GameFly Nightly Deals II: Crysis 2 $10, Transformers DotM (360) $13, Cartel (PS3) $15

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: November 2011 Under $10 Blowout Now in Progress!

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

This is the last nightly sale for the week. Monthly sale hits next week.

:360: Crysis 2 $9.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $9.99
:360: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $12.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $14.99
:360: Dynasty Warriors 7 $17.99
:ps3: Dynasty Warriors 7 $17.99

Expired deals [hiddenlist]

Friday
:360: The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout $9.99
:360: Yoostar 2 In the Movies $9.99
:360: Kinect Sports $12.99
:ps3: MAG $9.99
:ps3: PlayStation Move Heroes $7.99

Thursday
:360: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction $9.99
:360: James Bond: Blood Stone $12.99
:360: WWE All Stars $12.99
:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters $14.99
:ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters $14.99
:ps3: Infamous 2 $19.99

Tuesday
:360: Medal of Honor $9.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: NASCAR 2011: The Game $12.99
:ps3: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:ps3: Yakuza 4 $14.99

Thursday
:360: Apache Air Assault $9.99
:360: Shift 2 Unleashed: Need for Speed $9.99
:360: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $14.99
:ps3: Heavy Rain $14.99
:360: Kung Fu Panda 2 $14.99
:ps3: Kung Fu Panda 2 $14.99
:ds: Kung Fu Panda 2 $9.99
:wii: Kung Fu Panda 2 - uDraw $9.99

Wednesday
:360: Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos $9.99
:ps3: Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos $9.99
:360: MotionSports $9.99
:ps3: WWE All-Stars $12.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $14.99

Tuesday
:360: Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom $9.99
:ps3: Top Spin 4 $9.99
:360: You Don't Know Jack $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 3 $14.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 3 $14.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree about the condition of their games. I've bought over 20 games from them in the last 6 years and the last 2 I have received were in poor condition at best. Though according to their chat rep they inspect every game for scratches and test every game to make sure they work but he also said sometimes a defective product gets sent. So I guess by inspecting and testing all they don't really mean the definition of all that most people think of when they hear the word all. This quality control issue is probably the result of downsizing. Its a shame when a good company gets ruined.

The games I've received from them have always been a bit beat-up (which is expected because they are ex-rentals, after all). I did once receive a 360 game from them with a huge crack in the disc, but returning it was easy and they send you a pre-paid label. Everything else has worked and I've ordered a good amount of games from them.

Got Heavy Rain today, was very slightly chipped a couple times on the edges. Not deep at all, but you can see it if you look closely and you can feel it if you run your finger across the edge of the disc. I doubt it will effect anything, and it certainly isn't as bad as a lot of people have gotten, but this is a first for me.

How long after I bought a game will they let me return it? My copy of Cars 2 doesn't want to play anymore. It says unrecoginized disc and I've tried cleaning it and boiling it (works for OXM discs)

Got my copy of Crysis 2 LE :ps3: today. The case/book is perfect, the disc has some tiny chips around the edges, but nothing major. Also got the LE code with it. I think its a good deal for $10 :)

The disc being chipped but still working isn't so much a problem as what a chipped disc can do to the drive in terms of balance and/or further chipping off more pieces which would end-up in your drive thus ruining it.

It's basically a vicious cycle that, once started by having a chipped disc, can lead to hardware failure. That's why I'm worried about it and will be sending it back if mine arrives chipped...not worth potentially ruining the disc drive.

edit: Mine just arrived. Limited edition with a working code and minimal edge chipping. For as seemingly flimsy as disc based media seems it really is a resilient one in that chips and scratches and even minor UV damage still won't make your disc not work. The problem really is with how sensitive the drives are mechanically to being thrown off balance and large enough chipping can and will lead to a domino effect and the higher the speed at which the disc spins the more likely it is to happen.

Just got my Kinect sports on the mail. The disc came beat up, but installs fine and plays fine. I am still happy, but I recommend buying ps3 games instead (if the game is multi), because the bluray is more resistant to scratches.

Received my $10 Crysis 2 Limited Edition in the mail today, complete with the DLC code. PS3 version and no scratches or chips. When I buy a PS3 game from Gamefly it's usually in very good to great condition. When I buy a 360 game it's usually in average to poor condition. Blu-Ray discs just hold up to abuse a lot better. I've had a few 360 discs crack from the center ring from just taking them in and out from their factory cases. PS3 cases are more durable than the flimsy plastic cases the 360 games use. I'll no longer even consider buying 360 games from Gamefly.

