Game of Thrones Season 2 Best Buy Exclusives Up for Pre-Order

[quote name='Coyotezeye']Is the only difference between the Special Cover editions & the non special cover edition the slip cover @ BB? .[/QUOTE]

yes

[quote name='DWulf']$34.99 price is live on BB if anyone was waiting for the price to flip before pre-ordering - in-store pickup's not available yet though.[/QUOTE]

Well time for me to preorder!

I'm glad that I didn't pick up either of the special edition covers for season 1 from Best Buy, because now I don't feel obligated to continue picking them up on future seasons. I think that the Target extras disc is the most appealing option (and has the added bonus of also being the cheapest without price matches).

Now I just hope that the Target copies aren't all spider-wrapped into oblivion.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I Now I just hope that the Target copies aren't all spider-wrapped into oblivion.[/QUOTE]

Ugh yea I forgot about that. Also, I love your username.

The collectors edition of season one seem to have all the covers except for the yellow deer, I think that's the barathians I know I spelled that wrong ha. I only have the standard edition for the first one and preordered the Lanister cover.

Do preorders ship release day or will you get it at your front door release day or both?

[quote name='D0RC']The collectors edition of season one seem to have all the covers except for the yellow deer, I think that's the barathians I know I spelled that wrong ha. I only have the standard edition for the first one and preordered the Lanister cover.

Do preorders ship release day or will you get it at your front door release day or both?[/QUOTE]

The CE has all the houses but Greyjoy. They have the Baratheon house on it.

As far as your Lannister cover it'll probably ship after release day. That usually is the case for me if I preorder and don't do in store pick up.

I got a shipment confirmation from bb.com @ $59.99. Do I call customer service to get that price adjusted come release day? Or do I gotta go to the store?

Update: seems the invoice is for $35, just my cc has a pending authorization of 59. Should be corrected when it clears.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gunstar808']I got a shipment confirmation from bb.com @ $59.99. Do I call customer service to get that price adjusted come release day? Or do I gotta go to the store?[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue for season 1 and you can call, but you have to wait until after release day.

hmmm I am tempted, but something deep down inside of me tells me to wait until the entire series is over and buy it then. I know that will be many years, but I read the books and I have seen the series already. 34.99 though is a steal though.

For anyone waiting on Amazon, they finally lowered their price to 34.99. (blu-ray)

Edit: lol The dvd version costs $5 more.

[quote name='Meelahd']hmmm I am tempted, but something deep down inside of me tells me to wait until the entire series is over and buy it then. I know that will be many years, but I read the books and I have seen the series already. 34.99 though is a steal though.[/QUOTE]

It'll probably be many years until the show ends. And even then it won't be cheap.

[quote name='Capocci 007']It'll probably be many years until the show ends. And even then it won't be cheap.[/QUOTE]

And who knows, HBO might decide it doesn't like money and not release a set. Like The Sopranos on blu-ray.

That set would print money and they still haven't released it. Bunch of idiots over at HBO I swear.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']And who knows, HBO might decide it doesn't like money and not release a set. Like The Sopranos on blu-ray.

That set would print money and they still haven't released it. Bunch of idiots over at HBO I swear.[/QUOTE]

i swear executives half of the time are so clueless because this is yet another case of duh this will obviously sell but herp derp lets troll them and not release it.

I'll keep my Amazon order. Don't care about the Target extra features as I never watch extras, nor the Best Buy cases. Not worth saving $5 to have to drive to Target.

[quote name='kayne2000']i swear executives half of the time are so clueless because this is yet another case of duh this will obviously sell but herp derp lets troll them and not release it.[/QUOTE]

That comment made my day....thanks!

[quote name='GamerDude316']My BB order shipped! Now to figure out how to get the Target extra disc anyway....[/QUOTE]

Already shipped huh? Guess I can keep hope that I'll get it around launch time.

[quote name='GamerDude316']My BB order shipped! Now to figure out how to get the Target extra disc anyway....[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped too! UPS tracking says it should arrive on the 20th.

[quote name='GamerDude316']My BB order shipped! Now to figure out how to get the Target extra disc anyway....[/QUOTE]Buy the set from Target, sell the set minus the bonus disc on CL.

