GameFly September 2010 Used Game Sale - Under $20 Blowout

Deathchamber

CAGiversary!
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having their monthly used game sale with prices under $20 and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.
Sale ends 10/4.

:360: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game $7.99
:360: Dark Void $9.99
:360: Prince of Persia $9.99
:360: Aliens vs. Predator $12.99
:360: Darksiders $12.99
:360: Need for Speed: Shift $12.99
:360: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $12.99
:360: Assassin's Creed 2 $14.99
:360: BioShock 2 $14.99
:360: Dante's Inferno $14.99
:360: Alpha Protocol $14.99
:360: Mass Effect 2 $17.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $17.99
:360: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $17.99
:360: Left 4 Dead 2 $17.99
:360: Tropico 3 $17.99
:360: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction $14.99 (Still has free shipping as of 10/7)
:360: Borderlands $19.99

:ps3: Rogue Warrior $7.99
:ps3: Dark Void $9.99
:ps3: Aliens vs. Predator $12.99
:ps3: Alpha Protocol $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed 2 $14.99
:ps3: BioShock 2 $14.99
:ps3: Dante's Inferno Divine Edition $14.99
:ps3: Darksiders $14.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Shift $14.99
:ps3: God of War Collection $17.99
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII $17.99
:ps3: MAG $17.99
:ps3: God of War III $19.99
:ps3: Infamous $17.99
:ps3: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $17.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time $19.99

:wii: Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2010 $7.99
:wii: Hasbro Family Game Night 2 $9.99
:wii: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game $9.99
:wii: MadWorld $9.99
:wii: MySims Agents $12.99
:wii: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $12.99
:wii: Racquet Sports $12.99
:wii: Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing $12.99
:wii: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle $12.99
:wii: Rabbids Go Home $12.99
:wii: Dead Space Extraction $14.99
:wii: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 $14.99
:wii: Red Steel 2 $17.99
:wii: Trauma Team $19.99
:wii: Sin & Punishment: Star Successor $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
If anybody gets a slipcover for Dante's Inferno ps3 that they don't want, I'd paypal you to send it to me. I have a thing for slipcovers.

[quote name='Relysis']If anybody gets a slipcover for Dante's Inferno ps3 that they don't want, I'd paypal you to send it to me. I have a thing for slipcovers.[/QUOTE]

Same here.. that is, if I don't get one tomorrow with my *big* package of games from gf. +D

To those looking for slip covers, a friend of mine tends to go to Gamestops and just ask for them...they usually say yes because they don't really care.

Anyways, my Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2 and Alpha Protocol showed up today. The ME2 was good to go and the cases were fine...only minor deal was some light scratching on the disks (bad resurfacing?) but they installed fine so they'll play fine. All in all, 50 bones well spent...:bouncy:

Ah dammit!!!!!! Just order 3 more games, (Darksiders/PS3, FF13/PS3, & SC:Conviction/360). Thats it, no more games this week!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']Received my games in the mail today. My Dante's Inferno included both the slipcover and DLC code. How many codes was Dante's Inferno supposed to come with? Mine only came with one.[/QUOTE]

sweet... maybe theres still hope that mine will arrive with the slip!:D

Gamefly says original case and instructions guaranteed. Does this not mean the cover art? Is that what you guys are referencing? I'm a little confused.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Gamefly says original case and instructions guaranteed. Does this not mean the cover art? Is that what you guys are referencing? I'm a little confused.[/QUOTE]

Dante's Inferno Divine Edition comes with a slipcover that goes over the case.

Everyone is wondering if that comes with it, but you will definetly get the case and artwork. Slipcover just goes over it.

Got Sin & Punishment today. It was practically brand new. Even came with the Nintendo code and it worked.

Just noticed Bioshock 2 for PS3 is back in stock so I jumped on it pronto! Purchased Bioshock 2, Alpha Protocol, & R&C Crack in Time all for PS3. All for under $55 out the door. Happy B-Day to me xD Thanks OP!

