GA CAG's, represent...

Coming from the Atlanta Downtown Area (GATech).

Places I like to shop in Atlanta:
-CompUSA and Target on Windy Hill - good clearances, good selection (esp. -CompUSA)
-CC on Cobb Parkway - decent selection, decent price
-Fry's on Pleasant Hill - great selection and price + old PC games in the front of the books section - got Timesplitters 2 for $10 and Unreal 2 for $8 - special deal on UT2K4 for $20 as of last week
-EB at Lennox Square Mall - well stocked, decent prices
-EB at Discover Mills - tons of used PC games

Places I don't like to shop:
-Best Buy by Lawrenceville Hwy and 285 - PC games have limited stock, nobody seems to care about the games section, especially GameCube, had to ask for a copy of Morrowind GOTY from the back.

---

Has anyone been to the MicroCenter in Atlanta? How is it? I don't know exactly where it is and consequently haven't gotten to go there.

Nice to see a good bunch of CAGers here in the ATL!

MicroCenter has 2 locations. I go to the one down off Delk Rd at Powers Ferry on a regular basis to pick up items for clients. Console game selection/prices aren't that great. They do have a nice selection of PC games and usually you can pick up the older games for around $9. When I mean old we are talking 2 years old. I picked up the star craft battlechest awhile back for $9. Nothng beats the Fry's up in Gwinnett really, but its to far to go just for a game...

[quote name='22samurai']
[/QUOTE]

I don't like that EB too much. They have a horrible selection of used PS1 games, though I did score a complete TOD1 there. I only go to that EB cause my friend works there.

I take it you go to GA Tech? I go to Georgia State, which is right down the road from Tech, and hope to transfer into GA Tech within the next semester or so.

[quote name='22samurai']Coming from the Atlanta Downtown Area (GATech).

Places I like to shop in Atlanta:
-CompUSA and Target on Windy Hill - good clearances, good selection (esp. -CompUSA)
-CC on Cobb Parkway - decent selection, decent price
-Fry's on Pleasant Hill - great selection and price + old PC games in the front of the books section - got Timesplitters 2 for $10 and Unreal 2 for $8 - special deal on UT2K4 for $20 as of last week
-EB at Lennox Square Mall - well stocked, decent prices

Places I don't like to shop:
-Best Buy by Lawrenceville Hwy and 285 - PC games have limited stock, nobody seems to care about the games section, especially GameCube, had to ask for a copy of Morrowind GOTY from the back.

---

Has anyone been to the MicroCenter in Atlanta? How is it? I don't know exactly where it is and consequently haven't gotten to go there.

Nice to see a good bunch of CAGers here in the ATL!

-22[/QUOTE]

Hey, Im also from GaTech

Theres a Microcenter in Gwinett I believe, never been in it myself. Believe its around the area past Qzar around all the restaurants acrosss from where the Toys R Us used to be.

Northpoint:
Compusa:Terrible selection, unorganized everytime i go there
Toys R Us: Mediocre selection
Circuit City: Mediocre again
Best Buy: Best selection, worst prices
EB: Nice employess usually, try to find you the least scratched used game, pretty good used game selection

EB @ Johns Creek- Newer store, not great selection of old titles or used titles. Management there are dicks, they try to refuse online returns, rude and liar to customers. The teenage employees are knowledge and generally nice

I also agree with the Frys as being the best place to shop for the current generations games. Huge selection and usually great prices. Supposedly, they are building one in Alpharetta, but I have heard no further news on the construction.

Hiram here. Haven't been to the KB Outlet in months. Target right next to it has 3 Feel the Magic on clearance, and about 7 Sprungs. Sad thing is, they're marked at 9.98.

Are there any good places to buy classic games (like SNES) in ATL for cheap prices? There's a store called GameXchange in Athens where I used to live which really owned, they gave me a free intruction booklet/strategy guide for an SNES game and a GBA box w/ intructions and everything inside after I told them I bought the game cart-only a few weeks ago at the store. But recently I moved to atlanta, so that store is gone for me.

athens here, which is probably considered atlanta, b'cos what isn't?
sorry to say but that store, game x-change, is closed and there is nothing in town but the j&j flea market for old games. i work at bb and have a buddy that is a manager at gamestop, but there ain't nothing cheap in this town even with my discount. i did get close to first dibs at tru however, for all the good that did me, but resident evil 4 for ten bucks was nice.

[quote name='Dkellar']I don't like that EB too much. They have a horrible selection of used PS1 games, though I did score a complete TOD1 there. I only go to that EB cause my friend works there.

I take it you go to GA Tech? I go to Georgia State, which is right down the road from Tech, and hope to transfer into GA Tech within the next semester or so.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I go to Tech, but this semester I'm doing co-op, so just work, no classes. Good luck on transferring in! It's a great school and I love it. You'd think, with so many gamers at 'Tech and State that there would be an indie games shop nearby... hmmm... Anybody got some entrepreneurial skills to make this happen?

Did you guys see anything good at the local closing Sam Goody stores? I really want a discounted slim PS2 but I don't want to waste a trip to see that they have nothing left.

bread's done
Back