Gamefly Daily Deals - Cities XL 2012 $13.59, Expansion $5.10 (PC)

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
All used games in the sale come with free shipping. Games come complete with manual, case, and online passes.
(If you don't see an option to BUY the game but only to RENT it along with "keep for $$$" on its page, than it is no longer available for purchase without a subscription as they currently only have enough copies marked for rental purposes. Be sure to check back in on this thread or the site itself as titles do come back in stock. In my experience, games get restocked around 10AM - 2PM EDT but YMMV.)

:pc:Cities XL 2012 $13.59
:pc:Cities XL 2012 Expansion $5.10

This post is wikified, feel free to update as new deals come out.

Link to Gamefly's twitter feed
Link to Gamefly's store page, sorted by price/free shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sietingz3']Decided to keep Battlefield 3. Do game's that have online passes come with them after you buy them?[/QUOTE]
Yup, you'll get everything it's supposed to come with, so the online code will definitely be there.

[quote name='Sietingz3']Decided to keep Battlefield 3. Do game's that have online passes come with them after you buy them?[/QUOTE]

Yes, all of the game that need a pass for online play comes with a pass when you buy it from them!

[quote name='thenutman69321']That sucks. GS never rejects discs from me and I've brought in some really crappy ones before. Only thing they've done is take like $1 off the trade for a resurfacing fee or something.

Games I buy from GS are always in the worst condition of any used game place I've ever shopped at.[/QUOTE]

That's funny.

1) They buy my most beat up games!
2) Wow they sell some beat up stuff.

Me = Uhh.... yeah... uhh...

Got my copy of :ps3: Catherine today. The disc felt gritty, so I took a closer look at the label. It looked like disc had been put it the resurfacing machine upside down, and the label got the full treatment. I went to wipe it off with the white tshirt I was wearing (stupid idea) and the black and pink label ink smeared all over my shirt.

The data side of the disc is flawless, however.

This game ended up costing me a shirt, but even if you factor that in to the price, it was still a good deal.

I wanted to quote you because I think people are misunderstanding your question. You already have the disc for BF3, right? And you are using the Keep It button to buy it? So you want to know if the code/pass will be shipped to you or whatever, right?

I created an account and purchased 2 of about 4 different games. All were canceled. Never had a GameFly account before creating this initial account. WTF? :\

I made a free trial account and added BF3 to my gameQ but it says not for sale. Do I have to wait for it to be sent out before I can keep it? Also if I do pick keep it will the online pass be sent? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='XDAO_ROMANS']I made a free trial account and added BF3 to my gameQ but it says not for sale. Do I have to wait for it to be sent out before I can keep it? Also if I do pick keep it will the online pass be sent? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Yes to both!! Hope they ship it to you soon!

[quote name='Zmonkay']Woah really? That must be new. One GS near me was (the only one I would buy from because of it) but that's cuz the manager was awesome and actually professional. Most other GS's I've gotten stuff from I have to check the discs for scratches myself. Haven't bought much lately though, so maybe that's changed.[/QUOTE]
Well, I never trade in games, and the few times I have the employees have really looked hard at the discs and either said "no, this is too scratched up" or "you get a lower price for this because of the scratches". I've gotten a lot of mint discs from my GameStops though and I've never gotten a game that didn't play.

Maybe my GameStop is smarter than the average bear.

[quote name='Vigilante']My BF3 arrived today, just in time for me to trade it in to BBY on Sunday for $29.40 after 110% bonus. ;)[/QUOTE]

My BF3 arrived today, too. Just in time for me to play it.

Aside from some gunk (shoe mud, hamburger meat, or... poop?) that I cleaned off of the front of the multiplayer disc, everything was in mint condition. No chips, no scratches.

[quote name='affa']how does one get a free month trial?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='oldschool990']star the free trail...[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. I don't even think it matters if you use a special promo code when you sign up. I'm always seeing a different code being mentioned in the commercials.

I also received Battlefield 3 today, looks mint. :cool:

[quote name='parrothead87']Bought probably about 10 or so games with them, most came through Pittsburgh and never had a problem[/QUOTE]

I was worried about my Halo disk being chipped, but my Dist. Center is also Pittsburgh so I guess I'll be okay.

those of you who joined by free trial just to "keep it"

how long did it take for them ship out your very first game? im curious because i want catherine, but i dont want to waste a free trial if they're just going to ship it out tuesday after the sale is over.

