GameFly Daily Deals: KOFXII $15, NBA 2k9 $10, Damnation $8, Battlestation Pacific $13

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jrhawk42']So tempted to pickup damnation because it's steampunk, but the reviews are really putting me off.[/QUOTE]

I bit, because at $8 I can easily turn it around on ebay and make that back without a problem. Worst case scenario you'll have to make a trip to the post office and break even.

i told myself that id pick up kof for less than 20 but now its like...why not wait longer and see what happens..Im sure in a lil while it will be 10 brand new. even then i think i may be hesitant. excellent prices for people looking for these games.

So I popped in Damnation tonight.. At first look, you wonder why all the hate. It looks decent. But then, when you get to your first gunfight... All hell breaks loose. I'm on the easiest difficulty level and yet I can't even make it past the first part. The aim is horrible, you barely hit anyone. And you die very quickly. Totally not worth it at all. I will probably never play it again. Here's hoping Raven Squad is better.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']i told myself that id pick up kof for less than 20 but now its like...why not wait longer and see what happens..Im sure in a lil while it will be 10 brand new. even then i think i may be hesitant. excellent prices for people looking for these games.[/QUOTE]

I bit for KOF. I really don't think it'll reach $10 unless they come out with another new KOF game. Right now, it still sells for $50-$60.

Folklore (or Heavenly sword) was one of the earliest game on the PS3 and it still sells for a lot. These less "popular" games tend to keep their prices.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Having actually played Godfather 2, I don't see how you could say that. Unless you literally only played it for a few minutes and gave up. It's an excellent and under-appreciated game. It's easily better then the first Godfather game in every single way imaginable, and the first was also pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Godfather 2 isn't great from a technical standpoint but it is a lot of fun. For ~$10 you cannot go wrong with this game.

For those picking up KOF keep in mind the game is super short (not even a boss battle) and the netcode is a mess, might be better off saving your money for the next version

[quote name='Prophecize']Anyone else seeing the website as down? Was looking to grab a few of these...[/QUOTE]

Yep, looks like it's down.

I shall have to ponder the purchase of Battlestations: Pacific while the site is down. Seems like it would be fun and it received generally favorable reviews.

[quote name='LackeyZero']I bit for KOF. I really don't think it'll reach $10 unless they come out with another new KOF game. Right now, it still sells for $50-$60.

Folklore (or Heavenly sword) was one of the earliest game on the PS3 and it still sells for a lot. These less "popular" games tend to keep their prices.[/QUOTE]

U are right about heavenly sword maintaining its MSRP. but u gotta realize that game didnt blow.

I heard that they are working on the next kof and all support for 12 will be stopped. I read this on the interwebz so you know that it will definately happen :roll:...I still want kof12 but if online lags, there really is no point even if it costs 10 dollars.

i might have to jump on KOFXII. $15 is barely the price I wanted to pay, I was hoping $10 but whatever. $15 is fine is the lowest it'll probably get for now.

[quote name='LackeyZero']I bit for KOF. I really don't think it'll reach $10 unless they come out with another new KOF game. Right now, it still sells for $50-$60.

Folklore (or Heavenly sword) was one of the earliest game on the PS3 and it still sells for a lot. These less "popular" games tend to keep their prices.[/QUOTE]

True -- but there are other factors in play this generation (I think) that are causing prices to stay high for "old" games. There are great games coming out but comparatively, by this time in each console's cycle, we had more penetration and larger libraries. Add to that the fact the blu-ray is not ubiquitous like the dvd and you've got costs that are keeping prices higher than we'd like.

This is one reason why GH games this gen are $29.99 and not $19.99 MSRP. Hopefully, as this gen gets older, we'll see price drops follow. Generally, 360 games appear to be cheaper (i.e. they drop faster) when it's multi-platform; I suspect that has to do with the higher penetration figures and cheaper manufacturing costs. This is not an always rule but generally, this is what I'm finding.

DON'T BUY DAMNATION, you will lose faith in humanity. The only good with this game is playing co-op with friend or sibling, then wondering and crying at how people can make a game this bad.

Frig it, I'm getting Damnation. I've wanted to play it to see if it's truly as bad as they say. It seldom is.

Except in the case of Soldier of Fortune Payback and Turning Point. And I would up beating both.

A note to people trying to buy KoFXII and getting the maintenance page. It turns out it's not really down and you can just go through the home page and search the game to pull up the page.

Folklore is $20 used at Gamestop (online it might not be available) so with edge it's about 17.99. I picked up a copy a few weeks back.

