GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
My main concern with all these chips on the edges (some of mine are pretty big and deep) is that if and when I accidentally hit something right at those chips areas that linear cracks would form and rendering the discs unplayable/unreadable.

[quote name='ethan1013']I got my Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood today. 2 small chips on the edge of the disc. I don't think that they will affect playback.

I double checked my Dead Space 2 I got from them and the disc was pristine.[/QUOTE]

how does gamefly handle unplayable used game purchases? i emailed them (reported a problem) yesterday afternoon, but haven't got a response or anything yet.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']how does gamefly handle unplayable used game purchases? i emailed them (reported a problem) yesterday afternoon, but haven't got a response or anything yet.[/QUOTE]

They email you a shipping label, you send the game back, they refund you for your purchase.

I got my PS3 Bulletstorm today. It's apparently the limited edition and includes the online code sheet. Alas, the edges have some chips. I'll see if it works before judging though. For 10 dollars I can't be mad.

Little Big Planet 2 seems to be back in stock for whoever missed out earlier, i would hurry though certainly wont last long

if i get killzone 3 from gamefly will it come with an actual killzone 3 case or will it be a generic gamefly case?

you guys say that you complained about the cases and got free ones....

if i recieve a dented/mashed case can i do the same?

i take very good care of my games and my discs, with zero effort. I don't understand why so many others have smashed up cases. You can always tell which games in my set are from gamestop due to the quality difference. I hate crappy cases.

[quote name='BoromirsFan']if i get killzone 3 from gamefly will it come with an actual killzone 3 case or will it be a generic gamefly case?

you guys say that you complained about the cases and got free ones....

if i recieve a dented/mashed case can i do the same?

i take very good care of my games and my discs, with zero effort. I don't understand why so many others have smashed up cases. You can always tell which games in my set are from gamestop due to the quality difference. I hate crappy cases.[/QUOTE]

Gamefly's stuff always comes with the original case/manual/art work and they are always mint. This is because they don't send the rentals out with the original stuff - they keep all that intact and just use it when they sell the games (a very nice thing for all us CAGs who like complete games). The disc, on the other hand, is a crap shoot since it is, after all, a former rental.

And BoromirsFan, the smashed cases discussed here were a result of damage during shipping - it has got nothing to do with how people take care of stuff at home.

FWIW, all the PS3 games I've gotten have been in excellent condition. I wish someone would post a picture of these "chipped" discs so I can see what that even means. I'm not quite sure I follow. It would seem to me any chips on the outside edge would make the disc unplayable since the data goes out to very near the edge.

All you have to do is just run your finger on the outside edges of your PS3 Gamefly used games. You can't miss them. Just place your finger vertical to the edge of the discs, and feel around them. You will feel multiple dents. And upon closer inspections of those dents, you'll see all the chips.

How big of a file can I attach here? Can I PM them to you? I don't have any software that will resize my pictures, but my Canon can take pictures of around 4MB each. I can try to take some pictures of my 2 games that I had just received from Gamefly (Homefront with over 10 dents, and Bulletstorm with about 5 dents), and send them to you.

Edit: I tried posting pictures that I just took, which are a lot clearer and deeper than the one posted below me. But I don't have the option to post attachments right now. Why is that?

I couldn't add them as attachments, so I added them to my "Picture Album." Just click on my Profile, and the Album with 3 pictures of Homefront can be found on the left side.

[quote name='io']FWIW, all the PS3 games I've gotten have been in excellent condition. I wish someone would post a picture of these "chipped" discs so I can see what that even means. I'm not quite sure I follow. It would seem to me any chips on the outside edge would make the disc unplayable since the data goes out to very near the edge.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='io']
FWIW, all the PS3 games I've gotten have been in excellent condition. I wish someone would post a picture of these "chipped" discs so I can see what that even means. I'm not quite sure I follow. It would seem to me any chips on the outside edge would make the disc unplayable since the data goes out to very near the edge.[/QUOTE]

You can see it in this photo. They're scattered around the edges of the whole disc, but don't appear to go deep enough to interfere with disc reading so far. It's like someone inexplicably bumped the edges with a sharp rock.
IMG_20111015_145608.jpg

