Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

[quote name='SolarUxie']Sunshine, Double Dash, and Pikmin back in stock

Edit: Well nevermind then, they all went out asap lol[/QUOTE]

I managed to grab two copies each of double dash and sunshine! missed pikmin though. If all four copies work I will sell them at cost or preferably trade on here. That is two of each...

[quote name='Bing147']The store with that path of radiance claims they dont have it. Ymmv...[/QUOTE]
If it's in a certain midwest mall, yea, the guy there usually is an unhelpful prick.

Wow...

Almost all of the games I've received from the website have disk read errors. Using my Gamecube to check all of them.

What a disappointment.

I'd recommend people not even bother with the website and try your luck at a B&M. This is ridiculous.

Is my only option to return these in store?

[quote name='cero5']WOW... I wouldnt even think of spending that much
I got
2 copies of windwaker
2x star fox assault
2x star fox adventured
2x resident evil zero
2x melee
zelda collectors edition
resident evil 1
resident evil 3
Resident evil 4
P.N.0.3
f-zero gx
wario world
mario kart double dash
mario sunshine
geist
tales of symphonia
skys of arcadia
bloody roar
mario toadstool
Zatch bell: mamudo fury
both pokemons
both narutos
i returned lost kingdoms 1 and 2 they didn't work sadly
Probably going to give the extras to my brother whos also a collector[/QUOTE]

Nice scores. You found a lot of the premium titles.

[quote name='Rumors']I managed to grab two copies each of double dash and sunshine! missed pikmin though. If all four copies work I will sell them at cost or preferably trade on here. That is two of each...[/QUOTE]

Nice one. Hopefully you do get some that work.

[quote name='The Punisher']how much did that cost u? That is a great haul. Metal gear twin snakes, killer 7, and gotcha force is hard to find. Anyone had luck?
Skys of arcadia is a great pick up, but im a fan of fire emblem. (never place arcadia. Is it better then fire emblem?)
Another gem that is cheap that everyone is forgetting is fight night round two. Reason? Anyone remember super punch out for SNES? Well that was added exclusive on gamecube.[/QUOTE]
Everything was around 70 bucks

All the 7 games I got worked flawlessly. Two of them were a bit dusty, but completely unscratched. I don't think they were resurfaced. The rest had very minor scratches that come with usage. You couldn't even tell.

I skipped on on GC completely, so I'm pretty happy about getting 7 of the games I wanted for cheap. Got about 4 games left to finish my modest GC collection.

[quote name='Rumors']I managed to grab two copies each of double dash and sunshine! missed pikmin though. If all four copies work I will sell them at cost or preferably trade on here. That is two of each...[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in buying a working copy of each. Taking my busted Double Dash back today and always miss Sunshine.

Transfer for Super Mario Sunshine came in today, went and picked it up and placed a few more transfers in (7 games (Pikmin 2, Custom Robo, Killer 7, Kirby Air Ride, Melee, and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle), 3 different stores).

The top part of the disc has a circular mark on it, can't tell if it's really a scratch but it was enough to remove the part of the art it's going through. However, the bottom of the disc is flawless. Zero scratches. The real problem is there's a very tiny piece missing from the center of the disc. It boots up to the Nintendo screen, then crashes every time. Taking it back either tomorrow or when my other shipment comes in. Dunno if I wanna try my luck transferring another copy of it..

Transfer for Fire Emblem came in today from PA. The disc is scratched, but it turns out it's not that bad and I don't have to waste $10 resurfacing it.
Got Custom Robo as well.

[quote name='Frany']>.< Missed Mario Sunshine again![/QUOTE]

Maybe because other CAGs are buying 2 or 3 copies of every decent game :roll:

[quote name='karkyco']Some of my highlights from this sale. Though it's been a hassle cleaning the complete copies with all of the damn Gamestop stickers on the cases, as usual. But Goo Gone and other solvents work wonders. Some of the highlights of the disc only pile are Phantasy Star 1+2 Plus which was probably the only copy at Gamestops in the state if not the country, Cubivore, another NCAA 2K3 Basketball, Windwaker, Twilight Princess, SSBM, Pikmin 1 and 2, Luigi's Mansion.

I've got a few more picked up by friends/relatives/associates in distant stores which I will have in hand shortly...

583C83BC-1286-4327-BEFF-0496B960560C-403-0000002EF2E651E2.jpg

7B28384C-D615-4C19-9FC6-0BA3187191B8-403-0000002EC70C03E7-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Why do you need 4 copies of the same metal gear solid game?... eBay?

Also I bought a copy of Mario Party 7 a year ago but it has the disc read error. What has everyone been doing about this in the slew of GC sales??

[quote name='oasisboy']Why do you need 4 copies of the same metal gear solid game?... eBay?[/QUOTE]

The failure rate for these games is so high that sometimes you need to order more than one to ensure that you'll end up with at least one working disc. Though, I'm sure there's other reasons why others are purchasing multiple copies. Honestly, the condition of these games are so questionable that I wouldn't be sad about missing out on them.

