Game Crazy Used Sale - Its on!

GizmoGC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (98%)
Hey all... reviously the used sale was to start May 21st, but it started today. We got 12 pages worth of used price reductions for games from EVERY system. Some games as low as $2.99 (NFL 2K2 PS2). Sorry I can't get alist, but check with your local GC.

Also, its for EVERYONE. Not just MVP members.

nope. no games for sale on GC's site. so you'd better get your butt off that chair and breath a little fresh air and say SUP! to ur homies at the GC

Cool. I'm going to check this out tomorrow.

One question though gizmogc. I have trade-in credit at the GC near my school. Can I still use that credit at another GC where I live, i.e. is it for all GC stores?

No, store credit can only be used at that one store. It is stored on there computer, not the other one. Yu can use your MVP discount at the other store, but not the store credit.

This is YMMV, since the sale officially starts the 21st, and I don't know why it would have started early at one particular store. Most of you will have to wait a couple days. As for Metal Gear Solid and Prince of Persia, you probably won't find these on the list of price drops. It looks like Game Crazy's trying to clear out some inventory, so it's mostly older stuff. I remember both those games being thirty-something pre-owned last time I checked.

[quote name='zewone']anyone picked up any games for this sale yet?[/quote]

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm about to just bite the bullet and head to the closest GC since it's only about 5 minutes away, but I just hate the blank stares they give when you ask about a deal they haven't heard about yet, plus I imagine none of the new prices are labled so I'd most likely have to have them scan every game I see thats decent.

Well, I was so fucking pissed after the King's game (Kevin Garnett has now jumped to #3 on my most hated NBA players list) that I decided to get out of the house and check GC, It looks like the sale IS starting, at least at the GC in Santa Cruz. An employee was busy putting 30% off stickers on a bunch of used games. Most of the games getting the stickers were crap though, so at least at my store there weren't any really good deals.

[quote name='jimbodan']Well, I was so shaq-fuing pissed after the King's game (Kevin Garnett has now jumped to #3 on my most hated NBA players list) that I decided to get out of the house and check GC, It looks like the sale IS starting, at least at the GC in Santa Cruz. An employee was busy putting 30% off stickers on a bunch of used games. Most of the games getting the stickers were crap though, so at least at my store there weren't any really good deals.[/quote]

Damn, don't even get me started on KG. At least Webb got that shot off... so frickin close to forcing OT.

Anyway, I'm going to check Hackensack, NJ GC tomorrow afternoon to see if they have it. I think I have like 6 bucks trade in credit at the other GC store. It's not worth driving an hour and a half to buy something just to return it. :(

EDIT: Just curious, who's the top 3 on your list Jim? Does it include Shaq, Horry or any Lakers?

[quote name='craven_fiend']I wish I had a Game Crazy close to me so I could try my luck. And whats with all the KG hating. What'd he do?[/quote]

Hit Anthony Peeler with an elbow that started a fight where only Peeler got suspended and he scored 13 straight points for minnesota in the 4th to eliminate Sac. fuck him!

[quote name='jimbodan']Hit Anthony Peeler with an elbow that started a fight where only Peeler got suspended and he scored 13 straight points for minnesota in the 4th to eliminate Sac. shaq-fu him![/quote]

Oh wait, I guess you missed when Peeler hit Garnett at the other side of the court. And then ran right for him. And that he hit Garnett in the face.

Dirty players for dirty teams get what they deserve.

[quote name='jimbodan']Well, I was so shaq-fuing pissed after the King's game (Kevin Garnett has now jumped to #3 on my most hated NBA players list) that I decided to get out of the house and check GC, It looks like the sale IS starting, at least at the GC in Santa Cruz. An employee was busy putting 30% off stickers on a bunch of used games. Most of the games getting the stickers were crap though, so at least at my store there weren't any really good deals.[/quote]

You know there's one in Capitola too right? It usually has better selection which is the reason I only get credit there (why can't they figure out how to transfer credit?). It's right next to both of the Gamestops.

