GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aaronrodgers']Did anyone here order KOF XIII from GF? if so, did the soundtrack come with it?[/QUOTE]

I just received the 360 version, and I am sad to say, no it did NOT come with the soundtrack. Still worth it IMO.

[quote name='MasaTFC']am i seeing thing or is this deja deal from last week?[/QUOTE]
Cheapy mentioned they'd be reruns.

Sigh.. why couldn't they have just sold more of these Halos back when they had it on sale the first time? Or why couldn't they put it up a few more days ago before I had actually gone and picked up a $20ish dollar copy from Toys R Us. =)

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']Why doesn't the :360: get Silent Hill Collection love?[/QUOTE]

Because thats the one that is probably more in demand for rentals. PS3 version is horrid.

[quote name='Gosha']Because thats the one that is probably more in demand for rentals. PS3 version is horrid.[/QUOTE]

They might have overstocked the PS3 version thinking it would maintain higher demand like Metal Gear did last year. Pretty much everyone agrees that 3 is a mess on both systems, and from what I played the framerate has problems on PS3 in both 2 and 3.

One is more horrid than the other, but they're both horrid ports.

[quote name='rbanez']The Dead Island:ps3: order i bought for $15 arrived today w/ Silent Hill: Downpour:ps3: copy inside the DI cover. Is that a good or a bad thing?:D I will just inform their cs tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I've never heard of that. If you can get $30 for Downpour, I'd just sell it and try to grab Dead Island again at some point.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Did anyone here order KOF XIII from GF? if so, did the soundtrack come with it?[/QUOTE]
I ordered the PS3 version and just got mine today. No soundtrack. :'(

Man, can't decide if I should get Dead Island for PS3 or Xbox 360. Lense of Truth shows they're pretty much equal in terms of graphics. @_@ My ps3 backlog is much bigger than my 360 one. XD Maybe use that as a reference point? Anyone have suggestions?

[quote name='Tonious']Man, can't decide if I should get Dead Island for PS3 or Xbox 360. Lense of Truth shows they're pretty much equal in terms of graphics. @_@ My ps3 backlog is much bigger than my 360 one. XD Maybe use that as a reference point? Anyone have suggestions?[/QUOTE]

See my sig, but according to Lens of Truth and Digital Foundry Playstation 3 looks better but Xbox 360 has a more consistent performance.

[quote name='Bosamba']See my sig, but according to Lens of Truth and Digital Foundry Playstation 3 looks better but Xbox 360 has a more consistent performance.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, going for 360 then.

[quote name='MasaTFC']am i seeing thing or is this deja deal from last week?[/QUOTE]

They're reruns, lol. I took a nap, and woke up to see the deals posted. Thought I was still sleeping, lol.

I have to send back my PS3 copy of Dead Island I got on Saturday. There are 2 cracks in the center ring, the game seems to play fine (it loaded up at least), but I am worried about the crack spreading and/or the disc breaking apart while spinning in my PS3.

My understanding is that Gamefly only does a refund, is this correct?

I went ahead and re-bought since it is still on sale, and didn't want to wait for GF customer service to get back to me and for the sale to be over by that time.

[quote name='MiTYH']MASSIVE BLOWOUT OF FAILS WITH FREE SHIPPING!

Includes (some, not all since there are so many):
4.99 Duke Nukem
9.99 Dues Ex
9.99 Rage
14.99 Portal 2
14.99 Uncharted 2
14.99 Catherine
14.99 Sonic Generations
14.99 AC: Brotherhood

AND MORE! Good until 5/21

http://view.emails.gamefly.com/?j=f...378721d&jb=ffce15&ju=fe5a157170600c7f7c13&r=0

EDIT: Damn, Cheapy beat me to it with a new thread. As expected![/QUOTE]

fixed

Hmm I played The Run for the hour from my PS+ trial.

I would have to replay that hour but thinking about just keeping it since it came in the mail yesterday. Haven't seen it any lower then $13

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wow, I've never heard of that. If you can get $30 for Downpour, I'd just sell it and try to grab Dead Island again at some point.[/QUOTE]

yeah, at first i was like "what the fuck is this crap?". Then after a few moments i realized i was thinking about Homecoming and downpour is the latest SH game.

I have not beaten the game and so far Downpour is pretty good. Most of the time its not scary but the story keeps me going thru this game.

Got mt SotC today, in excellent condition except it had those chips on the edges that everyones always talking about. The game works fine but I probably buy from them anymore due to those chips, kinda hurts the resale value.

[quote name='darkskill']Got mt SotC today, in excellent condition except it had those chips on the edges that everyones always talking about. The game works fine but I probably buy from them anymore due to those chips, kinda hurts the resale value.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure who you resale to, but the difference of selling "Used - Like New" and "Used - Good" on places like Amazon may be a few cents at the most.

Plus, I would have never noticed or questioned the chips if it hadn't been pointed out here. I don't trade in much to Best Buy or Gamestop, maybe they're super inspectors when it comes to trade ins?

The price difference usually isn't a few cents... and Amazon sellers are often pretty bad at describing items. He's probably talking about eBay.

