Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

[quote name='themastersoftime']Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart, and Paper Mario are all in. Go go go![/QUOTE]

sold out at checkout :(

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Wait...you got a refund...but they still let you keep the discs? haha thats weird[/QUOTE]
They said they didn't want broken discs. I can understand that. They might accidentally get resold.

[quote name='JCAll']Well, my copy of Pokemon XD and Custom Robo don't work. I got a refund, but couldn't get them replaced.

I still have the discs though. Does anyone know if one of those disc polishing thing that the local video store has could get them working? I've never tried them before. and don't want to drop the couple bucks it would take to find out and it not work.[/QUOTE]

Well if the games don't work, it's worth a shot.

If you don't want to spend on a disc polish, some people use mild abrasives like white toothpaste and mild car polishes.

Since it's kind of on topic with this thread, does anyone have recommendations for a quality disc polisher?

[quote name='Deader2818']If I found a gameboy advance player, what are the chances they would have the disc that goes with it?[/QUOTE]

Zip, zilch and nada. And nada just left the building. Just kidding. Sort of.

My experience with this final markdown has been that the reason you still find a desirable item showing available at a store is cause there's something wrong with it or it was never there to begin with. It's still worth a phone call, though.

[quote name='Deader2818']If I found a gameboy advance player, what are the chances they would have the disc that goes with it?[/QUOTE]

Theres a local store with tons for $30 disc and hookup etc.

Accidentally stumbled upon this in store today just randomly going into a gamestop.
Left with DDR Mario Mix (no pad obviously), Custom Robo, Wario Wario Inc: Mega Party Games, and Battalion Wars.
Sadly no cases or books for any of them.
But they were only dirty, very faint if any scratches. and it was all under 10 bucks.

Nice find but I would test all the discs before your 7 day grace period. Booting the game up just doesn't always work with these I have found. I dropped off a batch of bad games yesterday.

[quote name='spamfree2']Nice find but I would test all the discs before your 7 day grace period. Booting the game up just doesn't always work with these I have found. I dropped off a batch of bad games yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Sound advice. I had to return a few yesterday that were duds.

On another note the closest store that still carries GC games has hidden 90% of them in a drawer for some reason. They have one tiny shelf on the floor filled with disc-only games and a drawer full of complete games.

The employee was even complaining that they still had GC games. Seems like they'd probably move them much faster if people knew there was more than the crap on the shelf.

I was just looking around on eBay and found a huge lot of broken gamecube games with scratches and gunk in the center lol. Looks like someone got a box full of broken games from GameStop.com.

[quote name='Rumors']I managed to get one. I hope it works[/QUOTE]

I think you bought the ONE that was available... we are now enemies... I have been hunting that game.....

[quote name='Hemi']I think you bought the ONE that was available... we are now enemies... I have been hunting that game.....[/QUOTE]
Well ill look out for you if I see another ill grab it for you. Seriously one of my favorite games of all time

I was forced to buy paper mario on ebay... got it with 3 other cheapo games at $20... but at this point IDK, better chance of working but WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME GS teasing me with "in stock" games then ripping them away!!!

[quote name='JCAll']That's...weird. I can't log into my Gamestop account. Is it doing that to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I've been having issues with logging in. It takes forever to log into my account, which makes trying to buy anything during these re-stock impossible since the items disappear before I can finish. I found that this issue is only with Firefox but doesn't happen in Chrome so you might wanna try another browser.

[quote name='Kolma']Accidentally stumbled upon this in store today just randomly going into a gamestop.
Left with DDR Mario Mix (no pad obviously), Custom Robo, Wario Wario Inc: Mega Party Games, and Battalion Wars.
Sadly no cases or books for any of them.
But they were only dirty, very faint if any scratches. and it was all under 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Is the disc's center hole really dirty? If it is, chances are you're buying defective returns.

I'm glad I spotted this deal on Cag. Yay for browsing the site at 1 am when I couldn't sleep. I have 3 gs in my local area. I ran to the mall thinking it would have gc games there for sure. They didn't, but the guy working there told me they sent them all to my third local store. So I went there and scored a fair amount of games:

Mario Kart Double Dash Bonus Disk $1.25
Custom Robo $2.50
GUN $2.50
Super Monkey Ball $1.50
DRR Mario Mix $3.25

Then I used the online stock tracker and saw a gs an hour away in PA had a lot of games. I got there about 10 minutes too late though. Someone else had snatched up a huge amount of gc games. He had them print out a list, so a fellow CAG prehaps? Anyway I still managed to pick up:

