Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

3 of the games that I picked up in store...dont read as discs...its so weird...they appear to not have a scratch on them....and yet they do not even start up. I think this means its beyond scratches...this must mean that the actual data was damaged on the disc...sad part is they were mario sunshine, mario party 5, and warioware...:cry:

edit: on another note, I wonder what happens the 27th? thats when this sale ends...is it only hte online portion that ends and in store stays? are they trashing these things ala the 99 cent ps2 games??? I cant see it honestly going back to B2G2...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Glasscocked']Unbelievable, every single game has some sort of grime in the center of the discs. Nothing came with manuals and everything is in generic cases. Tops of all discs look like someone blew thier nose on them. Everything is going back to the store and I am out shipping. fucking Gamestop.

http://i49.tinypic.com/142zic.jpg[/QUOTE]

That grey stuff is what they use to resurface the disk with. It get stuck in the center of the spindle.

Yeah, I'm not going to even bother looking out for the re-stock now. The sad thing is that this is how Gamestop sold their used Gamecube games all the time; we're only putting it up with it because they're 75% off, but this is standard operation for their website.

There's really no quality control for this crap. If it has the game title on the disc then they sell it, regardless of it even looks playable.

Also, I noticed that the games that do play on my system seem to run the console harder than the non-resurfaced games in my personal collection... The laser sounds strained when playing some of these games. I don't feel comfortable dealing with even the working games!

Might be helpful if those returning to store from orders at least write a quick email to gs.com to let them know of your problems and that you now have to be inconvienienced to taking them in for return... at least a couple dozen members here have noted the same issue (improper refurb)...
IF you just return to store, it will just keep on happening!

I remember an independent game store operator telling me how difficult the lil GC games were to resurface... obviously GS has an issue they are unaware of ...

When Hollywood video was around they knew game cube games need extra care, so I'm sure games top but just don't care.

It will not work because Gamestop is a corporation and they don't listen to customers. Maybe a online petiition would get their attention, just saying. They are solely into the business for one thing...profit on used games, systems, etc.

[quote name='donut']Might be helpful if those returning to store from orders at least write a quick email to gs.com to let them know of your problems and that you now have to be inconvienienced to taking them in for return... at least a couple dozen members here have noted the same issue (improper refurb)...

I remember an independent game store operator telling me how difficult the lil GC games were to resurface... obviously GS has an issue they are unaware of ...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='donut']Might be helpful if those returning to store from orders at least write a quick email to gs.com to let them know of your problems and that you now have to be inconvienienced to taking them in for return... at least a couple dozen members here have noted the same issue (improper refurb)...

I remember an independent game store operator telling me how difficult the lil GC games were to resurface... obviously GS has an issue they are unaware of ...[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate, I would have sucked it up but your post convinced me to write an email to their support. I referenced my post above with a link as well describing the horrible condition these discs arrived in.

[quote name='rnocerino']Anyone know what machine Gamestop uses to refurb their disks? It's definately not a RTI.[/QUOTE]

They use JFJ refurbing units actually.

They don't care. You can email them and complain...they'll probably send you an I'm sorry email and laugh at you later. They get a lot of discs, so they don't bother to test them and the workers half ass the refurb job just to get done faster. There is no quality of care. They just don't give a rats ass. This goes beyond gamecube games as well. Outside of DS/3DS games which obviously aren't refurbed, you are always facing a scenario where you'll get a worthless disc. Wii games also have a high failure rate with their refurbing, with all the same lovely guck in the spindle you see with the GC games.

Also...according to a few different stores after the 75% ends, stores will be told to send in the leftovers to the recycle facility or trash them. Soon the PS2 is going to be entering its final cycle too as corporate wants to fully dump the existing inventories. $4.99 games if they haven't already will be next in line to get the bullet. Also...if you order PS2 games online, expect a lot of them to have a silver sticker in the middle to cover up the microcracks that are around the spindle on most of the discs they sell

[quote name='rawrker']They use JFJ refurbing units actually.

They don't care. You can email them and complain...they'll probably send you an I'm sorry email and laugh at you later. They get a lot of discs, so they don't bother to test them and the workers half ass the refurb job just to get done faster. There is no quality of care. They just don't give a rats ass. This goes beyond gamecube games as well. Outside of DS/3DS games which obviously aren't refurbed, you are always facing a scenario where you'll get a worthless disc. Wii games also have a high failure rate with their refurbing, with all the same lovely guck in the spindle you see with the GC games.

Also...according to a few different stores after the 75% ends, stores will be told to send in the leftovers to the recycle facility or trash them. Soon the PS2 is going to be entering its final cycle too as corporate wants to fully dump the existing inventories. $4.99 games if they haven't already will be next in line to get the bullet. Also...if you order PS2 games online, expect a lot of them to have a silver sticker in the middle to cover up the microcracks that are around the spindle on most of the discs they sell[/QUOTE]

Interesting...so it sounds like they are trashing them...

