Game of Thrones Season 2 Best Buy Exclusives Up for Pre-Order

[quote name='kayne2000']so i went to target and bought it however none had the exclusive target sticker on them....should i be worried? are all target copies the same target sticker or not?[/QUOTE]

The exclusive Target disc is in a slim blu case attached to the regular package under the shrinkwrap. It's pretty noticeable, so it doesn't sound like you have it.

Could someone give me their personal recommendation on this show?

I'm looking to buy the UV codes for each season, but I don't want to pay $20ish if I won't like the show.

My fav shows are : Justified, SOA, walking dead, and Dexter...so you can kind of see my interests. For some reason, this show looks very LOTRish/Skyrimish to me lol

[quote name='jcp42877']Could someone give me their personal recommendation on this show?

I'm looking to buy the UV codes for each season, but I don't want to pay $20ish if I won't like the show.

My fav shows are : Justified, SOA, walking dead, and Dexter...so you can kind of see my interests. For some reason, this show looks very LOTRish/Skyrimish to me lol[/QUOTE]

depends how much you like a medieval style shows or shows with any sort of fantasy element with myths and what not.

EDIT: that said i never cared for LOTR myself but i love this show although i do like the era this show is set in and i do like myths i just didnt like LOTR.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']The exclusive Target disc is in a slim blu case attached to the regular package under the shrinkwrap. It's pretty noticeable, so it doesn't sound like you have it.[/QUOTE]

bummer thanks. cant believe those sold out so fast in utah of all places i surely thought i wouldnt need to get there at 10 AM when the stores open lol. oh well i guess ill merely youtube that.

Last edited by a moderator:
can the UV code and iTunes code used separately? or you choose one and you are stuck with it? I haven't gotten my set yet and my last BR that had digital was on a disc to transfer using iTunes.

[quote name='kayne2000']so i went to target and bought it however none had the exclusive target sticker on them....should i be worried? are all target copies the same target sticker or not?[/QUOTE]

They might be buried behind the regular versions or in the back if they have extra stock. My target only got six or so and the rest were regular. They are not all target exclusives. But if you don't find it to make you feel better it comes in a shitty thin blu ray case and the running time on the back is only 25 minutes for the bonus disc.

[quote name='Carlanga']can the UV code and iTunes code used separately? or you choose one and you are stuck with it? I haven't gotten my set yet and my last BR that had digital was on a disc to transfer using iTunes.[/QUOTE]

no idea havent opened it yet. the back of the box says works on Mac,PC,ipad,iphone and more

[quote name='AshesofWake']They might be buried behind the regular versions or in the back if they have extra stock. My target only got six or so and the rest were regular. They are not all target exclusives. But if you don't find it to make you feel better it comes in a shitty thin blu ray case and the running time on the back is only 25 minutes for the bonus disc.[/QUOTE]

i looked i didnt see it. there was two rows for Br and two for dvds one of the blu ray rows was picked clean so im guessing all the target ones were there.

[quote name='jcp42877']Could someone give me their personal recommendation on this show?

My fav shows are : Justified, SOA, walking dead, and Dexter...so you can kind of see my interests. For some reason, this show looks very LOTRish/Skyrimish to me lol[/QUOTE]
I'd put it on the level of Justified and above SOA, Walking Dead and Dexter. By the way, I like all those shows, too, and I'd be surprised if you like them all and don't like Game of Thrones. Start watching season one and you'll be hooked and reading all the books before you know it.

If anyone cares, the Target exclusive disc kind of sucks. I'm definitely disappointed in it, but others might like it. The GRRM interview feels like one of those dumb HBO "special" previews they do for a movie where the stars say the most obvious things talking over clips from the movie. If I had it to do over again I would have just used Amazon credit.

Was able to PM Target's price at Best Buy and get the Greyjoy cover without any problems. Been looking forward to finally watching season 2 for awhile!

Came home to my Lannister copy at the door tonight. Man that cover does look nice, if I can get BB to PM Target, Amazon, or (hopefully, though its a long shot) Fry's I may just keep it. Itd be a difference of $20 Amazon credit which I'm sure I could use on something else in a few weeks anyway, I get some RZ points, and I get the nice cover art.

Or maybe I'll just road trip to a BB this weekend and do a return rebuy in store...just got a $5 RZ cert I could use...

The magic stuff is not obvious for the most part like in LotR. More like a medieval Sopranos. Lots of fighting and backstabbing.

[quote name='Carlanga']can the UV code and iTunes code used separately? or you choose one and you are stuck with it? I haven't gotten my set yet and my last BR that had digital was on a disc to transfer using iTunes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it redeems on iTunes and UV both. You get your choice of iTunes, Amazon, or Vudu plus UltraViolet through Flixster. I've heard that if you redeem directly on each service (i.e. Vudu's Game of Thrones Season 2 page rather than the HBO Select page they tell you to go to) you can get a copy on each. I redeemed mine through Vudu and am selling the UV portion. I assume the UV will add to Vudu and whatever other services people have linked to their UV accounts as well, as most UV codes now do. I'd be interested to find out if my code redeems on iTunes as well, as I redeemed my Vudu copy through HBO Select.

[quote name='rockstarnati']Yeah, it redeems on iTunes and UV both. You get your choice of iTunes, Amazon, or Vudu plus UltraViolet through Flixster. I've heard that if you redeem directly on each service (i.e. Vudu's Game of Thrones Season 2 page rather than the HBO Select page they tell you to go to) you can get a copy on each. I redeemed mine through Vudu and am selling the UV portion. I assume the UV will add to Vudu and whatever other services people have linked to their UV accounts as well, as most UV codes now do. I'd be interested to find out if my code redeems on iTunes as well, as I redeemed my Vudu copy through HBO Select.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks! Interesting stuff! Where did you heard about the redeeming directly so I can follow that too?

