Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

[quote name='Drclaw411']Did it have a new expiration date?[/QUOTE]

It still shows through Jan 27th. The deal will probably exist until they take a wrecking ball to the remaining discs which shouldn't be long.

Wend to pickup Fire Emblem - Radiant Dawn, and Fire Emblem - Shadow Dragon at my local gamestop (In honor of the new Fire Emblem coming out), and was surprised to see that they still had non-sports games left. Ended picking up about anything non sports. Will update later with what I got!

[quote name='JCAll']Got my Pokemon XD disc resurfaced, still didn't work. Dammit.
Oh well 13/14 ain't bad.[/QUOTE]

Try it in both GC and Wii. Sometimes it works in one and not the other.

[quote name='Oxyric']Games no longer showing in the web site. I think they destroyed the games that were left.[/QUOTE]

It was a good run while it lasted.

[quote name='Oxyric']Games no longer showing in the web site. I think they destroyed the games that were left.[/QUOTE]

Poor Madden 05

sad, damn, I would have bought all the cases! lol

I will wait until 90% off so I can get one of those cheap quality GS GC controllers... there is a bunch in all nearby GS, from what I have read they break rather easily... I wanted a wavebird since the promo started , but none of my close GS have them of course.

I heard that gamestop was stocking up on old school games because eventually they will start selling old retro games online. But anyways, I doubt that they would keep the sports ones.

[quote name='swatman27']I heard that gamestop was stocking up on old school games because eventually they will start selling old retro games online. But anyways, I doubt that they would keep the sports ones.[/QUOTE]

Yeah some GS corporate guy said they were doing that, made it sound like it was going to be online and in store and also like it was going to start extremely soon. That was half a year ago, if not longer.

Still, if it ever happens...

1. GameStop.com
2. search "stadium events"
3. In-store pick up
4. Reserve 100 miles away
5. Win.

Actually found a system today, but they would not discount it from the $19.99 price. Said corporate recalled all the games and they already shipped them back. This was one of the GCN consolidation stores.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Actually found a system today, but they would not discount it from the $19.99 price. Said corporate recalled all the games and they already shipped them back. This was one of the GCN consolidation stores.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe consoles were ever part of this sale. Games and accessories only. At any rate, $20 for a console is a pretty sweet price especially if it is the dol-100 with the digital out port and even more especially if PUR Pro brings it down to $18.

Boo! Got the shaft on instore transfer. The GC games were there .. then they were gone. Was trying to get a few titles for some " newbie " cag's. The manager who is pretty cool with me said likely snatched up by one of his minions. He also said jokes on them almost 75% of the games guaranteed to work wouldn't. Was honest at least. Let me go with a few more guides for my troubles :)

Online stock tracker said that a nearby store had a few Mario Party and Resident Evil titles, as well as Metroid Prime 2 and a few other games. Went to the store today to check it out, and the employee told me that they got rid of all GC games last week. I knew I should have checked it out sooner. :(

They actually have a few games in stock now. I thought they got rid of them all? Hopefully, the ones the stores returned will end up on their website though.

Not sure if the deal is live online still but...

The deal is definitely live in stores, I picked up donkey konga 2 yesterday for 75% off. GBA games are also 75% off if you find a store selling them. I picked up a few at $0.45 for the shells and battery.

[quote name='ZeroUnderOne']I don't believe consoles were ever part of this sale. Games and accessories only. At any rate, $20 for a console is a pretty sweet price especially if it is the dol-100 with the digital out port and even more especially if PUR Pro brings it down to $18.[/QUOTE]

PUR Pro NEVER reduces the price of systems, just games and accessories.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Yeah. Complaining about a $20 GC system is kinda foolish, especially since they've become scarce at Gamestops, and resellers want at least $40 for them.[/QUOTE]

Doh, I sold one to a CAG for $18. #-o Bah I've got like 12 or 13 of them anyway.

[quote name='slowdive21']Doh, I sold one to a CAG for $18. Bah I've got like 12 or 13 of them anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yes he said resellers... but just because that's what they want isn't what it's worth, I can get 5 GC's with hookups and controller for $30 ea at a local game store, if they pay for shipping $18-20 is VERY fair for both parties.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Yeah. Complaining about a $20 GC system is kinda foolish, especially since they've become scarce at Gamestops, and resellers want at least $40 for them.[/QUOTE]

Not complaining, just sayin'. Early in the thread, it was speculated that this may qualify for the 75% off sale making it $5.

Now, the fact that the system looks like it was pulled out of a toilet with dried poo on it and the included MadCatz controller instead of Nintendo manufactured original would be the reasons I would be complaining.

Big Restock just happened. Managed to grab RE 1, RE 0, Baten Kaitos, Warioware, Wario World, Gladius, DK Jungle Beat, TMNT, and Starfox Adventures. Couldn't get CAG16 to stack but 15FREE did.

missed warioware...bummed about it...was the one I really wanted...however...I did pick up another 20 games for 24 bucks lol. GC 4 lyfe.

