GameFly September 2012 Used Game Sale - Under $20 Blowout

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale has returned with under $20 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 9/17.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:360: Wipeout 2 $7.99
:360: Mass Effect 2 $8.99
:360: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City $8.99
:360: Just Dance 3 $9.99
:360: Lord of the Rings: War in the North $9.99
:360: Need for Speed The Run $9.99
:360: Rage $9.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $9.99
:360: Sonic Generations $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed Revelations $12.99
:360: Capcom Digital Collection $12.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII-2 $12.99
:360: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary $12.99
:360: L.A. Noire $12.99
:360: Rayman Origins $12.99
:360: Silent Hill HD Collection $12.99
:360: UFC Trainer $12.99
:360: Wipeout: In the Zone $12.99
:360: Gears of War 3 $14.99
:360: Ridge Racer Unbounded $14.99
:360: Spider-Man: Edge of Time $14.99
:360: X-Men: Destiny $14.99
:360: Mass Effect 3 $14.99
:360: Ninja Gaiden 3 $14.99
:360: Saints Row: The Third $19.99

:ps3: Air Conflicts: Secret Wars $7.99
:ps3: Syndicate $7.99
:ps3: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City $8.99
:ps3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed The Run $9.99
:ps3: Rage $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $9.99
:ps3: Sonic Generations $9.99
:ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon $12.99
:ps3: Disney Universe $12.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 3 $12.99
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII-2 $12.99
:ps3: Infamous 2 $14.99
:ps3: Ridge Racer Unbounded $14.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Edge of Time $14.99
:ps3: Twisted Metal $14.99
:ps3: Yakuza Dead Souls $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed Revelations $14.99
:ps3: Dead Island $14.99
:ps3: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $17.99
:ps3: Armored Core V $19.99
:ps3: Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi $19.99

:wii: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 $7.99
:wii: JAWS: Ultimate Predator $7.99
:wii: Just Dance Kids $7.99
:wii: Puss in Boots $7.99
:wii: The Adventures of Tintin: The Game $7.99
:wii: The Price is Right 2010 Edition $7.99
:wii: The Price is Right Decades $7.99
:wii: Trivial Pursuit: Bet You Know It $7.99
:wii: Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion XL $9.99
:wii: Need for Speed The Run $9.99
:wii: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 $12.99
:wii: Power Rangers Samurai $12.99
:wii: Rayman Origins $12.99
:wii: Disney Universe $12.99
:wii: Rhythm Heaven Fever $14.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn $14.99
:wii: Michael Jackson The Experience $14.99
:wii: Fortune Street $17.99
:wii: Just Dance 3 $17.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Spider-man: Edge of Time & Capcom Digitial Collection for 360, rest of the stuff already own that I was interested in.

[quote name='affa']

resident evil: ORC -- because i'm a sucker and couldn't resist the price, and secretly hope all the hate is from RE purists, even though i know it's probably not and just has terrible mechanics. [/QUOTE]

It's not too bad actually; I managed to get it the last time they had it on sale and had a pretty ok time. If you go with single-player, you'll probably get one or two playthroughs before getting tired of it. The Spec Ops missions are an interesting take and actually a bit harder than the Umbrella storyline.

I wouldn't bother trying to 100% it though, a lot of the achievements/trophies are kind of tedious.

I Really regret ordering Silent Hill HD after watching those youtube vids now. Now I feel I'm gonna either return it or gift it to a friend when I get it. Since it seems like it'll take more then a mere patch to fix many of the problems in that game. Oh and Tom Hulett can goddamn suck it.

Do first party Nintendo Wii games always come with the Club Nintendo codes inside? I would assume they do if GameFly typically includes the online passes for 360 and PS3.

[quote name='JediDeath']It's not too bad actually; I managed to get it the last time they had it on sale and had a pretty ok time. If you go with single-player, you'll probably get one or two playthroughs before getting tired of it. The Spec Ops missions are an interesting take and actually a bit harder than the Umbrella storyline.

I wouldn't bother trying to 100% it though, a lot of the achievements/trophies are kind of tedious.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up about the trophies; i'm neck deep in a tedious platinum right now. i always realize it's too tedious right when i'm soooo close yet soooo far. almost there.

the worst ever was bulletstorm, i think. i did every single last challenge, then discovered you needed to spend like 50 hours online leveling up for the final trophy (which translated to grinding one level over and over, according to a guide)

that said, bulletstorm was a super fun game. just never gonna plat it.

So can anyone who has actually played the PS3 version of Silent Hill HD confirm whether or not it's latest patch improved it enough to warrant a purchase?

[quote name='crunchewy']Decided to bite on Rayman Origins 360 as well. Partly for my kids, partly for me.[/QUOTE]
You'll be happy IMO. Its a fun game. It certainly wasn't worth the launch price but I would say the best deal GF has going right now.

[quote name='roedaniel19']So can anyone who has actually played the PS3 version of Silent Hill HD confirm whether or not it's latest patch improved it enough to warrant a purchase?[/QUOTE]

Edit: Disregard the promo information I posted earlier. The game had to be purchased on or before August 8 from qualifying dealers.

Couldn't quite convince myself to pull the trigger on Rayman: Origins or Twisted Metal. I'm already buying Mugen Souls (CE), DoA 5 (CE) and Tekken Tag 2 this month... plus like 30 comics, lol.

