GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darkskill']Lego Pirates is actually a really fun game. I'm considering getting it again. It's definitely my favorite Lego game, and I've played them all.[/QUOTE]

I'm stoked to own LEGO Pirates for this price! I actually have it out now so I was able to do a Keep It.

I've played them all (now own) too, but I would rank them (360 versions):
Harry Potter 1-4
Star Wars: TCS
Batman
Indiana Jones 2
Pirates
Star Wars II: OT
Star Wars III: TCW
Indiana Jones

Harry Potter 5-7 is going to rock.

I've played most of the DS versions and Batman is epic. It's the most solid portable platform game ever.

Got :360: Cars 2 and :360: LEGO Pirates for my son (and myself). Will make some nice Christmas presents for him. Want to get :ps3: LBP2, but I think it'll be cheaper soon enough.

Dang now I'm thinking about Cars 2 :360: too...

but no...if I do, I won't be able to talk my wife into me getting a decent smartphone :D priorities people!

[quote name='jeebert']My son will love Cars 2! If its 9.99 or less.

If not, he will love a hug and be none the wiser. . .[/QUOTE]

Sorry Alex, I only love you $9.99 worth, sorry son.

Does Cars 2 have multi-player online play? The game description says it does, the lone critic review on Gamefly says it does, but everyone else (normal gamers like us CAGs) say it doesn't...just off-line multi-player mode only.

[quote name='Investor']Does Cars 2 have multi-player online play? The game description says it does, the lone critic review on Gamefly says it does, but everyone else (normal gamers like us CAGs) say it doesn't...just off-line multi-player mode only.[/QUOTE]

Based off a quick search, I think it only has LOCAL multiplayer but not online play. Take what I say with a grain of salt but that's what I'm seeing so far.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']man I want to get into these nightly deals but gamefly keeps rejecting my credit card[/QUOTE]

Are you using a prepaid credit card? Others (including me) have had problems with those as well. If not, then idk.

Going to pass on tonight's deals, I did snag Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 yesterday and also I got Crysis 2 and Killzone 3 in the mail yesterday:D Thanks OP

[quote name='voidedx']I'm stoked to own LEGO Pirates for this price! I actually have it out now so I was able to do a Keep It.

I've played them all (now own) too, but I would rank them (360 versions):
Harry Potter 1-4
Star Wars: TCS
Batman
Indiana Jones 2
Pirates
Star Wars II: OT
Star Wars III: TCW
Indiana Jones

Harry Potter 5-7 is going to rock.

I've played most of the DS versions and Batman is epic. It's the most solid portable platform game ever.[/QUOTE]

pretty much exactly how I'd rank them too, except i haven't played Pirates yet. Just finishing Star Wars III Clone and i just haven't been able to get into it that much... the narrative is a mess for someone who hasn't seen the whole TV series, and the strategy-lite sections aren't that much fun despite all the praise that reviewers heaped upon it. Also, I'm ok with them trying something new, but dammit i don't want 500 robots shooting at me when I'm trying to get my minikits!!!

Been waiting for LBP2 to drop - gotta pick it up for that price! Decided I'm going to hold off on Lego Pirates though until it drops a bit more.

[quote name='pasolini']pretty much exactly how I'd rank them too, except i haven't played Pirates yet. Just finishing Star Wars III Clone and i just haven't been able to get into it that much... the narrative is a mess for someone who hasn't seen the whole TV series, and the strategy-lite sections aren't that much fun despite all the praise that reviewers heaped upon it. Also, I'm ok with them trying something new, but dammit i don't want 500 robots shooting at me when I'm trying to get my minikits!!![/QUOTE]

Funny, it was the strategy-lite parts as well as the 100's of characters on screen that puts LSW III up top as my favorite (though I haven't played more than 5 minutes of Harry Potter yet despite buying it at release). I rate Pirates pretty low because it is just pretty much more of the same from previous games but without any sort of interesting powers to use. After playing all these non-Star Wars Lego games for so long it was awesome to get back to light saber slicing battle droids - that is by far the best "combat" in the Lego series. (I played LSW III just recently after playing Pirates).

[quote name='CaseX']Are you using a prepaid credit card? Others (including me) have had problems with those as well. If not, then idk.[/QUOTE]

I've been successful using the Bestbuy pre-paid visa cards. As long as you go to www.giftcardmall.com/mygift and activate the card there should be no problem seeing that it would be attached to your name and address. The only thing that may happen is that the order might take a little longer to process than usual.

Best of luck.

Damn, I JUST bought lbp2 and find out there's a lbp2 special edition coming out soon. Oh well, $11 with my gamefly coupon, I can buy the bonus items I want when it gets here.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']man I want to get into these nightly deals but gamefly keeps rejecting my credit card[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem a few months ago; Gamefly is a stickler for all I's being dotted and T's crossed re: that your exact name and address have to be EXACTLY as written on your Credit Card and Address to boot. May want to check that out...

[quote name='boogie4114']I've been successful using the Bestbuy pre-paid visa cards. As long as you go to www.giftcardmall.com/mygift and activate the card there should be no problem seeing that it would be attached to your name and address. The only thing that may happen is that the order might take a little longer to process than usual.

Best of luck.[/QUOTE]

I did not know this. When I first tried to use one last week it didn't work so I just assumed they didn't take Visa gift cards. It would have been nice to use those instead of my regular card since my Best Buy Visa is "gaming money" so to speak.

