GameFly Nightly Deals II: Crysis 2 $10, Transformers DotM (360) $13, Cartel (PS3) $15

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: November 2011 Under $10 Blowout Now in Progress!

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

This is the last nightly sale for the week. Monthly sale hits next week.

:360: Crysis 2 $9.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $9.99
:360: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $12.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $14.99
:360: Dynasty Warriors 7 $17.99
:ps3: Dynasty Warriors 7 $17.99

Expired deals [hiddenlist]

Friday
:360: The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout $9.99
:360: Yoostar 2 In the Movies $9.99
:360: Kinect Sports $12.99
:ps3: MAG $9.99
:ps3: PlayStation Move Heroes $7.99

Thursday
:360: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction $9.99
:360: James Bond: Blood Stone $12.99
:360: WWE All Stars $12.99
:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters $14.99
:ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters $14.99
:ps3: Infamous 2 $19.99

Tuesday
:360: Medal of Honor $9.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: NASCAR 2011: The Game $12.99
:ps3: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:ps3: Yakuza 4 $14.99

Thursday
:360: Apache Air Assault $9.99
:360: Shift 2 Unleashed: Need for Speed $9.99
:360: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $14.99
:ps3: Heavy Rain $14.99
:360: Kung Fu Panda 2 $14.99
:ps3: Kung Fu Panda 2 $14.99
:ds: Kung Fu Panda 2 $9.99
:wii: Kung Fu Panda 2 - uDraw $9.99

Wednesday
:360: Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos $9.99
:ps3: Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos $9.99
:360: MotionSports $9.99
:ps3: WWE All-Stars $12.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $14.99

Tuesday
:360: Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom $9.99
:ps3: Top Spin 4 $9.99
:360: You Don't Know Jack $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 3 $14.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 3 $14.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Crysis 2. My game backlog is already riduculous and getting bigger. Thanks Gamefly and thanks cheapy. BTW got Infamous 2 today and it is in great shape. I try to avoid the Xbox games. Way too many scratches while the PS3 games are scratch free.

Is Crysis better on ps3 or 360? I prefer my shooters on the Xbox. Thought I'd check with you all before I buy.

[quote name='gldoorii']Is Crysis better on ps3 or 360? I prefer my shooters on the Xbox. Thought I'd check with you all before I buy.[/QUOTE]

The developers said that the PS3 version is slightly better.

It is most certainly visually better optimized on the 360.

That said, I got the PS3 version because, unless you compare them side by side and have people constantly telling you which is the better version, you won't care. Also, I only have a PS3. :p

[quote name='Dominick331']In for :ps3: Crysis2, hope it comes in good condition, been a while since I bought a used game but couldn't resist at $10.[/QUOTE]

Same.

I'd say it's been at least 10 years since I've purchased a used game so if this one arrives chipped/scratched then I'll go right back to not buying used.

[quote name='Lucky13']The only thing better than $9.99 console games is rpg's sig[/QUOTE]

Yeah no shit. "I came here to post a thank you or something but mmm boobies!"

[quote name='kklems']time to get crysis 2, finish single player and get my achievement for playing 6 months after first time playing[/QUOTE]

Is this really a thing? Just change the date on your console!

Man Crysis 2 is a great deal at $10. Fun game and the type of single player FPS that offers something great besides just the prelude to multiplayer.

Now that my year long odyssey of trying to get crysis 2 for a great deal is over (finally lol) what are peoples impressions of this game ? It looks so cool but what should I expect ?

[quote name='illennium']I've barely played the first Uncharted (maybe an hour in) and I'm friends with the lead designer. I totally outfail both of you.[/QUOTE]

Obviously not good friends...I kid I kid :)...but really...I would disown you if I worked on Uncharted and you never played it.

Just received my copy of InFamous 2 today in the mail. The disc had a few fingerprints on it but was otherwise in pristine condition. The only disappointment was that one of the clasps on the case was broken but that's an extremely minor thing especially considering the price. Overall I am very pleased with the game that busted my Gamefly purchasing cherry... :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']Now that my year long odyssey of trying to get crysis 2 for a great deal is over (finally lol) what are peoples impressions of this game ? It looks so cool but what should I expect ?[/QUOTE]

very beautiful and the gunplay feels powerful. the first person perspective is done very well and with extreme cinematic flare. it's a fun playthrough, but it doesn't do much of anything better than most shooters at the end of the day, and the dialogue is so bad it's insulting :lol:

it advertises variety but really all you can do is play hide-and-seek with the invisibility mechanism your suit has, which is only enjoyable the first few times. everything else is fairly basic -- manning turrets, vehicles, sniping, etc... It will satisfy the trigger finger, but compared to earlier Crysis games, it's not all that special. And like all Crysis games, the multiplayer is a complete mess.

easily worth $10 though.

That is an awesome price on Dynasty Warriors 7 as these games don't drop in price much. I am tempted to go back to Crysis 2 mutiplayer but BF3 and eventually MW3 will take most of my time.

[quote name='Plastics']Just bought DW7...