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I could've sworn Resident Evil 4 was $12.99. It's showing $9.99.[/QUOTE]
na the price is $10, cost me exactly $2.25 with my rewards card

Sorry if this has already been answered but does anyone know the return procedure if a disc does not work? Can I return these at any Gamestop or is there a method to return them online?

On my packing slip it states "Return Label" at the bottom but m entire order is exposed above this address... I'm not sure the label is supposed to be below and if the sticker was already peeled off.

[quote name='rawrker']

Also...according to a few different stores after the 75% ends, stores will be told to send in the leftovers to the recycle facility or trash them. Soon the PS2 is going to be entering its final cycle too as corporate wants to fully dump the existing inventories. $4.99 games if they haven't already will be next in line to get the bullet. Also...if you order PS2 games online, expect a lot of them to have a silver sticker in the middle to cover up the microcracks that are around the spindle on most of the discs they sell[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't think they will give a rats ass about your complaints. They've clearly made their money on these games if they're dumping them for 75% off.

I would just return these to store and let GS lose money on processing them back to the warehouses and re-selling them. Maybe they'll eventually figure out they're fucking themselves over.

I spent an hour digging around my basement for all my gamecube stuff. I can't find the power brick. Everything but the power brick.

EDIT: I found it lol. Also found both N64 consoles in the same box.

Should get my first batch tomorrow, so we'll see how this turns out. I had decent luck with Gamestop preowned before. 13 out of 16 worked when I did B2G1 (2 of these only worked in Wii, not Gamecube). If not for 75% off, I wouldn't bother and would just go to eBay instead, but I figure there's not much to lose at this price.

Maybe I'm getting lucky, but I'm 7 for 7. I still have more to come. I've played them all using the GC instead of the Wii so maybe that has something to do with it

Okay....after about 8 Gamestops in my area this last week (and careful planning with traveling, etc.), I ended up with 214 unique titles (not too many sports)...total of about 240 games. All but 14 booted up and are playable, despite varying levels of scratches. Do Gamecube games run easier (with scratches) on a Wii (cause that's all I had to test them on...ugh)?

Nothing too extraordinary on the list (not too many awesomes and 90% just discs or generic cases )...got the Harvest Moon set of games, Super Monkey Ball set, Mario Tennis, Mario Superstar Baseball, Resident Evil 3, Zero, 4, Chibi-Robo, Waverace, LOTR set (with Third Age), Bomberman, Pokémon Channel, Mega Man Network, Second Sight (this game seemed interesting), 007 set, Baldur's Gate D.A., Bionicles set, Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!, DDR Mario, FF Crystal Chronicles, Prince of Persia set, etc. Lots of decently cool games with about the same amount being kidsish crap.

Left a lot more behind and most sports titles. Spent about $325ish on the games.

[quote name='paulwekiva']Okay....after about 8 Gamestops in my area this last week (and careful planning with traveling, etc.), I ended up with 214 unique titles (not too many sports)...total of about 240 games. All but 14 booted up and are playable, despite varying levels of scratches. Do Gamecube games run easier (with scratches) on a Wii (cause that's all I had to test them on...ugh)?

Nothing too extraordinary on the list (not too many awesomes and 90% just discs or generic cases )...got the Harvest Moon set of games, Super Monkey Ball set, Mario Tennis, Mario Superstar Baseball, Resident Evil 3, Zero, 4, Chibi-Robo, Waverace, LOTR set (with Third Age), Bomberman, Pokémon Channel, Mega Man Network, Second Sight (this game seemed interesting), 007 set, Baldur's Gate D.A., Bionicles set, Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!, DDR Mario, FF Crystal Chronicles, Prince of Persia set, etc. Lots of decently cool games with about the same amount being kidsish crap.

Left a lot more behind and most sports titles. Spent about $325ish on the games.[/QUOTE]

Wow what a steal. Congrats on taking advantage on the sale. Im surprised that many actually worked properly.

[quote name='paulwekiva']Okay....after about 8 Gamestops in my area this last week (and careful planning with traveling, etc.), I ended up with 214 unique titles (not too many sports)...total of about 240 games. All but 14 booted up and are playable, despite varying levels of scratches. Do Gamecube games run easier (with scratches) on a Wii (cause that's all I had to test them on...ugh)?

