GameFly October 2012 Used Game Sale - Under $15 Blowout

PancakesAreLove

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale has returned with under $15 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 10/22.\

Update: look for out-of-stock items to return Saturday and Monday.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:ps3:
Rage $7.99
X-men Destiny $8.99
Uncharted 3 $9.99
SSX $9.99
Mass Effect 3 $9.99
Madden 12 $9.99
Armored Core V $9.99
Heavy Fire Afghanistan $9.99
Ridge Racer Unbounded $9.99
Spiderman Edge of Time $9.99
NHL 12 $9.99
WWE 12 $9.99
Syndicate $9.99
L.A. Noire $9.99
Resistance 3 $12.99
Ratchet and Clank All for One $12.99
Street Fighter X Tekken $12.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations $12.99
NBA 2k12 $12.99
The Adventures of Tintin $12.99
Blades of Time $12.99
Batman Arkham City $14.99
Battlefield 3 $14.99
Alice Madness Returns $14.99
Binary Domain $14.99
God of War Origins Collection $14.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $14.99
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi $14.99
Max Payne 3 $17.99
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier $17.99

:360:
L.A. Noire $7.99
Crysis 2 $7.99
Rage $7.99
SSX $9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $9.99
Gears of War 3 $9.99
Prototype $9.99
Mass Effect 3 $9.99
Madden 12 $9.99
Armored Core V $9.99
Ninja Gaiden 3 $9.99
Soul Caliber V $9.99
Syndicate $9.99
Darkness II $9.99
Fifa Street $12.99
Ridge Racer Unbounded $12.99
Spider-Man: Edge of Time $12.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations $12.99
NBA 2K12 $12.99
Dance Central 2 $12.99
Kinect Disneyland Adventures $12.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $12.99
Kinectimals $14.99
Batman: Arkham City $14.99
Binary Domain $14.99
Devil May Cry HD Collection $14.99
Jurassic Park: The Game $14.99
Max Payne 3 $17.99
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier $17.99
Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition $17.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='melancholyvagrant']I created a new GF account with the free trial. Gotta say, renting and choosing to keep is a lot easier than refreshing a page thousands of times a day. Just purchased Mass Effect 3. At $10 I couldn't risk it not coming back in stock, but now I'm eye-ing Amalur. Really tempted. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

I fell in love with the game at first (not the story though, to much going on at once). But after 20+ hours it seemed to get stale to me. Your quest log is completely overwhelming when you have 15+ open quests and they are all fetch quests. But those fetch quests usually open up more fetch quests on your journey.

I like the combat, the simplified upgrading system, the world, the graphics, etc. The lack in variety of quests have kept me from finishing it though. There is a ton of hours to be had in this game, you will get your $$$'s worth

[quote name='melancholyvagrant']I created a new GF account with the free trial. Gotta say, renting and choosing to keep is a lot easier than refreshing a page thousands of times a day. Just purchased Mass Effect 3. At $10 I couldn't risk it not coming back in stock, but now I'm eye-ing Amalur. Really tempted. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

Amalur was one of my games of the year. For that price, why not. I love the class system and how easy it is to switch your character completely around at any point. Good level design with a decent stock fantasy story, and the combat is easily one of it's strengths. I loved it.

[quote name='angelfly']The worst of the Telltale games. Which is disappointing since the Jurassic Park license had a lot of potential. Spend your money on The Walking Dead instead which is the best of the Telltale adventure games.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I had a hard time finishing it for free. The frame rate and choppiness was a major turn off. Walking dead i can see myself playing through again but never JP

[quote name='derintrel']... and how easy it is to switch your character completely around at any point.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the opinions. If derintrel means what I think he means he may have just sold me. Not having to play a game multiple times to try different classes sounds really appealing. watching videos of gameplay I couldn't decide what class I would play.

[quote name='shadowkast']I fell in love with the game at first (not the story though, to much going on at once). But after 20+ hours it seemed to get stale to me. Your quest log is completely overwhelming when you have 15+ open quests and they are all fetch quests. But those fetch quests usually open up more fetch quests on your journey.