CAG, tell me...did I make a mistake?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you made a terrible mistake. 12.99 would have been acceptable.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Now that my year long odyssey of trying to get crysis 2 for a great deal is over (finally lol) what are peoples impressions of this game ? It looks so cool but what should I expect ?[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I really didn't get the best first impressions...gameplay wise that is, the graphics are incredible (especially the opening). I wasn't digging the superhuman vision the A.I. had that prevented me from stepping out in the open for even a split second and to be even more picky, the sound made from the assault rifle was driving me fucking bananas. After the game saved a checkpoint while I was being shot right in the face with a shotgun, pretty much forcing me to restart the level and then proceeding to freeze as soon as I did, I had to stop playing.

All that said though, I regret trading the game in to BestBuy without finishing it. It really felt like there was a great game underneath all that virtual feces I encountered and for $10, nobody can go wrong in trying to find out.

[quote name='Plastics']Just bought DW7...

CAG, tell me...did I make a mistake?[/QUOTE]

Only if you have a PS3 (DW7 Xtreme Legends is out soon for PS3)

[quote name='panzerfaust']You can probably grab Warhead for that price, which is an exponentially better experience.[/QUOTE]I already have Warhead. Never finished it. Got stuck at the crash site ambush early and never went back. I should play some of the backlog. All of it, in fact.

So I am not going to get my copy of Shadows of the Damned. I just checked my email and have an email from GameFly saying that they have received the game back.
So I am going to email them, but I am probably just going to end up getting a refund. Sucks, because the game looks good.

[quote name='jsivley']I played thru Transformers War for Cybertron and thought it was just OK. How does DotM compare?[/QUOTE]
It's not as good as WfC. The multiplayer is decent but the lag is crazy. If your really into achievements it's a pretty easy 1000.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Agreed. He should have gotten dw6 as its the same game[/QUOTE]

C'mon, DW 7 has so much more content than DW 6. I know that I put a ton more time into 7 than 6. 7 has an awesome story mode, too.

[quote name='AsherFischell']C'mon, DW 7 has so much more content than DW 6. I know that I put a ton more time into 7 than 6. 7 has an awesome story mode, too.[/QUOTE]
7 is good, 6 is bad. I thought most people knew it.
6 was soooo awful. Especially since Warriors Orochi and the first Gundam game came out a bit before, so they definitely soured my experiences with 6. Orochi, Samurai Warriors 2, and Gundam were such better games than 6. But 7 more than makes up for 6's failings.
[quote name='madbst']Bit on Crysis 2. Pretty sure I've gotten worse games for more than $10 (Far Cry 2)[/QUOTE]
I don't play much multiplayer, but Crysis 2 MP is pretty fun. I just started playing it and am having a blast with it. I wish I had gotten in on it when it came out. I cannot speak for the single player though, because I have only tried one mission, which is weird, because 99.9% of the time, I only play SP and not MP.

[quote name='madbst']Bit on Crysis 2. Pretty sure I've gotten worse games for more than $10 (Far Cry 2)[/QUOTE]

Lol, I know what you mean...

*walks 10 steps*

"Grabin pill--uh oh"

*dead*

Awesome. I am really lucky you guys do not like DW. I am a really big fan of three kingdom games. This is the lowest used price I have ever seen. Can't pass it.

From the inflated $45 used to a reasonable $17 used is a big drop for DW7. I should not have bought it for 360 since we're getting screwed out of DW7XL but whatever. It's been on my list.

Didn't take long for Amazon to drop the prices they were taking it for.

Not to mention, Dynasty Warriors 7 sells for about $30 used on Amazon at the lowest price, so you can at least sell it for what you paid for it. I bought a copy, too, and I'll probably beat it, enjoy it, and then sell it for a small profit. If not, it's no big deal.

[quote name='Birbo']Yep, I bit on Crysis 2. My wife is gonna kill me.[/QUOTE]

Over $10? You gotta put her in her place. :lol: JK.

[quote name='jsivley']I played thru Transformers War for Cybertron and thought it was just OK. How does DotM compare?[/QUOTE]

I thought Dark of the Moon was horrible. Graphics looked like crap, game was like 4-5 hours long and not much fun to play at all. The game really pushes the new third "car with weapons" mode that wasn't much fun to play in my opinion, and driving as a vehicle was horrible. As I said in my review of the game, "I recommend doing what Michael Bay did to Megan Fox and replacing Dark of the Moon with something that is easier to work with." My full review of the game if anyone is interested.

I am tempted by Crysis 2, and if I thought the TIV would hold for sure I'd consider DotM for that alone.

[quote name='leiguan']Awesome. I am really lucky you guys do not like DW. I am a really big fan of three kingdom games. This is the lowest used price I have ever seen. Can't pass it.[/QUOTE]
Oh, it's a great deal for sure. I was so pumped to get a copy from Kmart a couple months back for $39.99, because no where had any kind of deals on it after release.

Got my inFamous2 in today, perfect condition, even still has the Uncharted 3 Beta voucher unscratched (only expired in July!). Love me some GameFly deals, keep em coming, my wish list is dwindling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back