GameCrazy SEGA Sale - Condemned $35, Sega Tennis $30, Viking $35, HoD2/3 $20 + Others

foxhunt99

CAGiversary!
Gamecrazy is selling new condemned 2 for 34.99. Not sure how long it will last.

LinkinPrime Edit:
[quote name='Scorch']Alright, here's the deal. I thought this was an April Fool's joke, apparently not. This is indeed a "Sega Sale". Here's the full list.. new/used prices

DS
Mario and Sonic Olympic 24.99/19.99
Sega Superstar Tennis 19.99/??.??

PS3
Condemned 2 34.99/29.99
Sega Superstar Tennis 29.99/19.99
Viking 34.99/29.99

Wii
House of the Dead 2/3 19.99/34.99 (expect the used to change to 14.99)
Mario and Sonic Olympic 29.99/19.99

X360
Condemned 2 34.99/29.99
Viking 34.99/29.99

These sale prices are "for the next few weeks", according to the memo. Trade-in prices have already been brought down, as Condemned and Sega Superstar Tennis both trade in at $17.xx. This is not YMMV, all stores have these prices in their POS as of this morning. Even if it says the wrong price on the wall, it will ring up as the sale price.

Yet the only fucking Sega game I want isn't on sale.. The Club. BAH!

Can a mod change the topic title to "GameCrazy Sega Sale" and update the OP with my information?

Good luck on getting Viking -- most stores were sent 2-3 copies. Same with Sega Superstar Tennis. Condemned 2 shouldn't be too terribly hard to get ahold of, though.

//edit: Also, all stores should have the MGS4 beta keys now.[/quote]

[quote name='Trocar'] The manager there told me from now on, Gamecrazies would be gutting most copies (similar to Gamestop) to allow customers to look at the booklet.[/quote]
Thats fucked up.

Yeah I got Condemned 2 and HOTD 2. With Condemned they had one new gutted copy and one used copy. Both disks were in perfect condition so I took the used one and saved $5.00.

[quote name='souljah420']damn too bad nights isnt included in this sale[/QUOTE]

Or Ghost Squad.

I did buy HotD2&3R at one of my local GCs, though... Thanks, OP!!

I can confirm that the Santa Clara, CA store had both Condemned 2 and Viking new and used for 360. I picked up two new copies and they had plenty of both, looked like.

Went and picked up HOTD 2/3, Viking and Sega Tennis. I had to get Viking for the PS3 because they were out of 360 versions. :(

Clerk at the store didnt believe me when I told him the price and his scan verified what I said. lol

I picked up a Condemned 2 at GC in Frisco, TX.

When they ask where you heard about the sale, what do y'all usually say? I always play dumb and said a friend told me as I don't want to namedrop CAG. How do you respond when they ask?

[quote name='mprice']I picked up a Condemned 2 at GC in Frisco, TX.

When they ask where you heard about the sale, what do y'all usually say? I always play dumb and said a friend told me as I don't want to namedrop CAG. How do you respond when they ask?[/quote]

I would say "Hey! None of your god damn business now put my damn game into a bag and give it to me so i can leave this POS store." lol actually thats what i would say in my head.

If I was asked that tho and on the spot i would just go ... "ahh online"
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't go any farther into it.

but if for some weird reason they do and ask what site, i would say "Just a site that posts game deals"
If he ask what site specifically i would say "CAG"
If he asks "what's CAG"?
Then i would actually say out loud "It's cheap ass gamer bitch WTF is this 20 questions? Give me my damn game!"

ahhh... this is all hypothetically of course ;)

[quote name='supraazn']I would say "Hey! None of your god damn business now put my damn game into a bag and give it to me so i can leave this POS store." lol actually thats what i would say in my head.

If I was asked that tho and on the spot i would just go ... "ahh online"
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't go any farther into it.

but if for some weird reason they do and ask what site, i would say "Just a site that posts game deals"
If he ask what site specifically i would say "CAG"
If he asks "what's CAG"?
Then i would actually say out loud "It's cheap ass gamer bitch WTF is this 20 questions? Give me my damn game!"

ahhh... this is all hypothetically of course ;)[/quote]

lol!

Should we not name drop CAG? If it's a legitimate sale and not a pricing error, what is the harm? If they're cool then I would gladly welcome them to the community.

I picked up Condemned 2. Their computer said they had it used but didnt :( But still a new copy for $35 was too good to pass up. Loved the original and woulda paid $60 for the sequel if I had that kinda $$$ but times are tight! So I'm happy i was still able to get it

I was thinking about buying condemned for the PS3 at retail but happen to stumble across this thread.

The store in seattle only have one new copy left which I snagged up.

[quote name='mprice']I picked up a Condemned 2 at GC in Frisco, TX.

When they ask where you heard about the sale, what do y'all usually say? I always play dumb and said a friend told me as I don't want to namedrop CAG. How do you respond when they ask?[/quote]

I just tell them I have a buddy who works at the same store in a different state and he gave me the heads up about the sale. Works like a charm. ;)

[quote name='supraazn']I would say "Hey! None of your god damn business now put my damn game into a bag and give it to me so i can leave this POS store." lol actually thats what i would say in my head.

jeez man way to appreciate a good deal.

No reason to be coy about it, what's some low level employee going to do about CAG? And it's not like corporate doesn't know about CAG and SlickDeals and all the other bargain sites.

Do we yet know when this ends, or has it already ended? Wasn't able to make it to my local GC last week.

I usually say a friend in another state told me.. that tends to stop the questions.

