GameFly July 2010 Used Game Sale with Free Shipping

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having their monthly used game sale with low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 7/26.

:360: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood $9.99
:360: NCAA Football 10 $9.99
:360: Shaun White Snowboarding $9.99
:360: Chaotic: Shadow Warriors $12.99
:360: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey $14.99
:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 $14.99
:360: BioShock 2 $15.99
:360: Bayonetta $16.99
:360: Halo 3: ODST $17.99
:360: Assassin's Creed 2 $17.99
:360: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game $17.99
:360: Aliens vs. Predator $19.99
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
transparent.gif

:360: Vancouver 2010 $19.99
:360: Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce $27.99
:360: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $27.99

:ps3: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra $9.99
:ps3: Rogue Warrior $9.99
:ps3: UFC 2009 Undisputed $9.99
:ps3: Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes $12.99
:ps3: Last Rebellion $14.99
:ps3: Skate 2 $14.99
:ps3: Street Fighter IV $14.99
:ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 $14.99
:ps3: Wolfenstein $14.99
:ps3: Bayonetta $14.99
:ps3: Darksiders $19.99
:ps3: BioShock 2 $16.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed 2 $17.99
:ps3: Vancouver 2010 $19.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time $24.99
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
transparent.gif

:ps3: God of War III $27.99

:wii: Family Party: 30 Great Games Winter Fun $9.99
:wii: Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces $9.99
:wii: Data East Arcade Classics $12.99
:wii: Guitar Hero: Van Halen $12.99
:wii: Scene It? Twilight $12.99
:wii: Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll $12.99
:wii: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers $14.99
:wii: Food Network: Cook or Be Cooked $14.99
:wii: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games $14.99
:wii: Rec Room Games $14.99
:wii: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $14.99
:wii: We Ski & Snowboard $14.99
:wii: SpongeBob's Truth or Square $17.99
:wii: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle $17.99
:wii: Yoga: The First 100% Experience $17.99
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii $29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ProjectSleep']Noob question does buying a game from Gamefly one time require a membership or trial?[/QUOTE]

No. But you'll only get free shipping during sales like these. Members get free shipping all the time plus additional discounts. I get an extra 10% off because I've been a member for over a year. Every three months I get a $5 certificate plus sometimes a $10 off $30 coupon.

jesus, how many more copies of Shaun White do they have? I bought one over a year ago for $5. Still have not played it.

For those of you looking into buying AvP, I must tell you that its one of the worst games I have played in a very long time. Its not worth $10 let alone $20. Just trying to be helpful.

Finally. Bayonetta for $14.99 is great. I have never been dissappointed with the high quality used products from Gamefly in the past, so lets hope they dont start now! Just info for others. For PS3 anyway, I have ordered 5 games in the past and all came complete and in pristine condition other than being unwrapped. The box and manual were never touched. These are much higher quality used games than even GS gutted new copies. Just and FYI for those on the fence.

And to the guy above. I agree. AVP was not a good game. Not the worst I have played recently, but I do agree it was bad.

For those of you that still haven't picked up Ratchet and Clank ACiT, do it now. It's easily one of the best games in the series.

Last sale Bayonetta was 14.99 and i missed out. now its 16.99 and i cant get it because i remember when it was 14.99. LOL

Great deals but i already picked up majority of the ps3 titles i wanted from gohastings b2g1. Will hold off on last rebellion for now.

Finally picked up Call of Juarez. They won't be selling it forever. Now, do I put it on the top of my backlog stack or the bottom...

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']You'd be surprised how many CAGs have the opposite problem.[/QUOTE]
Basically my PS3 collection ~100 games 30 of which I will probably never pick up.

[quote name='L0sther0']Last sale Bayonetta was 14.99 and i missed out. now its 16.99 and i cant get it because i remember when it was 14.99. LOL[/QUOTE]
Unless they raised the price in the last couple hours, Bayonetta is $14.99 for this sale as well. I bought it this morning.\

EDIT: Nope, still $14.99

[quote name='wrencrest']Unless they raised the price in the last couple hours, Bayonetta is $14.99 for this sale as well. I bought it this morning.\

EDIT: Nope, still $14.99[/QUOTE]
They may be refering to the 360 version which is listed for me at 16.99.

[quote name='wolfwood78']They may be refering to the 360 version which is listed for me at 16.99.[/QUOTE]
Ah, thanks, I am not thinking. I should know when to shutup. :booty:

[quote name='Muthafodder']Was it not in stock when you looked?
It was while i was shopping.

$18.99

You shouldn't go by a list posted...get in there and look.

After seeing what this sells for used on eBay and Amazon, I snagged a copy. The trade in on Gamefly is almost the same they are selling it for.[/QUOTE]

Arrgh now I want to go back for punch out :D Already picked up Bioshock 2 and Bayonetta... thought about punch out for awhile, it is a great price.

Finally Im gonna be able to pick up Bayonetta and possibly Bioshock 2? I havent played the first one so should I pick it up and forget the first one or get the first one now and wait for another sale to pick up Bioshock 2?

You can almost sense the quality of the sale by a thread's post-per-hour ratio. This one has stayed pretty dead compared to other sales. Only 6 pages in 19 hours.

[quote name='Matedawg11']Finally Im gonna be able to pick up Bayonetta and possibly Bioshock 2? I havent played the first one so should I pick it up and forget the first one or get the first one now and wait for another sale to pick up Bioshock 2?[/QUOTE]

I'd highly recommend playing the first one before 2. The story will make more sense, and besides that I think the first one is better.