[quote name='GoreObsessed']Got my crysis 2 today. Non Limited Edition box but the disc says Limited edition and no code... :([/QUOTE]

Same here. Hopefully it doesn't matter.

How long does it usually take to receive your game? They emailed me that tiger woods 12
Shipped last Saturday and I still have not received it. Should I be worried?

Received Crysis 2 today for PS3. It was the limited edition disc and case with code in good condition. Hoping for some more good deals in the monthly sale.

just got my Transformers DOTM in today for 360.

This is the 1st 360 game i've bought from gamefly.
Normally i only buy PS3 games from gamefly cause of bluray durability.

Of course being this is the first 360 game i've bought it has one large scratch on it, and i hoped i could still install the game. Unfortunately the game is unplayable. I've tried installing it on 2 of my xbox's now and im trying on the 3rd now. Says disc is unreadable around 42% installed.

Im wondering if i should just return it or try to take it to a local store i know that resurfaces discs for $2.

How often do GF repeat previous sales? I really wanted WWE Allstars for $10 but didnt have a job at the time, now that I do its $22 with shipping. Any chance they put it back at 9.99 used soon?

Got my Crysis 2:360: Disc doesn't look great, but it installed 100% and plays perfectly. Came with a code but I haven't tried it out yet. Between my PS3, 360, and Wii, I'm 11 for 11 from Gamefly. I'm sorry to hear others are having such bad luck with discs, but Gamefly has been great to me :)

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']The disc being chipped but still working isn't so much a problem as what a chipped disc can do to the drive in terms of balance and/or further chipping off more pieces which would end-up in your drive thus ruining it.

It's basically a vicious cycle that, once started by having a chipped disc, can lead to hardware failure. That's why I'm worried about it and will be sending it back if mine arrives chipped...not worth potentially ruining the disc drive.[/QUOTE]

These days you you can simply install the game and play it off the drive, keeping disc spinning to a bare minimum. I don't see why people are so worried about this.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']not to be annoying but can someone please answer my question. Yet again I do apologize but I would really like to know, so I can plan my spending until BF.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, WWE All Stars originally went on sale for $12.99 for PS3, than a week or so later the Xbox version dropped to that price. Not sure if that means anything, but I thought it was kind of weird that they staggered that sale.

Gamefly does repeat sales (they repeated Crysis 2 and lots of last month's nightly deals in the monthly sale) and I would recommend waiting to see what the monthly deals bring next week, but if it's not there then I wouldn't count on it dropping anytime soon. Also, I would think it would depend on how well it sold during the nightly deals and how many they still have in stock. I bought the PS3 version right away so I don't know if it went OOS quickly or lingered around for a while, someone else might know that.

Just my 2 cents.

[quote name='tylerh1701']IIRC, WWE All Stars originally went on sale for $12.99 for PS3, than a week or so later the Xbox version dropped to that price. Not sure if that means anything, but I thought it was kind of weird that they staggered that sale.

Gamefly does repeat sales (they repeated Crysis 2 and lots of last month's nightly deals in the monthly sale) and I would recommend waiting to see what the monthly deals bring next week, but if it's not there then I wouldn't count on it dropping anytime soon. Also, I would think it would depend on how well it sold during the nightly deals and how many they still have in stock. I bought the PS3 version right away so I don't know if it went OOS quickly or lingered around for a while, someone else might know that.

Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

thank you good sir for your response. So I guess ill find out monday what the monthly deals are.

I've ordered many games from Gamefly, for PS3 and 360 alike, and I feel like some clarification is deserved on behalf of Gamefly if my games are an accurate sampling of their product.

They aren't chips, they are dents.

If you look closely, you can press the chipped area back into shape with a fingernail to prove this point. With regards to balance, the mass is still there (albeit ever-so-slightly unevenly distributed), but if it's really important to you you can do your best to reshape them with a hard point of some kind.

This also makes more sense than chips, because the games are shipped in sleeves, which would impart impact but not friction, and the plastic for discs is not brittle.

Anyway, this probably doesn't change anything for anyone this bothers, but it seems worth clarifying.

No. They are chips, as in parts of the actual discs BROKE off. But don't take my word for it. Click on my signature below, and look at all 5 games that I've ever received from them in my album.

Maybe yours may be dents. But I'm pissed as hell at you if you are trying to marginalize and belittle what actually happened to a lot of us CAGS here, or trying to cover-up for Gamefly.

[quote name='supershammy']I've ordered many games from Gamefly, for PS3 and 360 alike, and I feel like some clarification is deserved on behalf of Gamefly if my games are an accurate sampling of their product.

They aren't chips, they are dents.

