GameFly September 2010 Used Game Sale - Under $20 Blowout

Deathchamber

CAGiversary!
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having their monthly used game sale with prices under $20 and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.
Sale ends 10/4.

:360: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game $7.99
:360: Dark Void $9.99
:360: Prince of Persia $9.99
:360: Aliens vs. Predator $12.99
:360: Darksiders $12.99
:360: Need for Speed: Shift $12.99
:360: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $12.99
:360: Assassin's Creed 2 $14.99
:360: BioShock 2 $14.99
:360: Dante's Inferno $14.99
:360: Alpha Protocol $14.99
:360: Mass Effect 2 $17.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $17.99
:360: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $17.99
:360: Left 4 Dead 2 $17.99
:360: Tropico 3 $17.99
:360: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction $14.99 (Still has free shipping as of 10/7)
:360: Borderlands $19.99

:ps3: Rogue Warrior $7.99
:ps3: Dark Void $9.99
:ps3: Aliens vs. Predator $12.99
:ps3: Alpha Protocol $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed 2 $14.99
:ps3: BioShock 2 $14.99
:ps3: Dante's Inferno Divine Edition $14.99
:ps3: Darksiders $14.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Shift $14.99
:ps3: God of War Collection $17.99
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII $17.99
:ps3: MAG $17.99
:ps3: God of War III $19.99
:ps3: Infamous $17.99
:ps3: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $17.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time $19.99

:wii: Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2010 $7.99
:wii: Hasbro Family Game Night 2 $9.99
:wii: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game $9.99
:wii: MadWorld $9.99
:wii: MySims Agents $12.99
:wii: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $12.99
:wii: Racquet Sports $12.99
:wii: Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing $12.99
:wii: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle $12.99
:wii: Rabbids Go Home $12.99
:wii: Dead Space Extraction $14.99
:wii: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 $14.99
:wii: Red Steel 2 $17.99
:wii: Trauma Team $19.99
:wii: Sin & Punishment: Star Successor $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid Stupid Stupid!!!! Swore I wouldn't buy anything!!! back log is stupid been doing pretty good all year!!! In for Alpha Protocol and AC2!!! And the backlog grows!!! Do we even play these games or is buying the game itself the hobby?!

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']Just got my games!!!! Cases as usual are in pristine condition (Dantes inferno Divine Edition content included.). Couple of smudges on a couple of games but nothing to cry about. Within this week, I picked up 6 games alone so far to add to the backloggery and its only Wednesday. Feels good to be a cheapassgamer! :)[/QUOTE]

did dante come with the slipcover?

[quote name='TheSingingBard']I think the hobby is buying videogames. At least for me. lol. Maybe one day I'll get around to playing them, like when I'm 90.[/QUOTE]
for me is a hobby of buying them, we all need hobbies. i rather buy games and have something to be excited about playing down the road then smoke or buy liquor. liquor ends with a great night or you not remember the night. I prefer buying games. makes me feel better about working.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Stupid Stupid Stupid!!!! Swore I wouldn't buy anything!!! back log is stupid been doing pretty good all year!!! In for Alpha Protocol and AC2!!! And the backlog grows!!! Do we even play these games or is buying the game itself the hobby?![/QUOTE]

My wife always says I get more enjoyment out of finding the deal than I do actually playing the game. Sadly, she's right.

Oh, and I picked up Dante's Inferno and Need for Speed: Shift from this deal. And yes, I have all the other current-gen NFS titles too. Never been played.

We need a support group.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']for me is a hobby of buying them, we all need hobbies. i rather buy games and have something to be excited about playing down the road then smoke or buy liquor. liquor ends with a great night or you not remember the night. I prefer buying games. makes me feel better about working.[/QUOTE]

I'm like that too lol... its a bad habit since I have insane backlog:whistle2:#

I prey that I'll change and find salvation:pray::evil::pray:

BTW: I picked up Infamous for PS3 and Darksiders for 360:whee:

i want final fantasy xiii
and alpha protocol, but i just pre-ordered 2 games :( not allowed to get anymore for a while!