Metroid Prime x2 $1.00
Cel Damage $1.00
Puyo Pop Fever $1.75
Pack-Man World Rally $2.50

After that I went to another gs in PA that was about 10 minutes away from the first one and on the way home. I definitely hit the jackpot here.They had tons of games, several of which were cib. I got:
Donkey Konga CIB (I've had the bongos in storage for years after my bro got them at gs for $1.99. so this was a great find)
Naruto II: Clash of the Ninja $1.25
Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet 16 $0.25!
Turok Evolution $1.25
From Russia With Love $2.50
Star Wars The Clone Wars CIB $2.50
GameCube Preview Disk $0.75!
SSX Tricky CIB $0.75!
Tonka Rescue Patrol $1.25
Lord of the Rings Two Towers $1.25
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 CIB $0.75!
The Sims 2 CIB $3.25
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 CIB $1.00
Metal of Honor Frontline $1.75
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 $0.75!

All seem to work too.

The one game I bought (Super Smash Bros. Melee, heck yeah) came in today, and although there was the resurfacing gunk on the label (which wiped off) and some in the middle of the disc (not going to be wiped off), it works. Threw it in my Wii and played a few rounds to be safe.

It was in a generic case, too, which was expected, and I'd never complain about it after getting a great game for five dollars and some change. I'll be shocked if anyone gets complete games from the warehouse at this point in time.

[quote name='Pop_op']I'm glad I spotted this deal on Cag. Yay for browsing the site at 1 am when I couldn't sleep. I have 3 gs in my local area. I ran to the mall thinking it would have gc games there for sure. They didn't, but the guy working there told me they sent them all to my third local store. So I went there and scored a fair amount of games:

Mario Kart Double Dash Bonus Disk $1.25
Custom Robo $2.50
GUN $2.50
Super Monkey Ball $1.50
DRR Mario Mix $3.25

Then I used the online stock tracker and saw a gs an hour away in PA had a lot of games. I got there about 10 minutes too late though. Someone else had snatched up a huge amount of gc games. He had them print out a list, so a fellow CAG prehaps? Anyway I still managed to pick up:

Metroid Prime x2 $1.00
Cel Damage $1.00
Puyo Pop Fever $1.75
Pack-Man World Rally $2.50

After that I went to another gs in PA that was about 10 minutes away from the first one and on the way home. I definitely hit the jackpot here.They had tons of games, several of which were cib. I got:
Donkey Konga CIB (I've had the bongos in storage for years after my bro got them at gs for $1.99. so this was a great find)
Naruto II: Clash of the Ninja $1.25
Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet 16 $0.25!
Turok Evolution $1.25
From Russia With Love $2.50
Star Wars The Clone Wars CIB $2.50
GameCube Preview Disk $0.75!
SSX Tricky CIB $0.75!
Tonka Rescue Patrol $1.25
Lord of the Rings Two Towers $1.25
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 CIB $0.75!
The Sims 2 CIB $3.25
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 CIB $1.00
Metal of Honor Frontline $1.75
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 $0.75!

All seem to work too.[/QUOTE]

Lol, would it be the scranton/WB area? Those look like the games I left behind. I remember seeing the GC preview disc, lol.

[quote name='Vinny']I know someone point out a seller trying to sell broken GC games that were clearly bought from GS, but I think we know now why it's so hard to get anything during the restocks.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-Lot-11...591?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f2eb8fb7
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-Lot-35...418?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51a698f68a

In total, this person is selling over 450 broken GC discs. Insane.[/QUOTE]

Pardon the French, but who the hell would want to buy broken games?

[quote name='Deserter Goose']Pardon the French, but who the hell would want to buy broken games?[/QUOTE]

... ebay?

[quote name='lude21']Lol, would it be the scranton/WB area? Those look like the games I left behind. I remember seeing the GC preview disc, lol.[/QUOTE]

Why yes it was! Small world, huh? Well I guess your loss was my gain in a way. I enjoyed the games I was able to pick up. At least we were both able to get some stuff :applause:

[quote name='Hemi']more like 70, most are ps2[/QUOTE]

Ah, my bad. I didn't notice the other games... just saw the first pic was full of GC games and figured the rest were as well.

That's still a lot. Who knows how many they got that's actually working.

[quote name='spamfree2']Nice find but I would test all the discs before your 7 day grace period. Booting the game up just doesn't always work with these I have found. I dropped off a batch of bad games yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Do you know how the grace period works for online orders?

