GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GUNNM']PoP, lara croft, splinter cell?[/QUOTE]

The Xbox 360 already had all three tomb raider releases, so there was really no reason for it. Both Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary were never released on the PS3, so there was a need for the collection. As for PoP and Splinter Cell, not really sure.

Ugh... I just paid almost twice that for KoF XIII, but I suppose it was worth it. That's a great game. You shouldn't hesitate if you have a passing interest in fighters.

Give it some time and get familiar with the system. I think it's more interesting than Street Fighter or BlazBlue.

[quote name='TheHelix']Ughh tempted to get PoP Trilogy. Must resist.[/QUOTE]

Don't do it...you get three games but two of them still have game-breaking glitches and audio problems are abundant across the board. Or, well, if you really want to play them, do it, since you're technically buying used and not supporting Ubisoft for their joke collections.

[quote name='Prismatico']Don't do it...you get three games but two of them still have game-breaking glitches and audio problems are abundant across the board. Or, well, if you really want to play them, do it, since you're technically buying used and not supporting Ubisoft for their joke collections.[/QUOTE]

That's funny, if they're so game breaking then how come all sites have given this an 8.0 or 80% and higher?

You don't suppose it's possible they fixed those yet do you? You know, seeing as the ps3 has a wireless network card in it?

HMMMM Ico/SotC is damn tempting but i've got enough stuff I haven't played already. It's a remake of 2 great old games, it'll drop to this level again.

[quote name='skycat561']hmm...Doctor Lautrec & Sonic Generations arent showing those prices for me right now :([/QUOTE]
Because Cheapy kinda slacks off on updating the first page by the middle of the week or so.

[quote name='bardockkun']Because Cheapy kinda slacks off on updating the first page by the middle of the week or so.[/QUOTE]

I think he deliberately delays updating the first page, seeing as how as soon as he does Slick Deals copies it and all games sell out faster than if just CAGs had bought them.

[quote name='dmdragon']That's funny, if they're so game breaking then how come all sites have given this an 8.0 or 80% and higher?

You don't suppose it's possible they fixed those yet do you? You know, seeing as the ps3 has a wireless network card in it?[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for all of the games.. but surround sound being completely broken in Sands of Time was enough to deter me from playing it. The low volume dialogue and no subtitles didn't help either.. and AFAIK the issues weren't fixed. The original releases were superior.

Got Ico/SotC.. then as checking out I realized Gamefly still has my CC info saved from a previous order and I can't find a way to delete it. Is there a way to do it online or do I have to call them?

I didn't manage to get the PoP Trilogy before it sold out, and I'm questioning if I should if the same glitches are present. I never finished WW because I got all the way to the end and the game breaking glitch caught me, so I never went back because it frustrated me enough once.

bought pop trilogy from tru when it was 19.99 and traded it in to bb the next day. terrible port. in order to make it widescreen it looked like they just zoomed in the camera. very disappointed in that one.

[quote name='darkskill']Got Ico/SotC.. then as checking out I realized Gamefly still has my CC info saved from a previous order and I can't find a way to delete it. Is there a way to do it online or do I have to call them?[/QUOTE]

I went back and forth with them over dozens of emails about this. They will not delete it no matter what you do. They will disable your account if you want but then you have to re email them and wait for them to reactivate your account if you ever want to order from them again and on top of that the cc info is still saved even while your account is disabled. Pisses me off so much that they refuse to do something so basic as delete your cc info when you request them to.

[quote name='thenutman69321']I went back and forth with them over dozens of emails about this. They will not delete it no matter what you do. They will disable your account if you want but then you have to re email them and wait for them to reactivate your account if you ever want to order from them again and on top of that the cc info is still saved even while your account is disabled. Pisses me off so much that they refuse to do something so basic as delete your cc info when you request them to.[/QUOTE]

That's... unfortunate. They didn't make it clear they would be permanently storing my info when I purchased something from them. Hmmm. I hope they don't get hacked anytime soon.

is blazblue continuum shift worth it at 12.99? didnt they just make a new version?

ico I can wait for it to drop a bit more, single player only with limited replay + my big backlog = waiting.

