Game of Thrones discussion thread - Season 5 debuts April 12th

Oh I've read all the books, I just don't care about her character, thats just my opinion is not meant as a critique of the storyline especially.

Arya on the other hand is great in the books and show, I think she only has one chapter in A Dance with Dragons and it's one of the best.
yea cant wait for her to get over to the house of black and white in the show. hopefully they dont screw up her storyline too much, some of the best parts in the books are about her

yea cant wait for her to get over to the house of black and white in the show. hopefully they dont screw up her storyline too much, some of the best parts in the books are about her
I'm having a hard time imagining how they're going to be able to fit all that in.

there's a funny alternate ending to oberyn's demise but I'm too lazy to post it but its funny it got over 2 million views in a day

you're welcome

davos.png

There's a video talking with Brienne talking about something in a battle she hasn't done yet I hope she doesn't do it to a character that I love in the next episode. :(

so like red heads are dying left and right

sansa plz

Last edited by a moderator:
That kid and his smug ass face. I want to punch him for that reason alone. I don't even kill that he killed Ygritte cuz she killed Pyp. It's just his face and the way he was standing and that nod OMG someone push him off the staircase.

That kid and his smug ass face. I want to punch him for that reason alone. I don't even kill that he killed Ygritte cuz she killed Pyp. It's just his face and the way he was standing and that nod OMG someone push him off the staircase.
Well don't forget that kid's father was killed by a arrow face shot courteous of Ygritte, so karma?

Well don't forget that kid's father was killed by a arrow face shot courteous of Ygritte, so karma?
I thought maybe when it happened she was going to drop and Samwell would be there with his crossbow, but the little kid is almost as good after what happened to him. When his family was killed wasn't he talking about how he was good with a bow and could go hunting rabbit or something.

I demand more Hound. Watching him is usually the best part of each episode for me.

The show definitely knows how to keep people waiting for what they want to see. I had plenty of Bran until they finally got to Tyrion.

Do you know how much that must hurt to be shot with a crossbow? fucking wood splintering bone breaking force at such close range.

Yeah I'm gonna miss the hound but I love brienne equally as well.

Its like one of your kids murdering the other you still love it

Probably the weakest season finale to date.  Honestly I'm tired of Dany and she continues to do fuck all every season.  I wish she'd just die already but that's obviously not going to happen.  The hound and arya stole the show this season for me and seeing that come to an end makes me once again sad for next season.  And what was the point of killing off
Tywin
other than daddy issues?  Seemed like an incredibly weak, punk death for someone far more interesting than say, Sam.  They didn't exactly build a strong case for you to hate him like they did Joffrey.

Thank god they did kill Shay though.  Dumb bitch was annoying lol.

To people who read the books.... Where are we now in the books? Like if I wanted to pick up kinda where this season is leaving off.... Thanks

Probably the weakest season finale to date. Honestly I'm tired of Dany and she continues to do fuck all every season. I wish she'd just die already but that's obviously not going to happen. The hound and arya stole the show this season for me and seeing that come to an end makes me once again sad for next season. And what was the point of killing off
Tywin
other than daddy issues? Seemed like an incredibly weak, punk death for someone far more interesting than say, Sam. They didn't exactly build a strong case for you to hate him like they did Joffrey.

Thank god they did kill Shay though. Dumb bitch was annoying lol.
jojendead6zkgy.gif

I'm am very tired of Dany in general - books and show. She is kind of a bitch, and they have dragged out her eventual return since the very beginning of the show/book. When it finally happens watch GRRM just fuck with us all by having it be the most anti-climatic and unimportant part of the whole series.

"When are they gonna get to the fireworks factory?"

july4-fireworks.jpg

Poor Hound - if only he wasn't sick with a nasty infection he could've taken Brienne.

I did want to see the Mountain writhing in agony, but I guess comatose will have to do.

Also - I really wanted to see some more creepy Peter B smiles. When he does that smile and folds his hands he kind of looks like a pedophile.

^ I didn't even know the guy's name, he's been so insignificant lol.  TBH it has been super hard to follow Bran's story because I don't even know what they're after anymore.  Ravens, a talking tree, worgs, some old wizard dude; blah blah, whatever.

I feel like the more interesting characters keep dying and the stupid ones keep living, making it hard for me to stay invested in the show.  Pretty soon anything I find of interest will just be nestled between long slogs of Days of our Dragons and That's So Ravens.  Ugh.

To people who read the books.... Where are we now in the books? Like if I wanted to pick up kinda where this season is leaving off.... Thanks
We're pretty much done with the third book and a few elements from books 4 & 5 have been pulled into the show.

There's also some other items that happened differently from the books to the show, such as:

1) Brienne / Hound fight as shown on the show where she runs into Anya, doesn't happen.

2) The visit to the Eyre with the Hound + Anya doesn't happen, though they were making their way there in some fashion.

3) The battle at the Wall happens much more differently, and the visit with the wildlings south of the wall to Castle Black happens in advance of the wildlings hitting the wall from the north.

That's just a few that come to mind off-hand.

There's also some other items that happened differently from the books to the show, such as:

1) Brienne / Hound fight as shown on the show where she runs into Anya, doesn't happen.
Fiancee mentioned that. We both put this squarely in the improvement column. Loved it.

