Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

Went to one of my favorite stores today. They only had crappy disc only games on two shelves above the PSP games. I had done a hold for pickup on two games just to see if they had any so when I asked for those they pulled out the GameCube drawers and thereby have been 100s of CIB games. I asked if there was any way I could see those ones and they said they were duplicates of the same ones on the floor. Going to go back tomorrow to see if another employee will let me look.

Through six stores, I got 160 complete games for $180. No truly choice titles, but for the insane collector, it was fucking bonertastic.

I'm really a little jealous of those who have so many Gamestops with games nearby. Like I've said, literally all of the ones around here either shipped away their copies a year ago, or sold off what little they had left in the past few months after they started the B2G2 (or whatever denomination it was) sale.

And yet you people can run around and get a few hundred games if you want. Not fair, I tell ya. Not fair.

Has anyone found a CIB Killer 7? That game isn't in-stock online, nowhere within 100 miles of my area, and its one of the only few gamecube games that I need that I'm interest in.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I'm really a little jealous of those who have so many Gamestops with games nearby. Like I've said, literally all of the ones around here either shipped away their copies a year ago, or sold off what little they had left in the past few months after they started the B2G2 (or whatever denomination it was) sale.

And yet you people can run around and get a few hundred games if you want. Not fair, I tell ya. Not fair.[/QUOTE]

Same here too. Only one store had alright stuff.
Anyone know where to get gamecube cases and copy of co er art?

[quote name='DemiFiendRSA']Has anyone found a CIB Killer 7? That game isn't in-stock online, nowhere within 100 miles of my area, and its one of the only few gamecube games that I need that I'm interest in.[/QUOTE]

Its good that someone ask about killer 7. I dont have it in 100 miles of my area. lol, gamecube gameboy player is being put on hold at one store.

For those that found games with sleeves only...
Is there a place to still buy game cube cases?

Really nothing on the bay or Amazon

[quote name='donut']For those that found games with sleeves only...
Is there a place to still buy game cube cases?

Really nothing on the bay or Amazon[/QUOTE]
I would like to find a place with case / art for these games.. Or even a way to store like 30 of these mini discs. I like the little GameCube branded case but it only holds like 10 or 12. Any suggestions?

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I would like to find a place with case / art for these games.. Or even a way to store like 30 of these mini discs. I like the little GameCube branded case but it only holds like 10 or 12. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

http://shop.bresoftware.com/

Well, Pikmin 2 and Luigi's Mansion were both duds, despite the discs looking darn good. Oh well, at least 9 of 11 of my games worked.

Also picked up another GameCube today at GameStop for $20. It's in great shape with a black first-party controller, which was my main reason for picking it up. Also because the open button on my purple one was very sticky.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Well, Pikmin 2 and Luigi's Mansion were both duds, despite the discs looking darn good. Oh well, at least 9 of 11 of my games worked.

Also picked up another GameCube today at GameStop for $20. It's in great shape with a black first-party controller, which was my main reason for picking it up. Also because the open button on my purple one was very sticky.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised with how high the failure rate seems to be... how much are you guys testing your games? I just fire them up and play for 5-10 minutes.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']That would be cool.

Are the systems 75% off too by any chance?[/QUOTE]

No they are not. I bought one tonight for $20.

I am on a quest for a loose Zatch Bell. I picked up a CIB version and was hopeful as far as disc condition went because not only were the instructions present and in really good shape, the card thst came with it was still there and sealed! Alas, it was not to be. The disc is horribly pitted and unfixable.
Blargh.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm surprised with how high the failure rate seems to be... how much are you guys testing your games? I just fire them up and play for 5-10 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Luigi's Mansion never even got off the ground on two different GameCube's, and Pikmin 2 crashed after different play sessions, some 2 minutes long, and a couple 15 minute ones.

[quote name='kraftwerks']I am on a quest for a loose Zatch Bell. I picked up a CIB version and was hopeful as far as disc condition went because not only were the instructions present and in really good shape, the card thst came with it was still there and sealed! Alas, it was not to be. The disc is horribly pitted and unfixable.
Blargh.[/QUOTE]

Which version of Zatch Bell?

So far the only games I've had problems running are:

Ultimate Spider-man
Chaos Field
Goblin Commander (which finally started to run but I'm kinda nervous about it)

my haul:

pokemon channel
waverace: bluestorm
1080 avalanche
donkey konga II
shadow the hedgehog
sonic riders
animal crossing
DDR mario mix
final fantasy crystal chronicles
Odama
Scooby doo night of 100 frights

all for $22.47

One of the tell signs of resurface is its got that grey goop in the inner ring of the disc. Also the top of the disk might have a hazy grey film.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']lol this clearance makes me realize just how crazy/hectic itll be when ps2 hits 75% off...[/QUOTE]

Mmm to be fair ps2 games are a tad easier to find, and a bit less hard to find.