[quote name='Bosamba']I think he deliberately delays updating the first page, seeing as how as soon as he does Slick Deals copies it and all games sell out faster than if just CAGs had bought them.[/QUOTE]
I Really doubt that's the reason honestly. It's not that hard to go to the Gamefly website at 8ET and click under free shipping to see what's on the cheap. Or even easier, just check Gamefly's Twitter at that time. I Really just want Cheapy to update just so I know if any deals tomorrow or not.
[quote name='the_ENEMY_']is blazblue continuum shift worth it at 12.99? didnt they just make a new version?

ico I can wait for it to drop a bit more, single player only with limited replay + my big backlog = waiting.[/QUOTE]

Yup, Blazblue: CS Extend

so what does everyone think about Blazblue: CS? I played CT and it wasn't bad, but it didn't seem like anything special compared to the 100 other fighters on the ps3, and I never found a fighter I really liked. I just abused the guy who uses ice with the cheese.

[quote name='dmdragon']That's funny, if they're so game breaking then how come all sites have given this an 8.0 or 80% and higher?

You don't suppose it's possible they fixed those yet do you? You know, seeing as the ps3 has a wireless network card in it?[/QUOTE]

They didn't fix them, and what makes it worse is that they have fixed them for a previous re-release, but since I believe all they did was update some textures here, that didn't happen and we got stuck with 8 year old glitches and some new ones.

Besides, it's painfully obvious that reviewers don't actually replay all of the games in many of those HD Collection reviews. This was also the case for Silent Hill recently; some reviews make no mention of the obvious framerate problems, audio sync, etc. Don't just look at reviews, check out a message board for 5 minutes or so like on GameFAQs and see that many of the topics are about technical problems with the game.

This is not some elitist nitpicking thing, I did all I could to avoid the Warrior Within sandwraith glitch (completely ruins your save), including keeping more saves, and it still happened each time and I never backtracked at all. Backtracking is said to be the main cause of it, but what happened to me was that a lever to advance the room never loaded, so I died to restart the checkpoint but it gave me a blank screen. Upon reloading my save, I was in sandwraith mode which leaves you helpless as your health constantly declines...so yeah, save is ruined. I went to a save an hour or so before and the same thing happened.

The first and third were not broken during my playthroughs, but the audio was jarring every now and then with strange glitches similar to the Splinter Cell HD Collection. Still, there is definitely a corrupt save glitch in Sands of Time that some have experienced, and no, it wasn't fixed with a patch. Patches cost money both to make and to get certified for release. These were cash grabs with smaller print runs, why would they bother when they already got the profits they were expecting?

Well, I was happy with the ICO/SotC Collection, and if we're just talking difficulty, it's not that hard of a game to beat. To complete, on the other hand...

For whatever reason, in Shadow, they decided to adjust general grip effectiveness and other slight mechanics so it technically is more difficult than it used to be. This is only an issue if you're going to go for the hard time trials, really, but it makes it one of the tougher platinums out there.

i missed out on the deals, I've been after a sonic generations deal and metal gear would have been nice at 17.99. Oh well i'll keep checking around there and amazon for some deals. I wonder if Gamefly will be selling vita games cheap in the near future ?

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']games today arent hard. they have checkpoints and all that.

beat a game like battletoads then we'll talk.[/QUOTE]

LOL Nice
I mentioned that to a friend recently when he told me games like halo/gears/COD when he beat those cuz of his "uber" skills. I told him to beat the first two contras then he could brag and take the title of gaming master.

wtf! why is Ico/SotC showing up as 35.99 buy price :(

Edit: Nevermind. I'm an idiot. That's the "new" price. I must have missed it. Would have got this and PoP Trilogy, but the first post didn't update so I thought they didn't update their sales for the night. Ah well, hopefully they'll repeat eventually.

[quote name='Zmonkay']wtf! why is Ico/SotC showing up as 35.99 buy price :(

Edit: Nevermind. I'm an idiot. That's the "new" price. I must have missed it. Would have got this and PoP Trilogy, but the first post didn't update so I thought they didn't update their sales for the night. Ah well, hopefully they'll repeat eventually.[/QUOTE]

Both are still showing up on sale for me... Ico/SotC is still $17 and PoP is $13...

You still have a chance!

had to get in for the capcom digital collection!! Big fan of physical copy games. Puzzle Fighter and Magic sword are two of my favorite arcade style games!

[quote name='squishface']LOL Nice
I mentioned that to a friend recently when he told me games like halo/gears/COD when he beat those cuz of his "uber" skills. I told him to beat the first two contras then he could brag and take the title of gaming master.[/QUOTE]

Lol I see your point but really bad example. Contras are very easy to beat compared to some NES games, I used to do it as a small child.

