Gameboy Advance SP (NES Edition) $55.96 BIG YMMV

mousin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
yep, you heard right. best deal i ever seen myself at target i guess.

pic:
feb07260dw.jpg

EDIT: SORRY FOR NOT PUTTING IT IN THE TARGET CLEARANCE, but this is a pretty big deal. and the similac milk is for my uncle's baby not mine ;] and my lips hurt and kip couldnt bring my chapstick. carmex rocks.

it was the last one they had, or else i woulda hoard it all.. =P. they had the other original colors for normal price. they say this was the last one they have and will ever have. so im keeping it as a collector's item.

I am surprised that these are going for so much on ebay. These were available for $80.00 new! I would think that the dualtone ones (available only for $100 because they were available before the price drop) would be the ones that are worth something.

[quote name='mousin']it was the last one they had, or else i woulda hoard it all.. =P. they had the other original colors for normal price. they say this was the last one they have and will ever have. so im keeping it as a collector's item.[/quote]

Well it is a collectors item, however like most collectors systems when the new model comes out the price nose dives. Remember all the rare collector gbs, gbcs and gbas?

[quote name='discopenguin816']I am surprised that these are going for so much on ebay. These were available for $80.00 new! I would think that the dualtone ones (available only for $100 because they were available before the price drop) would be the ones that are worth something.[/quote]

Its because they don't make them anymore unlike all the regular colors.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='discopenguin816']I am surprised that these are going for so much on ebay. These were available for $80.00 new! I would think that the dualtone ones (available only for $100 because they were available before the price drop) would be the ones that are worth something.[/quote]

Its because they don't make them anymore unlike all the regular colors.[/quote]

I;m talking about this:
gbaspdtone0uf.jpg

i snagged a couple of these too for soon-coming birthday gifts. it's awesome working in electronics every morning that they ticket clearance.

[quote name='discopenguin816'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='discopenguin816']I am surprised that these are going for so much on ebay. These were available for $80.00 new! I would think that the dualtone ones (available only for $100 because they were available before the price drop) would be the ones that are worth something.[/quote]

I;m talking about this:
gbaspdtone0uf.jpg
[/quote]

I know. I'm talking about you saying the NES sell for $80. Thats true if your store still has them. Once they are out of stock thats pretty much it since they aren't making the NES ones anymore. A somewhat limited supply makes the price go up.

WOW the Nes GBA sp are going for lots of money on ebay?? i have one of these i was going to return to ebay for a refund maybe i take it to ebay :)

The interest is this model is a bit ridiculous considering how fragile the NES-style decals on it are. They show dirt and start to pull away from the system without much provocation. Still, for $25 off list price, some might consider it an option.

[quote name='slidecage']WOW the Nes GBA sp are going for lots of money on ebay?? i have one of these i was going to return to ebay for a refund maybe i take it to ebay :)[/quote]

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

[quote name='slidecage']WOW the Nes GBA sp are going for lots of money on ebay?? i have one of these i was going to return to ebay for a refund maybe i take it to ebay :)[/quote]

What? :?:

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='discopenguin816'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='discopenguin816']I am surprised that these are going for so much on ebay. These were available for $80.00 new! I would think that the dualtone ones (available only for $100 because they were available before the price drop) would be the ones that are worth something.[/quote]

I;m talking about this:
gbaspdtone0uf.jpg
[/quote]

I know. I'm talking about you saying the NES sell for $80. Thats true if your store still has them. Once they are out of stock thats pretty much it since they aren't making the NES ones anymore. A somewhat limited supply makes the price go up.[/quote]

I was saying that although both are limited edition GBAs, the NES ones are the ones that are valuably. I was just saying that this surprised my because at on point, the NES GBAs were available for $80. The Dual-tone ones were never available for less that $100. Both are no longer available but one retailed for $20 more than the other. See what I'm getting at?

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']The interest is this model is a bit ridiculous considering how fragile the NES-style decals on it are. They show dirt and start to pull away from the system without much provocation. Still, for $25 off list price, some might consider it an option.[/quote]

you must treat yours like shit, i got mine the day it came out and its holding up great, no scratches, no corners coming up, and i keep mine in a case so there is dirt on it

[quote name='discopenguin816'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='discopenguin816'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='discopenguin816']I am surprised that these are going for so much on ebay. These were available for $80.00 new! I would think that the dualtone ones (available only for $100 because they were available before the price drop) would be the ones that are worth something.[/quote]

I;m talking about this:
gbaspdtone0uf.jpg
[/quote]

I know. I'm talking about you saying the NES sell for $80. Thats true if your store still has them. Once they are out of stock thats pretty much it since they aren't making the NES ones anymore. A somewhat limited supply makes the price go up.[/quote]

I was saying that although both are limited edition GBAs, the NES ones are the ones that are valuably. I was just saying that this surprised my because at on point, the NES GBAs were available for $80. The Dual-tone ones were never available for less that $100. Both are no longer available but one retailed for $20 more than the other. See what I'm getting at?[/quote]

I get it now. :) Probably because more people think the NES looks better than the dual tone.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='discopenguin816'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='discopenguin816'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='discopenguin816']I am surprised that these are going for so much on ebay. These were available for $80.00 new! I would think that the dualtone ones (available only for $100 because they were available before the price drop) would be the ones that are worth something.[/quote]

I;m talking about this:
gbaspdtone0uf.jpg
[/quote]

I was saying that although both are limited edition GBAs, the NES ones are the ones that are valuably. I was just saying that this surprised my because at on point, the NES GBAs were available for $80. The Dual-tone ones were never available for less that $100. Both are no longer available but one retailed for $20 more than the other. See what I'm getting at?[/quote]

I get it now. :) Probably because more people think the NES looks better than the dual tone.[/quote]

The dual tone is such a turnoff for me. I'd rather get it as one complete color.

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='jkam']2 Targets no luck :([/quote]

No luck on finding it? Or no luck on the price?[/quote]

finding it :(

Thanks OP... my day started off great.

Scored three of these at a Target. Was overjoyed (especially since I didn't have a GBA SP yet), decided to try my luck at another Target.

Car broke down on the way back, on the start of a mile long bridge at that.... 65 bucks just to tow it to a car repair place.

So thanks OP for helping me pay my car repair bills (since I'll have to sell these to help cover cost)... heh, damn car was a big killjoy.

[quote name='mousin']keep trying guys, this is by far the best deal ive got.[/quote]

As opposed to that Suikoden 2 + other goodies at a yard sale find? :D

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='mousin']keep trying guys, this is by far the best deal ive got.[/quote]

As opposed to that Suikoden 2 + other goodies at a yard sale find? :D[/quote]

after i said the by far best deal i got, i thought wait.. this is as good as my suikoden 2 complete mint for 30 bucks. =D oh well, =O this is a score.

[quote name='mousin']keep trying guys, this is by far the best deal ive got.[/quote]

Its certainly well worth checking. I'm glad we did, for sure...

My target had one...but then when I went to pick it up, it dissapeared...go figure.

They said they will call me tomorrow when the electronics guy is back.

[quote name='mousin'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='mousin']keep trying guys, this is by far the best deal ive got.[/quote]

As opposed to that Suikoden 2 + other goodies at a yard sale find? :D[/quote]

after i said the by far best deal i got, i thought wait.. this is as good as my suikoden 2 complete mint for 30 bucks. =D oh well, =O this is a score.[/quote]

I know I just couldn't resist.

This sounds too good to pass up. I goin to check all my local targets right now. This will indeed be good for a gift or even better trade this for the Lunar 2 I been eyeing on. :cool:

bread's done
Back