Game of Thrones Season 2 Best Buy Exclusives Up for Pre-Order

[quote name='neoz']
When you say them and not one, what are you planning to do with the others. And more then likely they will want the $5 as it is a preorder. Many people at br.com have tried to get it for $0.01 but were turned down.
[/QUOTE]

I said "them" in reference to people here picking up copies of it. I certainly see no reason to pick up more than one unless you're giving them away to other people. I actually haven't picked up one yet since I would only even try to do it if I was adding it to a few other items in the order. I'm just curious whether it scans for a penny or if it prompts a preorder deposit when scanned.

[quote name='GreyFox787']Picked up the first season before reading any of the books, which made me regret not getting the Stark cover once I dove in (been taking a break for a little over six months after finishing the 4th book...but it's getting harder and harder not to crack open the 5th)...though Daenerys is one of my favorite characters, so I can't complain with a Targaryen cover.[/QUOTE]
LOL, wait until you read the fifth book.

[quote name='simmias']LOL, wait until you read the fifth book.[/QUOTE]

Too bad you have to read the fourth book to get to it...

Worst book in series and really tough to get through imho

[quote name='kilik64']Too bad you have to read the fourth book to get to it...

Worst book in series and really tough to get through imho[/QUOTE]

really? i havent read the books or even heard of them until i watched this show but ive heard the fifth book is the worst. but again that is just hearsay. for me the fifth would be the worst just knowing the sixth book isnt out and the author takes ages to finish books lol and there are 7 planned books in total for the series.

[quote name='kayne2000']really? i havent read the books or even heard of them until i watched this show but ive heard the fifth book is the worst. but again that is just hearsay. for me the fifth would be the worst just knowing the sixth book isnt out and the author takes ages to finish books lol and there are 7 planned books in total for the series.[/QUOTE]

Book 5 is pretty good. Book 4 is without a doubt awful. He split 4 and 5 up. It was started as one book. Instead of splitting chronologically he did it geographically. So what the fourth book became was all about characters that until then were either minor, barely mentioned, or new. So you had three books where you read about and built up this set of characters only to not have them in one whole book at all.

Basically pretty boring, didn't really move plot along, and is just there to get you to the fifth book. Which is pretty solid. Can't wait for 6.

4 is better than 5 because of Cersei and Sansa (and Jaime?). I honestly cannot recall anything of interest Dany and Tyrion did in 5.

[quote name='kilik64']Book 5 is pretty good. Book 4 is without a doubt awful. He split 4 and 5 up. It was started as one book. Instead of splitting chronologically he did it geographically. So what the fourth book became was all about characters that until then were either minor, barely mentioned, or new. So you had three books where you read about and built up this set of characters only to not have them in one whole book at all.

Basically pretty boring, didn't really move plot along, and is just there to get you to the fifth book. Which is pretty solid. Can't wait for 6.[/QUOTE]

hmm well that sucks. ive seen shows or stories do that get you invested in characters then suddenly the minor ones get the spotlight and the main ones vanish for no reason at all. it can suck. but hopefully book 6 and 7 will tie it all together. hell even watching just the first two seasons of the show there are a lot of main plots going on and a lot of sub-plots on top of that. so i can see this all getting to convoluted and not being tied up nice and pretty at the end or some stuff just getting dropped. i hope that isn't the case.

that said can't wait for season 3 and yea the author better hurry up with those last 2 books though i've heard book three will be season 3 and 4 so that will help buy some time i hope and hopefully give each main plot more time. which is my only complaint so far so much going on and not enough screen time for everyone. also can't wait to see the dragons tear **** up lol.

[quote name='jwizzle5786']4 is better than 5 because of Cersei and Sansa (and Jaime?). I honestly cannot recall anything of interest Dany and Tyrion did in 5.[/QUOTE]

You're the first person I've heard say this (not knocking your opinion at all, just an observation). Interesting. The focus on Sansa in the 4th book made me want to gouge my eyes out. The 5th book still doesn't hit the quality of 1-3, but was a step up from book 4 imho.

I also have a special fondness for the 5th book as I was able to get it signed by George R.R. Martin in the week it released :D.

4 seems to be pretty popular over at the "official" ASoIaF board. I guess it depends when you read the books. If you read them as they came out, you'll probably not like 4 and 5 because Storm is a climax of part 1 and Feast and Dance are transition books. I read them all just a year ago, so I didn't have to wait ten years to find out what certain characters are up to.

Sansa chapters in Feast rock because of a certain character who she hangs out with (I won't spoil it seeing as this is for the tv show).

My official ranking goes: 3 > 1 > 4 > 2 > 5.

Heh, I didn't want to expand on my comment for fear of spoiling things for people who haven't read through, but you guys are doing a fine enough job of that. In SOIAF, even mentioning a character has a chapter in a book is a spoiler IMO ;)

But yes, the point I was trying to make is that Daenerys will no longer be that guy's favorite character after he reads her God-awful chapters in book five.

[quote name='abhinav']Just making sure: If I preorder and the price changes before shipping, Best Buy will price adjust before charging?[/QUOTE]

Not always, but you can always call and get it adjusted after it ships as part of their pricematch guarantee policy. Usually if it drops before shipment it'll be automatically lowered.

[quote name='prayformojo']Have to go Greyjoy and pay the iron price.[/QUOTE]
So, you're going to slit the cashier's throat and walk out without paying? Cause that's the only way that comment makes sense, don't forget to film that.