Left a lot more behind and most sports titles. Spent about $325ish on the games.[/QUOTE]

WOW... I wouldnt even think of spending that much
I got
2 copies of windwaker
2x star fox assault
2x star fox adventured
2x resident evil zero
2x melee
zelda collectors edition
resident evil 1
resident evil 3
Resident evil 4
P.N.0.3
f-zero gx
wario world
mario kart double dash
mario sunshine
geist
tales of symphonia
skys of arcadia
bloody roar
mario toadstool
Zatch bell: mamudo fury
both pokemons
both narutos
i returned lost kingdoms 1 and 2 they didn't work sadly
Probably going to give the extras to my brother whos also a collector

[quote name='cero5']WOW... I wouldnt even think of spending that much
I got
2 copies of windwaker
2x star fox assault
2x star fox adventured
2x resident evil zero
2x melee
zelda collectors edition
resident evil 1
resident evil 3
Resident evil 4
P.N.0.3
f-zero gx
wario world
mario kart double dash
mario sunshine
geist
tales of symphonia
skys of arcadia
bloody roar
mario toadstool
both pokemons
both narutos
Probably going to give the extras to my brother whos also a collector[/QUOTE]

Wow you defenetily hit the jackpot!

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Wow you defenetily hit the jackpot![/QUOTE]

yeah i had about 8 store transfers my local GS was very annoyed i can tell. i would have gotten twin snakes but some guy called first

I got
2 copies of windwaker
2x star fox assault
2x star fox adventured
2x resident evil zero
2x melee
zelda collectors edition
resident evil 1
resident evil 3
Resident evil 4
P.N.0.3
f-zero gx
wario world
mario kart double dash
mario sunshine
geist
tales of symphonia
skys of arcadia
bloody roar
mario toadstool
both pokemons
both narutos

lol the definition of quality over quantity...or actually in this case quantity of quality...super jealous you managed to find all those.

I got
2 copies of windwaker
2x star fox assault
2x star fox adventured
2x resident evil zero
2x melee
zelda collectors edition
resident evil 1
resident evil 3
Resident evil 4
P.N.0.3
f-zero gx
wario world
mario kart double dash
mario sunshine
geist
tales of symphonia
skys of arcadia
bloody roar
mario toadstool
both pokemons
both narutos

That's a fantastic haul... I'm baffled that you were able to get so many great games. The only worthwhile game within 100 miles of me is a copy of Path of Radiance. No Zeldas, no Marios, nothing else.

I don't think the games in store are ever resurfaced... so that's why nearly everything bought in store actually works. I'm still pissed that only 3 of 11 games from their website work... talk about shitty luck. I get 8 more games tomorrow... I'll consider myself lucky if I get a 50% working rate.

[quote name='Vinny']That's a fantastic haul... I'm baffled that you were able to get so many great games. The only worthwhile game within 100 miles of me is a copy of Path of Radiance. No Zeldas, no Marios, nothing else.

I don't think the games in store are ever resurfaced... so that's why nearly everything bought in store actually works. I'm still pissed that only 3 of 11 games from their website work... talk about shitty luck. I get 8 more games tomorrow... I'll consider myself lucky if I get a 50% working rate.[/QUOTE]

that sucks man. when i asked the worker to make the store transfers,i also told him to ask for a list of games at each store. list looked like this:
any zelda
tales of symphonia
skys of arcadia
any Real mario game (no sports)
ect
To my surprise all the rare ones weren't even listed online. that 100 mile radius reading is pretty much bull.i will have to slip my good sir a 5 or 10 for his hard work.

[quote name='cero5']To my surprise all the rare ones weren't even listed online. that 100 mile radius reading is pretty much bull.[/QUOTE]

Okay, every single employee I've talked to over the past week has said that the online thing was basically absolute, and you're saying that you got games transferred that didn't even show up on it?

Looks like I might be making a few more calls in the morning.

Oh, and to the user who said there must be a bot stalking the stock...you're right. TTYD and SSBM just jumped back in stock for all of two seconds before they went unavailable.

[quote name='abbabaab']Okay, every single employee I've talked to over the past week has said that the online thing was basically absolute, and you're saying that you got games transferred that didn't even show up on it?

Looks like I might be making a few more calls in the morning.[/QUOTE]

could be lazyness? the workers dont really want to check alot of the time. one store i called said they haven't sold gamecubes in years. then my local store calls they have windwaker,star fox ,ect.

[quote name='Vinny']That's a fantastic haul... I'm baffled that you were able to get so many great games. The only worthwhile game within 100 miles of me is a copy of Path of Radiance. No Zeldas, no Marios, nothing else.

I don't think the games in store are ever resurfaced... so that's why nearly everything bought in store actually works. I'm still pissed that only 3 of 11 games from their website work... talk about shitty luck. I get 8 more games tomorrow... I'll consider myself lucky if I get a 50% working rate.[/QUOTE]

The store with that path of radiance claims they dont have it. Ymmv...

