Game Crazy Used B2G1F sale 2/9 - Rumor

fatherofcaitlyn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
82 (100%)
I didn't see this posted, but feel free to reference any earlier topics regarding this.

Game Crazy is rumored to be holding a B2G1F sale for all used games under $29.99 starting on or around 2/9.

Since revealing your sources can get them fired, can any GC employee confirm or deny this deal?

MVP does not stack. Sorry that I didn't state that at the outset. Got the manager to push it through, well, he did it since I've bought a ton of systems at their store and have spent a ton of cash otherwise there. Anyhow, this is a good deal to some.

Might as well try this out this weekend if I have time. I wanted to pick up DK Jungle Beat at some point if they have it ($20 new, $15 used), now I'll have to check back in the GC markdown thread and see if there's anything else I want, or just go with regulary $20 games.

[quote name='botticus']Might as well try this out this weekend if I have time. I wanted to pick up DK Jungle Beat at some point if they have it ($20 new, $15 used), now I'll have to check back in the GC markdown thread and see if there's anything else I want, or just go with regulary $20 games.[/QUOTE]

Where's the nearest GameCrazy or GameCrazies in this area? I haven't seen any in my limited adventures around Cleveland, and there weren't any down in Akron.

[quote name='Genocidal']Where's the nearest GameCrazy or GameCrazies in this area? I haven't seen any in my limited adventures around Cleveland, and there weren't any down in Akron.[/QUOTE]
Well, you get the pleasure of the Kinsman Road GameCrazy. It's in the ghetto, somewhere off MLK near... Shaker, I think. I made the wonderful decision of driving from there to an EB in the ghetto... which took me through deeper ghetto. I hated Mapquest for telling me to turn left into what was basically a dark alley :p

There's another somewhere a bit further south... oh, Maple Heights, that's right - around 480 and Broadway. The nicer store is in Willoughby, which is quite a bit closer to me, though not a terrible drive from Case. All three actually had decent classic selection, but I've never really paid attention to their current gen selection.

[quote name='MightySlacker']MVP did not stack, and when he tried it locked up the system and he had to redo everything

Skies of Arcadia
.hack Mutation
Dynasty Tactics
Kessen III
X-Men Legends
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (xbx)

$59.xx. HUZZAH!

Dave[/QUOTE]

thats weird, this morning we got the printout with the barcode/coupon that we just scan when we want to ring it up. Maybe they forgot to keep that page? There should also be signs regarding the sale. our store has several small signs and one BIG sign for the sidewalk.

Too bad this isn't for new games. Some of my local GameCrazies have some hard-to-find GBA games (Fire Emblem, Shining Soul I & II, etc.) that they are still selling for full retail and I'd love to get in on a B2G1F for them.

[quote name='botticus']Well, you get the pleasure of the Kinsman Road GameCrazy. It's in the ghetto, somewhere off MLK near... Shaker, I think. I made the wonderful decision of driving from there to an EB in the ghetto... which took me through deeper ghetto. I hated Mapquest for telling me to turn left into what was basically a dark alley :p

There's another somewhere a bit further south... oh, Maple Heights, that's right - around 480 and Broadway. The nicer store is in Willoughby, which is quite a bit closer to me, though not a terrible drive from Case. All three actually had decent classic selection, but I've never really paid attention to their current gen selection.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, doesn't sound like it's worth risking my life though for a B2G1 sale. The 3 for 10 rumored sale on the other hand.... :lol:

Went today but couldn't find 3 games that I wanted for the deal. I was able to snag a new Shining Tears as well as a Gallop Racer 2004 in excellent condition, so I was happy.

[quote name='abhinav']Holy crap its on! I need to go there like now, damnit i wish i would have seen this 3 hours ago![/QUOTE]

Don't you go dying in this alleged snowstorm that we are experiencing.

[quote name='schuerm26']Shining Soul 1 and 2 should be $19.99 each.

Have them scan them. I got them for that price new.[/QUOTE]

I did have him scan them. While Shining Soul 1 came up $19.99, Fire Emblem and Shining Soul 2 were still $29.99.