[quote name='Fire_Thief']WTF??!? Fml...[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly...one of the main reasons i got it as im a collector and the game is definitely not "complete" without the slip. kinda pissed about that.

[quote name='41down']are you serious? one of the main reasons i got it...damnit![/QUOTE]

Exactly!! Now I will have to buy somebody else's...

[quote name='41down']um...collectors?[/QUOTE]

As a fellow collector myself, I understand of having games that are "complete" but for the price of this game with the DLC content included and everything in 'like new' condition. I can't really complaint about it and their is always ebay if you want to find a spare slipcover/case for the game. (I checked it myself, none what so ever but keep checking dude!):grouphug:

I ended up getting alpha protocol. The reviews weren't particularly kind to it, but they all seemed to focus on what it wasn't, namely a present-day spy version of Mass Effect. It looks to me like if you're fine with it being an RPG with some shooter elements, rather than the other way around, it could be really interesting.

I'm on the fence about Dante, PoP:FS, and FF13, also. We'll see if I crack. I just have such a huge backlog...

[quote name='hendrickfan24']who cares about the slip cover lol[/QUOTE]

As a collector, I need that extra piece of cardboard surrounding the game case that has same art on it as the game case itself. I like to open my games twice! IT MEANS OS MUCH! :hot: /sarcasm

[quote name='mitnosi']Does the God of War collection come as the greatest hits or regular?[/QUOTE]

They have the same UPC so it will be random.

[quote name='Rozz']They have the same UPC so it will be random.[/QUOTE]
Damn, I hate those red cases!

[quote name='Lonedragon87']for me is a hobby of buying them, we all need hobbies. i rather buy games and have something to be excited about playing down the road then smoke or buy liquor. liquor ends with a great night or you not remember the night. I prefer buying games. makes me feel better about working.[/QUOTE]

Why do people always use the "I don't smoke or drink for my hobby" as a defense. "I could be drinking and having a good time with my friends and still be responsible because I don't let myself get to the self-loathing, I'm-throwing-up-in-my-shoes point. But I'd rather sit her in my basement or den and look at my gigantic collection of information burnt on to plastic discs! Yay, I'm going to get another bag of cheetos and see if they finally updated sublime directory again today! I love life!"

It's nice to think that your hobby isn't harming people or yourself, isn't it? You know, some people collect stamps, and I bet the people who create stamps don't have suicide nets in their towns.

[quote name='Glomerate']Why do people always use the "I don't smoke or drink for my hobby" as a defense. "I could be drinking and having a good time with my friends and still be responsible because I don't let myself get to the self-loathing, I'm-throwing-up-in-my-shoes point. But I'd rather sit her in my basement or den and look at my gigantic collection of information burnt on to plastic discs! Yay, I'm going to get another bag of cheetos and see if they finally updated sublime directory again today! I love life!"

It's nice to think that your hobby isn't harming people or yourself, isn't it? You know, some people collect stamps, and I bet the people who create stamps don't have suicide nets in their towns.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='41down']um...collectors?[/QUOTE]

To be honest, real collector's shouldn't be buying used games off online sites that don't state what each game includes and what the condition is of the contents.

I'll admit I'm a bit bummed that my copy I ordered won't come with a slip case, but I can live without it. For saving $20 off Amazon's new retail price I can live without some cardboard.

[quote name='omyard']To be honest, real collector's shouldn't be buying used games off online sites that don't state what each game includes and what the condition is of the contents.

I'll admit I'm a bit bummed that my copy I ordered won't come with a slip case, but I can live without it. For saving $20 off Amazon's new retail price I can live without some cardboard.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on both accounts.

[quote name='Glomerate']Why do people always use the "I don't smoke or drink for my hobby" as a defense.[/QUOTE]

I smoke, drink, game, and I have sex. Yay.

[quote name='Glomerate']Why do people always use the "I don't smoke or drink for my hobby" as a defense. "I could be drinking and having a good time with my friends and still be responsible because I don't let myself get to the self-loathing, I'm-throwing-up-in-my-shoes point. But I'd rather sit her in my basement or den and look at my gigantic collection of information burnt on to plastic discs! Yay, I'm going to get another bag of cheetos and see if they finally updated sublime directory again today! I love life!"