I like the combat, the simplified upgrading system, the world, the graphics, etc. The lack in variety of quests have kept me from finishing it though. There is a ton of hours to be had in this game, you will get your $$$'s worth[/QUOTE]

I totally could have written this review of KoA. At first, it's absolutely amazing. Combat is solid, and different weapons and enchantments feel very different (like borderlands, sort of, but melee).

It's a beautiful world, but I got sick of the story fast. And eventually, I just burnt out on fetch quests, and traversing the world back and forth, even if it was done really well. I put 20 great hours into it, then one day, was like 'DONE.' So it gets a very mixed review - certainly worth trying, but i wouldn't be surprised if you had the same reaction -- love, then burn out.

[quote name='affa']I totally could have written this review of KoA. At first, it's absolutely amazing. Combat is solid, and different weapons and enchantments feel very different (like borderlands, sort of, but melee).

It's a beautiful world, but I got sick of the story fast. And eventually, I just burnt out on fetch quests, and traversing the world back and forth, even if it was done really well. I put 20 great hours into it, then one day, was like 'DONE.' So it gets a very mixed review - certainly worth trying, but i wouldn't be surprised if you had the same reaction -- love, then burn out.[/QUOTE]

That's the general consensus I've read in the reviews. They basically say to stay focused on the main questline and don't detract to much so you don't burn yourself out.

Wow! I placed my order for Syndicate and Dance Central 2 on Tuesday and the package was in my mailbox when i came home from work today.
Not only am i impressed with the turnaround but included with DC2 was a code for $3 in MS Points. I expected the code to download the songs into DC3, but wasn't expecting the spare change to buy another song. Sweet bonus!

Thanks OP!

Quick question to all who know. I've never used gamefly, but I buy during these sales.

I'm nervous about not getting a restock, I want like five games. If I did the trial and keep for $10 for all the ones I want do I have a limit on my trial? Or have to wait to get it? How does it work for me to do that to make sure I get these games at this price. I don't wanna pass these up

[quote name='rly723']wow that was fast shipping from PA to c alifornia. ordered day of sale, got it friday afternoon[/QUOTE]

Hm....my game shipped Wednesday and I still don't have it...

[quote name='seanr1221']Hm....my game shipped Wednesday and I still don't have it...[/QUOTE]

Their return address is not always the facility they shipped it from. For example, while the return address on the label is for Pittsburgh they actually shipped mine from their Tampa facility. I did get it quickly via priority mail, though.

Got my games today. (well they arrived Thursday but I didn't open them til today).

All 4 have those micro dents, no surprise there. GOW3 came with stickers haha.

And my Prototype :360: is the platinum hits version, for anyone wondering. Also, the center ring on that one is cracked as hell, I'm not too happy about that, I'll see if it installs ok.

Also, not overly impressed with the shipping. They threw 4 games into a priority shipping box and that's it. Would have appreciated them putting some type of support padding so the games wouldn't have been bouncing all over the place during shipping.

Gear 3 case arrived cracked in a couple of places. Not a big deal since the disc looks as if it's never been played. Witcher 2 is in great condition as expected.

edit:

Contacted them regarding the case and they're sending out a replacement.

I picked up Spiderman Edge Of Time PS3, arrived in perfect condition. Been looking forward to trying it, I LOVED shattered dimensions, but the reviews kept me away until the right price :) THANKS OP!

[quote name='tylerh1701']
Also, the center ring on that one is cracked as hell, I'm not too happy about that, I'll see if it installs ok.
[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't keep it, even if it installs.

Ended up getting the Devil May Cry HD Collection. Instead of signing up for the free trial, I just signed up for the 1 disk at a time deal, for 2 months $7.95/month which didn't seem bad. Hopefully my disks aren't chipped! lol.

My copy of Dance Central 2 came the other day but the points code doesn't work! It doesn't say it was previously used it just says invalid. It did expire in June but I've never had an expired code not work.