On side note, is $19.99 for Legend of Zelda LttP new sealed, a good deal? Because I went to get Gunstar Super Heroes (after failed attempts at Target and CC) when right in front of my eyes, LttP $19.99, saw the shrinkwrap sparkle! So tempting...might even go grab it later tonight along with 2 used GBA. But the question is will I be able to find Advance Wars 1 and 2 both complete and preowned (HA! I would be god) because those are the only two GBA I can think of that I want right now.

[quote name='lurknomore']Don't you go dying in this alleged snowstorm that we are experiencing.[/QUOTE]

:cry: That's not the half of it. I have been extreely ill for the past few day. I just left the house today before the storm to go to CC while i had a temp of 101. Then i read this thread and i tried to go out and it was just too horrible, ah i am going insane i need to go to GC like now :cry:

Well I just got back from GC. I'm sorta pissed off right now. I tried to buy GrandTheft Auto: Double pack and Mercenaries for Xbox and get Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood for free. Each game was 22.49 MVP price. When he rang the games up, it was like $55 or something, when it should have been like $46. I told him I had an MVP card and then he said I know, but you can't use it. I said, "What do you mean I can't use it. I bought an MVP card, I expect to use it."

"Well you can't use it with other sales."

"Ok that's fine. I won't take the games. I don't have enough."

"Well even with the MVP it would have been like $45."

"I know. I have $45 dollars. I'm fine, thank you." and then I walked out.

It just seems so strange to buy this card, and then you can't even use it. I think I'm going to write to the company. It just doesn't seem right.

Got in on the deal.

Half Life 2-XBOX
Batman:Begins-XBOX
Trauma Center-NDS

All 3 for $44.

Also when I went to buy an MVP card I realized the kid at the register used to work for me. He gave me two free magazine subscriptions with my MVP card purchase,Gamepro and OXM.

Yeah I figured it out the morning of the sale and have really been cleaning up. I've bought definitely over $250 worth of game. It's a really sweet deal.

I was visiting a friend who lives about 45 minutes from me and actually found a GameCrazy with 3 titles I wanted so I took advantage of this sale:

Dark Cloud 2 $17.99
Contra: Shattered Soldier $11.69
D2 (Dreamcast) FREE (instead of $7.99)

I found it interesting that the PS2 game rang up at their MVP prices. The guy at the register didn't say anything (although he did claim my MVP membership was expired even though I'd only gotten it a month ago) so that was a nice perk.

In going to three GameCrazies today, I also came across *THREE* brand new Phoenix Wrights! I snagged one as I had seen none around in the past couple months (well there was a used one in a GameStop but it was missing the instructions). So, pretty happy I visited my friend today. :)

Cannot resist the deal:

- Star Wars Kotor II (15.99)
- Eye Toy (w/o camera) (12.99)
- Fallout: brotherhood of steel (Free)

- Taiko (17.99)
- Eyetoy: Antigrav (w/ camera) (17.99)

Thanks,
OP

[quote name='pimp tyranny']i know, i was wondering why you would buy a mediocre game along too great games.[/QUOTE]
I thought it was a fun game, probably the best game based on a movie I have played on this gen.

[quote name='DT778']I thought it was a fun game, probably the best game based on a movie I have played on this gen.[/QUOTE]

Have you played Chronicles of Riddick or Spiderman 2? I haven't tried Batman yet, but I plan to soon with the low price for it.

I forgot about Riddick, now that one was the best. But it was more like its own thing then based on a movie.
Spiderman 2: its ok
HulK UD: got old and isn't based on a movie.
King Kong: played the demo and didn't like it
Finding Nemo: terrible game.

[quote name='DT778']I forgot about Riddick, now that one was the best. But it was more like its own thing then based on a movie.
Spiderman 2: its ok
HulK UD: got old and isn't based on a movie.
King Kong: played the demo and didn't like it
Finding Nemo: terrible game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Riddick is the best,thus far. Hopefully Scarface, The Godfather, and Xmen 3 ( I think they are making a game based on the movie) are done well.

I really didn't enjoy The Hulk UD all too much. I was expecting to enjoy it with the praise it had recieved, but it was just meh to me. I plan to give Batman Begins and King Kong tries in the not too distant future.

