GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if you can customize the controls in Sniper, preferably the shoulder buttons? I jave those trigger attachment things and hate when a FPS doesn't allow to to change that option. I'm looking at you Battlefield!

[quote name='MasaTFC']why the fuck won't SH HD drop to that price for 360?!?!?

grrrr....[/QUOTE]

Because PS3 is clearly the inferior version. Amazon did the same thing (drop PS3 version to $30 and keep 360 version at $40) and also did it with the MGS Collection (dropping the 360 version by $10 but not the PS3 version). MGS wasn't inferior per se on 360, but I think most wanted it on PS3 for pressure sensitive controls and single disc.

[quote name='adamgould']I know I am in the minority, but all I want is Goldeneye Reloaded.[/QUOTE]

You're not in the minority. I think I'd grab it for $15 or less.

[quote name='Optical']How long does it take to get the games? How do they ship them?[/QUOTE]

About 4-5 days if you order one game, ships in a bubble mailer. If you order more than 1 in the same order, it will ship a little quicker in a box with a tracking number.

[quote name='Idiotekque']... so all you have to do is to open a case with eBay and you'll win hands down.[/QUOTE]

This goes for every ebay transaction. I especially like to buy from sellers with lower than 100% feedback because the games are cheaper. The fact is, if you go through PayPal, you will get your money back. The seller is the one taking all the risk by selling on ebay. PayPal will nearly always side with the buyer, and even whey they don't, they will refund you anyways.

[quote name='tylerh1701']One (probably delusional) way I justify my large backlog is that I don't plan on jumping into the next generation of consoles until at least a year (if not 2 or more) after their release, so that should give me a good amount of time to catch up on my backlog.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I'm planing to do as well.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Funny, I've gotten loads of used games in bubble envelopes with no protection whatsoever and they've come in perfect shape every time.

In any case, if he's refusing to refund you, he's in the wrong. The seller is responsible for damage during transit, so all you have to do is to open a case with eBay and you'll win hands down.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't even think it is worth the hassle of shipping it back and what not. I'm getting almost the same amount (50 cents less) if I just trade it into Best Buy.But the seller was so stupid in his packaging that I want him to realize that he ought to ship things better.

[quote name='MasaTFC']why the fuck won't SH HD drop to that price for 360?!?!?

grrrr....[/QUOTE]

Avoid that butchered mess Konami had the balls to call an "HD Collection." Only reason to possibly get it is if you're an achievement whore, otherwise the original releases are superior.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']Yeah I don't even think it is worth the hassle of shipping it back and what not. I'm getting almost the same amount (50 cents less) if I just trade it into Best Buy.But the seller was so stupid in his packaging that I want him to realize that he ought to ship things better.[/QUOTE]
Out of curiosity, how was it packaged and what system was it for (jewel case or new gen sized)?

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Caved finally on the new slew of gamefly deals for Dead Island. I have a weakness for Zombies 0.0[/QUOTE]

I loved Dead Island. For me, it had the same addictive quality of a Bethesda game.

"Just gonna do one more thing...." and "Ooh, what's over here..."

Got my Resistance 3 in the mail yesterday. As usual, little chips on the edge of the disc but not too noticeable. You can feel them when you run your finger across the edge.
Game had a 600mb installation that took forever...

Received Resistance 3 last night. Out of all my orders with GF, this is my first with a chipped disc. Wondering if I should even bother trying to play it or if I should get a refund. How does it even get chipped like this?

[quote name='MeGaWC27']Got my Resistance 3 in the mail yesterday. As usual, little chips on the edge of the disc but not too noticeable. You can feel them when you run your finger across the edge.
Game had a 600mb installation that took forever...[/QUOTE]

Damn, lol. I'll have to watch some TV or something while it's downloading. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='sassylaurie']This goes for every ebay transaction. I especially like to buy from sellers with lower than 100% feedback because the games are cheaper. The fact is, if you go through PayPal, you will get your money back. The seller is the one taking all the risk by selling on ebay. PayPal will nearly always side with the buyer, and even whey they don't, they will refund you anyways.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Ebay is extremely gay. Wish they'd go out of business already. The way buyers can extort sellers is downright criminal. Karma will come to collect someday.

I used to have no problem selling, but now it's like 1 out of 5 transactions, someone will try to extort me, threaten with negative feedback or something, hoping to shave more off the good deal they already got. I always package things well, never price gouge on shipping or any other bs. My practices are beyond repute.

Want a free item from ebay? Sucker a seller into shipping without tracking info, open a case, and you're 100% guaranteed to get a refund. Hell, you can probably open a case anyhow and tell Ebay that the seller sent you an empty box or something. Ebay Buyer Protection is a joke, it should really be called Ebay License to Steal.