Missed out on the Resident Evil games and the Wario games but I did pick up Starfox, Sonic Mega Collection, Namco Museum 50th, Pinball Hall Of Fame, and WWE Day Of Reckoning 2 for just under $10.

[quote name='mitch079']Big Restock just happened. Managed to grab RE 1, RE 0, Baten Kaitos, Warioware, Wario World, Gladius, DK Jungle Beat, TMNT, and Starfox Adventures. Couldn't get CAG16 to stack but 15FREE did.[/QUOTE]

Please let us know if any of them turn out to be not coasters.

Man these games are going quick... Was able to grab dbz sagas xmen, hulk: UD and rise of the imperfections, was going to get a lot more but I guess I waited too long, oh well, my GC backlog is huge aanyway spent like 12 bux after shipping and tax

can't believe I almost missed this:hot: Got:
  • Star Wars Rogue Squadron III Rebel Strike
  • Odama - Game Only
  • Soul Calibur 2
  • Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (dont judge me)
  • Metroid Prime\\:D/
  • SSX On Tour

With Resistance 2 and Americas Test Kitchen, it was $19.38 shipped;) Sooooo...how'd I do?

EDIT: was free15 really an extra 15% off? Essentially making it free:hot: If I missed that...

EDIT2: Epic fail on my part. Canceled the first order to add 15free, and between clicking cancel and checkout everything went OOS. My order still says open, so I'm holding on to faint hope that it will fail to cancel. My bad:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
What a haul. What deal.

Bloody Roar: Primal Fury
StarFox Adventures
Metroid Prime
Wario World
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Zero
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

Total: Not a lot. About $20.

Oh wow. I had Toadstool Tour and Simpson's Hit And Run in my cart and by the time I hit checkout they were gone. What kind of site doesn't let you reserve things in your cart? Ugh.

Didn't get anything super crazy, but managed to snag:

Star Wars Rogue Squadron III Rebel Strike
Soul Calibur 2
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Super Monkey Ball
Time Splitters 2
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Sonic Mega Collection

with America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking for 17.XX after tax. Pretty sweet.

I got NBA Street Vol 3, if only for the Mario and Luigi playable characters, came out to like 6 or so with the 75% off and 10% from power up rewards, wish some of the other deals were still live, but, I missed out

[quote name='OscillatingFerret']the question isn't how lucky you got, but how many discs will work?

interestingly some stores near me have gotten preowned and refurb consoles in at some point.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine how bad these discs are going to look... they're probably resurfacing all the returns from earlier rounds.

I ordered 24 games back when they started this and only 7 worked. I ordered/picked up Luigi's Mansion 5 different times and not a single copy worked.

just bought these

Hulk - Game
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Carbon
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
FIFA Soccer 06
Fight Night Round 2 plus Super Punch-Out!
X-Men: The Official Game
Bond 007: Nightfire
GUN
Fantastic Four - Game
Ultimate Fighting Championship: Throwdown
Pac-Man World 2 Bundle w/Pac-Man

75% off + 15FREE Coupon + PUR 10% off + Free Shipping - Taxes = exactly $30 total
all those games would have cost me ($116.51)

edit: i was actually charged $22.28 tax was wrong on their part. Woot! Woot!

Last edited by a moderator:
wait.. is this sale still going on? the main post says expired in january? not that more than one of the 5 gamestops near me has any GC games but still.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']wait.. is this sale still going on? the main post says expired in january? not that more than one of the 5 gamestops near me has any GC games but still.[/QUOTE]

yes just got it today online tho

They never got rid of the discount, the new "expires: " says on 4/28 but it's a clearence, they want these gone, they and suprised that lone copy of zatch bell was on the site last I checked, this is just a restock, this is figurally the bottom of the barrel, the ones that just KEEP getting sent back. Probably so resurfaced that it's not worth the hope.

[quote name='GE7VOCiiDE']yes just got it today online tho[/QUOTE]

It's always been online as well since early Jan, but this is just a restock.

[quote name='GE7VOCiiDE']just bought these

Hulk - Game
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Carbon
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
FIFA Soccer 06
Fight Night Round 2 plus Super Punch-Out!
X-Men: The Official Game
Bond 007: Nightfire
GUN
Fantastic Four - Game
Ultimate Fighting Championship: Throwdown
Pac-Man World 2 Bundle w/Pac-Man

75% off + 15FREE Coupon + PUR 10% off + Free Shipping - Taxes = exactly $30 total
all those games would have cost me ($116.51)[/QUOTE]

Nice. I got fight night round 2 from the last sale. Cant go wrong with super punch out.

[quote name='Artrigis']Too bad missed this. Guess this is last restock[/QUOTE]

These are probably left overs from stores or from warehouse. They may not work.

bread's done
Back