GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
If ico/sotc drops to 15 thats not a bad game to flip for a little profit, tradein is 14 at BB and with bonus could get as much as 22

Blazblue Continum PS3 $13
Prince of Persia Trilogy PS3 $13
Tekken Hybrid ps3 $13
Team Ico Collectoin ps3 $18
Capcom Digital Collectoin 360 $18

[quote name='GUNNM']^ why did none of those HD collections come on xbox? :([/QUOTE]

Well for starters, ICO/SotC, God of War and Jak and Daxter are all Sony IPs.

Wish I had less of those Capcom Classics. Only ones I don't have are Super Puzzle Fighter, 1942, Rockemen, and Wolf Commando. Don't really want to pay about $5 for each of those last 3.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Ico/Shadow is a steal. Especially if you have a 3d TV. Shadow in 3d is one of the most amazing gaming experiences I've had in a long time.[/QUOTE]

Awesome to hear about the 3d, didnt even know it had that.

Too bad gamefly shipping is slow, prolly wont get till late next week and im off all week :p

[quote name='TheHelix']Ughh tempted to get PoP Trilogy. Must resist.[/QUOTE]

For $13 I'd say go for it. Coming in new to the series, I had an excellent time with the first game. Haven't played the other 2.

I bought ICO/SotC on launch, the only thing that bothered me is that the grip system in SotC felt noticeably different than the PS2 game I was used to, and not in a good way. I wonder if they ever did anything about this.

I remember playing the first PoP back in the day in '03 and I had a blast. Def one of the most memorable platforming experiences I've ever had. Tempted to pick this HD collection up but I've never played the sequels. Are they worth checking out?

KOF is tempting, but the price for it nearly everywhere is $30 right now so I feel I can wait for it to go possibly below $15. Capcom Digital Collection is a bit of the wild card in purchasing though.

[quote name='Huda_man21']I remember playing the first PoP back in the day in '03 and I had a blast. Def one of the most memorable platforming experiences I've ever had. Tempted to pick this HD collection up but I've never played the sequels. Are they worth checking out?[/QUOTE]

This quote has made me feel extremely old for the night. Thanks for that!

Also tempted by Tekken Hybrid, but unsure if want.

Good selection today. Tekken Hybrid is worth it for 12.99 movie and a game and a half.

Anyone think the music CDs might come with the KOF? If they did I'd bite, but I doubt it.

Also, I know PoP Sands of Time is a masterpiece, what about the other two? I heard they're very weak in comparison.

[quote name='Turbojugend']Well for starters, ICO/SotC, God of War and Jak and Daxter are all Sony IPs.[/QUOTE]
PoP, lara croft, splinter cell?

well was told to rejoin and my rewards would be readded (the 3 month 10% off deal)

so i rejoin and was told i had to wait 30 days for the level 3 to get added WTF

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Good selection today. Tekken Hybrid is worth it for 12.99 movie and a game and a half.

Anyone think the music CDs might come with the KOF? If they did I'd bite, but I doubt it.

Also, I know PoP Sands of Time is a masterpiece, what about the other two? I heard they're very weak in comparison.[/QUOTE]
Warrior Within if I remember playing through it back in the day was just really angsty because the Prince had out of no where become a total douche bag. It lacked the charm of the first game and I just remember it playing Godsmack NONSTOP whenever you're in the damn chase sequence. The third one was alright, it was a bit in between the second and third one as far as gameplay and story is concerned. Though playing as the Dark Prince with the stealth kill QTE was stupid annoying.

[quote name='bardockkun']Warrior Within if I remember playing through it back in the day was just really angsty because the Prince had out of no where become a total douche bag. It lacked the charm of the first game and I just remember it playing Godsmack NONSTOP whenever you're in the damn chase sequence. The third one was alright, it was a bit in between the second and third one as far as gameplay and story is concerned. Though playing as the Dark Prince with the stealth kill QTE was stupid annoying.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it sounds like I'd only really enjoy SoT. I'll wait for it cheaper then.

I thoroughly enjoyed PoP sands, WW was pretty terrible, and I loved thrones. But yeah I could NEVER figure out where I was going and kept going in circles in WW. As others mentioned its got godsmack the whole.freaking.time

Picked up the Capcom Digital Collection. It'll probably be cheap down the line at Gamestop anyways, but eh. about $19 after tax shipped for 8 XBLA games is a good deal. Beats the originally $40 pricetag. Holding off on Tekken until Gamestop drops the LE to $19.99, same with KoF since I know stores around here still have the version with the cds.

Gamefly gets another $48 of my money. Got Ico/SotC, tekken, and Blazblue.

Looking forward to playing Sotc. I tried it when it first came out on PS3 and I guess I was expecting something that it isnt, and gave up after 30 minutes. Now I know different.

Thanks!!

[quote name='Gamer_Boy14']If Tekken comes with the movie, then that's a steal. It could be on the same disc, not sure.[/QUOTE]
It's not a steal when you actually watch the movie. Unless you feel like good time stolen from your life, in which case yes.

[quote name='tylerh1701']For $13 I'd say go for it. Coming in new to the series, I had an excellent time with the first game. Haven't played the other 2.[/QUOTE]

70 game backlog and I need gas money part of me said no sadly.

[quote name='bardockkun']It's not a steal when you actually watch the movie. Unless you feel like good time stolen from your life, in which case yes.[/QUOTE]

Is it that bad? I was calling it a steal since it's a 3D film and they generally go no less than $20. How is the movie though? I'm really curious.

[quote name='Gamer_Boy14']Is it that bad? I was calling it a steal since it's a 3D film and they generally go no less than $20. How is the movie though? I'm really curious.[/QUOTE]

Visually stunning. If you're a Tekken fan you'll enjoy it. Although only about 12 of the characters make it in the movie. Lee Chaolan steals the show with his hilarity. However, the final 20 minutes really make the movie where everyone turns super saiyan (Devil) and dukes it out in the air.

Got Prince of persia and ICO/SOTC

Had both at one point and got rid of them before getting much chance to play them at the time. Time to give them a real try this time

30 bucks for 5 classic games is awesome.

That Ico/SotC is so mine!!!! Been waiting for nice price drop for months. Thinking of getting the Playstation 3D display in couple weeks. Anybody had good experience with the display?

[quote name='Gamer_Boy14']Is it that bad? I was calling it a steal since it's a 3D film and they generally go no less than $20. How is the movie though? I'm really curious.[/QUOTE]
Basically it's like that Resident Evil: Degeneration CG movie where it's alot of pretty visuals, but there really is like no story or meaning to anything that's happening. That and you start to notice things on multiple viewings like how they rarely have more then two to three people on screen. Like if you're a CRAZY hardcore fan and just happy to see abunch of "pre-rendered Tekken ending quality" movie for more then just one minute you'll enjoy it, but it's just eye dressing.

bread's done
Back