[quote name='spamfree2']One of the tell signs of resurface is its got that grey goop in the inner ring of the disc. Also the top of the disk might have a hazy grey film.[/QUOTE]

I ordered 10 games, 9 had the gray toothpaste like substance on them, havent had a chance to test any of them. Are those less likely to work? or do they not work at all?

Does anyone have experience with ordering games from gamestop online, because I was curious if they came complete. I have been hearing mixed answers so im just wondering.

[quote name='swatman27']Does anyone have experience with ordering games from gamestop online, because I was curious if they came complete. I have been hearing mixed answers so im just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Whenever I order online, about 75% of my order is in generic cases or disc only (sometimes that percentage is even higher). This is from my experience at least.

[quote name='swatman27']Does anyone have experience with ordering games from gamestop online, because I was curious if they came complete. I have been hearing mixed answers so im just wondering.[/QUOTE]

yeah, my 10 games all came disc only in a sleeve INSIDE of a PS2 box with generic gamestop cover

[quote name='nightmarishhero']yeah, my 10 games all came disc only in a sleeve INSIDE of a PS2 box with generic gamestop cover[/QUOTE]

Wow. Thats ridiculous. Do they purposely throw away all cases or something? I doubt that 95% of people trade in their games without the case or manual. I bought some ps2 games online a while back and only 2 of 20 came with the original stuff, so I wouldn't doubt it.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']lol this clearance makes me realize just how crazy/hectic itll be when ps2 hits 75% off...[/QUOTE]

I browsed around the PS2 selection while looking for GC games... the PS2 selection is probably a lot worse than the GC. It's packed full of sports games, Guitar Hero and some otherwise common games.

BTW, it looks like people have started to dump these on eBay because there's a ton of disc only GC games popping up there. You guys might wanna take a look there.

personally if GC hit 75% off in 2013... PS2 shouldve followed suit. I mean Xbox games have been long gone from stores and most already got rid of gamecube. They'd be wise to just do 75% off and get it over with so they have more room for the next gen of gaming that is upon us. once Sony and microsoft announce new consoles i think this will happen.

I really hope this buy 1 get 1 for PS2 games isnt a joke cuz i was JUST at like 4 Gamestops looking for GC games these past few days and saw no signage for PS2 games being on sale at any of them, and I looked at PS2 games just for the heck of it so i know there was no sign.

[quote name='Blade']Went to the closest Gamestop to me today. Didn't buy for three reasons:

1. All inventory was in the back, so he had to PRINT A LIST and couldn't bring them out or put them on display.
2. Told me they were all disc-only.
3. Said they weren't 75% off but "buy 2 get 2 free."

I must have the shittiest Gamestop in history. What a bunch of douches.[/QUOTE]

One of mine tried to tell me that there were no Gamecube games available at any Gamestop anywhere in the country. None of my other stores were much better.

On that note, if by some miracle anybody lives near a GS that still has a copy of Tales of Symphonia in stock, I'd be willing to reimburse + pay for shipping + give a bit extra for your time & based on the condition. PM me if you can help. I'm tempted to try the transfer thing, but odds are good they wouldn't do it.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']I really hope this buy 1 get 1 for PS2 games isnt a joke cuz i was JUST at like 4 Gamestops looking for GC games these past few days and saw no signage for PS2 games being on sale at any of them, and I looked at PS2 games just for the heck of it so i know there was no sign.[/QUOTE]

It's online only.

PS2 games were B2G1F at the GameStop I went to today. Picked up (for GC):

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3 (very scratched, but only a dollar or so)
Spider-Man 2
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble (completes the set)

All were in generic cases, btw. There were about 50 GC games in the drawer but she wouldn't let me see them. SW did not have a case on the floor and I'd expect there were many more. She asked me if there was anything specific I was looking for and my mind went blank other than Zelda, which I have all of. Lol!!

[quote name='SolidMGSnake']NICE I been wanting to snag some Gamecube component cables! oh wait.... ffuuuuu[/QUOTE]

Agreed. At this point even my cheap ass would pay $20 or $30, but not the $100+ they go for. A third party company like mad katz never figured out how to make one?

[quote name='spamfree2']One of the tell signs of resurface is its got that grey goop in the inner ring of the disc. Also the top of the disk might have a hazy grey film.[/QUOTE]

So if two of the same games the top dice one has a bright natural look and the other looks the same, but looks darker tone does that mean the darker one is most lucky resurfaced?

I managed to pick up Resident Evil 3 Nemesis for about 5 bucks at my local Gamestop. A port of a port of a port. Hmhm, sounds interesting

[quote name='Rozz']Nice pickup, is the disc in good shape? I've noticed a lot of people on here seem to be mentioning that their discs are in crappy condition. I'll be getting my website shipment in early this week and I'm a little worried...