Never been a big fan or Rayman... didn't care for the character design, but I've heard great things about Origins and I love a good 2D platformer. Still.. I think it won't be hard to find it at this price down the line.

Thanks Bosamba, I tried googling it myself and couldn't find a real yes or no...

Dead Souls & Sonic Gen are back in stock! Finally got my order in, woo! Kinda want AC:V but wasn't too convinced when I played the Japanese demo. Hopefully it'll be lower soon enough.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Really regret ordering Silent Hill HD after watching those youtube vids now. Now I feel I'm gonna either return it or gift it to a friend when I get it. Since it seems like it'll take more then a mere patch to fix many of the problems in that game. Oh and Tom Hulett can goddamn suck it.[/QUOTE]
Well the deal is only for the 360 version so not even a patch is going to fix it, because there will never be a patch.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Well the deal is only for the 360 version so not even a patch is going to fix it, because there will never be a patch.[/QUOTE]
Uh, yeah, I know (I think by now everyone on this site knows of the lack of patch). Was speaking more on the technical things they changed that was pointed out on the video like the stretched out aspect ratio that ruins alot of things and the TV border ruining cut scenes. Not to mention the slow ass moving speed in SH3 and terrible sound problems. Even if there was a patch it wouldn't fix many of the problems that the game has crammed into it.

Gamefly is offically my favorite used game company ....I can't believe I recieved Sonic Generations and Halo: CEA in the mail today...ONE DAY SHIPPING SERIOUSLY!!!!!! HYFR

[quote name='ray2dee']Gamefly is offically my favorite used game company ....I can't believe I recieved Sonic Generations and Halo: CEA in the mail today...ONE DAY SHIPPIN SERIOUSLY!!!!!! HYFR[/QUOTE]

Wow really? I wish that was true for me as I am still waiting for my Goldeneye Releaded I ordered last week. :(

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Wow really? I wish that was true for me as I am still waiting for my Goldeneye Releaded I ordered last week. :([/QUOTE]

The trick to getting your games quickly is to order 2 or more games. GameFly will ship them priority mail.

[quote name='ray2dee']Gamefly is offically my favorite used game company ....I can't believe I recieved Sonic Generations and Halo: CEA in the mail today...ONE DAY SHIPPING SERIOUSLY!!!!!! HYFR[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Wow really? I wish that was true for me as I am still waiting for my Goldeneye Releaded I ordered last week. :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='kill3r7']The trick to getting your games quickly is to order 2 or more games. GameFly will ship them priority mail.[/QUOTE]

Hrm, i placed order yesterday morning (around 10-10:30am) for Halo & Rayman Origins and my order has yet to even ship. :???:

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Has Sonic been re-stocked yet?[/QUOTE]
Yeah it was restocked at noon, but it sold out in less than 15 minutes.

Wow you guys weren't kidding, Gamefly is on the ball this month! Already received tracking number for both of my games.

Hopefully I get Goldeneye tomorrow, if not then I have to call Gamefly and have them track it down since they don't issue tracking numbers, freaking moronic if you ask me. -_-

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Hopefully I get Goldeneye tomorrow, if not then I have to call Gamefly and have them track it down since they don't issue tracking numbers, freaking moronic if you ask me. -_-[/QUOTE]

Be patient. I've had a game show 12 days after shipping confirmation.

In the meantime did u get sour cream dip for your ch.........

***gets shot***

[quote name='chunlirocks']Be patient. I've had a game show 12 days after shipping confirmation.

In the meantime did u get sour cream dip for your ch.........

***gets shot***[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I will be, I will give it another week before calling the cops. No sour cream but I did buy some salsa con queso cheese dip, i'm ready.

I feel cursed with Rayman Origins! This is, what, the 3rd time Gamefly has had it, yet i've missed it every time because it goes out of stock so rapidly. Then i made the disastrous mistake during Best Buy's recent sale of ordering it shipped, since one of my items wasn't in-store. Dumb decision - it got cancelled, naturally.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Yeah, I will be, I will give it another week before calling the cops. No sour cream but I did buy some salsa con queso cheese dip, i'm ready.[/QUOTE]

I had one gamefly game not show with no tracking.
I had a full refund in 6 minutes after my email
They're service is great

The thing that gets me about the games they ship out without tracking #s is that they have a delivery confirmation # on them when they arrive. You can have some tracking ability with a DC #.

Probably a bit of a noob question and I apologize if this has been covered, but do you have to be an existing gamefly member to take advantage of this sale?

Could I sign up for the 30 day trial and purchase some games? Beyond that, do you "rent" the game, and is there an available option to "keep" it, beyond the description link.

Dang it. Syndicate - out, Sonic Generations - out, skipping Mario Kart due to KMart having it that price on Sunday....thinking about Twisted Metal, but with Borderlands 2 on the way.....eh...seems like I'm always a day late to these parties. :)

Happy hunting everyone.

One question - when did inflation kick in so that it is now the $1,000,000 Dollar Pyramid?

[quote name='harry hood']Probably a bit of a noob question and I apologize if this has been covered, but do you have to be an existing gamefly member to take advantage of this sale?

Could I sign up for the 30 day trial and purchase some games? Beyond that, do you "rent" the game, and is there an available option to "keep" it, beyond the description link.[/QUOTE]
You can buy the games without a subscription. However I think you can rent and then pay the keep price on games if you do the trial.

bread's done
Back