GameFly September 2010 Used Game Sale - Under $20 Blowout

Deathchamber

CAGiversary!
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having their monthly used game sale with prices under $20 and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.
Sale ends 10/4.

:360: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game $7.99
:360: Dark Void $9.99
:360: Prince of Persia $9.99
:360: Aliens vs. Predator $12.99
:360: Darksiders $12.99
:360: Need for Speed: Shift $12.99
:360: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $12.99
:360: Assassin's Creed 2 $14.99
:360: BioShock 2 $14.99
:360: Dante's Inferno $14.99
:360: Alpha Protocol $14.99
:360: Mass Effect 2 $17.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $17.99
:360: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $17.99
:360: Left 4 Dead 2 $17.99
:360: Tropico 3 $17.99
:360: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction $14.99 (Still has free shipping as of 10/7)
:360: Borderlands $19.99

:ps3: Rogue Warrior $7.99
:ps3: Dark Void $9.99
:ps3: Aliens vs. Predator $12.99
:ps3: Alpha Protocol $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed 2 $14.99
:ps3: BioShock 2 $14.99
:ps3: Dante's Inferno Divine Edition $14.99
:ps3: Darksiders $14.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Shift $14.99
:ps3: God of War Collection $17.99
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII $17.99
:ps3: MAG $17.99
:ps3: God of War III $19.99
:ps3: Infamous $17.99
:ps3: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $17.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time $19.99

:wii: Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2010 $7.99
:wii: Hasbro Family Game Night 2 $9.99
:wii: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game $9.99
:wii: MadWorld $9.99
:wii: MySims Agents $12.99
:wii: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $12.99
:wii: Racquet Sports $12.99
:wii: Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing $12.99
:wii: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle $12.99
:wii: Rabbids Go Home $12.99
:wii: Dead Space Extraction $14.99
:wii: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 $14.99
:wii: Red Steel 2 $17.99
:wii: Trauma Team $19.99
:wii: Sin & Punishment: Star Successor $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine in 4 days. Awesome since they used presort standard. And FYI: they use no address correction or fowarding or return request! For those not real familiar with USPS, presort standard by itself, that means if your address is wrong, your game gets trashed/recycled!!!

Dante's inferno Divine Edition just came back in stock. I just purchased one myself.

Did anyone else happen to get the slip cover besides Derextreme?

Got Dante's Divine Edition today. Took 4 days shipping, not including Sunday. Slip cover, DLC, manual, & mint condition. Sweet!

Got Dante's Inferno today..... Everything is in mint condition BUT the actual disc!!!!! My second time buying from them and i am disappointed yet again. Disc is heavily scratched and chipped around the edges. Not gonna buy from them again.

Bit the bullet on Dantes, 16.11 with Tax Free Shipping, Figure I will get around to it some point in time and if I not I can always trade it in for probably 10-15 dollars so there won't be much of a loss.

Finally, able to grab a copy of Dante's Inferno. Had rented it a couple months back and put in 4-5 hours. Not the most epic of games, but definitely enjoyable. Even liked it better than Bayonetta to my surprise.

Bought a copy of Episodes from Liberty City last night. I haven't seen it cheaper than that, so I guess I'll finally play it. Took me long enough to get that one.

GTA:EfLC and Rock Band Green Day are two titles that surprised me that they haven't gotten dirt cheap yet.

Got Alpha Protocol, the game is in good shape, looks like the case got a little cracked during the shipping, but overall I'm satisfied :)

Damn, just remembered what it was I was wanting from the last sale a couple weeks back that lasted a week.
I missed out on Yakuza 3. But it doesn't seem to be in this sale.........
:cry:

Never been disappointed by these deals, although I am disappointed by the actual gamefly subscription.

Returned a game on Monday, they received it Wednesday and shipped out my next game on the next Monday. This is with 30 games in the queue of all sorts of availability.

Only in my second week but I hope it's not always like this, I thought they were opening a new distribution center in Seattle, guess that fell through.

[quote name='Geello']Never been disappointed by these deals, although I am disappointed by the actual gamefly subscription.

[/QUOTE]

I've had Gamefly for 4 months and a few times they waited to ship a game until the they after they received a game but never longer than that.

Castlevania shipped today from them, so that's $40 saved. :)

Got my S&P2 in today, nearly flawless condition. Just a couple smudges on the disc that can be cleaned easily.... really like these gamefly sales! Haven't been disappointed in 4-5+ orders I've made with them, big ups to GF!

