Game of Thrones Season 2 Best Buy Exclusives Up for Pre-Order

[quote name='neoz']Lets hope that they PM Target's price of $29.99.[/QUOTE]
I see it's still 59.99 at Target.com. How do you get that price. I'll just pick it up there instead.

[quote name='gunstar808']Think I'm going with the Lannisters, Tyrion is the best character after all. Though that octopus is pretty cool but the Greyjoys, Theon is such a...

And if you haven't done so, check out the books. Makes the show even better.[/QUOTE]

Very true sir, the books are better, Tyrion is probably the best character and the Greyjoys' octopus rules............but the family/house is like plain vanilla ice cream.

Wish BB will drop their price come release day to $35, that would rock, if not I'm afraid I'll just have to pass on the slipcover.

[quote name='lobito72']Very true sir, the books are better, Tyrion is probably the best character and the Greyjoys' octopus rules............but the family/house is like plain vanilla ice cream.

Wish BB will drop their price come release day to $35, that would rock, if not I'm afraid I'll just have to pass on the slipcover.[/QUOTE]

Although if you read the books you may have an aneurysm from some of the weird changes they have made..... :bomb:

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Although if you read the books you may have an aneurysm from some of the weird changes they have made..... :bomb:[/QUOTE]

If you knew that Martin was repeated approached by film studios to do the entire seven book series in a two hour film you'd know what we have is so much better than it could have been. Some changes are odd, like Asha or the Reeds, but I am content with the adaptation and understand changes were inevitable.

[quote name='ck76']If you knew that Martin was repeated approached by film studios to do the entire seven book series in a two hour film you'd know what we have is so much better than it could have been. Some changes are odd, like Asha or the Reeds, but I am content with the adaptation and understand changes were inevitable.[/QUOTE]

Yes but the entire Quarth Danerias arc was FUBAR, for no reason that I could decern

[quote name='ck76']If you knew that Martin was repeated approached by film studios to do the entire seven book series in a two hour film you'd know what we have is so much better than it could have been. Some changes are odd, like Asha or the Reeds, but I am content with the adaptation and understand changes were inevitable.[/QUOTE]

seven books into a two or three hour movie? do movie studios even understand how to make movies anymore barring the oddball exception?

[quote name='j.t']I see it's still 59.99 at Target.com. How do you get that price. I'll just pick it up there instead.[/QUOTE]

That is the in store price. The online price won't drop till very close to the release date.

[quote name='j.t']I see it's still 59.99 at Target.com. How do you get that price. I'll just pick it up there instead.[/QUOTE]

It's going to be 29.99 at Target according to the 2/17-2/23 Ad. Source: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=214558
attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
It's very likely they will, or they'd have missed out on possibly the biggest TV Blu release of the year (it's already no. 1 TV in the Blu-Ray pre-order site). Target also has an exclusive interview with George R.R. Martin; while I love the Best-Buy covers too, substance always trumps aesthetics. Amazon, however, has nothing.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a BB price match. I think the Lanister sleeve will look good on the shelf next to the Stark box set of season one. I hope they do a Baratheon sleeve for he third season.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']fuck a BB PM. Lets hope Amazon matches it. I don't give a shh.. about some special cover.[/QUOTE]

We know Amazon will PM.

I want the BB cover so that's all I care about.

$30 is an instant buy for me. I'll do Best Buy if they match, Target if they won't. Thank you again CAG.

Sweet price at Target! Def price matching at BB.

Looks like Target has a few other okay sales this week including Season 1 of Game of Thrones (Blu) for $29.99, Season 1 of Girls (Blu) for $23.99, and Season 1 of The Wire for $15.

Edit: Scratch that. Season 1 of GoT is actualy $36.99 for Blu Ray, $29.99 for DVD. Seems odd to me that the new release season 2 is cheaper. Oh well..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tcrash247']Damn, guess I'll cancel my BB pre-order then and PM in store.[/QUOTE]

Or you can keep the preorder and then call to pm

[quote name='tcrash247']Damn, guess I'll cancel my BB pre-order then and PM in store.[/QUOTE]

Pre-orders are usually adjusted before shipping. You can always have it automatically adjusted after too, no need to cancel

[quote name='ssjmichael']All editions at BB will be $34.99[/QUOTE]

Any confirmation of this? Anyone got a copy of next weeks ad?

Edit: Aww just found the posting over on blu-ray.com

NEW RELEASES

Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season - $34.99
[EXCLUSIVE LANNISTER PACKAGING] - $34.99
[EXCLUSIVE GREYJOY PACKAGING] - $34.99

Monsters Inc. [3D+BD+DVD+DC] - $29.99
Monsters Inc. [BD+DVD+DC] - $24.99

Argo - $22.99

Fun Size - $22.99

Sinister - $19.99

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - $19.99

Top Gun 3D - $19.99

Misc.

Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season - $44.99

Skyfall - $22.99

- FREE $10 BEST BUY GIFT CARD when you purchase any 2 select titles.
- Total Recall [BD+UV] - $17.99
- Looper - $19.99
- Men in Black 3 [BD+DVD+UV] - $19.99
- The Amazing Spider Man [BD+DVD+UV] - $19.99

Nice to see that Monsters 3D will be $21.99 after the $8 Amazon coupon.

Guess I'll keep an eye out for the BB prices to drop, which should happen over the weekend and then I'll order one for the Lannister GOT sets.

[quote name='Coyotezeye']
- FREE $10 BEST BUY GIFT CARD when you purchase any 2 select titles.
- Total Recall [BD+UV] - $17.99
- Looper - $19.99
- Men in Black 3 [BD+DVD+UV] - $19.99
- The Amazing Spider Man [BD+DVD+UV] - $19.99[/QUOTE]
WHY couldn't Dredd be on that list?! Nothing to pair Looper with. :(

[quote name='shrike4242']Nice to see that Monsters 3D will be $21.99 after the $8 Amazon coupon.

Guess I'll keep an eye out for the BB prices to drop, which should happen over the weekend and then I'll order one for the Lannister GOT sets.[/QUOTE]

My order is showing a $5 coupon for Monsters Inc., unless you got in on one of those "Save $8 wyb (insert title here) and one of the following" promotions.

[quote name='darkdaze73']My order is showing a $5 coupon for Monsters Inc., unless you got in on one of those "Save $8 wyb (insert title here) and one of the following" promotions.[/QUOTE]Sorry, it was $5 off. Peter Pan (which I ordered the same day) was the $8 off coupon.

Guess it'll be $24.99 AC unless Target has it for $27.99 on release day.

Will have to remember to keep an eye on Amazon's prices. I'm sure they'll match, but don't want to get stuck with the $49.99 price it's still listed as if it doesn't drop before shipping.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Will have to remember to keep an eye on Amazon's prices. I'm sure they'll match, but don't want to get stuck with the $49.99 price it's still listed as if it doesn't drop before shipping.[/QUOTE]

that makes two of us. Right now I have enough credit to make an Amazon order (with free shipping) about $30 and will have more credit by release, but I'd be ok with paying $34 at BB for the Lannister cover art. Definitely gonna depend on what Amazon does for price matching here.

I'll pre-order lannister edition tomorrow & will get bestbuy price match target ad tuesday next week. Target have GOTS2 for $29.99 :)

$34.99 price is live on BB if anyone was waiting for the price to flip before pre-ordering - in-store pickup's not available yet though.

[quote name='DWulf']$34.99 price is live on BB if anyone was waiting for the price to flip before pre-ordering - in-store pickup's not available yet though.[/QUOTE]

Beautiful! Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='DWulf']$34.99 price is live on BB if anyone was waiting for the price to flip before pre-ordering - in-store pickup's not available yet though.[/QUOTE]
Thanks cancelled at Amazon and got this.

What cover are you guys getting? I got the Lannister.

[quote name='DarkZion']Will Best Buy price match the Lannister/Greyjoy ones, even though they're "exclusive"?[/QUOTE]

It depends on how anal your "friendly" best buy employee is feeling when youre there.

Best Buy has the covers for $34.99 and Target has the bonus disc for $29.99, ultimately you can try and price match Target at BBY but they may fight you on it.

thanks although i dont see why price matching would be a problem with employees had an ounce of common sense. though it wouldnt shock me ive been denied PM at places because the cover in the ad was different. for instance they used the PC cover which was a tad bit different then the console version although the ad said also on these consoles but nope cant use common sense or reading skills. that said i'd be leaning more towards the extra disc seeing as i havent gotten season 1 yet so the cover thing isnt really an issue.

[quote name='DWulf']$34.99 price is live on BB if anyone was waiting for the price to flip before pre-ordering - in-store pickup's not available yet though.[/QUOTE]It goes live the day it releases, so just wait until the morning before the store opens to order it.

[quote name='cyberlian']I just picked up a copy of the Lannister edition.[/QUOTE]

Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

Thanks for this, I preordered the Lannister edition. Hopefully I can switch to in-store pickup and then pricematch the Target thats 10 minutes from my nearest BB. Amazon will also be a factor if they match BB or Target's price since I have enough credit there to cover any costs.

Is the only difference between the Special Cover editions & the non special cover edition the slip cover @ BB? Im trying to find out if the special covers have the digital copy like the regular version does.

bread's done
Back