SWEET!
Got
half-life 2
Mercenaries
and SC: chaos threoy
all for $21.77 after trading Americas army becase :) the register was messed up and it gave me like double credit I went back and he said "what the heck I'll let it fly"
how sweet is that?

[quote name='CorporalJackson']SWEET!
Got
half-life 2
Mercenaries
and SC: chaos threoy
all for $21.77 after trading Americas army becase :) the register was messed up and it gave me like double credit I went back and he said "what the heck I'll let it fly"
how sweet is that?[/QUOTE]

Sweet pick-ups! :applause:. I never played Mercenaries though. How is it? Chaos Theory is one of my favorite games and Half-life 2 is great, especially if you can't play the PC version.

[quote name='Yusuke-Urameshi-']You bought Guy Game? Stores still sell that? And WHY would you want that?[/QUOTE]

Because of (.)(.) ???

[quote name='unforeseen']Because of (.)(.) ???[/QUOTE]
Use the Internet...watch The Man Show...buy a Girls Gone Wild movie? All much cheaper and much better if you want (.)(.) and you don't have to answer some fucking trivia

Damn i still have to use this sale! I need some damn Gamecube games i have been meaning to buy like eternal darkness and crap like that. Crap i want KOTOR 2 too.

[quote name='BriGuy27']Sweet pick-ups! :applause:. I never played Mercenaries though. How is it? Chaos Theory is one of my favorite games and Half-life 2 is great, especially if you can't play the PC version.[/QUOTE]

Mercenaries is a must buy its great almost like a RPG shooter :bouncy:

[quote name='doodle777_98']plus the guy game is rare. come on people, have you seen my tardelist. It's one of the few titty games i'm missing.[/QUOTE]

sure (.)(.) :lol:

The Guy Game is an odd buy. From what I hear, the game itself is lackluster. It's sole appeal is breasts, which is not enough to get me in the door. Why anyone bought it (Other than as a gag gift) is beyond me. But as someone who finds playing a FPS similar to watching paint dry, I also don't understand the motivation to buy one of those either. I suppose it all boils down to taste. I am sure there are people out there who throughly enjoyed The Guy Game for whatever reason.

[quote name='doodle777_98']It's actually a real good party game. It's like mario party for adults.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it comes close to Mario Party. It is pretty boring IMHO. And the GGW videos are easily more entertaining.

picked up GG XX PS2, Stella Deus, and Phantom Brave LE for $27 before tax, and got Donkey Konga complete with drums for $22.50. also picked up a new eyetoy antigrav and eyetoy play for $18 and $20 respectively. the little jackass there made me return because he took 10% off the first three games instead of B2G1. i was in a rush for class so i didn't bother to check, but that punk gets on my fuking nerves. it's like he tries to screw me over.

My store was pretty cleaned out but i got:
Gundam JOUrney to jabro
Devil may cry
Dragon Ball Z boudaki 3
Panzer dragoon orta
Onimusha genima
eternal darkness
All for about $40 so i was very happy.

Has anyone noticed that alot of stores no longer have have cases for games?! KOTOR2, Mario Sunshine, Shenume 2 and a ton of other games DID Not have cases so i didnt pick them up. This is just annoying actualy. Eh i am happy with what i got, each game cost around $7.

And good news for me, they let me use my MVP card! It didnt seem like alot at first but it did add up (around $5) so i am happy! I guess they did it for me because i know everyone who works there realy well.

I headed out to a few GC's today looking for some used games for B2G1 free, but ended up with some very nice surprises from their previous big sale:

Gallop Racer 2004 $17.99 NEW
SMT: Nocturne $19.99 NEW
Shining Tears $19.99 NEW
Time Crisis 3 w/gun $19.99 NEW
Digital Devil Saga $19.99 NEW

Couldnt believe these hadnt been snatched up in the past few weeks when the sale originally started. I also picked up for used B2G1 free:
Super Smash Bros. Melee $16.99
RE 4 $14.99
Arc the Lad End of Darkness Free

Also found a brand new Mario Tennis GC at Compusa on sale for 29.99, and TRU had a price mistake on a gamecube controller/mem card/extension set from 29.99 to 1.94, which they let me take but quickly pulled the rest of the inventory to reprice. All in all, an awesome day!

bread's done
Back