[quote name='JungleRot'] This is an excellent price for LPOTC.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think the prices are all fantastic minus LBP2 (PS3), otherwise, (and considering I would rate 80% of the games I have been receiving in "Like New" Condition), they (GameFly) beat the brakes off the competitors (with the grand majority of these deals)...

[quote name='CaseX']Are you using a prepaid credit card? Others (including me) have had problems with those as well. If not, then idk.[/QUOTE]

nope I'm using a regular Visa credit card, I tried to use it renew my gamefly membership a couple of weeks ago, also tried it on these nightly deals and I get an 'unable to process' error message every single time. I know its not the CC since I've used it to pre-order Battlefield 3 from Amazon, I bought an HDD from newegg as well without any problems.... I'm not sure exactly why they are turning down my CC, I may have to contact their customer service

All right, I'm in for Pirates and Harry Potter 1-4 LEGO as great games for co-op with my girl friend. FInally snagged one of these deals, thanks CAG!

I'm thinking about LBP2, it was $19.99 new at Toys R Us last week (before it went out of stock).

Edit: Well I guess it's OOS now, so that settles that haha.

I keep putting lego potc in my cart and go to checkout.......debate..then remove it. I can not justify buying it with my backlog. It is such a good price and game. I am torturing myself

Went ahead and got Lego Pirates. It likely won't be touched for a long time with Rage still being played, Arkham City next week and Uncharted 3 next month but it's a decent enough price lol

Has anyone gotten there games from last Thursday (I think it was Thursday).

I bought Bulletstorm and Duke Nukem Forever when they came back in stock, two separate orders, and have gotten neither of them yet. Seems like its been a while. Maybe I'm just spoiled by prime...

[quote name='wuxbustah8']Has anyone gotten there games from last Thursday (I think it was Thursday).

I bought Bulletstorm and Duke Nukem Forever when they came back in stock, two separate orders, and have gotten neither of them yet. Seems like its been a while. Maybe I'm just spoiled by prime...[/QUOTE]

Bought Killzone 3 on the 6th and castlevania on the 8th and did not receive either yet

Grabbed Lego Pirates, thanks, my wife has wanted this one for a while but I can't justify $50 on a lego game when we all know they go to $20 eventually.

for anyone that is bummed they didn't catch the LBP2 deal, note the other thread about the Playstation black friday deal which includes a special edition LBP2. Doesn't mean LBP2 SE will be a good deal anytime soon, but it'll force down the price of the original LBP2.

[quote name='wuxbustah8']Has anyone gotten there games from last Thursday (I think it was Thursday).

I bought Bulletstorm and Duke Nukem Forever when they came back in stock, two separate orders, and have gotten neither of them yet. Seems like its been a while. Maybe I'm just spoiled by prime...[/QUOTE]

I received my copies of Crysis 2, Duke, and Bulletstorm just fine.

I also bought Killzone 3 on the 6th and Castlevania on the 8th. Received Killzone 3 today. At first glance, the disc was in perfect conditions with only a few finger prints. But after reading about all these people receiving chipped PS3 game discs, I check on my 3 games that I had received from Gamefly and that I initially thought were in perfect conditions.

And sure enough, they all had numerous, deep chips on the edges. Homefront had over 10 chips, Bulletstorm had around 5 chips with some very deep ones. Killzone 3 had 3 chips with one very deep one. When I first tried to play Killzone 3 in Botzone mode, it took about 2-3 minutes trying to load the map (which it never was able to), and I so got worried. I had to quite out the game, and reload the game to get it to work. Haven't played Bulletstorm yet.

Does Gamefly only sell off their chipped PS3 games? None of the 20 or so games from Gohastings I had purchased had any chips on the edges (but they are used copies and not previewed ones).

[quote name='Nitro_']Bought Killzone 3 on the 6th and castlevania on the 8th and did not receive either yet[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']I also bought Killzone 3 on the 6th and Castlevania on the 8th. Received Killzone 3 today. At first glance, the disc was in perfect conditions with only a few finger prints. But after reading about all these people receiving chipped PS3 game discs, I check on my 3 games that I had received from Gamefly and that I initially thought were in perfect conditions.

And sure enough, they all had numerous, deep chips on the edges. Homefront had over 10 chips, Bulletstorm had around 5 chips with some very deep ones. Killzone 3 had 3 chips with one very deep one. When I first tried to play Killzone 3 in Botzone mode, it took about 2-3 minutes trying to load the map (which it never was able to), and I so got worried. I had to quite out the game, and reload the game to get it to work. Haven't played Bulletstorm yet.

Does Gamefly only sell off their chipped PS3 games? None of the 20 or so games from Gohastings I had purchased had any chips on the edges (but they are used copies and not previewed ones).[/QUOTE]

I never saw chips in my ps3 discs except from gamefly. I figure it is from a machine that processes the games in and out. I doubt it is from human use.

I ordered Vanquish, Dead Space 2 and Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions for $40 on monday and got them earlier today (thursday). Surprisingly quick, when I bought Portal 2 and Fable 3 off them they weren't nearly this fast.

also: drat, missed LBP2 :(

Hmm, well I think orders of more than one game get better shipping and DC. Thats probably the difference.

Even with the horrible reviews, I am actually really looking forward to Duke Nukem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back