[quote name='Rozz']The failure rate for these games is so high that sometimes you need to order more than one to ensure that you'll end up with at least one working disc. Though, I'm sure there's other reasons why others are purchasing multiple copies. Honestly, the condition of these games are so questionable that I wouldn't be sad about missing out on them.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I just received an order that contained 3 copies of Super Mario Sunshine. None of them worked.

fuck Lamestop.

[quote name='Disposed Hero']No kidding. I just received an order that contained 3 copies of Super Mario Sunshine. None of them worked.

fuck Lamestop.[/QUOTE]

Did you order through the website or through store transfers? I think in store (non resurfaced disks) seem to be the best bet. I picked up a few cheapy games and they were just fine.

[quote name='spamfree2']Did you order through the website or through store transfers? I think in store (non resurfaced disks) seem to be the best bet. I picked up a few cheapy games and they were just fine.[/QUOTE]

Through the website. I was checking the site pretty often and placed several orders, but I've decided that it's just not worth it anymore. I'm going to return these games tomorrow at my local Gamestop and see if I have better luck finding anything in store.

[quote name='spamfree2']Did you order through the website or through store transfers? I think in store (non resurfaced disks) seem to be the best bet. I picked up a few cheapy games and they were just fine.[/QUOTE]

How do I do a store transfer? Every game I want are at stores within 100 miles, but none at my local stores. Several are at a couple different stores.

I think its best to go to a GS location that actually has stock otherwise they say they can't transfer because they don't carry GC games. Ask a girl clerk nicely :)

I have a spare Kirby Air Ride complete I picked up which I will happily trade for a working of any of the following. Disc only is fine for these btw.

Cubivore
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes
Ikaruga
Eternal Darkness

Will also consider the REmake but would probably want that one complete. If interested let me know.

[quote name='Bing147']I have a spare Kirby Air Ride complete I picked up which I will happily trade for a working of any of the following. Disc only is fine for these btw.

Cubivore
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Ikaruga
Eternal Darkness

Will also consider the REmake but would probably want that one complete. If interested let me know.[/QUOTE]

Are you high? You're requesting to trade a Kirby game for one of the 6 most-sought after, highest price GC games. Anyone that takes you up on this offer needs to be aware that they've been swindled.

[quote name='Bing147']I have a spare Kirby Air Ride complete I picked up which I will happily trade for a working of any of the following. Disc only is fine for these btw.

Cubivore
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Ikaruga
Eternal Darkness

Will also consider the REmake but would probably want that one complete. If interested let me know.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up Ikaruga today, I'll trade ya.

Also picked up today:
DDR Mario Mix w/box and manual
Second Sight
NBA Street Volume 3
Lost Kingdoms
Rampage: Total Destruction
Evolution Worlds
Rave Master
Gun

$18.80 total with PUR.

My $10 order from the site came yesterday, all are resurfaced but all look nice and seem to work fine. The grey goo is annoying but eh. I'm glad I got anything at all.

Cubivore
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Ikaruga
Eternal Darkness

Hmmm...I've got Cubivore, Ikaruga, and MGS:TT. I think I'll trade.......none of those three very good and also hard to find games for your very average and easy to find game.

First batch of 9 games.

7 generic cases
2 original cases (1 with manual but missing disc 2, 1 without manual)
8 load in Gamecube (at least to title screen)
1 dud that won't work on Gamecube or Wii

Tiger Woods 2004 is the one with the missing disc, so I guess I'll just spend the quarter on 2003 instead. I could see them missing this with a generic case, but it's the original with 2 disc slots.

My order came in sunshine came in the original case but didn't work. Melee in generic case but worked. Got a few others too and all other 7 worked. Everyone looked resurfaced and had that crap in the center. The inner ring on sunshine is peeling off! Didn't think it read data from there but apparently it's needed. Also no packing slip inside the package so how do I return it?

Just got another shipment in today with a non-working Twilight Princess and Mario Kart Double Dash. *sigh* Oh well, at least the Metroid Prime 2 that came in works.

[quote name='username123']First batch of 9 games.

7 generic cases

Tiger Woods 2004 is the one with the missing disc, so I guess I'll just spend the quarter on 2003 instead. I could see them missing this with a generic case, but it's the original with 2 disc slots.[/QUOTE]

I thought I was missing the 2nd disc from Pac-Man VS/Pac-Man World 2, but it was double stacked on one side. Just sayin', worth a look.

[quote name='username123']First batch of 9 games.

7 generic cases

Tiger Woods 2004 is the one with the missing disc, so I guess I'll just spend the quarter on 2003 instead. I could see them missing this with a generic case, but it's the original with 2 disc slots.[/QUOTE]

What was the weight of your game shipment. I am trying to figure out if I am getting any cases.

[quote name='sassylaurie']I thought I was missing the 2nd disc from Pac-Man VS/Pac-Man World 2, but it was double stacked on one side. Just sayin', worth a look.[/QUOTE]

No dice. Looked under the manual as well.

