GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='breakingcustoms']funny, i just got my AC Brotherhood for PS3 with these "chips"...didnt think this was common, but i should be okay...the disc is pristine aside from these marks[/QUOTE]

Majority of the games I rent have those exact marks. The discs still work though.

Got Crysis 2 in the mail today, it was the LE edition! (whoop whoop)! Also came with an unused code for the LE bonus stuff, so I was quite happy about that. Even more, I didn't see any chips on the disc and it had no scratches whatsoever either. Never had a problem with ANY damage from any games I bought from Gamefly...I guess I'm just lucky there?

Got two more games coming (Lego Pirates and LBP2), will see what the condition is of those when they come.

So far, my games have been alright.

NFS:HP was barely playable. I had to clean the disc pretty good to play it, but it seems to work fine. The disc is extremely scratched and has a lot of the chips.

Bulletstorm and Duke Nukem were a little better. They both have chips, but the discs are in decent shape. Minor scratches and Bulletstorm has a fingerprint, but they both look fine.

I'm definitely still impressed with Gamefly, even if the discs aren't perfect.

I received (2) Marvel vs Capcom 3 for the 360, and they are in absolute horrible condition.

The 1st has some edge chips, but is covered in the white paste they use for disc resurfacing.

The 2nd has more edge chips than the 1st, and 6 hairline cracks in the center ring.

I can probably clean up the 1st disc, but the 2nd disc that has 6 hairline cracks in it is totally unacceptable....it will be going back to them for a refund.

I've received 13 games from Gamefly in the past month...all but 1 have had chips on the edges, but this is the 1st time that the center ring has had cracks in it.

I've had a couple like that from these sales, with the cracks. I agree it's a hassle to have to request a refund and then ship it back to them. Seems like lately the discs (at least for Xbox) are in far worse shape than previous orders over the years.

Still like Gamefly on the whole however, although I'm finding I'm doing the buying more off of Amazon Warehouse, but I can't complain on the rentals via GF. And still interested in seeing what other deals they have in store for us from now till the holidays.

i have purchased both PS3 and 360 games in the past months. the PS3 games have been in flawless condition. i know blu-ray discs can be a bit more durable. the 360 discs are what i really have been running into trouble with and it seems like many others are as well. tons of scratches, some deeper than others, chips in the disc, etc. considering they are all used you would figure that even the PS3 discs would be showing a little wear. the 360 discs have all been shot. i guess that is kinda what you are paying for when you spend $10 on a $30 or $40 dollar game but I know we all want them to be alot better. saves the trouble of having to send discs back, file complaints with gamefly, etc.

Bulletstorm was in pretty good shape but Dead Space 2 had the chips along the edges that have become more common as of late.

got assassin's creed brotherhood for the ps3 yesterday.

had those chips on the edge of the discs like everyone has said.

for a first time for buying a used game from them, it's kinda a "bleh" first impression. hopefully when there's another deal and i get that game it'll be better.
i wouldn't expect an absolutely perfect disc as i understand these are rentals but those chips on the edges are kinda questionable and a deal breaker for me. i wouldn't wanna put a physically damaged disc into my ps3.

IMG_20111015_145608.jpg

These are the chips everyone is talking about? I thought I got lucky and mine didn't have them, but I probably just didn't notice since I was looking for something more significant. No offence intended, but I feel like having problem with this sort of minor wear and tear on a used game is pretty nitpicky.

[quote name='jsivley']I don't know for a fact if they do or don't resurface their disk but I assume they don't. I have ordered many games from them and all of them have been at least a little scuffed, while lots have been extremely scratched. I've even had to return a game recently because it was so scratched it wouldn't read. I don't see why they would resurface some but let so many others go out in such bad shape.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine an operation as big as Gamefly not resurfacing their discs. My guess would be that they undergo a very basic inspection and only the worst ones get reseufaced.

[quote name='BoromirsFan']are the used prices for the games without free shipping permanent? [/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='Investor']All you have to do is just run your finger on the outside edges of your PS3 Gamefly used games. You can't miss them. Just place your finger vertical to the edge of the discs, and feel around them. You will feel multiple dents. And upon closer inspections of those dents, you'll see all the chips.