I try to avoid namedropping sites to stores because it gives them ammo-- I vaguely remember a Staples coupon that Fatwallet got in trouble for because enough people did the "But Fatwallet said it was legit!!" argument... this was ages ago but it tends to be best for store people not to hear a single site name over and over...

FYI, Cedar Park, TX has several more copies of the House of the Dead for Wii but no Condemned 2 :whistle2:( The guy working there was very cool and well aware of the sale.

Picked up Viking for the 360. Was going to get Condemned 2 as well but backed out since I hadnt even finished the first one. I played Viking for about 4 hours and think it is a very underated game. If you didnt mind the repitition from Assasins Creed and like hack and slash gameplay it is a way better game then its reviews are stating.

Grabbed the last copies of Sega Superstars Tennis and Viking at the San Bruno Gamecrazy, but they were sold out of Condemned 2 (damn!). Will try to hit the other GC locations nearby today.

Thanks OP!!!

According to the stores in Humble, Houston, and New Caney, Texas, the sale on these titles ended Sunday so it may be on a per district basis as to when the sale ends.

I would pick up Viking but just got Blue Dragon as a gift and already picked up Condemned 2 with this sale, so by the time i get through those 2 games odds are that a most-likely-under performing sales game like Viking will alread be cheap lol

[quote name='Stoner2002']According to the stores in Humble, Houston, and New Caney, Texas, the sale on these titles ended Sunday so it may be on a per district basis as to when the sale ends.[/QUOTE]

Just called one in Piscataway NJ, confirmed the sale just ended (sold out of Condemned 2 (360), one copy left of Viking (360) - all I checked.)

[quote name='nietzsche74']Just called one in Piscataway NJ, confirmed the sale just ended (sold out of Condemned 2 (360), one copy left of Viking (360) - all I checked.)[/quote]

I think the sale only ended on viking and sega tennis. Condemned and mario sonic are still on sale

I went in at around 7 pm to pick up Viking for PS3 or 360 and it seems the sale ended on those 2. Condemned 2 however was still good, but I have no interest in that game. If somebody is able to get a copy of Viking (PS3), I will pay the cost + shipping through paypal. PM me!

Picked up a copy of SuperStar Tennis last week in Midland MI. Def. worth the sale price for any fan of SEGA or diehards who actually know and remember the games all the characters are from (mainly bought it for NiGHTS; good memories of my Saturn) =) --- Great change of pace for someone who wants to add a game that can just be picked up and played in either long or short amounts of time and simple enough for anyone to jump in.

Yeah, it was already mentioned before, but Sega Superstar Tennis and Viking are back up to full price. Condemned 2 is still good though. Dunno about HOTD.

Prices that were still active today were:
DS
Mario and Sonic Olympic 24.99/19.99

PS3/Xbox 360
Condemned 2 34.99/29.99

Wii
House of the Dead 2/3 19.99 (new)
Mario and Sonic Olympic 29.99/19.99

[quote name='graf1k']Damn, Condemned 2 must be tanking to be so cheap everywhere already. Kind of disappointing.[/quote]

Same thing happened with COD4. It's been $40 every other week since release.

Great price on Condemned 2, but I am going to wait until I finish the first and will most-likely by then be able to pick it up cheaper. Im really slow with completing games.

[quote name='Scorch']Yeah, it was already mentioned before, but Sega Superstar Tennis and Viking are back up to full price. Condemned 2 is still good though. Dunno about HOTD.[/quote]I guess the sale being one week might have been true.

I'm hoping my local GC gets a 360 copy of Condemned 2 before the price goes back up. They've been sold out since the week it launched! :hot:

[quote name='graf1k']Damn, Condemned 2 must be tanking to bet so cheap everywhere already. Kind of disappointing.[/quote]

So far, the game is alright, it still has those shocking moments. It isn't worth full price, but is worth the sale price.

[quote name='shrike4242']For anyone that can't find HOTD 2/3 & Condemned 2 (PS3) from this sale, CC has HOTD 2/3 for $19.99 ($18.99 on PM + 10% @ BB) and Condemned 2 (PS3) for $39.99 ($37.99 after PM + 10% @ BB) coming up next week:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178669[/quote]

Thanks...it's good to know that I still have some options when it comes to the game. I might just take over the deal to BB and PM it + 10%.

Condemned 2 is doing anything but tanking.. the company moved a 5 figure total out the door in the past two weeks.. it was actually the most recent hottest seller, right behind Smash Brothers (which GC sold about 20,000 of the first week)

[quote name='Scorch']Condemned 2 is doing anything but tanking.. the company moved a 5 figure total out the door in the past two weeks.. it was actually the most recent hottest seller, right behind Smash Brothers (which GC sold about 20,000 of the first week)[/quote]

You're talking about just Game Crazy, right?

I'm soooooo friggin broke... but I couldn't help myself. I went for Condemned 2 and HOTD 2/3 today. This thread has been mocking me for a week now. Couldn't take it anymore. ;)

When will I play all of this?!?! GTA IV and Kart on the way... (although no killer deals on either I've seen yet)... my poor wallet is gettin' a workout.

[quote name='tanis']I'm soooooo friggin broke... but I couldn't help myself. I went for Condemned 2 and HOTD 2/3 today. This thread has been mocking me for a week now. Couldn't take it anymore. ;)

When will I play all of this?!?! GTA IV and Kart on the way... (although no killer deals on either I've seen yet)... my poor wallet is gettin' a workout.[/quote]

I hear ya, I have probebly 20 games I haven't touched yet. But this deal was too good to pass up.

bread's done
Back