Figures that hours after I cancel my Amazon order the price drops to $35 (and I had a gold box discount too). Oh well.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']And who knows, HBO might decide it doesn't like money and not release a set. Like The Sopranos on blu-ray.

That set would print money and they still haven't released it. Bunch of idiots over at HBO I swear.[/QUOTE]
They might be waiting to do some special features, like Blu-Ray exclusive commentaries or other panel things that HBO is famous for. Whatever you say about them, they don't skip out on marquee releases like GOT or the Sopranos. And since Gandolfini, Chase, Falco, et all are rather busy with their own projects it might be difficult to schedule dates with all of them. You do realize it's been years since the show ended and they just released Entourage?

I feel like I'm the only one that just wants the normal cover haha. I remember last year when I picked up Game of Thrones for blu ray all Best Buy had was the collector's edition covers and I had to go to three Best Buy stores to find the original cover, and then I found out it was just a slip cover haha. GOOD. TIMES. This time....I don't care. But I'm thinking the Target exclusive might be cool beans... plus 5 bucks is 5 bucks. that's like 5 legit mexican tacos from a shady place down the street. Yes, that's a better deal. GoT and 5 delicious tacos. mmmmmmm

[quote name='AshesofWake']I feel like I'm the only one that just wants the normal cover haha. I remember last year when I picked up Game of Thrones for blu ray all Best Buy had was the collector's edition covers and I had to go to three Best Buy stores to find the original cover, and then I found out it was just a slip cover haha. GOOD. TIMES. This time....I don't care. But I'm thinking the Target exclusive might be cool beans... plus 5 bucks is 5 bucks. that's like 5 legit mexican tacos from a shady place down the street. Yes, that's a better deal. GoT and 5 delicious tacos. mmmmmmm[/QUOTE]

Or.... Game of thrones, two tacos and a 40 of old English

Just ordered from Best Buy with the Greyjoy Cover... it looks so rad, even though I feel the Lanister would be more appropriate.

[quote name='CamelGod']Amazon's Blu-Ray is down to $29.99[/QUOTE]

what the hell, mine hasn't shipped yet, but the price still says $34.99

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']what the hell, mine hasn't shipped yet, but the price still says $34.99[/QUOTE]

It can take a while for changes to be reflected but they've gotten it working pretty reliably now... if you don't get the $29.99 price by like Thursday you can contact them but it should be fixed/charged/refunded (however they'll do it) well before then.

[quote name='Justin42']It can take a while for changes to be reflected but they've gotten it working pretty reliably now... if you don't get the $29.99 price by like Thursday you can contact them but it should be fixed/charged/refunded (however they'll do it) well before then.[/QUOTE]

They should adjust the order price when it ships. Or at least that's what happened for me with Dredd 3D. They'll send you an email letting you know the price difference, too.

Hm Amazon actually says $30, I guess they PM'd that Target price.

Still not sure if paying the extra $5 for the slipcover @ BB is worth it.

Thanks for the great price Target.
Thanks amazon for matching it (no tax for me)
And
Thanks amazon for putting it in my daily deals for an additional $1.50 off.

[quote name='sunnysky']Thanks for the great price Target.
Thanks amazon for matching it (no tax for me)
And
Thanks amazon for putting it in my daily deals for an additional $1.50 off.[/QUOTE]

where do you see that??

[quote name='bill esquivel']Anyone know if there will there will be a collectors edition for season 2?[/QUOTE]

probably in a few months when they decide they want more money just like the first season

[quote name='AshesofWake']probably in a few months when they decide they want more money just like the first season[/QUOTE]

I found the CE to be kinda mediocre. It had solid packaging and the egg was nice but I just didn't see the point. I got it free from work and will likely sell the extras when I get around to it.

[quote name='AshesofWake']probably in a few months when they decide they want more money just like the first season[/QUOTE]

From what I understand the only thing it included as an extra was a dragon egg paperweight, which you can buy at the HBO store. The keychain that came with the BB pre-order for the first version of Season 1 you can also get at the HBO store.

I was going to get the Lannister Cover, but then Amazon matched BB and I preordered it from them around 2:00am. I'm going to Costco on Tuesday, so I hope the booklet bonus from them is not incredible because I will be tempted!

bread's done
Back