[quote name='Mustang O-Line 75'][quote name='jimbodan']Hit Anthony Peeler with an elbow that started a fight where only Peeler got suspended and he scored 13 straight points for minnesota in the 4th to eliminate Sac. shaq-fu him![/quote]

Oh wait, I guess you missed when Peeler hit Garnett at the other side of the court. And then ran right for him. And that he hit Garnett in the face.

Dirty players for dirty teams get what they deserve.[/quote]

No I saw that, did YOU see Garnett's elbow? How come one player gets suspened 2 games and 1 doesn't? They both threw elbows. Oh I know, one is the league MVP and one isn't. Thats some B.S, typical for the NBA though, star players get special treatment.

[quote name='dhrez'][quote name='jimbodan']Well, I was so shaq-fuing pissed after the King's game (Kevin Garnett has now jumped to #3 on my most hated NBA players list) that I decided to get out of the house and check GC, It looks like the sale IS starting, at least at the GC in Santa Cruz. An employee was busy putting 30% off stickers on a bunch of used games. Most of the games getting the stickers were crap though, so at least at my store there weren't any really good deals.[/quote]

You know there's one in Capitola too right? It usually has better selection which is the reason I only get credit there (why can't they figure out how to transfer credit?). It's right next to both of the Gamestops.[/quote]

Yeah, I like the one in Capitola better too, but I live like 5 minutes from the Santa Cruz one and figured I'd check and see if they were starting the sale early. I'd imagine the Capitola one is probably starting it too. Let me know if you check it out and find anything.

jimbodan: I also see that you're looking for Disgaea. If you're willing to pay full price I've seen it at the Circuit City around here the last few times I've gone (haven't been in a week or two tho).

[quote name='dhrez']jimbodan: I also see that you're looking for Disgaea. If you're willing to pay full price I've seen it at the Circuit City around here the last few times I've gone (haven't been in a week or two tho).[/quote]

Hmmm thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I think I'm probably going to wait for the re-release and hope the price drops. I figure that at least the price can't get any worse.

[quote name='jimbodan']No I saw that, did YOU see Garnett's elbow? How come one player gets suspened 2 games and 1 doesn't? They both threw elbows. Oh I know, one is the league MVP and one isn't. Thats some B.S, typical for the NBA though, star players get special treatment.[/quote]

Of course I saw Garnett's elbow, it's just that you neglected to tell the whole story.
Garnett's elbow hit Peeler in the chest and it was in retalliation for the stuff that happened at the other end of the court. (and could also be seen as incidental if you were a T'wolves fan) Peeler came back at him and hit him in the face with his elbow. Do you see the difference? Of course not, you're a biased Kings fan.

And I wish there was a game crazy near me. I guess I will have to live with my 7.50 blockbuster games

[quote name='Mustang O-Line 75'][quote name='jimbodan']No I saw that, did YOU see Garnett's elbow? How come one player gets suspened 2 games and 1 doesn't? They both threw elbows. Oh I know, one is the league MVP and one isn't. Thats some B.S, typical for the NBA though, star players get special treatment.[/quote]

Of course I saw Garnett's elbow, it's just that you neglected to tell the whole story.
Garnett's elbow hit Peeler in the chest and it was in retalliation for the stuff that happened at the other end of the court. (and could also be seen as incidental if you were a T'wolves fan) Peeler came back at him and hit him in the face with his elbow. Do you see the difference? Of course not, you're a biased Kings fan.

And I wish there was a game crazy near me. I guess I will have to live with my 7.50 blockbuster games[/quote]

I had absolutely no need to tell the whole story, I was asked why I hated Garnett and gave my reason, Peeler hitting Garnett with an elbow wasn't the reason I hate KG, so that's why I didn't say it.

An elbow is an elbow, people get suspended for throwing elbows even they don't hit, KG's hit and he should have got a 1 game suspension. I'd say you're just as biased as I am, so don't try and take the high ground.