[quote name='mars6v6']What was the weight of your game shipment. I am trying to figure out if I am getting any cases.[/QUOTE]

2.80 pounds.

I found a disc-only copy of Metroid Prime today and it worked. It didn't even appear in stock in the system.
The clerk looked in the GC game cabinet and there it was.

Feeling super lucky.

Wow, the Mario Kart Double Dash I received was so fucked up that part of the label of the disc has been wiped off and when I tried playing it in my Wii the system reset itself after putting the disc in. I'm not chancing anymore fucked up discs in my console.

Picked up from my local gamestop
Resident Evil(CiB)
Burnout(Disc Only)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles(Disc Only)
Fire Emblem: Path Of Randiance(Disc Only)

Anyone got resident Evil Zero Disc only? would love to trade

At this point, I don't think I'd want to order anything that comes back into stock online, as I'm assuming most of it would be recent returns due to the discs being defective. If I did, it'd only be if I had enough to get the free shipping - heck if I'm gonna be out four bucks because of bad quality control.

I'll be thrilled if the SSBM I ordered works; it'll make a nice gift to my niece and nephew. If not, well, at least it qualified for the SAVER promo and I can just throw it back at one of the Gamestops around here (so they can presumably ship it back to the warehouse, where one of you lucky guys will reorder it!).

[quote name='gnugget5']Are you high? You're requesting to trade a Kirby game for one of the 6 most-sought after, highest price GC games. Anyone that takes you up on this offer needs to be aware that they've been swindled.[/QUOTE]

Wait, those real are some of the rarest GCN games? I have half of these!

If anyone gets any official two-disc GCN cases that are in good shape, don't have holographic labels on them and you don't need them (discs don't work, don't plan to use the cases, whatever) - shoot me a PM.

Also, if anyone gets a Kirby: Air Ride that doesn't work, but has the manual and/or insert... shoot me a PM. :D

[quote name='gnugget5']Are you high? You're requesting to trade a Kirby game for one of the 6 most-sought after, highest price GC games. Anyone that takes you up on this offer needs to be aware that they've been swindled.[/QUOTE]

Ikaruga/Eternal Darkness/Twin Snakes disc only go for about the same as a complete Air Ride. Those are also NOT the six highest priced GC games. Try Phantasy Star Online Plus, NCAA 2k3, Pokemon Box, Megaman X Collection, Digimon Rumble Arena 2, Gotcha Force, and others.

Cubivore is one of the top 5 and Fire Emblem is top 10. Those were admittedly shooting for the moon a bit. The rest were reasonable though. Heck, a disc only Fire Emblem only goes for 5 to 10 more than a complete Air Ride. Not a huge stretch.

I'm going to try to do my own transfers tomorrow. I'm going to send them to the local store, but how will they know they're for me?

[quote name='zerosigmavirus']Picked up from my local gamestop
Resident Evil(CiB)
Burnout(Disc Only)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles(Disc Only)
Fire Emblem: Path Of Randiance(Disc Only)

Anyone got resident Evil Zero Disc only? would love to trade[/QUOTE]

I have it. PM me

[quote name='lizard6king6']My order came in sunshine came in the original case but didn't work. Melee in generic case but worked. Got a few others too and all other 7 worked. Everyone looked resurfaced and had that crap in the center. The inner ring on sunshine is peeling off! Didn't think it read data from there but apparently it's needed. Also no packing slip inside the package so how do I return it?[/QUOTE]

If you received an order that didn't provide a packing slip, you can print off the order and shipment information emails and bring that in to the store. You can also email support (which can take a few days, feel free to spam them if they are too slow) or call them up (which can take a bit). The online support is good for setting you up with a refund when you can actually get a hold of them.

[quote name='rawrker']If you received an order that didn't provide a packing slip, you can print off the order and shipment information emails and bring that in to the store. You can also email support (which can take a few days, feel free to spam them if they are too slow) or call them up (which can take a bit). The online support is good for setting you up with a refund when you can actually get a hold of them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'm just going in showing th the order on my phone. I'm also a power up member so they should keep track of all my purchases. Thanks

So I got my 3rd and 4th orders earlier today, and actually had some decent luck as 5 of my 8 games worked.

The 3 that didn't work though, were Mario Kart, Smash Bros and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I'm 0 of 3 with Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and 0 of 2 with Mario Kart.:whistle2:(

Well, my copy of Pokemon XD and Custom Robo don't work. I got a refund, but couldn't get them replaced.

I still have the discs though. Does anyone know if one of those disc polishing thing that the local video store has could get them working? I've never tried them before. and don't want to drop the couple bucks it would take to find out and it not work.

[quote name='JCAll']Well, my copy of Pokemon XD and Custom Robo don't work. I got a refund, but couldn't get them replaced.

I still have the discs though. Does anyone know if one of those disc polishing thing that the local video store has could get them working? I've never tried them before. and don't want to drop the couple bucks it would take to find out and it not work.[/QUOTE]

Wait...you got a refund...but they still let you keep the discs? haha thats weird

bread's done
Back