I dunno though; a user here has a whole album devoted to showing the chips. 5 out of 5 discs he got had chips, and even on a relatively low resolution camera you can REALLY see them. I'm still waiting for a deal I can't pass up to test my luck with GF though, since I've never purchased from them yet (tried once, but they had CC input issues and kinda screwed me over).

[quote name='Idiotekque']The price difference usually isn't a few cents... and Amazon sellers are often pretty bad at describing items. He's probably talking about eBay.

I dunno though; a user here has a whole album devoted to showing the chips. 5 out of 5 discs he got had chips, and even on a relatively low resolution camera you can REALLY see them. I'm still waiting for a deal I can't pass up to test my luck with GF though, since I've never purchased from them yet (tried once, but they had CC input issues and kinda screwed me over).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if I were to sell this game I'd have to disclose that there are chips on the disc, and physical damage to the disc like that would probably make most people want to not buy from me, unless the price was super low. If the gamefly page said "disc is chipped but guaranteed to work" I probably wouldn't have bought it, but I took a chance.

Not a huge deal though, I'm still happy with the game.

Finally decided to jump on The Run since I already had it here. Haven't seen it any lower and I enjoyed what I played of it during my trial.

Will just have to replay that first hour or so.

That correct my friend, unfortunately for me. And it's actually 5 separate orders of 1 game each, too.

[quote name='Idiotekque']The price difference usually isn't a few cents... and Amazon sellers are often pretty bad at describing items. He's probably talking about eBay.

I dunno though; a user here has a whole album devoted to showing the chips. 5 out of 5 discs he got had chips, and even on a relatively low resolution camera you can REALLY see them. I'm still waiting for a deal I can't pass up to test my luck with GF though, since I've never purchased from them yet (tried once, but they had CC input issues and kinda screwed me over).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']

I saw that too, some have suggested certain distribution centers have issues. Just to maybe put your mind at ease a bit. I've ordered probably around 20 games from GF in 20 different orders. Never had a single chip or major scratch and many looked brand new.

[quote name='Investor']That correct my friend, unfortunately for me. And it's actually 5 separate orders of 1 game each, too.[/QUOTE]

Did all those games still work? From the pics they don't look super bad but it's hard to tell.

I think one of the pics said the disc didn't work.

And I've heard about lots of people with issues, and lots of people with no issues. I'm just waiting for the right game to come around till I try my luck. Problem is last time I tried to order from them, they wouldn't accept my card (which works everywhere else; it's a Visa ffs). Dealing with support was hell, they rammed down my throat that I put the info in wrong, which I didn't. Finally they checked their logs and realized I didn't put anything in wrong, and they couldn't even tell me why it didn't work. Then they call me at 5 in the morning on my cell trying to help me work things out, and they just tell me "oh yeah, the sale you were trying to buy from is expired and we can't price match the price you were buying it for". Kinda said fuck it and moved on at that point, but I'd try again maybe if something really worthwhile came along. I almost caved for Dead Island, but I think I'd rather wait for the GOTY edition to come out.

We all know that their games are chipped. We all do. But they still work, and even if they don't, you'll get your money back so I guess I don't understand why it's such a huge issue. If you like your games in mint condition, you don't need to be buying rental copies.

You're right that we don't need to be buying used discs, but we do have the right to purchase used discs without all the fucking chips on them. Everyone here has purchased used games from Amazon to Best Buy to Gamestop and a dozen other places, and none of them have chips all on the discs, so stop your elitest comment and don't patronise us. There is NOTHING wrong with Gamefly selling off the used, chipped discs. But Gamefly should just put a warning label on their website and disclose the chips just like how all responsible parties here would disclose the chips in all of their trades and for sell games.

Thenutman. There is no way that all 20 of your discs from Gamefly don't have chips on them. Just look at them again, and run you fingers on the outer edges. Trust me when I tell you that they are there. And if the games have been working for you, and doesn't affect your PS3 mechanics in anyway, then everything is fine. Some of us don't want chips on our games, used or not. And in my case, 2 of the 5 games from Gamefly didn't work at all on my PS3.

[quote name='Survivalism']We all know that their games are chipped. We all do. But they still work, and even if they don't, you'll get your money back so I guess I don't understand why it's such a huge issue. If you like your games in mint condition, you don't need to be buying rental copies.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thenutman69321']I saw that too, some have suggested certain distribution centers have issues. Just to maybe put your mind at ease a bit. I've ordered probably around 20 games from GF in 20 different orders. Never had a single chip or major scratch and many looked brand new.

Did all those games still work? From the pics they don't look super bad but it's hard to tell.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bobsmith65']Is X-Men really as bad as the reviews say? Thinking about pulling the trigger for 9.99....[/QUOTE]

It's not broken or anything, it's just a sub-par to average brawler. Ten bucks is the same cost as many XBLA games, so it may be the right price for an X-Men fan. I definitely wouldn't pay much more.