Nobody should buy Silent Hill HD in any format. Send Konami and anybody else doing crappy HD jobs a lesson. They're already trying to resell us the same game. Re-recording audio doesn't make up for the rest of it. If they're not going to give it the proper treatment, just trying to do a quick cash grab, I'll stop buying any of their games. The only language they really understand is money.

[quote name='Dranakin']Received Resistance 3 last night. Out of all my orders with GF, this is my first with a chipped disc. Wondering if I should even bother trying to play it or if I should get a refund. How does it even get chipped like this?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's the sleeve design. The cardboard only protects one side and even though they ask you to insert it a certain way, doing so incorrectly subjects the edge to whatever pounding a letter takes in transit. I assume it'd cost too much to make the cardboard protect both sides to justify a change.

[quote name='Vap']That's exactly what I'm planing to do as well.[/QUOTE]

Me three! Seriously, I have no interest in picking up any of the new systems for at least 12 months, which will give me plenty of time to finish up things like Wet and Majin :]

Hmmm, backlog too big to add SH HD right now and it will drop soon enough. Already picked up Dead Island new for $10 during the Target trade-in bonanza. I would like to see Goldeneye drop to $15 or less though so I'll wait for that deal.

[quote name='Dranakin']Received Resistance 3 last night. Out of all my orders with GF, this is my first with a chipped disc. Wondering if I should even bother trying to play it or if I should get a refund. How does it even get chipped like this?[/QUOTE]

Just keep it and try playing it. You're extremely lucky to only receive one chipped disc.

[quote name='waldo21212']I have 30ish games in the backlog and caved in on it.[/QUOTE]

Counting just the 360 games, my 'official backlog' (just games I've never popped in) comes in around 400-500. But then again, I try to get every stupid 360 game. I keep telling myself to move away from this thread and not to cave, but I have a feeling I will. :whistle2:/

[quote name='AukeySeven']I got my Resistance 3 game on Saturday, but still no deus ex which I ordered 2 days before R3.

I wish GF had tracking numbers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that really sucks. I think you only get a tracking number if you order 2 or more games in the same order. I got a tracking number when I got LA Noire and Earth Defense Force: IA together.

So tempted to get Dead Island, Silent Hill HD Collection, and Sniper Ghost Warrior, but my backlog is already incredibly massive.

I am just going to go ahead and vouch for Dead Island. Dont be turned away from the bugs that they had problems with at launch. They fixed all of those that affected gameplay. The game is beautiful. You would swear you were walking on the beach in some shows on a nice tv with 1080. The game is downright fun and long. I probably did at least 95% of all the quests and it tokk me 25 hours to play through my first time. Didnt get to try the DLC but at $15 this is well worth it.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Counting just the 360 games, my 'official backlog' (just games I've never popped in) comes in around 400-500. But then again, I try to get every stupid 360 game. I keep telling myself to move away from this thread and not to cave, but I have a feeling I will. :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Wholey shit, 400-500 in your backlog? And I thought my backlog of about 45 was a lot.

You might have a bit of a problem - seriously. Somebody needs to slow you down, friend!

I am a grown ass, 30 year-old man - and i am fortunate enough to be able to buy a ton of games. But i would hope that if i ever had 500 games on our shelf, that my wife would ask why in the phuck I have so many unplayed games!

[quote name='blinknot4']Wholey shit, 400-500 in your backlog? And I thought my backlog of about 45 was a lot.

You might have a bit of a problem - seriously. Somebody needs to slow you down, friend!

I am a grown ass, 30 year-old man - and i am fortunate enough to be able to buy a ton of games. But i would hope that if i ever had 500 games on our shelf, that my wife would ask why in the phuck I have so many unplayed games![/QUOTE]

If you want to see the Xbox 360 (only) list, feel free to PM me your e-mail and I'll add you as a viewer on Google Documents (or Drive as it has been rebranded w/o notice). My PS3, Wii, DS, PSP, etc. lists are not as OCD given that I more or less am purposely trying to own every game for those systems --- just the decent ones. ;-)

In fairness, my wife is well aware of this particular habit (along with the movies/comics/books/Cds/etc). I am also grown (turned 30 in January), which makes my whole "try to play X" a the more fun and exciting. Ah well.

Will also put in my recommendation for Dead Island. I've only played it co-op, but it's been great fun bashing zombie skulls in. I think it has just enough RPG elements (leveling, skill trees, weapon crafting) with a very visceral combat style to make it enjoyable for fans of several genres. And analog fighting is really cool :]

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Counting just the 360 games, my 'official backlog' (just games I've never popped in) comes in around 400-500. But then again, I try to get every stupid 360 game. I keep telling myself to move away from this thread and not to cave, but I have a feeling I will. :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

You're not alone my friend. I'm in the same boat. I'm at about 200 Xbox games on my backlog alone I bet. Not to mention all other systems that have even come out. I recently have stopped myself on buying a ton of little cheap games cause I know I won't play em (& I can rent on Gamefly, which has helped me stop my backlog from increasing exponentially).

