GameFly October 2012 Used Game Sale - Under $15 Blowout

PancakesAreLove

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale has returned with under $15 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 10/22.\

Update: look for out-of-stock items to return Saturday and Monday.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:ps3:
Rage $7.99
X-men Destiny $8.99
Uncharted 3 $9.99
SSX $9.99
Mass Effect 3 $9.99
Madden 12 $9.99
Armored Core V $9.99
Heavy Fire Afghanistan $9.99
Ridge Racer Unbounded $9.99
Spiderman Edge of Time $9.99
NHL 12 $9.99
WWE 12 $9.99
Syndicate $9.99
L.A. Noire $9.99
Resistance 3 $12.99
Ratchet and Clank All for One $12.99
Street Fighter X Tekken $12.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations $12.99
NBA 2k12 $12.99
The Adventures of Tintin $12.99
Blades of Time $12.99
Batman Arkham City $14.99
Battlefield 3 $14.99
Alice Madness Returns $14.99
Binary Domain $14.99
God of War Origins Collection $14.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $14.99
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi $14.99
Max Payne 3 $17.99
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier $17.99

:360:
L.A. Noire $7.99
Crysis 2 $7.99
Rage $7.99
SSX $9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $9.99
Gears of War 3 $9.99
Prototype $9.99
Mass Effect 3 $9.99
Madden 12 $9.99
Armored Core V $9.99
Ninja Gaiden 3 $9.99
Soul Caliber V $9.99
Syndicate $9.99
Darkness II $9.99
Fifa Street $12.99
Ridge Racer Unbounded $12.99
Spider-Man: Edge of Time $12.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations $12.99
NBA 2K12 $12.99
Dance Central 2 $12.99
Kinect Disneyland Adventures $12.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $12.99
Kinectimals $14.99
Batman: Arkham City $14.99
Binary Domain $14.99
Devil May Cry HD Collection $14.99
Jurassic Park: The Game $14.99
Max Payne 3 $17.99
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier $17.99
Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition $17.99

Last edited by a moderator:
My games have shipped. Maybe I'm lucky or I don't pay attention but I've bought at least 25+ used games from them over the years and not once has there ever been a problem with a game being chipped (and as long as they work then who really cares?).

How often do they restock?
I got the email while I was at work the other day and by the time I got home everything I wanted is sold out -_-

I'm in for Kingdoms of amalur and mass effect 3 on 360 and uncharted 3 and SSX for ps3

my orders of ps3 uncharted 3/wwe 12 just shipped, but its coming from pennsylvania to california so it will likely take a week or longer

i remember in previous orders theyd send from distribution centers in southern california which would arrive much faster, but this was 3 or 4 years ago. guessed theyve changed it since

[quote name='rly723']my orders of ps3 uncharted 3/wwe 12 just shipped, but its coming from pennsylvania to california so it will likely take a week or longer

i remember in previous orders theyd send from distribution centers in southern california which would arrive much faster, but this was 3 or 4 years ago. guessed theyve changed it since[/QUOTE]

They ship everywhere. I had items from shipped from Florida, Alaska, California, Pennsylvania, and Washington. I think Pittsburgh is the main warehouse though.

This was the first time I actually got the California location from GF. I was shocked to see them shipped within a hour of ordering and got them the next day.

Anyone recommend spiderman edge of time thinking about getting or waiting for the 9.99 price point heard lots of bad flak. Did enjoy shattered dimensions a lot and ecen enjoyed friends and foe enough to 1000 point it.

[quote name='reko8']I don't have full blown OCD, but when it comes to my game collection, I don't really like the Platinum hits etc. because the cases/sleeves make the artwork look terrible. Everything that's included with the game doesn't have to be perfect. I just hate that look of a Platinum hits game next to non-Platinum hits games.

You don't have to report in if it's Platinum Hits, but thanks for the offer. The deal will most likely be over by then. It's just a risk I'll have to take.[/QUOTE]

You aren't the only one. I still look with disdain at my greatest hits version of Tekken on PS1. Everything is black label except for it, with its nasty ass green greatest hits logo.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Should have known. Never takes long.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='IanKazimer']Took longer than I expected, honestly.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing...hope this doesn't devolve the whole conversation into the sinking pit of dissatisfaction :roll:

[quote name='Wint3rSoldier']bollucks...

wish Starhawk was on there[/QUOTE]

The single player and all DLC is currently free on playstation+, just in case you were unaware. If you want it for multiplayer, though, that won't help you and I sympathize.

I missed out on Gears 3 sadly but I saw Dead Island Vanilla for 13. I have all the DLC and do wanna get one more playthrough before Riptide comes out.

[quote name='odd mr t']The single player and all DLC is currently free on playstation+, just in case you were unaware. If you want it for multiplayer, though, that won't help you and I sympathize.[/QUOTE]

Not to help push it, but I checked my copy of AC Revelations I got a bit back and edges were chipped, I installed it to my hard drive and it installed perfectly. So then since the install had no problems, that would mean Ill have no problems when I want to play it?

[quote name='odd mr t']The single player and all DLC is currently free on playstation+, just in case you were unaware. If you want it for multiplayer, though, that won't help you and I sympathize.[/QUOTE]

Starhawk (and Warhawk) exists for multiplayer.

[quote name='camoor']Got Binary Domain last night and having a great time talking shit to my computer teammates. The voice commands are great.[/QUOTE]
:lol:me too

Syndicate is back in stock for 360, wasn't sure if I was the only one having trouble getting a copy these past few days. Picked up Warhammer 40k Space Marine as well, I hope that is a blast.

