GameFly Daily Deals: KOFXII $15, NBA 2k9 $10, Damnation $8, Battlestation Pacific $13

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mizzou75']Aw man, I just found out the Mirror's Edge I ordered last month doesn't work. There were almost no scratches on it so I thought it was good, but I tried to play it just now and it wouldn't read. Turns out, the side/rim of the disc is grated to hell. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

I guess you that teaches you a lesson-- don't just purchase something like a CD and leave it alone.

Very good deal on KoF. I'll personally hold off on it as I'm in no rush to try it out and I'm predicting it will be one of those bargain bin titles soon enough!

[quote name='Mizzou75']Aw man, I just found out the Mirror's Edge I ordered last month doesn't work. There were almost no scratches on it so I thought it was good, but I tried to play it just now and it wouldn't read. Turns out, the side/rim of the disc is grated to hell. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I e-mailed GameFly just to tell them it didn't work, not expecting anything since I ordered it at the end of October, and they are letting me return it for a refund. They'll definitely get my business again and again.

I know it got horrible reviews, but I am always willing to give a game a chance...picked up Damnation & Godfather II (because I liked the first one).

I saw the deal for KoF and didn't even think twice about buying it, because the JPN demo was total crap. Plus they fucked Terry over and if there's one thing I can't stand is an unplayable, move missing, crappy version of my favorite character. I took the advice of the guys on the PS3 board and avoided it like the plague, it was a nice price, but $#@! or shinola, doesn't make it worth getting, if it's still crap in the end.

2k9 was much more balanced than 2k10 and a better overall game, I have 2k7, 2k8, 2k9, and ended up selling 2k10 because it was such a shallow game and impossible to play defense in, I would say 2k9 is my favorite, to this day I play 2k9 about 2-3 hours a day with friends

Even if you are not a basketball fan, this game is very easy to learn, and extremely challenging to master, This is the only sports game I ever play, for $10 give the game a try I promise you wont regret it

[quote name='gamer6587']2k9 was much more balanced than 2k10 and a better overall game, I have 2k7, 2k8, 2k9, and ended up selling 2k10 because it was such a shallow game and impossible to play defense in, I would say 2k9 is my favorite, to this day I play 2k9 about 2-3 hours a day with friends

Even if you are not a basketball fan, this game is very easy to learn, and extremely challenging to master, This is the only sports game I ever play, for $10 give the game a try I promise you wont regret it[/QUOTE]

About your defense issue.

In 2K10 you have to adjust this one setting. It's under control options (the actual control pad options or somewhere similar),. This stops your user controled player from playing the automatic defense animation and gives full control back to user on defense.

If you can't find it check operationsports.

[quote name='kaydigi']About your defense issue.

In 2K10 you have to adjust this one setting. It's under control options (the actual control pad options or somewhere similar),. This stops your user controled player from playing the automatic defense animation and gives full control back to user on defense.

If you can't find it check operationsports.[/QUOTE]

too late I sold it on craigslist, I will try buying it back after Christmas when I can maybe find under $30, most of my friends never want to play 2k10, they all like 2k9 better

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']I passed on Killzone 2 the other day and am regretting it...[/QUOTE]

You should be, it's a great game, and that was a great price. :applause:

[quote name='charlescheese']You should be, it's a great game, and that was a great price. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I know i know... I had just bought so many games over black friday, so my wallet couldn't exactly handle it at that moment. But now that pay day has come today I am regretting it. Oh well, here's hoping for something great tonight!

I am wondering how long it takes to get game.
I bought killzone 2 on Dec. 2, but still haven't got it.
Does it take longer than a week to be delivered?

[quote name='infini2001']I am wondering how long it takes to get game.
Does it take longer than a week to be delivered?[/QUOTE]

their distrubution office for me is only about 3 hours away, yet it takes me a good 5-6 business days to receive my games i buy. So possibly.

[quote name='infini2001']I am wondering how long it takes to get game.
Does it take longer than a week to be delivered?[/QUOTE]

I ordered Wanted on Dec. 1st or 2nd and just got it today. Log into gamefly and check the ship date.

My copy of Fear 2 showed up today pretty scratched up... lots of light scratches, no deep gouges or anything and i haven't tried it to see if it skips or fails to load or anything yet. Blargh. I mean it was cheap... but cmon. Wondering if i should demand an exchange. :roll:

[quote name='splattered']My copy of Fear 2 showed up today pretty scratched up... lots of light scratches, no deep gouges or anything and i haven't tried it to see if it skips or fails to load or anything yet. Blargh. I mean it was cheap... but cmon. Wondering if i should demand an exchange. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Mine was like new. It still had the security sticker attached. They just cut it with a cutter. I suspect my copy has never been rented :)

^^ Lucky... :/

I was hoping it would arrive in "excellent" condition as mentioned here.

It MAY work, its not super bad, but bad enough that it might skip here or there or something. I may just live with it.

I've had UT3 on my pc but having it on my 360 when I don't have to install it to play, just pop in the disc for 8 bucks is sweet. I'm also thinking about Battlestations Pacific, enjoyed the first and ironically I kept the game when i was still a gamefly member a year or so ago.

bread's done
Back