employee now. Wonder if here is on here...[/QUOTE]

Would that be Kennesaw? I went in there Monday last week and it was a wreck.

[quote name='neocisco']Would that be Kennesaw? I went in there Monday last week and it was a wreck.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was in there the 27th. All the display copies for games were on the floor, but they were sold out in the case. No games were on the floor really. Found a copy of Sega Superstar for a future gift. When I went to check out, the storage room in the front was open and I coud see it was loaded with games. There were 2 employees in it looking through the games. They were just looking at the titles and the one was making a stack of a few to the side. I worked at TRU for several christmas's and it was very common for stacks of things to be stashed aside. I notice about stacks of 20 each for the gamecube sonic 2 packs and monkeyball 2 packs. They are clearance for 9.98 now.

Normally unless a employee wants to piss off another employee the stacks are normal status quo and sit back there. However since they are starting inventory prep right now for the first week of January, they could make it to the salesfloor. Basically the dept. head for RZone will want it all pushed out of the storage room to avoid having to do counts in there. There could be a nice wave of 9.99 games and other old markdown games coming out of the storage room in the next few week.

[quote name='kjauburn']Yeah I was in there the 27th. All the display copies for games were on the floor, but they were sold out in the case. No games were on the floor really. Found a copy of Sega Superstar for a future gift. When I went to check out, the storage room in the front was open and I coud see it was loaded with games. There were 2 employees in it looking through the games. They were just looking at the titles and the one was making a stack of a few to the side. I worked at TRU for several christmas's and it was very common for stacks of things to be stashed aside. I notice about stacks of 20 each for the gamecube sonic 2 packs and monkeyball 2 packs. They are clearance for 9.98 now.

Normally unless a employee wants to piss off another employee the stacks are normal status quo and sit back there. However since they are starting inventory prep right now for the first week of January, they could make it to the salesfloor. Basically the dept. head for RZone will want it all pushed out of the storage room to avoid having to do counts in there. There could be a nice wave of 9.99 games and other old markdown games coming out of the storage room in the next few week.[/QUOTE]

I made the unfortunate mistake of going in there on the 23rd. No good titles to speak of whatsoever. No MMCs either. I was greatly dissapointed.

If any of you are close by and interested, the Kennesaw TRU has about 10-15 copies of Metroid Prime 2 and 15-20 copies of Geist.

[quote name='neocisco']If any of you are close by and interested, the Kennesaw TRU has about 10-15 copies of Metroid Prime 2 and 15-20 copies of Geist.[/QUOTE]

Geist any good?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Geist any good?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it but I've heard pretty good things, especially for $10.

[quote name='neocisco']If any of you are close by and interested, the Kennesaw TRU has about 10-15 copies of Metroid Prime 2 and 15-20 copies of Geist.[/QUOTE]

Is that the TRU close to where I-575 ends into I-75? I can never remember the name of that road in front of it. I saw about 10 Polariums left for $10.

Yeah that is the one. Barret Parkway is the road. Seems like several of us stop in there once and awhile. I figure by the end of the week they should have the backroom cleaned out adn the shelves full for inventory.

Barret Parkway, that was it. I just remember that road seems to be completely jammed every time I'm down there. I hate being stuck in traffic.

I went to the Media Play right across the road too. It was having the closing sale but the video game section was pretty much cleaned out. I didn't see anything of interest to me at least. They still had a bunch of strategy guides, computer games, cds, and manga if anyone is going to be down there. I think the manga was 30% off.

Isn't there a Trade and Save down there? I remember seeing some ad for a video game store in that area but I could never find it.

Hey do you guys know any places in GA where I can get a cheap PSone screen? I've already called all 4 MediaPlays here to see if they have any in stock (they're supposed to be 5 bucks b/c of the sale) but no luck.

Checked out the Media Play on Johnson Ferry today. They seemed to have about twice as much left as they other 2 on the North side of town. Games were actually in decent order still. Wonder if they are planning to sell the xbox 360 kiosk they have there.

[quote name='kjauburn']Checked out the Media Play on Johnson Ferry today. They seemed to have about twice as much left as they other 2 on the North side of town. Games were actually in decent order still. Wonder if they are planning to sell the xbox 360 kiosk they have there.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised that store didn't close years ago. I lived behind it when they were constructing it. Great place for an entertainment store, but their prices didn't jive.

Anyone on the southside of town going to the Media Play in Morrow. If you do could you check to see in they have any Washburn Bad Dog 25 Watt Amp left?

I have to go to see a client in McDonough Thursday and figured it would be worth cutting over if they have the amp in stock still...

Went by the Kennesaw Media Play today. Even though it has been dropping on Wed it did not drop today. However they did seem to have new merchandise in. There were a few guitars (squire/fender) I know they didn't have last week, with stacks of 20+ now. Plus they seemed to have just put out some DVD's Simpsons 6/7, Sopranos 5, Desperate Housewives, and a huge stack of Cosby Show.

Games selection is getting pathetic. Soon the PS2 section will just be Bulletproof and max payne 2...

[quote name='kjauburn']Went by the Kennesaw Media Play today. Even though it has been dropping on Wed it did not drop today. However they did seem to have new merchandise in. There were a few guitars (squire/fender) I know they didn't have last week, with stacks of 20+ now. Plus they seemed to have just put out some DVD's Simpsons 6/7, Sopranos 5, Desperate Housewives, and a huge stack of Cosby Show.

Games selection is getting pathetic. Soon the PS2 section will just be Bulletproof and max payne 2...[/QUOTE]

Any acoustic?

Just a heads-up to anyone in ATL - the new Edgewood Best Buy (near little 5 points) got a bunch o' 360s in this afternoon. I scored a premium, and they had a decent number of additional systems in the back. If you want one, hit em up first thing in the AM tomorrow!

[quote name='kjauburn']Went by the Kennesaw Media Play today. Even though it has been dropping on Wed it did not drop today. However they did seem to have new merchandise in. There were a few guitars (squire/fender) I know they didn't have last week, with stacks of 20+ now. Plus they seemed to have just put out some DVD's Simpsons 6/7, Sopranos 5, Desperate Housewives, and a huge stack of Cosby Show.

Games selection is getting pathetic. Soon the PS2 section will just be Bulletproof and max payne 2...[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah, I went there today too. I got a good chuckle at all the 50 cent and Max Payne 2 copies left. I was hoping I would find at least one game I wanted, it was probably my last time in there and it was kind of depressing, I wanted to get at least one more game from there. I've been going there since 1996, the first thing I ever bought there was Akira, the first anime (aside from the old tv shows like Robotech) I ever watched. :cry:

[quote name='Blues']Lol yeah, I went there today too. I got a good chuckle at all the 50 cent and Max Payne 2 copies left. I was hoping I would find at least one game I wanted, it was probably my last time in there and it was kind of depressing, I wanted to get at least one more game from there. I've been going there since 1996, the first thing I ever bought there was Akira, the first anime (aside from the old tv shows like Robotech) I ever watched. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yeah back when Media Play first opened up they were pretty good. It was the only place around I could get Anime in Alpharetta area. I remember back in the day when Robotech was on TV after school in the 80's. I think it was 36 that had Robotech/Thunder Sub back to back...

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Any acoustic?[/QUOTE]

They had a stack of about 20 of the Squire (Fender) Acoustic Guitar right in the front today. They were $59.99 with the discount...

bread's done
Back