Yeah, wife has helped recently by being my conscience of sorts. :lol:

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']nobody seemed to have made any comments on sniper...[/QUOTE]
Its a good game. Definitely worth it for $10. Just a fun campaign where you feel like a backass from a distance, and it controls well (not perfect FPS controls, but good overall).

[quote name='ijustw1n']I believe it's the sleeve design. The cardboard only protects one side and even though they ask you to insert it a certain way, doing so incorrectly subjects the edge to whatever pounding a letter takes in transit. I assume it'd cost too much to make the cardboard protect both sides to justify a change.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I'm not a GF subscriber, so I just assumed they used sleeve envelopes like Netflix, which never chip the discs. I wonder why they use cardboard?

What do you think the prospects of the Silent Hill HD Collection getting properly fixed in a patch are? I have a twenty dollar gift certificate from GameFly I wouldn't mind dropping on this so I can force my husband to watch me play it so he can finally (theoretically) experience how amazing Silent Hill 2 is, but I'm worried that Konami will decide the cost for fixing it outweighs the profit for them. I mean, the games are essentially unplayable on PS3 right?

[quote name='DoraAreGames']What do you think the prospects of the Silent Hill HD Collection getting properly fixed in a patch are? I have a twenty dollar gift certificate from GameFly I wouldn't mind dropping on this so I can force my husband to watch me play it so he can finally (theoretically) experience how amazing Silent Hill 2 is, but I'm worried that Konami will decide the cost for fixing it outweighs the profit for them. I mean, the games are essentially unplayable on PS3 right?[/QUOTE]
Its already confirmed they're working on a patch. The thing that's stopping me from getting Silent Hill at this price is how they've aged. Those cameras look harsh.

[quote name='DaShaka']I'll comment. It's pure doodoo.[/QUOTE]
The board over at Gamefaqs, while it's been dead since late April, seems to have mostly favorable opinions of the game. Did you actually play it?

Sniper was okay, wasn't a great game. Definitely had it's flaws. I played a few missions, but with enemies that can sense you when you are in total cover and no way realistically seeing/sensing me and me getting killed by "magic bullets" where no enemies were around, I stopped playing due to the fact I was ready to throw the controller through the TV screen. But I guess to each their own. I suppose it did well enough to warrant a sequel which comes out later this summer.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']The board over at Gamefaqs, while it's been dead since late April, seems to have mostly favorable opinions of the game. Did you actually play it?[/QUOTE]

I think almost anything's worth a shot at $10, as far as Sniper goes I'd say it's mediocre at best, and probably leans more to the "bad" side of things. Supposedly the PS3 version is an improved edition compared to the 360 and PC, but it doesn't seem very improved. The game is choppy, and apparently they turned what used to be a gameplay segment in the 360/PC versions to cutscenes in the PS3 version, I guess they were rather disliked but it's still kinda weird that the "improved" version has less gameplay. The game was a little too linear for my tastes as well... I was thinking you would be able to run around through all of that jungle, pop a few shots and then run off to resituate somewhere else but you're mostly stuck on a path.

I guess there's a sequel coming out soon that promises some fixes and changes but in the meantime I'd suggest passing on this and maybe getting Sniper Elite V2 if you need your sniping fix.

thanks, I passed. sure it could be "flipped" to best buy credit after a playthrough, but I have enough best buy credit and enough backlog as well.

[quote name='Dranakin']Interesting. I'm not a GF subscriber, so I just assumed they used sleeve envelopes like Netflix, which never chip the discs. I wonder why they use cardboard?[/QUOTE]

Games are like 50x more expensive than DVD movies, so Gamefly has more incentive to protect their products during transit. Netflix probably assumes more risk having their discs shipped unpadded, but the cost of replacing or repairing them would be far less.

It's highly unlikely that the sleeve design is what causes the chips. As we all know, Netflix has much less protection and I have never once received a single chipped DVD from Netflix.

It's known that GF resurfaces their discs, and a lot of those machines have a tendency of causing more damage than good. The discs may look great and play for the most part, but the side effect is these chips. Can't be positive on that, but it's highly likely.

Hoping for a $9.99 Lego Harry 5-7 360! I kind of wish they'd put some 3DS games on sale too... is most of the ones they had hit $14.99-$17.99, I'd probably snap them up... especially Cave Story.

bread's done
Back