If you look closely, you can press the chipped area back into shape with a fingernail to prove this point. With regards to balance, the mass is still there (albeit ever-so-slightly unevenly distributed), but if it's really important to you you can do your best to reshape them with a hard point of some kind.

This also makes more sense than chips, because the games are shipped in sleeves, which would impart impact but not friction, and the plastic for discs is not brittle.

Anyway, this probably doesn't change anything for anyone this bothers, but it seems worth clarifying.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']No. They are chips, as in parts of the actual discs BROKE off. But don't take my word for it. Click on my signature below, and look at all 5 games that I've ever received from them in my album.[/QUOTE]

I've received PS3 discs like those, too. Don't even know how it happens. Do Gamefly renters just toss discs around when they're bored or something? I've never chipped a single one of my own discs. I'll know in a week if Amazon accepts them for trade-in. Lol.

Got my copy of crysis 2 yesterday LE code intact. The disk is a bit chipped but oh well its still a sick deal. Man playing online is brutal though they have matchmaking for levels 1-10 only but then they throw you out into the real world and your level 11 playing against all level 50's. Its frustrating to say the least. -_-.

[quote name='Magicman103']Got my copy of crysis 2 yesterday LE code intact. The disk is a bit chipped but oh well its still a sick deal. Man playing online is brutal though they have matchmaking for levels 1-10 only but then they throw you out into the real world and your level 11 playing against all level 50's. Its frustrating to say the least. -_-.[/QUOTE]

I was afraid of that, too, but I totally lucked out. Got MVP on my very first game. Went from lvl 1 to lvl 3. Lol. The secret is don't run out into the open, especially since there's the invisi ability. It's hard to spot people. I stay along the edges of the walls/corridors/rooms.

I don't know if it's cuz there are less people online now, but multiplayer is definitely not as laggy as during the demo.

If anyone JUST getting into the Crysis 2 MP is interested (and on PS3 ;)), there was an idea proposed on the ps3trophies.org forum to add "PS3T" as your clan tag.

Generally speaking, any time you see folks sporting that tag, we group up and play / boost trophies (if needed).

Some of the trophies are pretty brutal, and require a ridiculous amount of skill and/or luck
(namely 'Psycho' from the skill-kill list!)
. That said, I suggest folks hit up the Crysis 2 boosting thread, and find folks to play with there.

I hope that helps some of you folks out.

[quote name='normal79']Any idea what day/time the 'Monthly Sale' starts?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Tonious']I second this.[/QUOTE]
Yeah Cheapy, can you be a bit more specific? I'm really hoping to get red dead redemption for the monthly sale.

Still waiting on for my Crysis 2 :(
Also part of me is happy the sales will be back but part of me is concerned of how many titles I will so want add to my pile of shame :)

For what it's worth I also received the LE version of Crysis 2

In other news: I can't freaking wait till the monthly deal goes live. I'm going to hit refresh like a mother fucker till it drops

received my copy of Crysis 2 for 360. It was the Limited Edition version with code and in great shape. It sucks that some are having issues but all games i have ordered have been in very good shape.

You know. I've read enough of these postings from honest people who have claimed that all their games/orders from Gamefly have had NO chipped issues, I'm beginning to think that it may be a regional warehouse or processing center issue.

The Pittsburgh shipping center is the closest to me. Where is your shipping center?

It may be that some centers are only putting up their chipped games for sale, while others have already got rid of this egregious practice and are selling only the non-damaged discs now.

[quote name='carldisc']received my copy of Crysis 2 for 360. It was the Limited Edition version with code and in great shape. It sucks that some are having issues but all games i have ordered have been in very good shape.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']You know. I've read enough of these postings from honest people who have claimed that all their games/orders from Gamefly have had NO chipped issues, I'm beginning to think that it may be a regional warehouse or processing center issue.

The Michigan shipping center is the closest to me. Where is your shipping center?

It may be that some centers are only putting up their chipped games for sale, while others have already got rid of this egregious practice and are selling only the non-damaged discs now.[/QUOTE]

I've been getting all my games from the Pittsburgh shipping center, no problems with a disc yet.

[quote name='Investor']You know. I've read enough of these postings from honest people who have claimed that all their games/orders from Gamefly have had NO chipped issues, I'm beginning to think that it may be a regional warehouse or processing center issue.

The Michigan shipping center is the closest to me. Where is your shipping center?

It may be that some centers are only putting up their chipped games for sale, while others have already got rid of this egregious practice and are selling only the non-damaged discs now.[/QUOTE]

It's either that, or people don't look for the chips (or don't know what they look like). I know I wouldn't have noticed if people in this thread didn't mention it. I mostly look for scratches, not chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back