How big of a file can I attach here? Can I PM them to you? I don't have any software that will resize my pictures, but my Canon can take pictures of around 4MB each. I can try to take some pictures of my 2 games that I had just received from Gamefly (Homefront with over 10 dents, and Bulletstorm with about 5 dents), and send them to you.

Edit: I tried posting pictures that I just took, which are a lot clearer and deeper than the one posted below me. But I don't have the option to post attachments right now. Why is that?

I couldn't add them as attachments, so I added them to my "Picture Album." Just click on my Profile, and the Album with 3 pictures of Homefront can be found on the left side.[/QUOTE]

OK, thanks for those pics - I just checked them out. I have never seen anything close to that on my games from Gamefly and I've gotten quite a few from them - but not too many recently. Is this a newer issue? I should have some coming in Monday via priority mail though (Lego Pirates and LBP 2). I'll definitely inspect those very closely. I did get 2 copies of Killzone 3 last week and neither of those had any chips.

Edit: OK, upon closer inspection of one of them, it might have one small chip. But come to think of it, I've gotten plenty of new PS3 games that are a little rough in spots on the edges. I never thought of them as chips, but they may be small ones. I think some of them just come that way.

[quote name='CheapyD']Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.[/QUOTE]

Thank's CheapyD! I was about to go to work and now I will not have to worry about the sale.

Picked up DNF and Fallout:NV both for 360 for $4 apiece (I used some $5 coupons). Both were in great shape, maybe a very small edge nick or two but nothing that would compramise play in any way.

My $5 coupons overlap by one day so I usually get $10 off a game, and have been picking deals from them for years now and have never noticed any problems, even from A-list titles that should've been played alot, like Mass Effect 2 (a $3.49 steal). Maybe it's where my main distribution center is on the east coast?

Those nicks I can understand no one wants....but the ps3 games I have are otherwise like new. It is a used game. They play perfectly. If it were not for these sales I would not have bought and played these games for some time because of the price point. I AM HAPPY.

My copy of NFS:HP (360) seemed to be in good shape and in any case it installed to my HDD without incident. I'm happy with that purchase and am looking forward to finding out what the monthly sale has to offer.

[quote name='CheapyD']Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.[/QUOTE]

My wallet thanks you.

LBP2 is back in stock at the moment but knowing that there's a re-release in the imminent future I can't bring myself to bite on it, even at $18.

[quote name='mdmusick']LBP2 is back in stock at the moment[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered it for a friend of mine. Hope the shipping goes through with different information than usual.

You're lucking then. My Killzone 3 and Crysis 2 have a bunch of chips, and some of them are wide and run deep into the blue-ish data portion. My pictures (from the Homefront disc) were a lot clearer, but they got downsized when I posted them on the album.

I just started playing Crysis 2 right now, and I am desperately hoping that I won't run into any disc reading problem. I still have Castlevania coming, and that will be it for me with Gamefly. I didn't pay $15 each for used copies of games to have to worry about them not working mid-way through the game, or even that one day I may accidentally bump into something right at one of these deeper chips and will end up cracking the entire disc.

[quote name='io']OK, thanks for those pics - I just checked them out. I have never seen anything close to that on my games from Gamefly and I've gotten quite a few from them - but not too many recently. Is this a newer issue? I should have some coming in Monday via priority mail though (Lego Pirates and LBP 2). I'll definitely inspect those very closely. I did get 2 copies of Killzone 3 last week and neither of those had any chips.

Edit: OK, upon closer inspection of one of them, it might have one small chip. But come to think of it, I've gotten plenty of new PS3 games that are a little rough in spots on the edges. I never thought of them as chips, but they may be small ones. I think some of them just come that way.[/QUOTE]

Well!!! There goes my recently received Crysis 2 :ps3: game.

