GameFly May 2014 Used Game Sale (5/13 to 5/19)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
GameFly's used game sale is back; featuring low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 5/19.

Sale goes live 5/13 at 10AM PST - Ends 5/19

Xbox 360
Assassin's Creed III $7.99
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag $17.99
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $9.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations $9.99
Batman: Arkham Origins $17.99
Battlefield 3 $8.99
Battlefield 4 $17.99
BioShock Infinite $9.99
Ben 10 Omniverse 2 $9.99
Cabela's African Adventures $9.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts $17.99
Darksiders II $9.99
Dead Island $8.99
Duke Nukem Forever $5.99
Fable: The Journey $8.99
Fast & Furious Showdown $7.99
Fuse $9.99
Grand Theft Auto IV $9.99
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $9.99
Hitman: Absolution $7.99
Hot Wheels: World's Best Driver $8.99
Metro: Last Light $9.99
NCAA Football 14 $12.99
PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures $9.99
Payday 2 $12.99
Saints Row IV $12.99
Star Trek $7.99
Tomb Raider $7.99
XCOM: Enemy Within $17.99

PlayStation 3
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag $17.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations $9.99
Batman: Arkham Origins $17.99
Battlefield 4 $17.99
Ben 10 Omniverse 2 $9.99
Cabela's African Adventures $9.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts $17.99
Fuse $9.99
Grand Theft Auto IV $9.99
The Last of Us $17.99
Lost Planet 3 $9.99
transparent.gif
Resistance: Fall of Man $7.99
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus $12.99
Tales of Xillia $17.99
Time and Eternity $14.99
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct $8.99
XCOM: Enemy Within $17.99
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z $19.99
Young Justice: Legacy $12.99

Wii
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 $4.99
Disney Planes $5.99
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles $5.99
The Smurfs 2 $4.99
Wipeout 3 $8.99

3DS
Angry Birds: Star Wars $8.99
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril $12.99
LEGO: The Hobbit $17.99
Mario Party: Island Tour $19.99
Power Rangers MegaForce $8.99
transparent.gif

Decided to bite on Killzone SF. I know its not the best reviewed game but I'm needing some games for my newly acquired PS4. After my member discount and $5 coupon I paid about $14, hard to say no to that.

Wow. Didn't realize :ps4: AC4 was a part of this sale. Snagged a copy. Glad I was able to get in on this before it expired.

Got my Mario Party Island Tour in the mail on Saturday. Absolutely mint, as always.

If had a ps4, I'd have all those ordered. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my ghosts PS3 today which has the usual chips but there is one of them which started forming a small scratch on the outer edge of the disk. Considering how there return policy works I would have to buy the game again then return the one I have for a refund. Here is a pic to see what others think. I treat my games well so this is the first time I have experienced something like this.

10338801_679604742075594_3844253045577825862_n.jpg

I get cracked discs on occassion. If the sale is still going, I just buy a new one. If the sale is over, I've had luck getting them to give me enough credit to match the price difference after shipping costs.

Well my ps3 wd came scratched to hell and chips galore. I wont bother anymore everyone i personally know all  get chipped discs. Forget this welfare site i will pay more now since i cannot trade in these chipped dinks.

Quote of the day

Backlog_Overload : I like baby cows...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CFQQtwIwBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DIrJRqI6sjLQ&ei=2Y57U66gGIycqAamjoHwBw&usg=AFQjCNH19wfoqV4yAUeRFnReHXKs0NzkKg&sig2=r77UJ3m98p5uzN0Q6Sjhtw&bvm=bv.67229260,d.b2k

Well my ps3 wd came scratched to hell and chips galore. I wont bother anymore everyone i personally know all get chipped discs. Forget this welfare site i will pay more now since i cannot trade in these chipped dicks.
You're the worst. If it doesn't work, send it back for a refund. I also highly doubt you got any PS3 disc that was "scratched to hell".

