GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
On one hand I like that they're having new deals but another, I haven't had a desire to play a single game they've had the last few weeks :lol: but I'll still check back every night

[quote name='tylerh1701']Sweet more tomorrow, we rarely get friday deals.

I want Kirby, but I don't like paying that much for Wii games.[/QUOTE]

Why?

Not a bad deal for Kirby, would get it if I hadn't already bought it. Might get Operation Flashpoint though

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Coltin']Why?[/QUOTE]

It won't get played. My Wii is in my bedroom just so I can use it for Netflix but I don't play on it. Plus my affinity for Achievement/Trophies usually steers me away from Wii games.

In my defense, I did play Super Mario Galaxy 2 right when it came out and it was awesome. I would be all over the new Zelda if I had a Wii Motion Plus controller/attachment. But I will still kick on the Wii for the great games.

I liked the previous Operation Flashpoint (Dragon Rising). Is this new one, Operation Flashpoint: Red River, similar in sandbox-oriented gameplay? Or is it more linear?

I think I picked up Epic Yarn new for $5 from Best Buy last year. I could be wrong, but there's no way I paid $18. That seems like a crazy price to me.

[quote name='fmwross2']I think I picked up Epic Yarn new for $5 from Best Buy last year. I could be wrong, but there's no way I paid $18. That seems like a crazy price to me.[/QUOTE]

That sounds about right. Great game at $5 new, not so much at $18 used. But most importantly, its a great game, especially in co-op, just depends on your personal price point.

Sorry if a bit offtopic, but I purchased Catherine for XBOX on the 24th and usually within 24 hours I have an update on the shipping or a tracking number. They charged my card and every thing but it still says TBD next to shipping when I view the page on my account. Any one else having this issue?

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']Sorry if a bit offtopic, but I purchased Catherine for XBOX on the 24th and usually within 24 hours I have an update on the shipping or a tracking number. They charged my card and every thing but it still says TBD next to shipping when I view the page on my account. Any one else having this issue?[/QUOTE]
Soemtimes I'd get the shipping notice late at night.

sometimes the tracking info can be a bit random as far as updates go

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']Sorry if a bit offtopic, but I purchased Catherine for XBOX on the 24th and usually within 24 hours I have an update on the shipping or a tracking number. They charged my card and every thing but it still says TBD next to shipping when I view the page on my account. Any one else having this issue?[/QUOTE]

In for Operation Flashpoint: Red River, how bad can it be for 8 bucks?

Also, I love how Cheapy posts the deals pretty much at 8pm on the dot every night, yet we have people posting looking for Cheapy and wondering where the deals are up to 15 minutes before. Are you guys dense or what?

[quote name='gnatforeva']In for Operation Flashpoint: Red River, how bad can it be for 8 bucks?

Also, I love how Cheapy posts the deals pretty much at 8pm on the dot every night, yet we have people posting looking for Cheapy and wondering where the deals are up to 15 minutes before. Are you guys dense or what?[/QUOTE]

People were asking for hints, which Cheapy usually posts between 630-8pm EST but didn't post tonight.

[quote name='fmwross2']I think I picked up Epic Yarn new for $5 from Best Buy last year. I could be wrong, but there's no way I paid $18. That seems like a crazy price to me.[/QUOTE]

It was one of those DOTD's from Best Buy. That's how much I paid for my copy.

I'm on my second playthrough of Red River right now. I think it's a steal at 8 bucks. I like it a lot. Very different from most of the Call of Duty type games out there. It's very refreshing to play a game that represents the wars we are currently in instead of still fighting Russians likes it's 1985. Team based play like Brothers in Arms or Ghost Recon. Good in co-op and still find players pretty easily. Difficulty could turn some off. You're no super soldier. 1 shot can take you out. 2-3 at most. Just be prepared for LOTS of profanity. LOTS.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']It was one of those DOTD's from Best Buy. That's how much I paid for my copy.[/QUOTE]

Same here and guess what? It's still sealed. :lol:

So tempted by Red River. I have the first Operation Flashpoint on the 360, played a little bit of it, solo and co-op, and enjoyed it. Might be able to resist as my backlog is stupid huge. But that IS a pretty sweet price. Ugh...sometimes I think I spend more time getting deals on games than actually playing them.

[quote name='Birbo']Ugh...sometimes I think I spend more time getting deals on games than actually playing them.[/QUOTE]

My problem exactly.

[quote name='mightymek']My problem exactly.[/QUOTE]

I just play when I can. I'm ploughing through my backlog when I'm not in class; with the gf, or at work. I'm so glad school is almost over. I'm finally playing through Killzone 3. Such a great game. I might actually get back into the MP. I played it right before PSN was hacked. :(

[quote name='The McMuffin Fanboy']Supposed to be, hopefully there will be 15 dollar Catherine again.

You don't need to actually subscribe to Gamefly to buy games from the right?[/QUOTE]

Right.

bread's done
Back