Nearly flawless on MAG at showed up today. This has been a better transaction than the Silent Hill: Shattered Memories in the September sale. Silent Hill came with the case cut, the cd holder broken completely and the disc sliding around. The disc was scratched to shit, but still works.

got mine today ps3 darksiders almost new had few finger prints and also got ps3 dantes slip cover ,code disc perfect condition cheers

Got my first order from GameFly in today, BioShock 2. Case and instruction booklet were mint. The disc was terribly scratched / buffed. It works, though, so I'm guessing I shouldn't send it back. :cry:

My will power finally gave in today for AvP and AC2. Great prices for games to add to the backlog, and I've always had good luck with the condition of the games I've bought in the past.

Got Sonic & Sega: All Stars Racing today, still waiting on Sin & Punishment: Star Successor.

It works fine. There's a couple small scratches on the disk, but everything works fine. Damn happy for $14.

Got 2 of 3 games today. My Sims Agents for Wii and Avatar for xBox 360.... both discs are in fair condition - quite scratched/buffed, but no chips or cracks. They seem to work, but I don't think I'll be buying from Gamefly again.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']I've had Gamefly for 4 months and a few times they waited to ship a game until the they after they received a game but never longer than that.

Castlevania shipped today from them, so that's $40 saved. :)[/QUOTE]

Castlevania shipped yesterday for me too. /highfive ;)

I got my copy of Sin & Punishment yesterday and while I haven't been able to test it, it looks pretty pristine. The disc has a few very fain scratches, but not anything that should even remotely be an issue. Case, manual and reg card are all like new.

I just couldn't pull the trigger on Dante's Inferno or Darksiders after reading all the negative reviews about things like the pacing of Dante's Inferno or general gameplay in the case of Darksiders. I'm happy I spent $5 more and got GoW III though.

[quote name='Lucky13']I just couldn't pull the trigger on Dante's Inferno or Darksiders after reading all the negative reviews about things like the pacing of Dante's Inferno or general gameplay in the case of Darksiders. I'm happy I spent $5 more and got GoW III though.[/QUOTE]

That's a loss on your part for Darksiders. Darksiders is really a great game especially at that price point - I didn't see any real glaring difficulties with the Darksiders gameplay. Dante's Inferno is meh - it's fun for a single playthrough, and can be finished in a weekend.

[quote name='Lucky13']I just couldn't pull the trigger on Dante's Inferno or Darksiders after reading all the negative reviews about things like the pacing of Dante's Inferno or general gameplay in the case of Darksiders. I'm happy I spent $5 more and got GoW III though.[/QUOTE]

Fail... Both these games are amazing. Don't listen to anyone.

Got my Dante's Inferno today- complete with slipcover, dl content, and disk in perfect condition. Almost looks like it wasn't used at all as there were still bits of the cellophane wrapper on the case. If I were one to really nitpick, there was a slight crumple on one corner of the slipcover, but I think this is more to do with the postal service handling the package. Very slight - otherwise, it's virtually brand new. Alpha Protocol came in a few days ago and that too was in perfect condition. I will definitely buy from them again when they have their next sale.

Got Sin & Punishment: Star Successor today. The disc has no scratches whatsoever. There was some dust on the disc, but nothing else.

That's 2 of 2 games from this order that were in great shape. I really couldn't be much happier.

Got all three games I ordered

Alpha Protocol, Sin and Punishment (from the sale) and Silent Hill Shattered Memories for Wii.

All came in mint condition which made me extremely happy. The last few games I have purchased from gamefly have been scratched, but working condition, so it is a nice change of pace.

Hell yea my three games just came, bioshock 2, assassin's creed 2 and final fantasy xii came and i was worried that the disc might be beat up but when i opened the box, the box looked brand new, all manuals came and discs were in pristine edition

[quote name='zane_7849']When do they start posting the October "Free Shipping" sales?[/QUOTE]

I think it's usually towards the end of the month. Last time was I think the last week of September till October 4th. Best way to make sure is to keep checking here at CAG to be trully on top of all the good sales-this site is the frugal gamer's best friend.:D
Thanks to CAG I've saved considerable amounts of money even though I've bought way more games than I can play for the next year or so.