I received Castlevania and Crysis 2 ( both PS3 ) today. Castlevania was in near mint condition. However, the case for Crysis 2 was broken in half. The manual, cover art and disc seem to be ok. First time it has happened so I've contacted GF to see if they can mail me a plastic case.

received Castlevania(360) today disc look like someone threw it in the dryer for a few cycles the first disc installed 100% now to check disc 2

[quote name='looploop']You can see it in this photo. They're scattered around the edges of the whole disc, but don't appear to go deep enough to interfere with disc reading so far. It's like someone inexplicably bumped the edges with a sharp rock.[/QUOTE]

Save for NFS, almost every recent purchase from Gamefly has been plagued with these. As I recall, the chips are caused by the USPS sorting machines:

http://www.dailytech.com/GameFly+Ac...Favoring+Netflix+Blockbuster/article14969.htm

Since ordering from GF has moreso become a gamble, I'll probably stick to buying used games elsewhere. :\

[quote name='PR Mega X']I'm on day 7 of waiting for my Castlevania order to show up. I won't worry about it until sometime next week, but damn I wish they'd start having multiple games I want on the same damn night ;)[/QUOTE]

Spoke too soon: the game showed up today. And, exactly like the copy they sent me the first time I ordered, it can't read the first disc.

fuck you, Gamefly.

somehow received both :360: DNF (shipped on the 8th) and :ps3: DS2 (shiiped on the 11th) today. DNF is scratched to shit and DS2 has chips in it, both seem to be working fine. Next time I think I'll get priority shipping.

[quote name='Firecrest']Save for NFS, almost every recent purchase from Gamefly has been plagued with these. As I recall, the chips are caused by the USPS sorting machines:

http://www.dailytech.com/GameFly+Ac...Favoring+Netflix+Blockbuster/article14969.htm

Since ordering from GF has moreso become a gamble, I'll probably stick to buying used games elsewhere. :\[/QUOTE]

I remember that article. I had a feeling that might be the cause of the chips on the discs.

I think Gamefly resurfaces the discs before selling them, but the disc being resurfaced wouldn't take away the little chips. But if the chips are so small like they are in the picture above, it should not cause a problem with it playing/working 100% though.

Just got Crysis 2 today for PS3 everything was in great condition but I do see the chips on the edge of the disc. Should I even bother GF for it or just forget about it?

Got Bulletstorm for the 360 today and it was in great shape! Case and manual were brand new and the disc had very minor scratches.

Cars 2 and Lego Pirates for 360 showed up today. Lego Pirates looks mint condition, Cars has a few small scratches, typical of a rental. Both installed and ran fine. Despite some folks having problem, Gamefly has been rock solid for me. 36 games purchased from them over the past 2 years, and never had a bad disc.

This is the first time that I've had issues with the disc condition of a game from Gamefly. My 360 won't read the second disc of the Castlevania I received...

[quote name='kingsnuff']somehow received both :360: DNF (shipped on the 8th) and :ps3: DS2 (shiiped on the 11th) today. DNF is scratched to shit and DS2 has chips in it, both seem to be working fine. Next time I think I'll get priority shipping.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. Bulletstorm Epic Edition (ordered 10/8) and Crysis 2 Limited Edition (ordered 10/11) arrived today (10/15) and both in perfect condition except Bulletstorm had 7 small chips on disc. First one I've ever had like that from Gamefly.

I'll post if it doesn't work right. This still doesn't deter me. Great deals.

Thank you guys for all the feedback. :applause: Good community.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I think Gamefly resurfaces the discs before selling them, but the disc being resurfaced wouldn't take away the little chips. But if the chips are so small like they are in the picture above, it should not cause a problem with it playing/working 100% though.[/QUOTE]

No, Gamefly does not resurface discs. These are rental discs, which have probably been all over the country at one time or another, so you should expect to get a disc in less than great condition. I swore off Gamefly a couple of years back after receiving some beat up discs. I just bought MvC3 from them the other day, so we'll see how that turns out when it gets here. PS3 version, so that should help some. No way I would ever order a 360 disc from Gamefly. You just look at a 360 disc the wrong way and it get's a scratch on it.

