GameFly September 2010 Used Game Sale - Under $20 Blowout

Deathchamber

CAGiversary!
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having their monthly used game sale with prices under $20 and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.
Sale ends 10/4.

:360: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game $7.99
:360: Dark Void $9.99
:360: Prince of Persia $9.99
:360: Aliens vs. Predator $12.99
:360: Darksiders $12.99
:360: Need for Speed: Shift $12.99
:360: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $12.99
:360: Assassin's Creed 2 $14.99
:360: BioShock 2 $14.99
:360: Dante's Inferno $14.99
:360: Alpha Protocol $14.99
:360: Mass Effect 2 $17.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $17.99
:360: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $17.99
:360: Left 4 Dead 2 $17.99
:360: Tropico 3 $17.99
:360: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction $14.99 (Still has free shipping as of 10/7)
:360: Borderlands $19.99

:ps3: Rogue Warrior $7.99
:ps3: Dark Void $9.99
:ps3: Aliens vs. Predator $12.99
:ps3: Alpha Protocol $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed 2 $14.99
:ps3: BioShock 2 $14.99
:ps3: Dante's Inferno Divine Edition $14.99
:ps3: Darksiders $14.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Shift $14.99
:ps3: God of War Collection $17.99
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII $17.99
:ps3: MAG $17.99
:ps3: God of War III $19.99
:ps3: Infamous $17.99
:ps3: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $17.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time $19.99

:wii: Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2010 $7.99
:wii: Hasbro Family Game Night 2 $9.99
:wii: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game $9.99
:wii: MadWorld $9.99
:wii: MySims Agents $12.99
:wii: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $12.99
:wii: Racquet Sports $12.99
:wii: Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing $12.99
:wii: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle $12.99
:wii: Rabbids Go Home $12.99
:wii: Dead Space Extraction $14.99
:wii: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 $14.99
:wii: Red Steel 2 $17.99
:wii: Trauma Team $19.99
:wii: Sin & Punishment: Star Successor $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
finally picked up mag. i have a feeling ill barely play it but ive been considering the purchase since it released. hopefully I can find time as a enjoyed what i played of the beta.

I was waiting for another good Gamefly sale. Got some bday money in, grabbed MAG, PoP, PoP: Forgotten Sands, AP, and God of War 3!

[quote name='vanlandw']

Limited myself to only one game on this deal and I've been getting into the bad habit of supporting these deals monthly.[/QUOTE]

Supporting it is a good habit imo. keeps them doing it! :)

Bad enough I bought a few games the other day, I just bought S&P, MAG, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. I love these sales, but my wallet doesn't :/

YES!!! I got Bioshock 2! For anybody who might be interested Bioshock 2 ($14.99) and God of War ($19.99) they are back in stock.

got my games today! dante's inferno, alpha protocol, and darksiders.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is that the ps3 copy of inferno didn't come with any of the extras. Still- a great price... can't complain.

[quote name='nick filardi']got my games today! dante's inferno, alpha protocol, and darksiders.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is that the ps3 copy of inferno didn't come with any of the extras. Still- a great price... can't complain.[/QUOTE]

No dlc code in the case for Inferno? The rest is on the disc.

Grabbed Alpha Protocol(360) for $15.89 shipped. Seems people either love or hate the game but seemed like a good price to bite on, just hope the disc comes in good shape.

Got Family Game Night 2 (Wii) for free with my 2 $5 Rewards coupons :) The one just came today and the other expired tomorrow so it was perfect

[quote name='mitnosi']Grabbed Alpha Protocol(360) for $15.89 shipped. Seems people either love or hate the game but seemed like a good price to bite on, just hope the disc comes in good shape.[/QUOTE]

I got Alpha Protocol on the previous deal before this one ($19 shipped of course). XB version came a little scuffed up but installed the HD fine and disk has a low slightly used feel.

It's absolutely a love it or hate it type game. Parts of the game I really admired (mostly storyline/conversation style) but the game only opens up when your character levels up. The first few missions can be brutal especially if you are trying to play a certain style. Many places will make you just want to give up if you are trying to play stealth.