I starting playing last night as a test to see if all the deep chips that had run into the blue data portion of the disc will cause any problem. I got to chapter 3, and quit the game late last night. This morning whenever I tried resuming the game, I first get the loading screen and then it just went black and stayed there. I've tried resuming 3 times now and every time it just goes to the black screen and stayed there.

I honestly don't know if this is just a glitch with the game or a problem with those deep chips. But it's the sort of things that I was worrying about with these chipped discs. I'm done.

Sorry to hear a bunch of other CAG's had a lot of trouble with damaged games. I received Read Dead Redemption in perfect condition in three days. Hope they get some of the issues fixed.

Got my PS3 Crysis (limited edition) has small chips in the side, but shouldnt affect playing. I'm happy.

Looking forward to this week's sale!

bad luckwith the chips? my last 3 games from GF (Homefront, NFS:HP, and KZ3) were like new, codes intact, etc.

looking forward to the sale. too many games though. sheesh.

[quote name='Shimrra']My wallet thanks you.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sgt Barone']+1[/QUOTE]

+2

Finally! My wallet can breath... until the monthly sale begins.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Lego Pirates is back in stock too... tempted. Hopefully GameFly really did fix my billing issue if I do decide to get it.[/QUOTE]

What billing issue did you have? I had a major one too! Sheesh, can't they be like any other company that just processes the order and moves on?

BTW, Lego Pirates prices changed upwards.

Those of you claiming to not have chips, take a closer look.

I thought mine were perfect, but I decided to reinspect after seeing some pictures here. All five discs have a few very tiny chips along the edges as mentioned/pictured in this thread. Of course, they're small enough that I would have never have noticed them if others hadn't mentioned it. I'm sure some are worse than others, but the ones I see on my discs are minor enough to be complete inconsequential, at least to me.

[quote name='PohTayToez']Those of you claiming to not have chips, take a closer look.

I thought mine were perfect, but I decided to reinspect after seeing some pictures here. All five discs have a few very tiny chips along the edges as mentioned/pictured in this thread. Of course, they're small enough that I would have never have noticed them if others hadn't mentioned it. I'm sure some are worse than others, but the ones I see on my discs are minor enough to be complete inconsequential, at least to me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't think I had any until someone posted a pic. My copy of Portal 2 has 2 small chips in it that don't affect gameplay. Makes me wonder if it wears out the disc drive faster than a normal disc though. It's not going to be something most people will notice unless they know what they're looking for.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah I didn't think I had any until someone posted a pic. My copy of Portal 2 has 2 small chips in it that don't affect gameplay. Makes me wonder if it wears out the disc drive faster than a normal disc though. It's not going to be something most people will notice unless they know what they're looking for.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't think so. The edges of the disc don't contact anything during use... I suppose it would have a very minute effect on the balance of the disc, which would only effect the spindle motor. Having worked on dozens of 360 DVD drives, I've never seen a spindle motor wear out.

^I find that only Gamefly discs have these teeth marks. I wonder where they come from? I agree that it's not from the drives because I have played my original copy of Halo 3 like a billion times across different systems and it doesn't even have a scratch, let alone teeth marks.

Received my first GameFly used game, Crysis 2. Happy overall. Disc had some shmutz, but was easily wiped off with spit and a finger. LE code worked like a charm, and everything else was like-new. Will definitely shop there again.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']^I find that only Gamefly discs have these teeth marks. I wonder where they come from? I agree that it's not from the drives because I have played my original copy of Halo 3 like a billion times across different systems and it doesn't even have a scratch, let alone teeth marks.[/QUOTE]

Earlier in the thread there was a link to an article that stated Gamefly was blaming USPS for it. Apparently USPS's disc sorter ends up nicking the discs when sorted and Gamefly said it was not their fault. Was like 2 year old article but I suppose if nothing's changed that it could still be USPS's fault?

son of a.. First my mafia 2 has the disk rings on it and now i read about the edge nicks, get home, and find about a dozen of them. should have returned it when i had the chance but ill use this as an excuse not to get anymore disks from them. I consider it lessoned learned and it only cost me 7 bucks. Wish i could break away from gamestop as easily but im working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back