[quote name='hooker with a wenis']those of you who joined by free trial just to "keep it"

how long did it take for them ship out your very first game? im curious because i want catherine, but i dont want to waste a free trial if they're just going to ship it out tuesday after the sale is over.[/QUOTE]

Catherine is "High" so 90% chance it gets shipped on monday afternoon. Right after it ships you can do the keep option and they'll send you the case the manual.

[quote name='RockBottom885']I was worried about my Halo disk being chipped, but my Dist. Center is also Pittsburgh so I guess I'll be okay.[/QUOTE]
Definitely let us know what shape is in when you get it. More research really needs to be done on these distribution centers.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Catherine is "High" so 90% chance it gets shipped on monday afternoon. Right after it ships you can do the keep option and they'll send you the case the manual.[/QUOTE]

ok thanks im going to try it. were u charged shipping since you chose "keep it" during a free trial?

[quote name='hooker with a wenis']ok thanks im going to try it. were u charged shipping since you chose "keep it" during a free trial?[/QUOTE]
Shipping should be free, it is when you purchase the games, so I don't see how it would be any different if you chose to keep it after renting it.

Does BestBuy accept disc only trade-ins for full value? If so, do you think I can become a free member for a month, rent BF3, and sell it for 100% bonus credits? (I think it was extended to July 7th)

Revived my Sonic Generations for the PS3 today...two little chips along the outer brim of the CD..first time this ever happened..would it effect the gameplay in any way??

[quote name='dramasetter929']Revived my Sonic Generations for the PS3 today...two little chips along the outer brim of the CD..first time this ever happened..would it effect the gameplay in any way??[/QUOTE]

It's possible that Sonic will be green.

No, I've got 15-20 chipped discs and they all play fine. Some believe that it makes the disc driver work harder because of the chips. Seems possible, but I honestly don't know.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Definitely let us know what shape is in when you get it. More research really needs to be done on these distribution centers.[/QUOTE]

Got my disk today, it has a few small chips around the edges, and the surface itself is pretty scratched/beaten up. The game still runs fine, but of the 20 or so 360 games I own (some of which were preowned or came with the second hand system) it's definitely the worst one condition wise.

I'll try taking pictures later if you want.

[quote name='raoulduke13']Does anyone think Yakuza 4 will go any cheaper than 17.99, like maybe, 12.99?[/QUOTE]It was $10 at a few places on black friday. Yes I know that's black friday and no one has a time machine:cool:

[quote name='Idiotekque']Definitely let us know what shape is in when you get it. More research really needs to be done on these distribution centers.[/QUOTE]

I have only gotten games from Austin and Pittsburgh.

I hate every time I check the tracking at is says PA - the games I've gotten from Pittsburgh definitely seem to have more/deeper chips.

The one game I've sent back did come from Austin though, it had 2 cracks coming from the center hole.

[quote name='tommythethumb']Yeah that was there last time. I didn't order any myself but I remember reading the disclaimer. I'd have to imagine the remotes being sent out last time was a mistake but who knows.[/QUOTE]

Got my copy of Wii Play Motion in today. It came complete with wiimote+ and two AA batteries all in the original box.

[quote name='waldo21212']I have only gotten games from Austin and Pittsburgh.

I hate every time I check the tracking at is says PA - the games I've gotten from Pittsburgh definitely seem to have more/deeper chips.

The one game I've sent back did come from Austin though, it had 2 cracks coming from the center hole.[/QUOTE]
It just makes me wonder where I'd get them from, being in Hawaii. What's the westernmost distribution center?

got my silent hill hd ps3 today- super fast considering it was a single game order. came from pittsburgh, even though i live in cali and usually get games from long beach distribution center.

that being said, No Chips! (i always get atleast minor chips) no scratches, nothing. disc looks brand new. to everyone claiming pittsburgh was the one; i believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my BF3 that i got from renting and clicked "Keep" as soon as it shipped. A few minor scratch swipes here and there but overall, great condition.

bread's done
Back