Bioshock 2, Assassin's Creed 2 and FF13 just came in the mail. All in excellent condition besides the manual on FF13 which came in kinda wrinkled. Other than that, cases and disc were in damn near brand new condition.

Thanks Gamefly and CAG!

Geez! My secretary at work just brought back 5 packages from GF to my desk. R&C:CIT disc was loose in its case and has a big scratch on it :( FYI- My GoW Collection was non-GH. Thanks OP and CAG!

Are these worth playing?

Darksiders
Prince of Persia
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Alpha Protocol

im thinking about pulling the trigger on these (all 360)

Darksiders and AP look fun, never been a HUGE POP fan but for 12.99/9.99 kind of hard to pass up unless they are garbage, opinions?

Got my PS3 Dantes (with slip and code - how do I hear the soundtrack?) and my ACII... but it was lose and had a little scratch. It also had some dings on the side... just like the GOW3 I had to return...I hope its not fucked like that was!

[quote name='styl3s']Are these worth playing?

Prince of Persia

[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed this one. It's pretty easy to play through but the gorgeous world and atmosphere will suck you in.

Darksiders
Prince of Persia
Alpha Protocol

Darksiders and AP look fun, never been a HUGE POP fan but for 12.99/9.99 kind of hard to pass up unless they are garbage, opinions?[/QUOTE]

Darksiders - I absolutely loved this. Payed 15 for the ps3 version, even though I had already played the 360 version to completion.

Prince of Persia - I enjoyed this too, some people hated the tacke on non-linearity, didn't bother me at all. Was too easy though, impossible to die. I had fun though.

Prince of Persia Sands of Time (Forgotten Sands) - I liked this too, pretty easy though.

Haven't played AP

[quote name='Fire_Thief']S&P is scratched to shit. -_- I wanna go to GS and switch the bitch out...[/QUOTE]

did your dante come with the slip bro?

I ordered 4 games on Wednesday night and received them today. All came complete with manuals. Thanks OP.

AC2
GTA: ELC
FF XIII
POP: FS

$67 total

I got my Dante's Inferno today and it had the slip cover and DLC code.

The cover was slightly beat up though, and it had a clear sticker that had been placed on top. Peeling off the sticker, even being as gentle as I could, it ended up taking some of the shiny red on the cover with it, which sucked.

I caved and bought Assassin's Creed 2 despite only getting through about half of the first game. It came out to $10.09 with my 5 GameFly bucks, so I surely can't complain about that.

Darksiders
Prince of Persia
Alpha Protocol

Darksiders and AP look fun, never been a HUGE POP fan but for 12.99/9.99 kind of hard to pass up unless they are garbage, opinions?[/QUOTE]

Darksiders was much better than I anticipated. Went in with low expectations and I am enjoying it possibly more than God of War 3.

Darksiders
Prince of Persia
Alpha Protocol

Darksiders is fantastic! Definitely worth getting. Similar to Zelda, and has some cool boss fights.

POP SoT is great, but short. Only took me around 5-6 hours, but I really loved the platforming in it. Didn't play the cel-shaded POP yet though.

Alpha Protocol is just okay. I really don't like the combat, but I liked the story, and the conversation system is really good. Decent voice acting too imo.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Stupid Stupid Stupid!!!! Swore I wouldn't buy anything!!! back log is stupid been doing pretty good all year!!! In for Alpha Protocol and AC2!!! And the backlog grows!!! Do we even play these games or is buying the game itself the hobby?![/QUOTE]

If most of us didn't have work, school, lives, etc. we'd get to play (or just play more), plus games used to take what 6-10 hours on average (unless it was an RPG, then it was 25-40) but then the CD era hit, 100+ hour games, we grew up and the time we spend playing and hanging out turned into chores, making a living and doing other stuff.