[quote name='Investor']Everyone here has purchased used games from Amazon to Best Buy to Gamestop and a dozen other places, and none of them have chips all on the discs, so stop your elitest comment and don't patronise us.[/QUOTE]

No not everyone so stop your comments trying to speak for everyone. I have never purchased a game from Amazon or Best Buy but I have purchased plenty from GS. I could take any random game from GS and put it up against any random game from GF that I've purchased and 100% of the time the GF disc is in better condition.

[quote name='Investor']Thenutman. There is no way that all 20 of your discs from Gamefly don't have chips on them. Just look at them again, and run you fingers on the outer edges. Trust me when I tell you that they are there.[/QUOTE]

Again, please stop trying to speak for everyone, especially about something you know nothing about. You haven't seen my discs, I have, trust me when I tell you I have never had a single chip. They are not there on a single one of my orders.

Must depend on the distribution center. GF's resurfacing machines must be prone to do that, but some of the machines (at certain centers) are working fine and never cause the chips. I can assure everyone that it's not the shipping or handling of the discs that causes the chips, it's from a machine.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm not sure who you resale to, but the difference of selling "Used - Like New" and "Used - Good" on places like Amazon may be a few cents at the most.

Plus, I would have never noticed or questioned the chips if it hadn't been pointed out here. I don't trade in much to Best Buy or Gamestop, maybe they're super inspectors when it comes to trade ins?[/QUOTE]
puts alot of wear and tear on the drive big time. also i would get stuff returned on me and hate mail then all the neg feedback ruins future sales. common sense lacks about gf sending like this in this thread. i would list these as acceptable only with chips pointed out in desc. i hate how people and companies try to hide things for more profit. being cheap is fine but whenyour drive or xbox goes do not complain. itdoes not take a genius to know the chips are bad for many reasons.....

[quote name='thenutman69321']No not everyone so stop your comments trying to speak for everyone. I have never purchased a game from Amazon or Best Buy but I have purchased plenty from GS. I could take any random game from GS and put it up against any random game from GF that I've purchased and 100% of the time the GF disc is in better condition.

Again, please stop trying to speak for everyone, especially about something you know nothing about. You haven't seen my discs, I have, trust me when I tell you I have never had a single chip. They are not there on a single one of my orders.[/QUOTE]
depends on hub and you are speaking for everyone to it seems....

Just want to add that at least 33% of the used games I have purchased from gamestop.com do not work. I would gladly take a chipped gamefly disc + complete package + unused dlc code over gamestop at the same price, no contest really. And gamestop.com doesn't refund shipping instore for broken games.
But maybe I've just been extremely unlucky with gamestop

[quote name='tylerh1701'] I don't trade in much to Best Buy or Gamestop, maybe they're super inspectors when it comes to trade ins?[/QUOTE]

When I did a trade in at my local Best Buy a week or so ago, they opened the games to make sure the right game was in the case and looked on the back for scratches, but that was it. I doubt they would have noticed the small chips, but maybe a good sized one.

[quote name='Investor']You're right that we don't need to be buying used discs, but we do have the right to purchase used discs without all the fucking chips on them. Everyone here has purchased used games from Amazon to Best Buy to Gamestop and a dozen other places, and none of them have chips all on the discs, so stop your elitest comment and don't patronise us. There is NOTHING wrong with Gamefly selling off the used, chipped discs. But Gamefly should just put a warning label on their website and disclose the chips just like how all responsible parties here would disclose the chips in all of their trades and for sell games.

Thenutman. There is no way that all 20 of your discs from Gamefly don't have chips on them. Just look at them again, and run you fingers on the outer edges. Trust me when I tell you that they are there. And if the games have been working for you, and doesn't affect your PS3 mechanics in anyway, then everything is fine. Some of us don't want chips on our games, used or not. And in my case, 2 of the 5 games from Gamefly didn't work at all on my PS3.[/QUOTE]

Not all of their games have chips. I buy games from Gamefly all the time and probably went about 20 (if not more) in a row without chips. That being said, my luck ran out. Of the last 5 or so, 4 of them had bad ones.

[quote name='vherub']Just want to add that at least 33% of the used games I have purchased from gamestop.com do not work. I would gladly take a chipped gamefly disc + complete package + unused dlc code over gamestop at the same price, no contest really. And gamestop.com doesn't refund shipping instore for broken games.
But maybe I've just been extremely unlucky with gamestop[/QUOTE]
33%? Yikes. I only buy in store when it comes to GameStop and I always inspect the disc before handing them my money. Never come across any problems.

[quote name='Idiotekque']33%? Yikes. I only buy in store when it comes to GameStop and I always inspect the disc before handing them my money. Never come across any problems.[/QUOTE]

Yep, GameStop is perfect for that. Most of the time the discs I get in-store from GameStop are in better condition than GameFly, but that's because I thoroughly inspect them first and can choose from multiple copies. You can't do that with GameFly. But if we're comparing GameStop.com to GameFly, then GameFly wins hands down.

Yeah, Ico/SotC is probably my last purchase from GameFly. They were amazing while on the holiday sale, discs came basically new and ever since the new year they have been sending chipped discs. Think it's time for me to move on seeing as it won't change because even though customer service is great and they take back games free, I want the damn game and no exchange sucks.

bread's done
Back