It's nice to think that your hobby isn't harming people or yourself, isn't it? You know, some people collect stamps, and I bet the people who create stamps don't have suicide nets in their towns.[/QUOTE]

I always think of that MTV True Life episode on gamers with that group of guys who live together and game all day and work at FedEx at night. They're like "it keeps us off the streets, out of trouble." When it's a pretty homely group of guys who look like they've never taken a risk in their lives, yet are also college dropouts. That's lose/lose.

[quote name='omyard']To be honest, real collector's shouldn't be buying used games off online sites that don't state what each game includes and what the condition is of the contents.
[/QUOTE]

well 99% of the time ive ordered from gamefly the games have been complete...games that had dlc included even came with the dlc codes. my ninja gaiden 2 (360) that i ordered a couple years ago also included the slipcover...so therefor i guess i just expected it to come complete.

They'll probably knock off $3 bucks on the used God of War III once it becomes part of Greatest Hits.

-Ended up biting and getting MAG. Says it ships within 1-2 days (more like Monday delivery because of the weekend). Let you know how mine looks when it gets here.

God of War III, Assassin's Creed 2, Need for Speed: Shift, Bioshock 2 and Aliens vs Predator all for $77.

I would have bit on Darksiders and Dante's Inferno if GoW wasn't part of this sale. I also would have bought Tiger Woods 10 but for some reason it never has free shipping.

I've bought a couple games here and there lately but nothing I've made the time to play (Wolfenstein, Brutal Legend, Operation Flashpoint, Ghostbusters) but I can't wait to play all of the games I just bought. I couldn't pass up Bioshock 2 for the price even though I haven't gotten around to Bioshock yet and am still not done with Dead Space. When Red Dead Redemption came out I kind of just stopped caring about playing anything else lol.

3 games, 3 pristine condition arrivals.

BTW yes, all my dlc "new only" codes (ME2, dantes inferno) were in the case. Even got the darksiders code for free red faction even though that promo expired in april lol.

Oh also i placed 3 separate orders so all three would arrive in separate padded envelopes.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']I think the hobby is buying videogames. At least for me. lol. Maybe one day I'll get around to playing them, like when I'm 90.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for my daughter to get married to have sometime extra time to play (she's 3)

Bioshock 2 PS3 is back on stock (but my netspend reload hasn't gone through yet of course :( )

Just got the shipping notice for Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing and Sin & Punishment 2.

Hoping they get here soon since I am only a couple hours' drive time from their Tampa shipping center (I hope that's where they are coming from, anyway).

[quote name='41down']did dante come with the slipcover?[/QUOTE]

Sin and Punishment and Dante's Divine Edition arrived today. My Dante's did indeed have both the slipcover and the DLC codes

I'll admit I'm a bit bummed that my copy I ordered won't come with a slip case, but I can live without it. For saving $20 off Amazon's new retail price I can live without some cardboard.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='icedrake523']Agreed on both accounts.[/QUOTE]
I agree with what you're saying. However, I think the difference between someone who strictly avoids buying used games online from someone who does is snobbery. All collectors hit or miss. The savvy ones just know how to strike gold more than they strike out.

With that said, I'm split fifty-fifty between buying games as practically and cheaply as possible to enjoy playing them (i.e. those Modern Warfare 2 prepacks from Blockbuster months ago for $6.99-$9.99 would have suit me perfectly), and buying games and miscellaneous gaming paraphernalia in as pristine condition as possible to satiate the fanboy in me (I'll collect anything from Nintendo Fun Club magazines, to White Sega Saturns, to limited edition games, to arcade sticks, to import games).

Received my games in the mail today. My Dante's Inferno included both the slipcover and DLC code. How many codes was Dante's Inferno supposed to come with? Mine only came with one.

MAG 2.0 update just came out today, so if anyone is on the fence about MAG, theres another little tidbit of information to help decide if you are going to buy it.:lol:

bread's done
Back