Game Informer 1 yr. sub - $5

imacjenn

CAGiversary!
Today only, Tanga.com offers a 1-Year Subscription to Game Informer Magazine for $14.98. Apply coupon code "3a5a" to slash it to $4.88.

http://www.tanga.com/deals/current/magazine

And no, it does not come with an EDGE card and, yes, I know there's no point to ordering it if you want an EDGE card or already have one. BUT if someone just wants the mag (and it really is decent compared to most gaming mags out there), it's a good deal.

I've gotten 2 subscriptions off Tanga with no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too would like to know if this will get you the edge card. My subscription is up next month and $5 is a great deal...unless there is no edge.

[quote name='awp']Will this include the Edge card? Or is that in-store only that u get that deal?[/QUOTE]

It looks like it's mag subscription only.

[quote name='emg28']It looks like it's mag subscription only.[/QUOTE]

Then boo to this! Who wants a Game Informer with no EDGE card. Ewww....

[quote name='Squarehard']Then boo to this! Who wants a Game Informer with no EDGE card. Ewww....[/QUOTE]

Eh, for 42 cents an issue, I'd give it a go even if it mostly sucks. If nothing else, it would probably be a place to see some screenshots of upcoming games (and yeah, I know I can get those online, but I'm too lazy to look them all up). I have no use for an EDGE card anyway, since I pretty much refuse to shop at Gamestop at this point.

One other question, though -- this isn't auto-renewing or anything like that, is it? I don't see anything on the site saying it is, but would rather be certain.

[quote name='Squarehard']Then boo to this! Who wants a Game Informer with no EDGE card. Ewww....[/QUOTE]
As said in another thread, anyone who poops.

[quote name='chakan']As said in another thread, anyone who poops.[/QUOTE]

That's some damn expensive toilet paper.

And, yet, still overpriced... Honestly, GI, like most of the "game" magazines, should pay you to take them, being as they're just 100 page biased ads anyway. I subscribe to Play. Yeah, it's not great, and they SERIOUSLY need a better editor, but at least they're not COMPLETELY full of shit (see GI...).

[quote name='mietha']And, yet, still overpriced... Honestly, GI, like most of the "game" magazines, should pay you to take them, being as they're just 100 page biased ads anyway. I subscribe to Play. Yeah, it's not great, and they SERIOUSLY need a better editor, but at least they're not COMPLETELY full of shit (see GI...).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Play is the only mag I subscribe to and even though he's not EIC anymore, Dave Halverson still "contributes" a lot of content to each issue. I wince every time I see his name in the byline. Their current EIC is doing a fair job, but I'd be a happier subscriber if they would focus more on delivering content that isn't readily available on Kotaku or Joystiq. And, no, fifteen pages of "Top Ten" lists every month doesn't cut it.

You guys can't seriously be complaining. It's less than $0.41 a month. You can't seriously be that cheap. If all else fails, it's free protection for packages ;).

I got one :).

Tanga is a legit site. It's like woot but mostly they sell boardgames. I've ordered 3 things with no prob. Their standard shipping is slow but this is a magazine subscription. so who knows.

for whatever reason I've signed up for this site in the past (for a contest I believe) and I had $2 of Tanga cash. Comes to $2.88 for me, i.e. 24 cents an issue i.e. about half a stamp each. Thanks OP great deal.

My subscription runs out next month, but I want the EDGE card so I'll have to pass on this. Good deal for a magazine subscription nonetheless.

Order it. I miss reading videogame magazine since the internet is so fast on news, but from time to time, I don't have access to the web and miss having a real magazine in hand, and for 4.88, can't get much cheaper than that.

Thanks op.

[quote name='arcane93']Never heard of Tanga -- can anyone confirm they're legit?[/QUOTE]

I have ordered a couple of boardgames from them and one mag sub without a hitch. They are legit deal of the day site (like woot.)

[quote name='japanarchy']The only time I read Game Informer is on the toilet. The only thing I read on the toilet is Game Informer.[/QUOTE]

LOL... That is where my library is as well ! Except I read OXM, OPM, Play AND Game Informer on the toilet.

That said, I actually like reading Game Informer and looking at all the pretty pictures BUT no EDGE card with this deal kills it for me. I will just renew the mag when my EDGE card expires or needs renewing. EDGE card savings on both used purchases and used trade-ins @ GS gets me this mag for free anyways...;)

Yeah, sounds like a good deal, but with the used games I buy, I need the Edge card. So I'll have to pass on this deal, not because it's bad...just kinda pointless in my case. :twisted:

I remember seeing some issue where GI was talking about all these OVERRATED games. They mentioned pretty much every single highly regarded title from the SNES, FF3, Secret of Mana, Earthbound, etc. I stopped reading that magazine at that point.

[quote name='spoo']I have ordered a couple of boardgames from them and one mag sub without a hitch. They are legit deal of the day site (like woot.)[/QUOTE]

how long until they typically send the first issue?

Thanks OP. I could care less about the Edge card, but I enjoy GI magazine and needed to renew my subscription. Can't beat a full year for $5!

[quote name='DesertLeo']what would you be caught dead with?[/QUOTE]

A gun, some rope, a whip .... and some McDonald's.

[quote name='United_Korea']GI gets the first scoop on many games. Currently the best gaming mag available IEF.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it's a tough crowd in here. EGM for the last few years had as much content as your typical game manual -- it was pretty sad. GI at least has some actual stories in addition to the pretty pictures, and more details than you'd typically find online when they do one of those cover stories. Well worth $5 -- in fact it rang up as $3.88 for me for some reason.

[quote name='Naramie']I remember seeing some issue where GI was talking about all these OVERRATED games. They mentioned pretty much every single highly regarded title from the SNES, FF3, Secret of Mana, Earthbound, etc. I stopped reading that magazine at that point.[/QUOTE]

Did you notice that it was the April issue and labeled "Game Infarcer"?

Why are you guys hating on Game Informer? It's not Next Generation, but it's pretty good. Good reviews (that are often critical while web reviews fawn), some good articles you can't get other places, and the physical format of it's great-oversized and with some huge pictures.

I definitely like it-probably the best game magazine left :whistle2:/

And it's not "months out of date". It's usually pretty topical, and often has exclusives that haven't hit anywhere else (and even if it was always out of date, I still want to see what they say).

Thanks OP. I have refused to set foot inside a Gamestop for over three years now, but would not mind some extra restroom reading material. I'm in.

Good deal Op! It's actually a pretty good mag IMO. I wonder if you can send gift subcriptions? Sure the homies in the clink will enjoy it, shit for $5 I'd send a few subscriptions their way.

I like Game Informer. They always have good exclusives and I've been reading them and their writers for years (since 2002)

bread's done
Back