Recommendations, put one point into sabotage.

If you like Mass Effect Alpha Protocol is absolutely worth a play though IMHO

[quote name='vanlandw']I got Alpha Protocol on the previous deal before this one ($19 shipped of course). XB version came a little scuffed up but installed the HD fine and disk has a low slightly used feel.

It's absolutely a love it or hate it type game. Parts of the game I really admired (mostly storyline/conversation style) but the game only opens up when your character levels up. The first few missions can be brutal especially if you are trying to play a certain style. Many places will make you just want to give up if you are trying to play stealth.

Recommendations, put one point into sabotage.

If you like Mass Effect Alpha Protocol is absolutely worth a play though IMHO[/QUOTE]
Oh I will definitely make it through the game at least once, I'm not one to leave a game unfinished(most of the time) so I wont be giving up on it. But thank you for the recommendation, I'll try it out.

Got Dante's Inferno for PS3 and will report whether I got DLC or not. Might jump on Sin and Punishment if can rationalize adding to the Wii backlog despite having a limited income right now.

[quote name='vanlandw']If you like Mass Effect Alpha Protocol is absolutely worth a play though IMHO[/QUOTE]

Huh, that's the first thing about Alpha Protocol that I've seen on this thread and it's making me think I should pick it up. That game wasn't on my radar before (I got the impression from reviews that it felt unfinished and not very fun). But maybe it's worth my time and $15 after all?

Anyone else played Alpha Protocol and have thoughts on it?

Cheapest I've seen Darksiders for lately has been anywhere from $25 - $39. Picking this up for sure.

[quote name='brkptr']Huh, that's the first thing about Alpha Protocol that I've seen on this thread and it's making me think I should pick it up. That game wasn't on my radar before (I got the impression from reviews that it felt unfinished and not very fun). But maybe it's worth my time and $15 after all?

Anyone else played Alpha Protocol and have thoughts on it?[/QUOTE]

I love Western RPGs. I've logged a ton of time in Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, and Fallout 3. I rented Alpha Protocol and could barely get 30 minutes into it. It was a borefest, in my opinion.

[quote name='nick filardi']got my games today! dante's inferno, alpha protocol, and darksiders.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is that the ps3 copy of inferno didn't come with any of the extras. Still- a great price... can't complain.[/QUOTE]

No extra at all? not even one?
I'm gonna have to pass then

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I love Western RPGs. I've logged a ton of time in Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, and Fallout 3. I rented Alpha Protocol and could barely get 30 minutes into it. It was a borefest, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Ouch... I love all those games (esp ME and Fallout 3) so maybe AP's not for me.

So I'm on the Fence about 15 dollar Dantes Inferno, Castlevania comes out in like 5 days and I'm picking that up. This game seems like it's more of the same and I doubt I will have time to play it until like the holiday season. 15 Dollars seems like a good deal though What say you CAG, someone push me off the fence.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Got Family Game Night 2 (Wii) for free with my 2 $5 Rewards coupons :) The one just came today and the other expired tomorrow so it was perfect[/QUOTE]

Yea I had both coupon codes active also and ended up snagging ME2 for $6.70. For that price I will be fine if the game doesn't come with the Cerberus Code. It could come without the case and I'd be ok with it!

[quote name='Phenomic']So I'm on the Fence about 15 dollar Dantes Inferno, Castlevania comes out in like 5 days and I'm picking that up. This game seems like it's more of the same and I doubt I will have time to play it until like the holiday season. 15 Dollars seems like a good deal though What say you CAG, someone push me off the fence.[/QUOTE]
You can do it! bite bite bite!

[quote name='Phenomic']So I'm on the Fence about 15 dollar Dantes Inferno, Castlevania comes out in like 5 days and I'm picking that up. This game seems like it's more of the same and I doubt I will have time to play it until like the holiday season. 15 Dollars seems like a good deal though What say you CAG, someone push me off the fence.[/QUOTE]

Dante's Inferno isn't going to take a lot of your time. I Platinumed it in under 20 hours iirc. It is definitely worth a play through. Its no God of War but it is still a great clone. If you like these type of hack and slash games then pick it up, you won't be disappointed with it.