[quote name='Prismatico']For whatever reason, in Shadow, they decided to adjust general grip effectiveness and other slight mechanics so it technically is more difficult than it used to be. This is only an issue if you're going to go for the hard time trials, really, but it makes it one of the tougher platinums out there.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I was referring to. I beat the original PS2 version at least twice and had a pretty good feel for the game, so when I got to the third Colossus in HD Collection I had to ask myself what the hell was going on. I checked a few boards and a lot of people were saying the same thing. Some have said that SotC is based on the Euro version that has the same grip effectiveness, I have no idea if this is true or not.

Not that I'm saying ICO/SotC isn't worth this price, because it absolutely is and then some. SotC feels slightly less satisying with the looser/shorter grip mechanics, but on the other hand you do get a vastly improved framerate.

[quote name='thenutman69321']Contras are very easy to beat compared to some NES games, I used to do it as a small child.[/QUOTE]

Konami code enabled or no?

Anyone know if the Capcom Digital Collection makes you download the games off the disc or anything weird like that? Or do the games play straight off the disc?

[quote name='bardockkun']I Really doubt that's the reason honestly. It's not that hard to go to the Gamefly website at 8ET and click under free shipping to see what's on the cheap. Or even easier, just check Gamefly's Twitter at that time. I Really just want Cheapy to update just so I know if any deals tomorrow or not.[/QUOTE]

It's not Cheapy's responsibility to ensure that you know about every single deal that is available. If he misses one so what, it's not the end of the world. If it's so easy for him to check the deals why can't you just do the same? The trend for Gamefly is they will have deals Monday-Thursday with the last deals of the week going through the weekend.

[quote name='smarkbran']Anyone know if the Capcom Digital Collection makes you download the games off the disc or anything weird like that? Or do the games play straight off the disc?[/QUOTE]
The disc would be abused if you could download them off of the disc

[quote name='GUNNM']The disc would be abused if you could download them off of the disc[/QUOTE]
True, I guess I am asking because I recently got High Velocity Bowling for PS3 (disc version) and it requires you to download it to the system but has to be played with the disc in the drive.

Twitter is updating again:

Madden NFL 11 (X360) Only $7.99! http://social.gamefly.com/uq3 Offer Good While Supplies Last or Until 5PM PST 5/14

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (PS3) Only $12.99! http://social.gamefly.com/jNs Offer Good While Supplies Last or Until 5PM PST 5/14

Tekken Hybrid (PS3) Only $12.99! http://social.gamefly.com/C7Q Offer Good While Supplies Last or Until 5PM PST 5/14

Prince of Persia Trilogy HD (PS3) Only $12.99! http://social.gamefly.com/vq1 Offer Good While Supplies Last or Until 5PM PST 5/14

Capcom Digital Collection (X360) Only $17.99! http://social.gamefly.com/73h Offer Good While Supplies Last or Until 5PM PST 5/14

ICO & Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) Only $17.99! http://social.gamefly.com/MGQ Offer Good While Supplies Last or Until 5PM PST 5/14

King of Fighters XIII (X360) Only $17.99! http://social.gamefly.com/Uww Offer Good While Supplies Last or Until 5PM PST 5/14

[quote name='thenutman69321']Lol I see your point but really bad example. Contras are very easy to beat compared to some NES games, I used to do it as a small child.[/QUOTE]
Beat Contra 1 without inputting the Konami Code and let's see if you still have the same opinion haha

[quote name='MiTYH']Twitter is updating again:

Madden NFL 11 (X360) Only $7.99! http://social.gamefly.com/uq3 Offer Good While Supplies Last or Until 5PM PST 5/14

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (PS3) Only $12.99! http://social.gamefly.com/jNs Offer Good While Supplies Last or Until 5PM PST 5/14

Tekken Hybrid (PS3) Only $12.99! http://social.gamefly.com/C7Q Offer Good While Supplies Last or Until 5PM PST 5/14

Prince of Persia Trilogy HD (PS3) Only $12.99! http://social.gamefly.com/vq1 Offer Good While Supplies Last or Until 5PM PST 5/14[/QUOTE]
Yeah, we knew of those deals last night.

[quote name='bardockkun']Yeah, we knew of those deals last night.[/QUOTE]

Whoops, sorry! Didn't see it updated by Cheapy so I figured some were new

[quote name='MiTYH']Whoops, sorry! Didn't see it updated by Cheapy so I figured some were new[/QUOTE]

Yeah he's behind on updating the OP.

Got Rayman and HP 5-7, both ps3, today. Chipped as usual. I always get my games from the PA distribution center, im wonder if maybe its only this distribution center with the chipping problem?

Got my Silent Hill HD collection in last night. Perfect condition minus a fingerprint on the disk and one tiny chip. Case and everything else perfect condition as always.

bread's done
Back