[quote name='Duke.Togo']I'd highly recommend playing the first one before 2. The story will make more sense, and besides that I think the first one is better.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice!

Hopefully I'll see some new faces/challengers on Bioshock 2, I love the multiplayer in it.

AvP is not bad as a multiplayer game. It has some flaws like no host migration and sega pulled support for the game after the 2nd map pack came out. The campaigns are short and boring, I have so far only beat the Alien campaign.

I bought the game as I was fan of the originals on PC and am a huge Aliens fan. The voice of Bishop in the game is a nice touch. My favorite part of the game honestly is survival (hoard) mode. Its very tough!

I payed full-price for Bayonetta way back when so seeing it at this price kind of makes me cringe. Same with Darksiders.

I can't stand it when a game just doesn't seem to lower at all, then as soon as you get it several months later it's practically free.

Edit: Not sure what to think about these deals at the moment -- seems like more and more of a rehash every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing! Picking up Bioshock 2!

ps: there's a small typo: god of war 3 is $27.99 not $29.99!

I payed probably 30$ for each game on release cause of toysrus. And got alot of playtime out of both, traded Darksiders for 35$ at GS and 23$ for Bayonetta on Amazon recently. I put about 80 hours into Bayonetta and played it the most out of any of my other games on either console besides Batman AA. It is a very fun game and when you see that its not about witch time and its freakin awesome combat. Id like to get it on PS3 but ill hold on both especially Darksider.....let that fall alittle bit more.

R&C ACIT is very tempting but, I still need to finish two of the titles from :ps2: Up Your Arsenal and Size Matters along with TOD for :ps3:. :lol: I'm hoping they just release the old :ps2: ones in a collection for :ps3: so I can sell my old :ps2: ones.

[quote name='youenvy']is bayonettas lag patch/fixed for the ps3--[/QUOTE]

The loading was fixed in the patch, they added an install option. The shitty framerate was not fixed.

is it possible for me to buy these games without being a member...? I'm trying to make an account but it says I need to choose a membership, should I just pick the free one?

in for bioshock 2 used.

[quote name='Azurken']is it possible for me to buy these games without being a member...? I'm trying to make an account but it says I need to choose a membership, should I just pick the free one?

in for bioshock 2 used.[/QUOTE]

just felt the need to quote myself to add emphasis, but i went ahead and ordered bioshock 2, apparently when I buy something I don't need to start the free trial either. unless they will start auto charging me...

Do you need a Gamefly membership to buy their used games? I can't seem to figure out how to get it in my cart without renting it and then saying I want to keep it.

Bit on Bayonetta...thanks cheapy for the heads up good sale. If I already didn't have Bioshock 2 I would have caved at that price.

$18.01 after taxes.

Damn, I should have waited another week before canceling my subscription. I would have gotten Bayonetta $11 shipped.

In my opinion the last rebellion is the worst rpg game I have ever played hopefully I can make a profit from the copy i bought from gamefly on ebay.

[quote name='wrencrest']Got my PS3 copy of Bayonetta. As mint as you can be for a used game. Case and manual in perfect condition.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that from gamefly. When I buy the ps3 version of a game it looks like a brand new one. Every 360 game I've bought is scratched to death. One time it took two weeks to get a game from them. I ordered Bayonetta and it came within 3 days after it was shipped. I am very pleased with that.

[quote name='jman619']I've noticed that from gamefly. When I buy the ps3 version of a game it looks like a brand new one. Every 360 game I've bought is scratched to death. One time it took two weeks to get a game from them. I ordered Bayonetta and it came within 3 days after it was shipped. I am very pleased with that.[/QUOTE]
Yep, all the Ps3 games from them seem to come in great condition. While 360 games are reportedly not so...

[quote name='wrencrest']Yep, all the Ps3 games from them seem to come in great condition. While 360 games are reportedly not so...[/QUOTE]

Not hard to figure because they're probably getting more usage. Higher sales/interest = higher rentals. Reflects software sales, generally speaking.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Not hard to figure because they're probably getting more usage. Higher sales/interest = higher rentals. Reflects software sales, generally speaking.[/QUOTE]

Plus Blu-rays are less susceptible to scratches.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Plus Blu-rays are less susceptible to scratches.[/QUOTE]
and the ps3 dosent scratch your disc when playing a game :lol:

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Not hard to figure because they're probably getting more usage. Higher sales/interest = higher rentals. Reflects software sales, generally speaking.[/QUOTE]

Besides that a dvd is easier to get scratched than a blu-ray is.

Actually it's because Blu-Rays are coated with scratch resistant stuff. It's harder to scratch Blu-Ray discs than DVD discs.

[quote name='jman619']I've noticed that from gamefly. When I buy the ps3 version of a game it looks like a brand new one. Every 360 game I've bought is scratched to death. One time it took two weeks to get a game from them. I ordered Bayonetta and it came within 3 days after it was shipped. I am very pleased with that.[/QUOTE]

Yup 360 games come so bad. The real bad news is when you buy a lot there and return the lemons they ban you after 2-3. It took me weeks of complaining about this to get unbanned. You would be shocked what they kept telling me why they would not unban me. I told them you got the games back and everything and they said it was not me they will not sell or rent anything to me cause they said the post office damaged them and i was high risk of keep getting damaged stuff. This made no sense and since my brother lives here to they even banned his account saying they banned this address. My brother laughed and said they sucked anyways but i dig the pain when they got nice deals.

bread's done
Back