[quote name='Carlanga']Cool, thanks! Interesting stuff! Where did you heard about the redeeming directly so I can follow that too?[/QUOTE]

Random posts on blu-ray.com. lol. One person said they got iTunes, Vudu, and Flixster to work this way, but not Amazon. Someone else said they got them all to work. IDK.

[quote name='simmias']If anyone cares, the Target exclusive disc kind of sucks. I'm definitely disappointed in it, but others might like it. The GRRM interview feels like one of those dumb HBO "special" previews they do for a movie where the stars say the most obvious things talking over clips from the movie. If I had it to do over again I would have just used Amazon credit.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear that I'm not missing out, but sucks for the people that went that route solely for that.

So I redeemed my Code on Amazon Instant Video through the HBO Select and it gave me $38.99 in credit toward their Instant Video Service (Cost of an HD Season). Just a heads up for people who want to go that route.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']So I redeemed my Code on Amazon Instant Video through the HBO Select and it gave me $38.99 in credit toward their Instant Video Service (Cost of an HD Season). Just a heads up for people who want to go that route.[/QUOTE]

It did something similar for me for True Blood HBO Select seasons before. But I couldn't actually use the credit on anything but True Blood. After redeeming all 4 seasons, it even left me with $9. But I couldn't use it.

On another note, I redeemed Game of Thrones Season 1 and got Vudu and iTunes to work directly through each service. Amazon and Flixster, however, did not work. Not sure if this is the same case with Season 2 or not.

[quote name='rockstarnati']It did something similar for me for True Blood HBO Select seasons before. But I couldn't actually use the credit on anything but True Blood. After redeeming all 4 seasons, it even left me with $9. But I couldn't use it.

On another note, I redeemed Game of Thrones Season 1 and got Vudu and iTunes to work directly through each service. Amazon and Flixster, however, did not work. Not sure if this is the same case with Season 2 or not.[/QUOTE]

Ahh ok, figured it was too good to be true, but thanks for letting me know before I tried to buy something with it.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']So I redeemed my Code on Amazon Instant Video through the HBO Select and it gave me $38.99 in credit toward their Instant Video Service (Cost of an HD Season). Just a heads up for people who want to go that route.[/QUOTE]

Do you have to buy the show through amazon to do this?

Just got mine delivered from Best Buy.
No code in the dvd portion.
The Blu-Ray portion has the slip but where the code is supposed to be its just a blank white area no code printed
frown.gif

Im not sure who even to contact. Best Buy? HBO?

Just price-matched my Lannister copy for $24.99 on the Frys price! Gonna keep this one now, I'm sure Amazon will have something else soon for me to use the $20 in credit I have there.

[quote name='Coyotezeye']Just got mine delivered from Best Buy.
The Blu-Ray portion has the slip but where the code is supposed to be its just a blank white area no code printed
frown.gif

Im not sure who even to contact. Best Buy? HBO?[/QUOTE]

I did not get a slip of paper with a code either. I haven't tried to put any of the discs in but I know for Hunger Games (or was it Hugo), you had to put the disc in a computer to redeem the digital copy first.

[quote name='rockstarnati']Random posts on blu-ray.com. lol. One person said they got iTunes, Vudu, and Flixster to work this way, but not Amazon. Someone else said they got them all to work. IDK.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I found it on blu-ray.com after you told me! :cool:

[quote name='Coyotezeye']Just got mine delivered from Best Buy.

Im not sure who even to contact. Best Buy? HBO?[/QUOTE]

I read in another thread about this happening to some guy. He called Best Buy support and they sent him a whole new set and allowed him to keep his previous set. I'd try that route first.

It really bothers me that I got the first run of season one that did not include the DL codes. Does anyone have any advice on seeking out somebody that might have one to sell since eBay doesn't seem to allow people to sell codes anymore?

I just checked BestBuy.com and they have the exclusive Best Buy edition with the Greyjoy and Lannister packaging at $34.99, but the regular packaging at $29.99. Wouldn't this stop them from pricematching those exclusive sets at $29.99? I just hate being turned down on a pricematch and if they say no I would have wasted a trip since I'd just order off Amazon.

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']I just checked BestBuy.com and they have the exclusive Best Buy edition with the Greyjoy and Lannister packaging at $34.99, but the regular packaging at $29.99. Wouldn't this stop them from pricematching those exclusive sets at $29.99? I just hate being turned down on a pricematch and if they say no I would have wasted a trip since I'd just order off Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I had a rep price match the Lannister edition at $24.99 from Frys...your call may vary depending who you get I guess

Anyone who is having an issue with there digital copies should contact hbo through here: http://www.hboselect.com/ecopy/support/support_request.aspx

All you need is your digital code if you got one that is wacky, or if yours is blank like above just explain that. They will respond in a day asking for proof of purchase which can be either the front and back of the set or your receipt. I got a new code, I am also asking for a s1 code since it didnt have amazon on before.

[quote name='bfett9']Anyone who is having an issue with there digital copies should contact hbo through here: http://www.hboselect.com/ecopy/support/support_request.aspx

All you need is your digital code if you got one that is wacky, or if yours is blank like above just explain that. They will respond in a day asking for proof of purchase which can be either the front and back of the set or your receipt. I got a new code, I am also asking for a s1 code since it didnt have amazon on before.[/QUOTE]

Awesome that worked. Sent them a copy of my receipt. They sent me a new code :)

bread's done
Back