Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']if your are really worried, maybe you should just pick up a used Wii off cowboom for $40-$50. Still cheaper than a component cable, and you already have the chords and controllers, so you can just get a super cheap system only bundle;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks again. Any easy way to know if it's a BC Wii from the Cowboom descriptions?

I got the first part of my order (from a few days ago) today and my shitty luck continues.
Kirby Air Ride - Looks good, works.
Smash Bros - Cover side looks like shit and doesn't work, obviously.
Mario Kart - Seriously looks like a new disc, cover art and underside are perfect and there's not even any goo in the disc center but it doesn't work. I almost didn't even think about testing it because I figured it would work...:whistle2:/

I got 5 more coming over the next week but since I'm already down to 1 for 3, I'm not getting my hopes up.

[quote name='bob330i']Thanks again. Any easy way to know if it's a BC Wii from the Cowboom descriptions?[/QUOTE]

you want to get a Model Number RVL-001 Released in November 2006. Should be listed as such, they have about 3-4 different ones up. This one says it is compatible, so I'd say it's a safe bet. And returns should be easy, should it come otherwise:)

http://www.cowboom.com/product/160615

[quote name='Wrong']I got my order for Mario Kart Double Dash in the mail today. I opened it up and saw the back. It was pristine, almost perfect. I turn it over... Super Bubble Pop. :(

I don't think there is going to be a lot of Mario weaving between karts on Rainbow Road going on this weekend.

I am going to go out on a limb and say I am going to have to return this one.[/QUOTE]

Mario went Turbo.

I got four more games in today: Zelda CE, Luigi's Mansion, Sonic Gems Collection and Eternal Darkness... not a single one works.

So far, I'm one for seven. This is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure my GC works fine since I tested my own copies of Wind Waker and Smash Bros Melee without issue, and Kirby Air Ride worked fine.

Luigi Mansions partially works for me. It loaded up ok and for 5 minutes it worked then after than every time the game has to load, it says the disc can't be read so I have to open the systems lid, and close it again then the next room loads only for the same thing to happen again a minute or two later. I'm planning to play through the game and then return it.

There were a few other games I was going to try to get if there was a restock but at this point, all it seems like is trouble to order anything used from GameStop.com

I actually tried ordering a Grandia III from them a couple weeks ago and it unfortunately had a crack on disc 1 and was a generic GameStop case :S from now on I'll probably stick with checking GameStop B&M stores (when will PS2 go 50% then 75% off, later this year into 2014? It'll be really interesting with stuff like Shadow Hearts, Persona 4, Suikoden V, etc. on the website)

[quote name='Danika']I actually tried ordering a Grandia III from them a couple weeks ago and it unfortunately had a crack on disc 1 and was a generic GameStop case :S from now on I'll probably stick with checking GameStop B&M stores (when will PS2 go 50% then 75% off, later this year into 2014? It'll be really interesting with stuff like Shadow Hearts, Persona 4, Suikoden V, etc. on the website)[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it will be a while. They'll start out with an occasional b2g1 ps2. Then, they'll have a long ass b2g2 ps2. A year or so after that, if they have remaining stock, they'll do a 25% off, 6 or 7 months later a 50% off, then a month or so later 75% off whatever is left.

I wouldn't expect the b2g1 until late 2014 and a 75% off sometime 2016 at the absolute earliest.

My copy of Starfox Assault arrived today. Fired it up and the game works fine, the disc doesn't look as good as the other games I've gotten but I played it for a while without problems. I guess I've been lucky as all 5 of the games I've ordered work fine.

[quote name='209chromatic']I don't think GameStop will last that long.[/QUOTE]

Oh please with BB dying out soon who will compete with GS??? They have a monopoly almost, this stuff sells itself even at the CRAZY prices they charge with the tiny trade in values.

Edit: Seem's theres some leftovers from another restock, check past the first page, was a MP 7 that someone snatched before me. Still a couple somewhat desireable games.

[quote name='Hemi']Seem's theres some leftovers from another restock, check past the first page, was a MP 7 that someone snatched before me. Still a couple somewhat desireable games.[/QUOTE]

That has been there all day. I think the system is a little wacky today.

[quote name='genovincent']awesome info/feedback, thanks so much sonic!

out of curiosity, have you noticed any trends for in-store purchases having a higher success rate of functioning than online purchases (or vice versa)? unfortunately, i was way too naive when i made my rounds and bought my in-store games a few months back, and never tested any of them. if they have the same fail rate as my online purchases, im screwed - only silver lining being that i bought my first GCN system a few weeks into the 75% off sale, so most of the games i bought in-store arent highly-sought/expensive titles.

FWIW, here's my list of 10 that failed from two online orders last week:

mvp baseball 2005
need for speed underground 2
007 nightfire
backyard baseball
batman begins
wwe day of reckoning
medal of honor - european assault
wwe wrestlemania xix
call of duty finest hour
shrek super slam

i also havent bothered testing the games in my wii, but i did try them in a second GCN system i bought at gamestop about two months ago, and got the same (failed) results - this after cleaning the laser in the original testing system, as well as the disc surfaces.

and thats great that your trip to the store to return the stuff was fruitful beyond just the return - glad you had that good luck.

thanks again for the reply.[/QUOTE]

I didn't test my in-store purchases either, but I inspected each disc before I paid for them. I put back any discs that were very scratched and didn't buy them.