A little surprised my second order from this sale didn't arrive yet. I live 50 miles from distribution center, was supposedly shipped 2 days ago, not here yet. But not complaining.. not like I was going to play it anytime this year anyways, lol.

[quote name='thegame85']My copy of Dance Central 2 came the other day but the points code doesn't work! It doesn't say it was previously used it just says invalid. It did expire in June but I've never had an expired code not work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah those won't work now that they've expired. A friend got her copy and same problem with expired points. think that was a bonus originally anyway.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Why no Spec Ops: The Line? That game just refuses to get cheap. I know it sold like shit, why can't I easily find it for $20 somewhere?[/QUOTE]

It was $20 at Frys last week which I PM at Best Buy.

Hoping Mass Effect 3 for PS3 restocks.

[quote name='PlowK1NG']I wouldn't keep it, even if it installs.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'll contact them about getting a refund, and then try buying another copy since it's still in stock.

How many games were in your 2nd order? That may have something to do with it.

[quote name='Artrigis']A little surprised my second order from this sale didn't arrive yet. I live 50 miles from distribution center, was supposedly shipped 2 days ago, not here yet. But not complaining.. not like I was going to play it anytime this year anyways, lol.[/QUOTE]

I ordered 6 games and they were split into 3 shipments. 3, 2, and 1. I'll check the return address and see if they came from different locations.

[quote name='KneeKnee']I ordered 6 games and they were split into 3 shipments. 3, 2, and 1. I'll check the return address and see if they came from different locations.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. Grabbed Crysis 2 (PS3) and Witcher 2 in the same order, shipped in two packages.

Decided to bite on this deal and use my coupon, snagged Binary Domain for $9..though I probably won't get to it for awhile..Borderlands 2 still has a firm hold on my gaming schedule lol

[quote name='Octob3rNotic3']Quick question to all who know. I've never used gamefly, but I buy during these sales.

I'm nervous about not getting a restock, I want like five games. If I did the trial and keep for $10 for all the ones I want do I have a limit on my trial? Or have to wait to get it? How does it work for me to do that to make sure I get these games at this price. I don't wanna pass these up[/QUOTE]

I created an account w/ the month trial for this sale because I didn't want to miss ME3 and Reckoning. This was my experience: I added ME3 to my queue Thursday night. Friday morning it was being sent. I immediately choose Keep so the next game in line could be sent. Reckoning showed as Available Now so I figured it might be sent the same day. Not the case, ME3 keep was processing most of the day so Reckoning wasn't processed to ship until Saturday, in which I selected Keep again.

It seems you might only be able to get one game per day, not because of an actual limit, but because of their turnaround/processing time. Unless, of course, you pay for a 2-at-a-time membership.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']Anyone have thoughts about spiderman edge of time on the fence about it[/QUOTE]

Got real repetitive real fast. The entire game is spent inside the same laboratory skyscraper. Spend the $10 bucks on Shattered Dimensions or Amazing Spider-man.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Got real repetitive real fast. The entire game is spent inside the same laboratory skyscraper. Spend the $10 bucks on Shattered Dimensions or Amazing Spider-man.[/QUOTE]

Beat shattered dimensions and liked it going to wait on it. Really want to play amazing spiderman waiting for a deal on that

[quote name='Investor']How many games were in your 2nd order? That may have something to do with it.[/QUOTE]

Just 1, arkham city. I figure it will be here monday.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']Anyone have thoughts about spiderman edge of time on the fence about it[/QUOTE]
"Don't buy it" is all I can say.

It can take anywhere from 10-14 days for just 1 game from Gamefly to arrive unfortunately. But it will get there, so not to worry.

[quote name='Artrigis']Just 1, arkham city. I figure it will be here monday.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TooPoor']"Don't buy it" is all I can say.[/QUOTE]

The previous game, Shattered Dimensions is way better. I might go back and unlock some of the costumes etc.

bread's done
Back