Game of Thrones discussion thread - Season 5 debuts April 12th

[quote name='Jodou']I really miss the old Tyrion, before all this bullshit about women started. He used to be a scheming little bastard, but now he's all pussy-whipped and every scene of his is about the marriage. Hopefully we can get these damn weddings over with and back to his connivery.[/QUOTE]
Just wait man. Tyrion is going to be involved in some real shit eventually. Though that may be next season.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Book spoilers forthcoming

Ros is a character completely made up for the show. The whore that takes the fall for Tyrion's Shae is actually black in the book,a nd we never see her again after the mentioned exchange. Otherwise, no Ros, and we never get any evidence of Joffrey killing or torturing anyone. Just him being an insufferable little shit from Sansa's point of view.
[/QUOTE]

I only managed to get part way book four, but IIRC
in Storm of Swords I'm fairly certain it mentions that she was freed after being punished by Twyin and later Tyrion pays her off. Then I think you never hear about her again.

As someone said though her character on he show was supposed to be sort of the commoner's view is this land of Royalty and intrigue then she's just basically offed with no real point. I mean there's obviously been characters that are suddenly killed, but at least some fanfare was involved. Seems a little lazy on the part of the writing team to kill off a character that's been around for 2+ seasons that way. But she was a minor player and maybe it wasn't working as intended though. And I suppose at least it wasn't an off screen death or something like that. I've always hated those in TV shows, such laziness...

Do you know how unpleasant it feel to be fucked by a wooden cock.

Sam said YOLO and left his dagger behind its all cool

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GUNNM']Do you know how unpleasant it feel to be fucked by a wooden cock.

Sam said YOLO and left his dagger behind its all cool[/QUOTE]

He was doing too well. They had to make him fuck up again.

Tyrion drunk face is top tier.

Small reminder. No new episode this coming weekend since it's Memorial Day weekend and viewership is usually down. It comes back the next week with the finale the following week.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Small reminder. No new episode this coming weekend since it's Memorial Day weekend and viewership is usually down. It comes back the next week with the finale the following week.[/QUOTE]

:( ughhh

I'd forgotten just how gorgeous the women on this show are. MORE PLEASE!

Also, I like drunk Tyrion better than his sober state. Can we keep him drunk for the next two episodes?

[quote name='blueweltall']Did Sam really left that behind?[/QUOTE]Bigger question is where the large cache of them that they found last season at the Fist Of The First Men is at.

Sam kept one for himself, obviously, though there were quite a few more from what they dug up.

And regardless if he left it behind or not, very very cool scene to end with.

I don't like what's happening to Gendry. Just leave him alone, gosh.

I totally dig Dany's new party member though.

[quote name='Jodou']I'd forgotten just how gorgeous the women on this show are. MORE PLEASE![/QUOTE]

They didn't even show the two most attractive women on the show this episode...

[quote name='Anexanhume']Small reminder. No new episode this coming weekend since it's Memorial Day weekend and viewership is usually down. It comes back the next week with the finale the following week.[/QUOTE]

I'm ok with this, stretches it out another week

[quote name='Indignate']I totally dig Dany's new party member though.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. He reminds me of Arya's faceless buddy. Anyone vibing like that is fine by me.

that Gendry scene confused me. looked like Stannis/Davos came in to save the guy's life, and lisandra seemed pissed about it. But all she needed was a bit of blood? Seemed anti-climatic.

[quote name='panzerfaust']that Gendry scene confused me. looked like Stannis/Davos came in to save the guy's life, and lisandra seemed pissed about it. But all she needed was a bit of blood? Seemed anti-climatic.[/QUOTE]

That's what Gendry said!

[quote name='blueweltall']Did Sam really left that behind?[/QUOTE]

I thought that was just me. I yelled at my TV. ''Go pick that up!!!''

[quote name='Mako1215']I thought that was just me. I yelled at my TV. ''Go pick that up!!!''[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I was like wtf, you really are a simpleminded guy.

[quote name='GUNNM']yeah but I'm not doing anything sunday... now I have nothing do...[/QUOTE]
watch
250px-Arrested_Development.svg.png
;)

[quote name='Jodou']At least I had Borgias last night. I need my GoT fix![/QUOTE]

Especially with only a few episodes left, I really wish they would do at least 12 per season. I hope the HBO curse doesn't ruin this show, I've been left disappointed plenty of times with them!

[quote name='shrike4242']Bigger question is where the large cache of them that they found last season at the Fist Of The First Men is at.

Sam kept one for himself, obviously, though there were quite a few more from what they dug up.

And regardless if he left it behind or not, very very cool scene to end with.[/QUOTE]
In the books I believe he
either left them behind when they were attacked and he took off running, or he hid them. He kept just a few of them.

[quote name='Clak']In the books I believe he
either left them behind when they were attacked and he took off running, or he hid them. He kept just a few of them.
[/QUOTE]That would make sense of where they went, though it would be nice to figure out where they're at now.

I actually think he
kept one, and gave one to Jon eventually when they're reunited. He tells Jon about them and I think says he hid a cache of them. They haven't gotten them anyway.

So I just read the chapter that introduces daario naharis...
and he isn't at all like he is described. I thought this was more to his likeness. I do like the actor and character in the TV series, but in the book he is just so "different," I think that's part of his appeal to Dani, and that makes me kinda wish they were more faithful to the book with this character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Daario was kind of a disappointment. He isn't at all like he's described in the books. From the book's description he almost sounds like a Gypsy, or at least the stereotypical looking gypsy most people are familiar with. Seems to me that they thought some buff blonde haired dude might make for hotter scenes with Dany.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Maybe they were worried that he will look too much like Capt. Jack Sparrow with blue hair.[/QUOTE]

I kinda pictured him as someone out of 300. The overly exaggerated style that the Persian characters had.

[quote name='Clak']Yeah Daario was kind of a disappointment. He isn't at all like he's described in the books. From the book's description he almost sounds like a Gypsy, or at least the stereotypical looking gypsy most people are familiar with. Seems to me that they thought some buff blonde haired dude might make for hotter scenes with Dany.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Clak']I kinda pictured him as someone out of 300. The overly exaggerated style that the Persian characters had.[/QUOTE]

I feel like if they went with these descriptions, they would have gotten some criticisms for something or another.

One of the prevailing opinions is that the book description is so outlandish that it would be hard for viewers to buy Daario as a sexual interest for Dany.

People are often attracted to people who are foreign looking. Something mysterious I guess. Plus, despite his appearance he was a legit badass. But of all the things they've done, if they got criticized for Daario's appearance, I'd just laugh.

[quote name='blueweltall']Need to start reading the books! Holy smokes!!![/QUOTE]

I'm going to read the books if the episodes have covered it.

I read the books before the movies with Harry Potter, and threw a hissy fit at everything they left out.

[quote name='skiizim']I wasn't expecting all that, I expected they would do something to Rob's wife but all that, :shock: dayum![/QUOTE]

They shanked that bitch like she was a prison rat.

[quote name='Anexanhume']As someone who read it twice, that was still hard to watch.

Next weekend is the finale.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It was a *little* corny in the last ~90 seconds or so, IMO. The gore took away from the severity of the scene (oddly enough).

Did I miscount the episodes, or are there only 9 this season?

[quote name='Anexanhume']As someone who read it twice, that was still hard to watch.

Next weekend is the finale.[/QUOTE]

In terms of the events themselves or that the adaption didn't coincide with what you had in mind/had hoped it would be?

bread's done
Back