[quote name='jwizzle5786']
My official ranking goes: 3 > 1 > 4 > 2 > 5.[/QUOTE]

I'd go 3--1--2--5--4.

Feast for Crows drags for me as I just don't care much about the Iron Island and Dorne plots/characters. The series already had too many character arcs IMO without adding more to the mix.

Five at least got focused back more on the main characters, but still drug as not a lot of major import happened until late in the book.

[quote name='Spafon']So, you're going to slit the cashier's throat and walk out without paying? Cause that's the only way that comment makes sense, don't forget to film that.[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='Spafon']So, you're going to slit the cashier's throat and walk out without paying? Cause that's the only way that comment makes sense, don't forget to film that.[/QUOTE]

win

I'll prefer to take the safer round and go Lannister. "a Lannister always pays their debts"

[quote name='Jrittmayer']I'll prefer to take the safer round and go Lannister. "a Lannister always pays their debts"[/QUOTE]

Ah so you will be using credit then paying it off at a later time.... I see.
Less messy.

[quote name='Jrittmayer']I'll prefer to take the safer round and go Lannister. "a Lannister always pays their debts"[/QUOTE]

unless its a TV show only thing but that isn't the official Lannister motto i forget what it is but it wasn't that.

[quote name='kayne2000']unless its a TV show only thing but that isn't the official Lannister motto i forget what it is but it wasn't that.[/QUOTE]

"Hear me Roar" is the official motto

Tried to pre-order the Lannister exclusive in-store but the system refused the SKU, so they have my info to hold that one specifically for the pre-order I did place. Sounds like they're getting quite a few of the exclusive covers in two weeks, so I'm pretty confident anyone should be able to get what they want on day one.

[quote name='AshesofWake']I hope it's 24.99 like when Season 1 was released. HIGHLY doubt it this time. But ya never know...[/QUOTE]

Wasn't the season 1 Blu-Ray on sale for $34.99 when it was released, not $24.99?

[quote name='Josef']Wasn't the season 1 Blu-Ray on sale for $34.99 when it was released, not $24.99?[/QUOTE]

I got it for 24.99. I remember because Best Buy only had one copy left and Target had multiple copies for 29.99. And I remember not wanting to get it at first but it was so god damn cheap, I said fuck it.

But again my memory could be fuzzy, but I do remember distinctly that Amazon matched the Best Buy Price and I remember seeing this:

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/game_of_thrones_price

right when they did, so again, I'm pretty sure it was 24.99 but then again maybe I'm wrong. The only thing is. This time I have a feeling it's going to be more because of the blu ray + dvd route they are going.

Yeah I even remember telling some co workers how cheap it was that week that they were like "whoa that's cheap for an HBO blu ray" and some even considered getting it. But don't take my word for truth.

edit: ugh now you're making my brain doubt everything. oh well fuck it whatever. lol

edit2: I think I might have used Reward Zone GC's for it. That's why I got it so cheap....MY BRAAIINNNN.

Well hopefully Best Buy and Amazon mark down the price near release date. I'm kind of anxious myself to see if we'll get lucky to get it at a $35 price point like last year.

I would be curious to hear which covers people chose and whether or not they'd read the books.
I chose Targaryen for season 1 because I think the rise of Young Griff is going to be epic. For season two I'm definately going with Lannister because Tyrion is my favorite character, and it's hard to hate Jaime after he gets his wings clipped. I have nothing good to say about The Greyjoys...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jwizzle5786']You might want to remove those spoilers. They're vague, but not vague enough.[/QUOTE]

Woops! I guess that wasn't cryptic enough. Thanks for the assistance Shrike.

I ordered a couple of each Best Buy exclusive cover. I figure reselling the extras down the line will more than pay for all of them. Free shipping and worst case if they come damaged or I need to price adjust, I will be in store come Tuesday morning and get a couple of each then too. I have one each of Stark and Targaryen sealed, and passed on getting the "deluxe limited edition" Season 1 release, which may have been a regretful error.

[quote name='Raye']Well hopefully Best Buy and Amazon mark down the price near release date. I'm kind of anxious myself to see if we'll get lucky to get it at a $35 price point like last year.[/QUOTE]

What i am waiting on as well, limited edition covers are nice, but I am a cheap ass first and foremost. ;)

[quote name='Methoes']Barns&Noble is having the A Game of Thrones Deluxe Edition (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) (A Barnes and Noble Exclusive) for only $8 (Pick-up only).
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-g...eorge-r-r-martin/1106660131?ean=9780594455011[/QUOTE]

Ack, sold out. Buy this again for the 4th time to if it was. :lol:

Have my old hardback, paper back, signed, and some LE versions. If I'd known a decade ago this series would catch on probably would have kept them in better shape.

Walmart has a preorder bluray case out for Season 2...it looks to be either the first episode on disc or VUDU. The shelf sticker said $34.97.

[quote name='180husher']Walmart has a preorder bluray case out for Season 2...it looks to be either the first episode on disc or VUDU. The shelf sticker said $34.97.[/QUOTE]

A VUDU offer with the first episode and a sneak peek at some of the special features, IIRC.

[quote name='180husher']Walmart has a preorder bluray case out for Season 2...it looks to be either the first episode on disc or VUDU. The shelf sticker said $34.97.[/QUOTE]
Good, gonna get BB to pricematch it.

Think I'm going with the Lannisters, Tyrion is the best character after all. Though that octopus is pretty cool but the Greyjoys, Theon is such a...

And if you haven't done so, check out the books. Makes the show even better.

bread's done
Back