Some of the games I ordered a week ago and they are still arriving in the mail. The first of my orders I received only a few days ago.

[quote name='antlp89']Do you know how the grace period works for online orders?

Some of the games I ordered a week ago and they are still arriving in the mail. The first of my orders I received only a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

I returned some games from an online order three weeks after I ordered them. I asked how long you had to return online orders but they just looked at my slip and processed the return. And I didn't bother pushing the issue. So, uh, I don't know, YMMV.

Seems the good restocks are done. Haven't seen one in a few days. Just small quantities popping up now. I'm not going to bother unless there's a game I really want, even if there are even odds of getting burned. Managed to get a copy of Wind Waker at least.

Had another decent haul today.

Zelda Master Quest
DDR Mario
Mario Baseball
Gun
Donky Konga
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime (already had but this had a beat up case to go with it)

Haven't tested them yet...*fingers crossed*

Also talked to a extremely helpful associate at the Governors Square, DE location. Said he was going to attempt to have a few games from the area shipped in. Even if that doesn't go well, I still feel like I made out pretty well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found one of those helpful Gamestop employees today. Took my two non-working games in for a refund, with only a token hope of an exchange, but that's what I'm getting. He called around to other stores for transfers to replace my defective products. Should have working copies of Mario Kart and Mario Baseball within a week.

Too bad I could never nab Sunshine. Even a busted copy could work in a roundabout way.

[quote name='spamfree2']I think its best to go to a GS location that actually has stock otherwise they say they can't transfer because they don't carry GC games. Ask a girl clerk nicely :)[/QUOTE]

This isn't true, or at least it's really YMMV. I have absolutely no problem having them sent to my local store, which stopped carrying GC games about a year ago. Got 4 different shipments, actually. Going for 5 tomorrow.

Did pretty excellent today. I picked up five games and every single one of them is in absolutely pristine condition. One of them had one piece of dust on it. They all look like they've never been played. I couldn't believe it. They are all disc only, but all except for one of them are on the cover project so that is pretty nifty.

Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition $6.75
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life $2.25
Time Splitters 2 $1.57
Battalion Wars $1.13
Mystic Heroes $1.13

The clerk did give me blank cases for them too, so that was nice. I'm very happy with what I found today.

My Sonic Adventure 2 I ordered from the site didnt work. Pretty pissed since it was one of the few games I needed to finish my collection.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']Pardon the French, but who the hell would want to buy broken games?[/QUOTE]

Defective game lots are sought after by those with high quality refurb machines for resell purposes. There are often scratched and defective lots that go around ebay that sell pretty well. The buy out price of this user is pretty high. I wouldn't doubt the Gamecube games are from gamestop one way or another. The have the mass spindle residue and cracks typical of gamestop's failing. Those discs are typically too ruined even for high quality refurb machines to save.

Damn I'm surprised people are still finding items at their local stores. The scores have been pretty great! There has been almost nothing available in my surrounding area. A store 90 miles away showed items in stock, but when I tried to have them transferred, the store claimed those titles were not in stock.

[quote name='rawrker']Defective game lots are sought after by those with high quality refurb machines for resell purposes. There are often scratched and defective lots that go around ebay that sell pretty well. The buy out price of this user is pretty high. I wouldn't doubt the Gamecube games are from gamestop one way or another. The have the mass spindle residue and cracks typical of gamestop's failing. Those discs are typically too ruined even for high quality refurb machines to save.[/QUOTE]

Good points. I (most likely correctly) assumed the Gamestop Gamecube games were beyond saving, myself, so that's the main reason I asked.

[quote name='JCAll']Well, my copy of Pokemon XD and Custom Robo don't work. I got a refund, but couldn't get them replaced.

I still have the discs though. Does anyone know if one of those disc polishing thing that the local video store has could get them working? I've never tried them before. and don't want to drop the couple bucks it would take to find out and it not work.[/QUOTE]

You can try a play-n-trade but Gamecube games are hit and miss if they've already been refurbished before. If they have any pinholes, label side damage, or inner crackage, I'd just declare them dead. If it looks like its just scratched from normal use then they typically can be saved

Bah... a store showed up with Twilight Princess, but I called and the guy said they just sold a few hours ago. I should have been more through with my local store search.

[quote name='slainviper']I returned some games from an online order three weeks after I ordered them. I asked how long you had to return online orders but they just looked at my slip and processed the return. And I didn't bother pushing the issue. So, uh, I don't know, YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks for the reply, hopefully I have the same experience as you did.

bread's done
Back