Picked up ME2; the Cerberus code was miraculously unused, and the discs looked new...I assume they store the packaging while the game is under rental, and thankfully nobody swiped the code..

[quote name='dark-star']Picked up ME2; the Cerberus code was miraculously unused, and the discs looked new...I assume they store the packaging while the game is under rental, and thankfully nobody swiped the code..[/QUOTE]

They don't ship the codes, they sit there untouched with the box and manual. I have Dante's Inferno, Assassin's Creed 2, Bioshock 2 and Prince of Persia being delivered today (ordered the 4th, shipped from Carson, 2 day free shipping FTW). I'm hoping they're all in good condition and will report my results. This is my first gamefly used games buy.

Placed my order for NFS: Shift and AC2 on 10/1 ... still haven't received. E-mails claimed they were shipped 10/2. Should I be worried?

I believe they provide tracking as my order shipped with FedEx. Check your email.
Coincidentally, I also ordered my items on the 1st. Should be arriving today according to the tracking.

Not unless you're a GameFly member. The sale has ended, so no more free shipping. Just hope for them to appear in the next sale.

[quote name='BigTex1979']Like a dumbass, I opted for standard shipping ... no tracking numbers. Hope they get here this week.[/QUOTE]
I think you should be getting it today or tomorrow latest. I also opted for standard shipping, ordered my game on the 30th, got it yesterday.

I bought Alpha Protocol and Assassin's Creed 2 on the PS3 and they arrived yesterday. Played AP for awhile yesterday and it worked OK, but now when I put the disc in it says "No Signal" on my TV and won't play the game. This has never happened with my PS3 before and all my other discs work fine.

There doesn't appear to be any damage to the disc, although there is one extremely minor chip on the edge of the disc.

So, make sure you don't buy a bunch of games and don't get around to playing them for months. I'll have to contact Gamefly and see what they'll do for me. I'd be hesitant to buy from them again, though.

Talked to Gamefly customer service. I have to return the disc and they're going to issue me a refund for Alpha Protocol. They wouldn't give me another copy; they said I'd have to reorder it. Reordering it sucks because there's no more free shipping.

So, yeah, I can't say I'm too impressed with Gamefly. I'm sitting here loading my AC2 disc over and over to make sure it plays.

[quote name='zane_7849']When do they start posting the October "Free Shipping" sales?[/QUOTE]

wouldnt be shocked if they had off the next sale till Black friday

My discs range in quality from fair to very good. Going to be testing them all shortly to make sure they work.

edit: All discs work and I can enter the beginning cinematic sequences on all games with no problems. Some of the discs had a lot of surface scratches, but they were merely surface scratches. AC 2 has a chip on the very edge of the disk. As long as they all install fine, it's no worries for me. Still slightly disappointed in the quality based on what I've heard though.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 of my 5 games finally showed up yesterday and they came in a cardboard box that had enough room in it to fit 5-6 games. No bubble wrap or packing to keep them protected. God of War III has a half dozen scratches on it and it froze up on me about 45 minutes in. Aliens vs Predator has a chip in the side of the disc that goes in till the read part. I haven't tried it yet to see if it works but I'm not sure that I want to.

Before this order I had purchased a total of 16 games from GameFly and this is the first time I've ever had an issue with any of their games. I'm going to get in touch with them and maybe try AvP tonight and go from there.

[quote name='Izod517']That's a loss on your part for Darksiders. Darksiders is really a great game especially at that price point - I didn't see any real glaring difficulties with the Darksiders gameplay. Dante's Inferno is meh - it's fun for a single playthrough, and can be finished in a weekend.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I didn't see the point in buying Dante's Inferno since it's basically a GoW rip off and at some point I'll borrow Darksiders from a buddy. And a weekend to beat the game? I understand it's short and only 8 hours of gameplay but I have a life plus I wouldn't want to buy a game I could beat that quickly anyway.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Fail... Both these games are amazing. Don't listen to anyone.[/QUOTE]

I played the demos and wasn't impressed with either game and finally played the full version of Dante's Inferno and was even less impressed. After playing GoW III last night I'm glad I didn't get Dante's Inferno.

Just got Alpha Protocal :360: and was installed with no problems.
Game disc was in great condition with a few scratches but the game case in the other hand was chipped in many parts. From all the bad reviews Ive read about the game, Alpha Protocal is actually a really good game. You should definitely pick it up at this price.

bread's done
Back