[quote name='mcthatch']I think Gamefly resurfaces discs as well. Either that, or I'm getting unused ones.[/QUOTE]

Based on the number of copies they get for a game and how popular it is/was, you might have a shot at getting a copy that was rarely rented out or possibly never rented out. It's a crap shoot.....and I'm unlucky at gambling. lol

are the crysis 2 and killzone 3 used 20$ prices permanent? I don't think anyone else has them that low......

O.O

Im considering getting it but the naysayers are getting to me!

Resurfacing would not cause the chips. You'd see swirls on the disc. Not to mention blu-rays have an extra layer of protection on them.

[quote name='BoromirsFan']are the crysis 2 and killzone 3 used 20$ prices permanent? I don't think anyone else has them that low......

O.O

Im considering getting it but the naysayers are getting to me![/QUOTE]

both are great games and you can resell easy if you don't like em.

Received :ps3: Homefront today. Game was in perfect condition, didn't even have the chips that I've seen on other games I've bought from Gamefly.

Hopefully there will be some more deals on games I want soon.

Anyone have any issues with the HomeFront online code? PSN doesn't say it's used, but that the code is "incorrect or invalid." Googled the issue and apparently it's a huge issue. Tried to contact THQ about it and 4 days and 3 hours worth of hold time later no answer. I've even read issues where people have purchased the code through PSN and gave the same error I got.

Thanks.

Just got my LA Noire and MVC 3 for 360 today. That was fast. Like the rest of the games I ordered, games were pristine. I am really impressed with Gamefly. I can't imagine buying used elsewhere anymore after this. =]

are the used prices for the games without free shipping permanent?

its not the games i am doubtful about, but the people complaining of bad cases and bad discs.

Just received Crysis 2 :ps3: today, and like my other 2 :ps3: games purchased from Gamefly during these sales, Crysis 2 has a bunch of chips on it (7 total).

That's 4 out of 4 Gamefly discs with chips edges all over them. I'm very sorry to say, but I'm done with purchasing my used games from Gamefly. I'll go back to what had always worked before for me, and that's buying used PS3 games from GoHastings. Never had a problem with them.

I don't think that these chips are caused by USPS. Because if that was the case, then all 40 used games or so from Gohastings would have had them as well, and none of them do.

[quote name='Investor']
I don't think that these chips are caused by USPS. Because if that was the case, then all 40 used games or so from Gohastings would have had them as well, and none of them do.[/QUOTE]
wut?

I didn't know GoHastings rented games through the mail in paper envelopes also...

I see what you're saying now.

But what about Netflix? I rent all my used Blu-ray movies from them, and even the older ones don't have chips on them.

[quote name='Newl']wut?

I didn't know GoHastings rented games through the mail in paper envelopes also...[/QUOTE]

I've purchased four (five actually, but recieved four at this point) games from them thus far. Done quite a bit of playing on those games without any problem, and received them in a reasonable amount of time. That being said, all four do have the outside chips everyone keeps talking about. This is just my point of view, but if it causes a problem with my ability to play, than I have a problem. As all have worked without problem... I am without concern.

I ordered stuff (free shipping) on Thursday, it shipped Friday from Long Beach, CA and is in Indianapolis tonight. I cussed when I saw CA instead of PA, but this will probably be the fastest package from Gamefly I've had.

[quote name='mcthatch']I think Gamefly resurfaces discs as well. Either that, or I'm getting unused ones.[/QUOTE]
I don't know for a fact if they do or don't resurface their disk but I assume they don't. I have ordered many games from them and all of them have been at least a little scuffed, while lots have been extremely scratched. I've even had to return a game recently because it was so scratched it wouldn't read. I don't see why they would resurface some but let so many others go out in such bad shape.

[quote name='looploop']You can see it in this photo. They're scattered around the edges of the whole disc, but don't appear to go deep enough to interfere with disc reading so far. It's like someone inexplicably bumped the edges with a sharp rock.
IMG_20111015_145608.jpg
[/QUOTE]

funny, i just got my AC Brotherhood for PS3 with these "chips"...didnt think this was common, but i should be okay...the disc is pristine aside from these marks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back