So far I've gotten 101 games, most unique but a couple to replace ones that didn't work. After testing then only 27 work. And that's testing to power on to the beginning of the game only.

One of them part of the bottom layer of the disc was delaminated and is hanging below the disc, something that could be prevented just by looking at the disc. How do you sell used games with a 26% chance of working properly? I think they aren't resurfacing properly because the JFJ is a pain use on GC games.

I got
2 copies of windwaker
2x star fox assault
2x star fox adventured
2x resident evil zero
2x melee
zelda collectors edition
resident evil 1
resident evil 3
Resident evil 4
P.N.0.3
f-zero gx
wario world
mario kart double dash
mario sunshine
geist
tales of symphonia
skys of arcadia
bloody roar
mario toadstool
both pokemons
both narutos

Is Geist rare? I passed over a few today.

[quote name='Rumors']Paper Mario and SSBM appear to be in stock but I'm unable to actually add them, what gives?[/QUOTE]

Sold out. Bots or something along those lines are just buying them out as they come in stock.

[quote name='Hammer.exe']Sold out. Bots or something along those lines are just buying them out as they come in stock.[/QUOTE]

Bummer, I wish I could just get one working copy and didnt have to compete against these vultures

[quote name='Rumors']Bummer, I wish I could just get one working copy and didnt have to compete against these vultures[/QUOTE]

Don't be too bummed.. the success rate of these seem to be getting worse and worse by the day. You might even be out of shipping if you land 2 duds.

[quote name='spamfree2']Nope.. I don't think Geist is rare. One game that I haven't seen people mention finding is Zelda Twilight Princess..[/QUOTE]

Online locator has one listed near where I am, but we all know how reliable those are, and I couldn't even get a straight answer out of them when I called. I'm going to have to get my local store to call them and see what's up.

It'd be nice if I could find an unlisted copy of Symphonia while I'm at it, too...

Spent over 1 hours at gs. End up picked up 18 games. All the Disc very good condition & no scratched :) Most of them is mint condition i end up put it down :(

Some of my highlights from this sale. Though it's been a hassle cleaning the complete copies with all of the damn Gamestop stickers on the cases, as usual. But Goo Gone and other solvents work wonders. Some of the highlights of the disc only pile are Phantasy Star 1+2 Plus which was probably the only copy at Gamestops in the state if not the country, Cubivore, another NCAA 2K3 Basketball, Windwaker, Twilight Princess, SSBM, Pikmin 1 and 2, Luigi's Mansion.

I've got a few more picked up by friends/relatives/associates in distant stores which I will have in hand shortly...

583C83BC-1286-4327-BEFF-0496B960560C-403-0000002EF2E651E2.jpg

7B28384C-D615-4C19-9FC6-0BA3187191B8-403-0000002EC70C03E7-1.jpg

[quote name='Bing147']The store with that path of radiance claims they dont have it. Ymmv...[/QUOTE]

I didn't bother trying to transfer anything... my GSes are a PITA when it comes to transfers.

[quote name='karkyco']Some of my highlights from this sale. Though it's been a hassle cleaning the complete copies with all of the damn Gamestop stickers on the cases, as usual. But Goo Gone and other solvents work wonders.

I've got a few more picked up by friends/relatives/associates in distant stores which I will be in hand shortly...

583C83BC-1286-4327-BEFF-0496B960560C-403-0000002EF2E651E2.jpg

7B28384C-D615-4C19-9FC6-0BA3187191B8-403-0000002EC70C03E7-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Aww lucky you, you got sonic riders.

[quote name='spamfree2']Nope.. I don't think Geist is rare. One game that I haven't seen people mention finding is Zelda Twilight Princess..[/QUOTE]

Funny you should mention that... scored a complete copy just yesterday. It's the ONLY game I've seen at all that was complete that was complete since this sale started, all others have been disc only and nothing really worthwhile. After going to about 6 stores I called that find a win and stopped looking.

I got
2 copies of windwaker
2x star fox assault
2x star fox adventured
2x resident evil zero
2x melee
zelda collectors edition
resident evil 1
resident evil 3
Resident evil 4
P.N.0.3
f-zero gx
wario world
mario kart double dash
mario sunshine
geist
tales of symphonia
skys of arcadia
bloody roar
mario toadstool
both pokemons
both narutos

how much did that cost u? That is a great haul. Metal gear twin snakes, killer 7, and gotcha force is hard to find. Anyone had luck?
Skys of arcadia is a great pick up, but im a fan of fire emblem. (never place arcadia. Is it better then fire emblem?)
Another gem that is cheap that everyone is forgetting is fight night round two. Reason? Anyone remember super punch out for SNES? Well that was added exclusive on gamecube.

bread's done
Back