Gamefly Used Games Sale -

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Used Games 100% Guaranteed (No exchanges, only refunds). Comes with original codes, cases, and manuals. All of the items below :shipfree:
Offer good while supplies last.

2012/12/14 - No new deals tonight.

The following are not part of today's deals but do come with free shipping:
:360: Madden NFL 12 $9.99
:ps3: Madden NFL 12 $9.99
:360: Spider-Man: Edge of Time $12.99
:ps3: The Adventures of Tintin: The Game $12.99
:3ds: Spongebob Squigglepants 3D $14.99
:3ds: The Sims 3 $17.99
:ps3: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $17.99
:360: Warriors: Orochi 3 $19.99

Gamefly Deals twitter link: https://twitter.com/gameflydeals
Used games with free shipping link: http://www.gamefly.com/buy-games/Browse/?cat=FreeShipping&page=1&sort=Price

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']Spider-man: Web of Shadows, Wolverine then Captain America for me.[/QUOTE]

Is Cap. America better, equal to or worse than Spiderman:WOS? Spiderman WoS is one of my favorite underrated games of this generation.

[quote name='ChuckInKC']Is Cap. America better, equal to or worse than Spiderman:WOS? Spiderman WoS is one of my favorite underrated games of this generation.[/QUOTE]
Mine too, I don't understand how it got such low scores. Like I said earlier, it's more similar to Arkham Asylum just in overall gameplay. So all it really is going to be is going to point B then point C etc. with boss fights and some quick time events platforming sections thrown in. It's nothing like Web of Shadows with the more open combat and the multiple endings, so I can't really compare it in anyway to WoS. Just if you want a 10-15 hour action game that never gets really frustrating and is an easy 100% then it's hard for me not to recommend Cap, especially at that price.

Oh and without nailing the cheezmints I'd say the game is 10-12 hours if people aren't interested in those. It's reasonably paced.

Man, I'm on the fence about Max Payne 3 and now, based on all the high recommendations, Captain America (which I wouldn't have given a second glance had I not read the posts above). I know they printed a ton more than actually sold, so I'm wondering if maybe it would be smarter to wait until it hits the $10 mark...but I read Xbox Live is going to be having a MP3 sale, presumably on DLC...

[quote name='bardockkun']Spider-man: Web of Shadows, Wolverine then Captain America for me.[/QUOTE]

WoS is my favorite super hero game to date... Not sure why I just love it.

I know one way to check and see if the chips around a disc will affect it is to install it for 360, but is there any other way? I received Everybody Dance today for the PS3 and one of the chips are a bit bigger than the usual. I played through a couple of songs and had no problems whatsoever but I was hoping there was a more sure way to check.

Kind of want to grab FEAR 3. Anyone suggest it? Hated it? The first one is the only one I played and it was on PC a couple years back and I enjoyed it and had a few scares.

[quote name='Izod517']WoS is my favorite super hero game to date... Not sure why I just love it.[/QUOTE]
I Think because it got the combat of Spider-man down perfectly. The addition of the black suit didn't hurt either for some extra gameplay combat choices and all the cameos actually made it feel like one giant story arc.

Though I forgot to mention The Darkness games, I think that's number 1 for me just because the story was so stupid good.

[quote name='Komentra']Kind of want to grab FEAR 3. Anyone suggest it? Hated it? The first one is the only one I played and it was on PC a couple years back and I enjoyed it and had a few scares.[/QUOTE]

It has some of the funnest split screen co-op. I love that each character is different and made for some fun times with my friend.

I ended up getting Captain America. If it turns out terrible, I expect to be compensated by the users in this thread. I'll post my Paypal info soon.

Good sale. I highly, highly recommend Max Payne 3. Fear 3 is a good game at $10 but its a lot more fun playing with a friend in co-op.

Picked up Captain America without hesitation. Been wanting this forever, but didn't wanna pay $25 for it on eBay. Thank you Gamefly!!

Got Captain America off Glyde this May for about the same price with a coupon, and I think it's worth it at that price. It's fairly short, and fairly simple, but overall quite enjoyable.

They should have used the "Star Spangled Man" song from the movie for the credits theme, though.

[quote name='Skydude']Got Captain America off Glyde this May for about the same price with a coupon, and I think it's worth it at that price. It's fairly short, and fairly simple, but overall quite enjoyable.

They should have used the "Star Spangled Man" song from the movie for the credits theme, though.[/QUOTE]

Glyde has coupons? I've only been using it a few weeks. It's pretty cool. I just wish they had seller feedback.