Stannis has some fast fucking boats.

Fiancee mentioned that. We both put this squarely in the improvement column. Loved it.

Stannis has some fast fucking boats.
It was a great fight between Brienne and the Hound in the show, though the fight that she gets into with the Hound in the books is quite different. Though, from how they did some items earlier this season, I don't think they'll end up doing it in the show.

For the fast fucking boats from Stannis, in the books, the rep from the Iron Bank visits Stannis at the Wall, versus Stannis and Davos going to Braavos to go to the Iron Bank, so there's less travel time for his knights to make it to the other side of the Wall and attack the wildlings. They're also in the middle of attacking the Wall when Stannis' forces show up to defeat them, not camped out.

One thing I wasn't sure about is if Alliser Thorne was alive or dead. They said he was down in the big battle at the Wall, though as I didn't see him at the funeral service, I'm assuming he's dead. If he's not alive, then some stuff coming up certainly changes, though they've changed a number of items at Castle Black from when Jon makes it back there at the end of S3 going into S4, so it may not matter.

We're pretty much done with the third book and a few elements from books 4 & 5 have been pulled into the show.

2) The visit to the Eyre with the Hound + Anya doesn't happen, though they were making their way there in some fashion.

3) The battle at the Wall happens much more differently, and the visit with the wildlings south of the wall to Castle Black happens in advance of the wildlings hitting the wall from the north.

That's just a few that come to mind off-hand.
Thanks I have been wanting to read the books for awhile but never got around to it. I am kicking around jumping in finally just to find out what happens. Someone at my work is dieing to spoil it for us all, think he would literally die if he did though. lol everyone watches it.

Thanks I have been wanting to read the books for awhile but never got around to it. I am kicking around jumping in finally just to find out what happens. Someone at my work is dieing to spoil it for us all, think he would literally die if he did though. lol everyone watches it.
If you read books 1-3, it'll be everything up to date on the show. There will be some characters in the books that aren't in the show, plus some other ones in the show that are new characters (Roz, the red-haired whore), while others are expanded (Bronn has much more on-screen time than in the books) or other are composites/changes to book characters (Locke). There is some stuff you'll run across that was on the show that isn't in books 1-3, though is in either 4 or 5.

Probably the weakest season finale to date. Honestly I'm tired of Dany and she continues to do fuck all every season. I wish she'd just die already but that's obviously not going to happen. The hound and arya stole the show this season for me and seeing that come to an end makes me once again sad for next season. And what was the point of killing off
Tywin
other than daddy issues? Seemed like an incredibly weak, punk death for someone far more interesting than say, Sam. They didn't exactly build a strong case for you to hate him like they did Joffrey.

Thank god they did kill Shay though. Dumb bitch was annoying lol.
That development is more important to Tyrion and Cersei's stories going forward.

I think being frustrated with Dany is also the point. She doesn't understand the complications of her power and is still immature in some regards.

That development is more important to Tyrion and Cersei's stories going forward.

I think being frustrated with Dany is also the point. She doesn't understand the complications of her power and is still immature in some regards.
Twyin's death also is important to Jaime's development as well as for Cersei and Tyrion, which will play out going forward into upcoming seasons. Though, from a rumor I heard about S5 and where Jaime might end up, it'll be a big WTF moment for book readers.

Dany is trying to remold Meereen into her "world" without slavery, though she's finding out that there isn't much black and white areas she can work with. It's a lot of grey and she's starting to come to terms with it. She also has a huge responsibility with the three dragons, since they're starting to get well beyond her ability to control and aren't the cute little pet dragons they used to be, especially Drogon.

As soon as people realize this show pretty much only follows the show in name they'll stop complaining.

Walking dead is so different in the comic but people seem to enjoy it and not complain as much as GoT readers

Walking dead is so different in the comic but people seem to enjoy it and not complain as much as GoT readers
I don't know about that. The hate in the thread for the Walking Dead each week was pretty funny. I personally really like the show (as a comic reader too), but there was a ton of hating going on over there.

I don't know about that. The hate in the thread for the Walking Dead each week was pretty funny. I personally really like the show (as a comic reader too), but there was a ton of hating going on over there.
Oh I guess I don't read that thread then. I like both comic and show both have their strong points people just need to accept not everything on page can be or will be translated to on screen

I think it's hate is more just people not liking various things on the show than people bitching about it differing from the comic though. Lots of CAGs seem to hate the show and keep watching just to bitch in that thread. It's almost as bad as the Heroes' thread was back in the day.

I think it's hate is more just people not liking various things on the show than people bitching about it differing from the comic though. Lots of CAGs seem to hate the show and keep watching just to bitch in that thread. It's almost as bad as the Heroes' thread was back in the day.
Pretty much. People in the thread were just watching it each week to say how horrible it was, but there was a good amount of the comic is way better sprinkled inbetween.

I think you guys just fail to grasp that we hate certain characters because they're not interesting.  We keep watching the show each week for the ones we do like.

Arya is basically Carl if Carl was well written and wasn't annoying and full of angst. In short Game of Thrones will always be waaaaaaaaaaay better than Walking Dead just for that alone.

bread's done
Back