Game Markdowns at HMV

Bamm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I noticed a bunch of markdowns at HMV while there last night. Nothing earth-shattering, but there were a bunch of titles people may have been waiting to drop in price before picking up.

I snagged Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 for 14.99 (down from around 45-50 I believe)
I also saw:
Mini Ninjas PS3 (14.99)
Sonic Unleashed PS3 (9.99)
Armored Core: For Answer PS3 (9.99)
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection 360 (9.99)

Those are the only titles I can really remember, but there were quite a few more on other systems as well. YMMV of course, and selection will likely vary by store.

[quote name='JGonspy']Probably a little too far, unless I get the urge to run across a few provinces.

I actually remember seeing a European copy of Phantom Hourglass at EB Games one time myself. I wonder how these games are getting on our shelves.[/QUOTE]

Trade ins since DS games are region free maybe? I wondered the same when I saw a japanese SUper Princess Peach at a local EB years ago

[quote name='Bamm']There are still a few copies around here. I'd probably be willing to pick one up for someone if they wanted to cover the cost of the game and shipping.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the offer, but i figure after shipping costs it wont be such a great deal. it's gotta be at least $10 to ship it i'm guessing.

[quote name='glowhax']thanks for the offer, but i figure after shipping costs it wont be such a great deal. it's gotta be at least $10 to ship it i'm guessing.[/QUOTE]

Probably more around the $4-5 range. Either way, it's a great game.

[quote name='JGonspy']Probably a little too far, unless I get the urge to run across a few provinces.

I actually remember seeing a European copy of Phantom Hourglass at EB Games one time myself. I wonder how these games are getting on our shelves.[/QUOTE]

Most consoles being region-free and Quebec needing games in French could explain it. I keep seeing European versions of games here, just because they have French instruction booklets and sometimes French voice-overs.

[quote name='zoro69']you can mail a game anywhere in canada for $2+tax[/QUOTE]

Plus cost of packaging, and such.

Dunno if you really want though.

R-Type Command is an SRPG that not a lot of people actually liked,
and there's a better version of Metal Slug 7 out in the form of Metal Slug XX for PSP (and eventually XBLA).

I got Harvey Birdman (PS2 version) for $5, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers for $20.
And they had Metroid Prime 3 for $30

[quote name='poiuiu']Dunno if you really want though.

R-Type Command is an SRPG that not a lot of people actually liked,
and there's a better version of Metal Slug 7 out in the form of Metal Slug XX for PSP (and eventually XBLA).[/QUOTE]

I didnt know Metal Slug XX encompassed MS7, thanks!

And not only that but I did a quick check and MS XX has been released and for a couple of months now (since May). Why wasn't there any fanfare? :dazedconfused

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']We got a Wii recently and I'd LOVE to get Ju-On for $10, but with a 40% ranking, I'll pass. :bomb:
Any CAGs that happen to have it and feel differently?[/QUOTE]

I played the game for 20min and was annoyed at how slow you move and how stiff the controls were. They should have put the game on rails or something. Plus its so dark, you're always bumping into things and getting stuck.

Also, unless you're sitting in the dark with surround sound turned up really LOUD, this game is not scary.

bread's done
Back