I've been meaning to pick up Max Payne 3 since launch, I can't resist it for this price. You guys have almost convinced me to get Cap'n Murica too, I'll go check out some Youtube vids or reviews or something.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']
I don't know if I agree with cjenvy about it being the most underrated comic game, because I still think Xmen Origins: Wolverine holds that title. But this is definitely in second place.[/QUOTE]

Whereas, in an honest moment, I'd say that XO:W bored me to tears. I felt the combat was uninspired (particularly when fighting the WENDIGO types). Plus, the story was a retelling of the story all X-Men fans already knew so there was nothing to pull me along.

OTOH, I really enjoyed playing Captain America. The combat really is B:AA-lite. The game is fairly linear (not a bad thing IMO) but the story is new and original. Yes, it "fits in" with the events of the movie, but it's something not seen in the film or explicitly shown in the comics, though there are, of course, nods to the events in both.

Full Disclosure: Though I actually read more X-Men / Wolverine / Weapon X comics as a kid, I always preferred Captain America as a character over pretty much every other Marvel character. (see avatar :))

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I don't know if I agree with cjenvy about it being the most underrated comic game, because I still think Xmen Origins: Wolverine holds that title. [/QUOTE]

I think X-Men Origins: Wolverine was the most OVERRATED comic game of all time. It got waaaay too much praise when it came out. I think it mostly skated by on its gore and the fact that as a movie licensed game, it wasn't a failure.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the game. It had its moments, but it was also redundant as fuck and had some of the worst boss battles I've ever played in a hack 'n slash. The Gambit fight was so painfully choreographed and glitchy. You sit there and shred on Gambit for like 15 minutes through a boring and forced fight. No strategy... just go along with it.

It's just not all it's cracked up to be. Lots of boring segments, repeated mini-bosses, terrible encounters and the fact that you play as Hugh Jackman instead of Wolverine kinda made it that much less engaging.

Most underrated comic game this gen for me would have to be Web of Shadows. Loved that game.

I'd buy 2 copies of Fear right now so I can co-op with my cousin but that talk of the code not being included for multiplayer modes makes me think we wouldn't have the option to do so :(

[quote name='Dread Fox']I'd buy 2 copies of Fear right now so I can co-op with my cousin but that talk of the code not being included for multiplayer modes makes me think we wouldn't have the option to do so :([/QUOTE]

What talk? Don't GF games all come with new boxes/codes?

You know what, I saw this and read it wrong:

NOTE: Rental of this title does not include the single-use code for access to two multiplayer modes. The single-use code is included with purchase of this title.

Grabbed Cap. America. Was soooooooooooooo tempted for MP & Fear 3 but did not bite.

I see MP on sale a lot for around this price so I figure it may show up new for $15 soon somewhere.

Thanks TC.

Madden NFL 12 is back in stock if anyone is interested.
Just picked up two copies for me and my friend.

[quote name='htz']Year end sale should be this Friday.[/QUOTE]
That means no sales until 12/21? I hope there is daily sale tomorrow.

[quote name='Izod517']12/21 I sure hope there IS a 12/21 :)[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah :roll:. Well watch the movie 2012 so you know what to expect ;)

I dunno know about you guys but I love the commerical where "offering the mayan gods" Jell-O will spare us all.

[quote name='ckc4043']That means no sales until 12/21? I hope there is daily sale tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

No, you'll have to wait till the 21st to tell us again that you want Ninja Gaiden 3 for 9.99.

[quote name='dinovelvet']No, you'll have to wait till the 21st to tell us again that you want Ninja Gaiden 3 for 9.99.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean he doesn't want it if it's 8.99?

[quote name='GT']Does that mean he doesn't want it if it's 8.99?[/QUOTE]
No, it just means that guy always posts about wanting Ninja Gaiden 3 and Operation Raccoon to be on sale. Oh yea and a 4gb vita card. He doesn't wish for much apparently.

I was hoping the sale was today. They always do montly sales on a Tuesday mid-month, at least since I've been keeping track.

Do we know for sure that it's happening on Friday?

[quote name='kouleefoh']No, it just means that guy always posts about wanting Ninja Gaiden 3 and Operation Raccoon to be on sale. Oh yea and a 4gb vita card.

He doesn't wish for much apparently.[/QUOTE]

I heartily laughed. Thanks for making my day.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']I was hoping the sale was today. They always do montly sales on a Tuesday mid-month, at least since I've been keeping track.

Do we know for sure that it's happening on Friday?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I'm guessing there is no monthly sale this month, it's an "end of year" sale, so different rules?

bread's done
Back