Hey everyone, I've purchased games in the past from Gamefly, so I know about getting the original case, manual & any codes (online pass,etc) that come along. But I'm curious to know if anyone has purchased "The Witcher 2 : Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition" while it's marked down to $17.99 ($16.19 for me with the 10% discount). A brand new copy if you purchased one would come as follows:

* The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition game on 2 DVDs
* Audio CD containing in-game music
* The Witcher 2 quest handbook for both novice and experienced role-playing fans
* Map of the game world
* Rule book and interface explanation to help players get started

Wondering if they sent you all these items with your used purchase.....thanks for the feedback & help in advance.

Picked up Uncharted 3 from this thanks.

And thanks for all the feedback about the condition of Gamefly games and everything. It really makes Gamefly's sales a great bargain.

If I sign up for a 1 month free trial, can I do the rent/buy thing on a OOS game? (on the trial) And under those circumstances, will I have to wait to receive the rental 1st possibly risking the price going up? Or can I rent to buy right away?

[quote name='funkflexmctough']If I sign up for a 1 month free trial, can I do the rent/buy thing on a OOS game? (on the trial) And under those circumstances, will I have to wait to receive the rental 1st possibly risking the price going up? Or can I rent to buy right away?[/QUOTE]

Some games have their "Keep" option taken away when the stock is too diminished but otherwise, the moment gamefly ships the game to you, you can opt to keep the game at the current sales price.

I haven't tested this out during a trial phase since I've been a member for awhile but I think it should work the same way for trial members.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']If I sign up for a 1 month free trial, can I do the rent/buy thing on a OOS game? (on the trial) And under those circumstances, will I have to wait to receive the rental 1st possibly risking the price going up? Or can I rent to buy right away?[/QUOTE]
As long as the game is available when you rent it then yep you can use the "Keep" option. Since UC3 is "Available Now" you can rent it and once GF ships it out (probably tomorrow) you can buy it and the game will be removed from your queue.

Does the CAG community think Binary Domain will go lower than $15 before the holidays? I'd really prefer to spend closer to $10 on it and I'm wondering if I should just be patient to pull the trigger on it. Thanks in advance!

[quote name='bulldozer86']Does the CAG community think Binary Domain will go lower than $15 before the holidays? I'd really prefer to spend closer to $10 on it and I'm wondering if I should just be patient to pull the trigger on it. Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Hard to say. It's worth $15 though. Great game.

[quote name='whoknows']Hard to say. It's worth $15 though. Great game.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thank you for the response. On the strength of your recommendation, I going to bite on it.

[quote name='bulldozer86']Does the CAG community think Binary Domain will go lower than $15 before the holidays? I'd really prefer to spend closer to $10 on it and I'm wondering if I should just be patient to pull the trigger on it. Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Again, hard to say. But i am holding out for $5-10. Its $16 I think at newegg, $30 as part of a bundle at target (so $15 a game) and now $15 used.

So the long winded answer is yes

[quote name='bulldozer86']Ok, thank you for the response. On the strength of your recommendation, I going to bite on it.[/QUOTE]

its $15 new on newegg w/ FS

[quote name='Tarheel76']Hey everyone, I've purchased games in the past from Gamefly, so I know about getting the original case, manual & any codes (online pass,etc) that come along. But I'm curious to know if anyone has purchased "The Witcher 2 : Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition" while it's marked down to $17.99 ($16.19 for me with the 10% discount). A brand new copy if you purchased one would come as follows:

* The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition game on 2 DVDs
* Audio CD containing in-game music
* The Witcher 2 quest handbook for both novice and experienced role-playing fans
* Map of the game world
* Rule book and interface explanation to help players get started

Wondering if they sent you all these items with your used purchase.....thanks for the feedback & help in advance.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I ordered one last week, and it came with all of that. The 2 game disks were like new. The music CD and all the other materials were mint.

It's a great collection. One of the best of all the remakes.

[quote name='GHmanRON']I'm thinking about biting on Devil May HD Collection, anyone play it yet and wanna give me feedback on it?[/QUOTE]

Fantastic game. Went into it with so-so expectations and left with a giant smile. Super fun action game

[quote name='aklucsarits']Yes, I ordered one last week, and it came with all of that. The 2 game disks were like new. The music CD and all the other materials were mint.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a million Aklucsarits.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Damn...still no Syndicate for the 360. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Love the new avatar! Is it from anything?

[quote name='whoknows']I wish Armored Core V would come back in stock.[/QUOTE]

If ya haven't used the trial period on a previous sale, use it now. I did it for Armored Core V and Mass Effect 3. The only things I didn't get that I wanted was BF3 and Batman AC. Mainly cause I rather get the complete editions of those games when they come down in price. Hopefully by black friday they'll drop...

[quote name='gepet0']What do you guys think about Jurassic Park?[/QUOTE]

The worst of the Telltale games. Which is disappointing since the Jurassic Park license had a lot of potential. Spend your money on The Walking Dead instead which is the best of the Telltale adventure games.

I created a new GF account with the free trial. Gotta say, renting and choosing to keep is a lot easier than refreshing a page thousands of times a day. Just purchased Mass Effect 3. At $10 I couldn't risk it not coming back in stock, but now I'm eye-ing Amalur. Really tempted. What do you think?

[quote name='gepet0']What do you guys think about Jurassic Park?[/QUOTE]

I loved it. Most people hate on it, but for that price think of it as an arcade game. Its awesome. Some intense moments and easy achievements.

bread's done
Back