It's not as bad as the Gamestop stores that have the inventory but are too lazy to print a list for you or to check the back for the games.[/QUOTE]

The Zelda Collectors edition disc is in pretty fucked up shape. It's been resurfaced and it was those circular stickers on the innermost part of the disc. It might work in a gamecube, but I doubt it will work in a Wii. I don't think I want to put it in the Wii for fear it will get stuck. I have to try out all my discs sometime before the 7 day return window is over.

Ended up getting Baten Kaitos Origins, Chibi-Robo, and Lost Kingdoms for about $5 total at one of the Gamestops further in town, all disc only/generic case. Chibi Robo is in pretty rough shape, but it plays. Froze on me once, but hasn't happened since. Played for about 3 hours. Others are okay, Baten Kaitos Origins is flawless on both discs actually. Getting copies of Super Mario Sunshine, Kirby Air Ride, and Custom-Robo sent in to my local store from one about 60 miles away. Here's to hoping at least one of them is in original case, as unlikely as it is.

I actually barely missed out on copies of MGS: Twin Snakes and Windwaker. Someone supposedly reserved both of them (at a different store) the night before me. Ah well, win some lose some.

please drop in price please drop in price please drop in price
if this doesn't circulate more copies of just about everything, I'm going to die. Look what happened to N64 games, they're either $5 or $500

[quote name='swatman27']Wow. Thats ridiculous. Do they purposely throw away all cases or something? I doubt that 95% of people trade in their games without the case or manual. I bought some ps2 games online a while back and only 2 of 20 came with the original stuff, so I wouldn't doubt it.[/QUOTE]

The guy at one gamestop said they threw away the gamecube games along with the cases, another told me they shipped them to Rio De Janiero

[quote name='MyPaper']Is the transfer thing only done in local areas or can it be state to state?[/QUOTE]

Its YMMV. It depends on the manager. I remember When I had a manager call another store because i was looking for a fightstick. I waited for a week and they had to call the store again and they said they forgot to send it out. It about a month before i got it.

For people calling and betraying as a GS manager, do they ask for a person name or phone number? Just because they said they are going to send it doesnt me they would do it because sometimes gs employees forget, lazy, etc.

Does anybody know if requesting the transfer from the ship-from location yourself can work (even if YMMV) without lying about who you are as long as you know the store number for where you want it transferred to? And if the GS you're having them transferred to needs to be one that's still selling GC games or if any will work?

[quote name='abbabaab']Does anybody know if requesting the transfer from the ship-from location yourself can work (even if YMMV) without lying about who you are as long as you know the store number for where you want it transferred to? And if the GS you're having them transferred to needs to be one that's still selling GC games or if any will work?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is possible to be done under these conditions. My local store does not sell GC games and was happy to request the transfer to it from a location 2 states away. YMMV, but definitely possible.

I will add that people are probably much more likely to have success with this when, 1) the store knows them (and you have rapport as a past customer), and 2) you don't abuse it. Trying to request transfer for 20 games is not likely to be as successful as asking for 1-2.

The one thing that Ive heard from GS employees is shipping cost from out of state transfers comes out of the respective stores bonuses' for that year, which is why you may not be as successful doing it.

[quote name='gnugget5']Yes, it is possible to be done under these conditions. My local store does not sell GC games and was happy to request the transfer to it from a location 2 states away. YMMV, but definitely possible.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, and thanks for answering my second question, but I'm not sure it quite answered my first one: is it possible to make the call and request the transfer yourself, without saying that you're a store manager, and get it to work as long as you already have the receiving store's store number? Or does it have to be done by the store you're having it transferred to, unless you use the aforementioned lie? Basically I don't trust the workers at my local Gamestop(s) for something as not-well-known as this (they've generally been completely clueless and/or lazy and/or stubbornly ignorant on even otherwise well-known practices in the past), so I'm trying to remove them from the equation as much as possible.

I looked at 4 stores (Most of em were close to where I was going to be at anyway) and only one of em had gamecube stuff left. All they had were shit movie games and an NBA game. All of em lacked cases too. Whack.

Well I just drive 45 miles to a store which, according to the store locator, had fire emblem, wireless controllers, and some other sought after games. Thought I was about to hit the jackpot.. Got there and it was mostly disc only crap. Ask the clerk about the other stuff I was looking for and he was pretty rude. Oh well. Got some crap that my sisters would probably enjoy so I guess it wasn't for nothing, but still, pretty annoying.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Well I just drive 45 miles to a store which, according to the store locator, had fire emblem, wireless controllers, and some other sought after games. Thought I was about to hit the jackpot.. Got there and it was mostly disc only crap. Ask the clerk about the other stuff I was looking for and he was pretty rude. Oh well. Got some crap that my sisters would probably enjoy so I guess it wasn't for nothing, but still, pretty annoying.[/QUOTE]

For other people that see stores with stuff far away, do the 'in store' pickup thing. That's how i figured out that the store 45 mins away didn't really have Fire Emblem and Wind Waker, saved myself a long trip.

bread's done
Back