EDIT: by the way if you want to talk about dirty players I'd say the T-Wolves have one of the dirtiest in Sprewell... at least no one on the Kings has choked their coach.

Ok, I've had my fun. Peeler's not a bad guy, I think he used to be a laker. :) He was the shit in NBA Jam.

Re: EDIT: Yeah, I really do hate Sprewell. We can agree on that.

[quote name='Mustang O-Line 75']Ok, I've had my fun. Peeler's not a bad guy, I think he used to be a laker. :) He was the shit in NBA Jam.

Re: EDIT: Yeah, I really do hate Sprewell. We can agree on that.[/quote]

Fair enough. I heard that Peeler and KG are(maybe were now) very good friends. Makes the whole incident that much weirder.

[quote name='jimbodan']Fair enough. I heard that Peeler and KG are(maybe were now) very good friends. Makes the whole incident that much weirder.[/quote]

Yeah, that is weird...

The sale has already started and every GC is to have the price changes up by Friday. One thing I noticed is that some of the games are more than 30% off, for example, NFL Fever 2002 for XBOX went from 7.99 to 2.99, which is more than 30%. The list of games is huge! Not all are great, but some are worth the discount.

does anybody know if there is a VGA in my area? A Video Game Anonymous? I think I have a problem. I JUST CAN'T STOP! I LOVE VIDEO GAAAAAAAAAAAMES! AHHHHHHHHHHH! j/k, but really. I'm going to check out the GC's in my hood, about 3 or 4, later today in the afternoon after work.

Hey all. The prices have changed in the computers. HOWEVER, not all stores have managed to chance the prices yet (600+ dropped). I'll be doing the price changes tonight, so maybe I'll scan all the pages listing the sale of games. Can anyone host 5 images?

Can anyone tell me (i can't access their site) if there is one near me (Louisville or Lexington, KY).

If not, wanna buy me some games? :)

Wlogan31,

As far as I can tell, they don't have any stores in KY. There are a few up in the Cincinnati area. Here's the closest one I could find.

11550 Winton Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45240-2355

Thats a blower... I just bought 2 used games from GC RIGHT inbetween the buy 2 get one free sale, and the used game sale. I just have bad luck don't I.

[quote name='gizmogc']Hey all. The prices have changed in the computers. HOWEVER, not all stores have managed to chance the prices yet (600+ dropped). I'll be doing the price changes tonight, so maybe I'll scan all the pages listing the sale of games. Can anyone host 5 images?[/quote]

anybody? if i had the capability, i would :(

YAY, i live in MN and that game was awesome. i know that what KG did was wrong but what Peeler did was worse. KG would have been kicked from the next game if he would have retaliated back though :)

i am heading in tomarrow to maple grove to check out their GC.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='gizmogc']Hey all. The prices have changed in the computers. HOWEVER, not all stores have managed to chance the prices yet (600+ dropped). I'll be doing the price changes tonight, so maybe I'll scan all the pages listing the sale of games. Can anyone host 5 images?[/quote]

anybody? if i had the capability, i would :([/quote]

Just use Freecache!
http://www.archive.org/web/freecache.php

No I saw that, did YOU see Garnett's elbow? How come one player gets suspened 2 games and 1 doesn't? They both threw elbows. Oh I know, one is the league MVP and one isn't. Thats some B.S, typical for the NBA though, star players get special treatment.[/quote]

Obviously this topic is going way into left field, but FYI....a punch or elbow thrown above the shoulders in an automatic suspension. KG did not get special treatment. If he would have thrown a punch back, he would have gotten suspended. If Peeler doesn't throw the elbow high, he plays game 7. Besides, Peeler getting suspended was probably good for Sac. Peeler = 32% shooter in the playoffs. You're just bitter that your Kings couldn't make a free throw or a layup when it really counted and need someone else to blame besides your beloved Kings. The only one that showed up to play last night was Christie.

bread's done
Back