You're the worst. If it doesn't work, send it back for a refund. I also highly doubt you got any PS3 disc that was "scratched to hell".
Whatever they do scratch you idiot troll. You fan sheep are fools. You are not just saying i lied but others saying the same thing. You are a drooling fiend that deserves a side kick into the head. Go play instead of hoarding.

Just had my first bad experience with Gamefly. All 3 games I ordered had discs littered with chips. Does anyone know if this affects long-term playability? I'm nervous about having a disc shatter in my console.

Also, it's ridiculous that I can't get replacements. CS told me they could refund my money and I could return them. But to get replacements, I'd have to place a new order and pay the current, increased prices.

Just had my first bad experience with Gamefly. All 3 games I ordered had discs littered with chips. Does anyone know if this affects long-term playability? I'm nervous about having a disc shatter in my console.

Also, it's ridiculous that I can't get replacements. CS told me they could refund my money and I could return them. But to get replacements, I'd have to place a new order and pay the current, increased prices.
Gamefly = chipped discs. A replacement will be more chipped discs.

Ive played chipped discs from gamefly and had no issues.

Gamefly = chipped discs. A replacement will be more chipped discs.

Ive played chipped discs from gamefly and had no issues.
Thanks. I've ordered 10+ games from them before and never had chipped discs. It was just alarming to me that all 3 were chipped after receiving so many good discs in the past.

Just had my first bad experience with Gamefly. All 3 games I ordered had discs littered with chips. Does anyone know if this affects long-term playability?
Do you mean the extreme long term? In the extreme long term all discs are susceptible to rotting as oxygen seeps into the disc and oxidizes the data layer.

See, e.g., http://m.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/05/the-library-of-congress-wants-to-destroy-your-old-cds-for-science/370804/

I can't say for sure, but I can easily imagine Gamefly chips making discs more vulnerable to edge rot.

It's not ridiculous. What's ridiculous is that you don't read the fine print or do some research before you blindly tie your credit/debit card to a site and order from. That's common knowledge brother and from my own experience Gamefly is friendly when it comes to refunds. Be happy they refund your money rather than just giving you credit.

It's not ridiculous. What's ridiculous is that you don't read the fine print or do some research before you blindly tie your credit/debit card to a site and order from. That's common knowledge brother and from my own experience Gamefly is friendly when it comes to refunds. Be happy they refund your money rather than just giving you credit.
Dayum. My bad. Like I said, first time I've had an issue with them after numerous orders.

Do you mean the extreme long term? In the extreme long term all discs are susceptible to rotting as oxygen seeps into the disc and oxidizes the data layer.

See, e.g., http://m.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/05/the-library-of-congress-wants-to-destroy-your-old-cds-for-science/370804/

I can't say for sure, but I can easily imagine Gamefly chips making discs more vulnerable to edge rot.
Haha, yeah, that's a given with all media. I was more concerned about having a disc shatter after playing it for several hours consecutively. Sounds like that's not an issue.

Dayum. My bad. Like I said, first time I've had an issue with them after numerous orders.
Haha, yeah, that's a given with all media. I was more concerned about having a disc shatter after playing it for several hours consecutively. Sounds like that's not an issue.
Every disc I've ordered from them has had at least one chip. All but one have installed and played fine. Just pop them in and install them to see if they work. If not, contact CS for a full refund and free return shipping label. Simple as that.

Every disc I've ordered from them has had at least one chip. All but one have installed and played fine. Just pop them in and install them to see if they work. If not, contact CS for a full refund and free return shipping label. Simple as that.
Good idea on testing via installation. I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

I thought I would put my 2 cents in on the quality. Ive only order 3 total. All Xbox One games. The first 2 were perfect in every way. The 3rd one (Lego Marvel) wasn't perfect. The case arrived with a couple of cracks but I suspect this was due to the postal service and they way gamefly packages them. The disc wasn't scratched but around the very outer edge it had what one might call chips. It installed fine and I don't expect a problem with it.

"System is down" guy said he could keep the games then call when he can activate a card. Obviously not doing that. Rather keep cavestory as a collectable then

bread's done
Back