So I got dante's inferno for the ps3 and I got Left 4 Dead 2. Now I was thinking of getting alpha protocol. I've read so many good and bad things about it that I'm not sure what to do. Please help me make my decision one way or another lol. Thanks

I bought a game. The price was right for me. It may not be right for you. I have no reason to believe you care at all about my purchase, but I am conditioned to overshare on the Internet. I also have a backlog.

#everyotherCAGpost

[quote name='vanlandw']
If you like Mass Effect Alpha Protocol is absolutely worth a play though IMHO[/QUOTE]

If you compare AP to Mass Effect, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Kinda like comparing a AAA brand to a generic one.

Grabbed:

Darksiders
Dante's Inferno
Bioshock 2

Snagged ME2 a few weeks ago when the sale started too. Came with the Cerebus card.

I love buying used from Gamefly, they've always given me like new copies of games. Never come scratched or missing anything that wouldn't have come with the retail version.

[quote name='jollydwarf']I bought a game. The price was right for me. It may not be right for you. I have no reason to believe you care at all about my purchase, but I am conditioned to overshare on the Internet. I also have a backlog.

#everyotherCAGpost[/QUOTE]

Atleast we aren't filling up landfills. Oh wait. I do that too.

I'm so tempted to get a few things, but will most likely hold off. But I'll throw in my endorsement for Alpha Protocol. I loved the game. Played it all the way through twice. I can tell it's not for everyone, but if you just go in knowing that - the shooting mechanics are not amazing (decent tho), and all of your skills start off terrible (even shooting) but if you focus on them when you level up, they can be so good they're pretty much broken - then you can have fun with it.

Also, if you care about achievements or want to get certain story endings, you will need to read spoilers, because the dialogue options don't always clearly tell you exactly what will happen because of your choices.

Just got my games!!!! Cases as usual are in pristine condition (Dantes inferno Divine Edition content included.). Couple of smudges on a couple of games but nothing to cry about. Within this week, I picked up 6 games alone so far to add to the backloggery and its only Wednesday. Feels good to be a cheapassgamer! :)

[quote name='jl_mafia']YES!!! I got Bioshock 2! For anybody who might be interested Bioshock 2 ($14.99) and God of War ($19.99) they are back in stock.[/QUOTE]

fucking shit... I get home from work and now GOWIII is gone... :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='Ravenous']fucking shit... I get home from work and now GOWIII is gone... :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

It's been gone before and came back in stock over the last couple days. Check again later.

[quote name='cleaver']Bought Mag, want to play it with Move[/QUOTE]

I was on the fence for days, but who am I kidding? I caved like Winnie the Pooh to a jar of honey.

[quote name='Epid_Rigatony']Is there any way to join there site with out signing up to get games sent to you?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you just create an account without signing up for the GameFly service.

I did it a few months ago. I'd have to go through it again to say exactly how, though.

[quote name='Epid_Rigatony']Is there any way to join there site with out signing up to get games sent to you?[/QUOTE]

If you buy, you don't have to be a member. So go now.

Quick Question... Does the Darksiders promo for a free copy of Red Faction still stand or is that way past due... Thinking of picking it up regardless...

[quote name='Kylearan']I was on the fence for days, but who am I kidding? I caved like Winnie the Pooh to a jar of honey.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

[quote name='Kylearan']It's been gone before and came back in stock over the last couple days. Check again later.[/QUOTE]

Yea thats my complaint; I dont get why its going in and out of stock at unknown times. To make it worse, its in stock when Im at work and cant order.

[quote name='zechs34']Quick Question... Does the Darksiders promo for a free copy of Red Faction still stand or is that way past due... Thinking of picking it up regardless...[/QUOTE]

Way past due. Expired in April I think.

bread's done
Back