Sometimes it sucks growing up. :lol:

Back on topic...Got everything today, shipped Tues, arrived via Fed Ex (one package) the two Wii games are a bit scratched, the PS3 one looks dirty, but fine. Not bad for $60-ish (One wii game that I bought wasn't on sale and I paid shipping :cry:, but the game still was $10 cheaper than other places are selling it for). And I've decided I'll only bite on AvP if it drops to $10, cause I don't think it's worth a penny more than that.

Really loved the idea of alpha protocol way back before all the delays, and after the mixed reviews I was going to wait but $15?!? I'm in.

I've got to admit, this is the first time I've ordered from Gamefly, and the shipping time was nothing short of impressive.

3 days? Not bad at all.

Ok guys I'm split, torn actually, I'm getting 2 max games I promised myself and I'm stuck between Darksiders, Mass Effect 2 and Borderlands. Please help me out, I already know they're all great games but is there anything anyone can justify for me not to get one of them. I guess if it comes down to it I'll get all three but I'm trying not to. Thanks

My copy of FF13 came in. Case and instructions are brand new; game has VERY light wear -- like if it lightly fell on the floor (3x VERY light scratches, dust. Too bad I didnt buy any more games.

Ugh, I want Sin and Punishment, but they're sold out! Crap. I'm getting Prince of Persia though. I thought about some others like Red Steel 2 and Wolverine, but those are basically the same price on Amazon brand new, so no real reason to buy those now.

[quote name='Matedawg11']Ok guys I'm split, torn actually, I'm getting 2 max games I promised myself and I'm stuck between Darksiders, Mass Effect 2 and Borderlands. Please help me out, I already know they're all great games but is there anything anyone can justify for me not to get one of them. I guess if it comes down to it I'll get all three but I'm trying not to. Thanks[/QUOTE]

If I were you I would get Mass Effect 2 for sure, one of the best game of 2010, and maybe Darksiders, never played it, but I heard it is pretty good mixed of GoW and Zelda.
I wouldn't get Borderlands but that's because I hate grindy games that has quests just telling you to go kill this amount of kills, go kill this, go loot that, and the quests have no variety.

[quote name='Matedawg11']Ok guys I'm split, torn actually, I'm getting 2 max games I promised myself and I'm stuck between Darksiders, Mass Effect 2 and Borderlands. Please help me out, I already know they're all great games but is there anything anyone can justify for me not to get one of them. I guess if it comes down to it I'll get all three but I'm trying not to. Thanks[/QUOTE]
Ya know,I was gonna say Mass Effect 2 and Borderlands hands down BUT with the GOTY version of borderlands coming with all of the awesome DLC I'd say wait for that version. But definitely get it. Its incredible.

Definitely get Mass Effect 2.

And either get Borderlands if you have friends to play with or Darksiders if you don't have friends to play with. Borderlands really seems to only be fun when you're playing with other people.

Just bought Assassins Creed 2, Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands for the 360 and No More Heroes 2 for the Wii.

Went in thinking just to buy Assassins Creed 2. lol

The first part of my order has shipped and so far, so good! Dante's Inferno Divine Edition (PS3) played without any problems at all as far as I can tell, and the DLC voucher for the prequel DLC Dark Forest had not been redeemed. So if anybody was curious whether it includes the DLC or not, it does. ^^

I think it's safe to assume that all pre-owned Game Fly rentals will come with the DLC cards and vouchers intact since they only physically mail people the discs for the rental portion of their service. The only reasons I see that it wouldn't is in the case of a return where the customer redeemed the voucher first or another version of the same game without the DLC code included.

[quote name='DarkZion']Definitely get Mass Effect 2.

And either get Borderlands if you have friends to play with or Darksiders if you don't have friends to play with. Borderlands really seems to only be fun when you're playing with other people.[/QUOTE]

second this

I really hated Borderlands. Thought it was totally over-rated. Played it for a day and sent it back. I've already stated that Darksiders is a great game in a prior post. Never played ME2.

Borderlands is my favorite game of the past few years. Mass Effect 2 was damn near perfect. I own Darksiders but haven't had time to play it yet.

bread's done
Back