After reading your post I finally decided to test a few of the in-store purchases and they all work so far *knocks on wood.*

Kirby's Air Ride arrived today and it actually worked. It looks like a pretty fun game for the 5 minutes I played it.

I'm starting to reconsider buying any of these after hearing all the misfortune with the copies they ship.

I think i'm just going to start buying these on ebay and save myself the hassle ^_^

Small smalll restock, nabbed
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes :)
Metroid Prime :)
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (needed good filler for SAVER)
Mario Superstar Baseball (needed good filler for SAVER)
Atleast I wont have paid shipping when I go to return my gamecube games previously owned by wolverine. But if 1 of the metroids work I'll be happy.

[quote name='whitereflection']Those are probably everyone's defective returns. More than one person here had issues with Metroid games IIRC.[/QUOTE]

Yup been on this thread since the sale hit, and have seen ppl get crushed, but there's always a chance it's a store sent, and besides, If I must return it I plan to mark it with a small thing on the case or something, to track if another cag gets it after me. Kinda like people with dollars.

But in SEMI related news, had ordered a .hack//G.U part 3 Redemption for ps2 after I saw it in stock when checking for a restock on GC and it arrived, generic 360 case, resurface gunk in the center, but disc look's great and I tested it for about 6 minutes with no problem. I consider that a good sign.

There was a mini restock tonight. I managed to get Double Dash, I think there's still some left.

They also had some Smash Bros Melee and Mario Party 7 but they ran out quick.

They also restocked on a few refurb GC systems.

FWIW, i stopped in a B&M gamestop last night that i had been to about 1-2 months ago, and saw some titles they previously didnt have, most notably mario party 7. i checked the disc and sure enough, it had been resurfaced - so im assuming it was either a return or came from the warehouse, and dont have my hopes up that it will work.

does anyone know if any B&M stores resurface the games in-store? not for the public, but for themselves.

Update: there are a few new games up since yesterday (mario golf, starfox, tmnt), but when i added them to my cart, they didnt appear to be 75% off.

Ordered Star Fox Assault an hour ago.

Wasn't 75% off, I can confirm. I'll probably wait, call customer service about returning it, and see if I can get a refund.

Best case scenario, I get to keep the disk. Worst case, I send it back.

I stopped in a store last night, and the 75% sale is still going on, but apparently in-store only.

I called the 800 number for GS customer service, and they said the sale was done online. Just in time for a convenient restock of some nice titles (Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Zelda, Mario Party, Mario Sunshine, etc.).

Blah.

[quote name='genovincent']does anyone know if any B&M stores resurface the games in-store? not for the public, but for themselves.[/QUOTE]

All stores send the games back to the warehouse to be resurfaced.

Short Answer: No.

[quote name='sasukekun']All stores send the games back to the warehouse to be resurfaced.

Short Answer: No.[/QUOTE]
can i ask you a question? lol what exactly is the exchange policy on preowned games from gs, 7 days or 30 day?

[quote name='YBX87']can i ask you a question? lol what exactly is the exchange policy on preowned games from gs, 7 days or 30 day?[/QUOTE]

For preowned: Within 7 day full refund, 30 days exchange only for same item with receipt.

All return policies are on the back of the receipt if you bought something in store.

Does anybody know what is up with this? For the past few months, the GC games on the site don't have the 75%. I missed out on a lot of good stuff because of that. Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD, Super Mario Sunshine.

Sasuke-kun, you work for Gamestop. You know anything about this?

Does anybody know what is up with this? For the past few months, the GC games on the site don't have the 75%. I missed out on a lot of good stuff because of that. Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD, Super Mario Sunshine.

pretty sure the promo ended a while ago, then was briefly brought back, but hasn't been seen since :cry:

Also, epic thread revival :D/

For preowned: Within 7 day full refund, 30 days exchange only for same item with receipt.

All return policies are on the back of the receipt if you bought something in store.
What if they don't have another game to exchange with? Like a GC game that only has one copy in the store that you bought and it doesn't work? If you wait 10 days to go back, would they still take it back within 30 days or not?

pretty sure the promo ended a while ago, then was briefly brought back, but hasn't been seen since :cry:

Also, epic thread revival :D/
Holy superfast post Batman!

Anyway, that shouldn't be. All the GS employees I talked to said the 75% would stay until all the GC games were gone.

Last edited:
What if they don't have another game to exchange with? Like a GC game that only has one copy in the store that you bought and it doesn't work? If you wait 10 days to go back, would they still take it back within 30 days or not?
They can order from another store, if none exist, they can issue a refund as store credit back from original price paid as long as it's within refund period.

Last I checked it was 75% off until further notice. It's in our marketing book, but not applied online, but should be an automatic 75% off in store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last I checked it was 75% off until further notice. It's in our marketing book, but not applied online, but should be an automatic 75% off in store.
Pretty sure it'll last essentially forever in store. GBA stuff is still 75% off in store. (picked up some accessories a few months ago after I got a GBA SP for $3 at a goodwill-type store)

bread's done
Back