[quote name='kozu']A note to people trying to buy KoFXII and getting the maintenance page. It turns out it's not really down and you can just go through the home page and search the game to pull up the page.[/QUOTE]
thanks! :)

the only prob i had with kof was that it was slow at times not extremely slow-just a bit slower than playing with a friend at your own house-so it was noticible -but this was like a month after it came out-maybe they fixed this but other than that i actually really liked the game it thought it looked nice as hell n most of the characters were great to play with--n that slow lag thing didnt happen every single time-was like %25-%30 of the time. but like i said that was about 4 months ago.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Any opinions on UT3?[/QUOTE]

unreal tournament 3 is a great game and for $8 its a steal its real fun fast paced-a nice mutli shooter with cool powerful weapons n vehicles... more haloish than cod obviously--been thinking about rebuying this game for a while since i lost my copy about 6 months ago..

went on youtube just to remember how the game looked cuz it been
while since i played it n i saw a couple of guys saying that a nice amount of people are still playing it on line- then with this sale going on more people might be playing it as well... so im pickin up this game again as well--

about $25 for Kof and Ut3 is a great price--

[quote name='Kelegacy']Frig it, I'm getting Damnation. I've wanted to play it to see if it's truly as bad as they say. It seldom is.

Except in the case of Soldier of Fortune Payback and Turning Point. And I would up beating both.[/QUOTE]

Dont do it man, dont buy Damnation. It IS as bad as they say. I can usually find redeeming qualities in games and I can tell you this has none. I will buy almost any game for $10. Damnation would have to pay me to play it. If you want to play it, just put it in your queue and rent it! You will return it right away.

Thanks. Grabbed 5 copies of KoFXII and submitted a trade in for 4 on Amazon. Spent $78.xx and got $80 on Amazon for the 4 copies. Nothing better than a free game. :)

edit: Went ahead and bit on another copy to make it free.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Thanks. Grabbed 5 copies of KoFXII and submitted a trade in for 4 on Amazon. Spent $78.xx and got $80 on Amazon for the 4 copies. Nothing better than a free game. :)

edit: Went ahead and bit on another copy to make it free.[/QUOTE]

nice, I was thinking about doing that, but only trading in 3 games, and decided not to as it would only be a $15 profit

[quote name='YONKE']bite on KoF for 360 need more game for my Tournament stick....[/QUOTE]
I hear ya brother, got a tekken 6 stick and two SF4 fightpads

[quote name='burningrom2']I hear ya brother, got a tekken 6 stick and two SF4 fightpads[/QUOTE]

how does the tekken stick compare to the SF4 pad?

[quote name='JaroldL']how does the tekken stick compare to the SF4 pad?[/QUOTE]
weill the SF4 fightPADS i have are like big 6 button genesis controllers, they arent the sf4 fightSTICK. so comparing the stick to the pad is a personal preference. I myself like the arcade feel of a stick, but I play better on the pad. So come my in-home tournaments im picking up the pad.

SOB, what is it with all of these deals Gamefly. Going to have to bite on KOF since I got the deal on the Tekken 6 stick and I love KOF.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Thanks. Grabbed 5 copies of KoFXII and submitted a trade in for 4 on Amazon. Spent $78.xx and got $80 on Amazon for the 4 copies. Nothing better than a free game. :)

edit: Went ahead and bit on another copy to make it free.[/QUOTE]Hmmmm, You haz me thinking now...

If you wanted a "free" game, you would've been better off
going to Best Buy and getting 3 copies of GH: Smash Hits for
$10 ea. with RZ Coupon, and flipping those to Amazon for $17.50 ea.

Plus, you could have sent them off immediately...
That's what I did last night.

Profit would have been more.

Damnit...been dying to play KOF ps3...I've had it in my cart twice now only to have it say at checkout that they are OOS..... anyone have an extra they would want to sell to me? :/

Well nice....this is the reason I couldn't get one to play. Figured it was either a stupid flipper or hoarder. Congrats on your "Free" game :/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']Any opinions on UT3?[/QUOTE]

The game is awesome, easily one of my favorite multiplayer FPS games but no one plays on 360 for some odd reason. It was a blast on PS3 a few years back.

I'm in for KOF XII and Damnation.

[quote name='jousley']Damnit...been dying to play KOF ps3...I've had it in my cart twice now only to have it say at checkout that they are OOS..... anyone have an extra they would want to sell to me? :/[/QUOTE]

Sorry bro I placed my order for 1 PS3 version about an hour before your post and mine went through.

Damn, a couple hours too slow for KOF on PS3. 360 version still available though...ah well, hopefully it'll pop up again

Bought King Of Fighters XII for a friend. I bought it right after release. After seeing it this cheap. It makes me wish I waited. 15 for it is a extremely good deal.

Picked up King of the Fighters. I have not seen this game cheaper and been wanting to play it. Damnation IMP is not worth 8 cents worst 360 game I have played this year and yes I have played Rogue Warrior.

[quote name='Brother Daz']No, you missed out because you were a few hours late to the party[/QUOTE]

What this guy said. I bought mine last night, and waited all day until they went live. Yes I have no life. :lol:

Aw man, I just found out the Mirror's Edge I ordered last month doesn't work. There were almost no scratches on it so I thought it was good, but I tried to play it just now and it wouldn't read. Turns out, the side/rim of the disc is grated to hell. Bummer.

bread's done
Back