@Gamer Coupons (Dec. '12) - $25 off MP9, $20 off Dragon's Dogma, more [12/2-1/12/13]

Vigilante

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Hey all, I just saw the new batch of @Gamer coupons thanks to my local BBY having the new issue out already (note that these are not active until Sunday):

-$25 off Mario Party 9 :)wii:)
-$20 off Dragon's Dogma :)ps3:/:360:)
-$15 off Gears of War 3 :)360:)
-$10 off Red Faction: Armageddon :)360: only)
-$15 off Toy Story Mania! :)ps3:/:360:) or Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure :)wii:/:3ds:)
-$10 off any pre-owned game $29.99 or more
-$50 off Warhead 7.1 Wireless Headset :)360:)
-$20 off PowerA Fus1on Tournament Controller :)360:)

Here's hoping Mario Party 9 and Dragon's Dogma goes on sale while these are active!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ooga']I'm really hoping you were trying to make a joke.[/QUOTE]

I just woke up and had to read that twice. Got a laugh out of me. :)

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Starting to regret renewing my subscription a couple months back. The coupons have been lousy.[/QUOTE]

I signed up a few months ago for the first time after seeing all of the really good coupons previously, they definitely haven't been as good as they were, decent still, but not amazing. There is hope for some of the games this round like Dragon's Dogma to get a price drop or discount to combine with the coupon.

[quote name='Deader2818']So you didn't pre-order any games or do any trade ins?[/QUOTE]

I don't preorder because it makes no sense to lock myself into buying a game from a specific retailer, and I don't need any games day one. At best preorder deals are usually the game for $40 or the game for $60 with a $20 gift card that locks my money to that store. I don't really spend $40 on any games.

I sell most of my games rather than trading in, there are some good deals to be had for trade-ins, but I find selling them gets more money and doesn't lock my credit to a store where I don't have the ability to shop around on price and will end up paying more money to use that credit.

[quote name='ooga']I'm really hoping you were trying to make a joke.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it was a joke. I searched all over Microsoft's store and couldn't find any Sony or Nintendo stuff. It's almost like they only carry Xbox and Windows stuff exclusively.

DD has a great combat system but everything else about the game is not as polished

story sucks
most quests suck
world is boring and dull
they had like 4 voice actors for whole game

day and night cycle is excellent
combat like i said is excellent

a sequel can really make this franchise shine, to me its a game you should pay $15 at the most. that's just my opinion

In for DD if its $20 or less. Been watching for a $20 price point on this for months.

Otherwise, yet another crap month. Haven't used a single coupon since I finally decided to subscribe about 4 months ago. I think @Gamer peaked way back with the Arkham City, ME2, RAGE issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
F.Y.I. dragons dogma and gears of war 3 were $10 on black friday from the microsoft store. So unless it gets that cheap it isn't really a deal, especially since it's free shipping from the microsoft store.

[quote name='spiderman4657']F.Y.I. dragons dogma and gears of war 3 were $10 on black friday from the microsoft store. So unless it gets that cheap it isn't really a deal, especially since it's free shipping from the microsoft store.[/QUOTE]

Lol at this guy.

[quote name='spiderman4657']F.Y.I. dragons dogma and gears of war 3 were $10 on black friday from the microsoft store. So unless it gets that cheap it isn't really a deal, especially since it's free shipping from the microsoft store.[/QUOTE]

You can keep thinking that way if you'd like. Black Friday prices are not reality.
For example, an old racer like Dirt 3 was about $5.00 last year at BB during Black Friday, and while the game now retails for $19.99 (old version), I never found it for those $5.00 after looking for it for a few months.

Did you not see all the whining in that Microsoft thread? The reason being, that they all know they will never find any of those games at those prices anytime soon.

I know people are sick of the complaining about these coupons but I got unlocked 4 months ago and now with this month I won't have used a single coupon lol. Apparently I got unlocked when BB decided to stop giving out good deals.

pls provide time machine

[quote name='spiderman4657']F.Y.I. dragons dogma and gears of war 3 were $10 on black friday from the microsoft store. So unless it gets that cheap it isn't really a deal, especially since it's free shipping from the microsoft store.[/QUOTE]what a jack wagon

Sucks, again. Maybe this will motivate people en masse to write to/call BBY and voice their dissatisfaction as opposed to (or in conjunction with) just complaining on forums.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Are people still playing Gears multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

Yes the online community is pretty strong. Expect a good drop off in March though since GoW: Judgment is coming.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Sucks, again. Maybe this will motivate people en masse to write to/call BBY and voice their dissatisfaction as opposed to (or in conjunction with) just complaining on forums.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're joking. My Gamer's club membership has paid for itself 10 times over and I've had it less than 6 months. The last 2 months of coupons have been mediocre, but before that I picked up Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3 for $10 each. I used 2 coupons November on NFS The Run and Naruto Shippuden to flip them to GS for a small profit. I used the Reward Zone offer to pick up Ghost Recon: Future Soldier last month.

All this whining and sense of entitlement is really annoying. It's like some of you expect a bunch of $5-10 dollar games every month off a $15 yearly subscription.

thanks for posting op

nothing for me again...this has gotten completely ridiculous. Sad part is, I wasn't even wondering about this month b/c i anticipated rotten deals again.
Only deal w/ sale that might come through is Gears since they gotta clear the shelves for the next game coming soon.

Anyhoot. Only used 2 coupons since April. Epic Fail w/ @gamer mag.

lol whatever, people have been over this several times. it isn't entitlement to want better deals when you're paying for a service. it isn't entitlement to politely contact the company when you are dissatisfied with their deals. that's kind of a problem with "buzzwords" I guess, people will throw them around in all situations even if it doesn't apply lol.

It's not about entitlement for all you corporate lackeys out there. It has to do with misleading advertising. The first few issues had really good deals. Good enough for me to buy unlocked when I already had an active subscription to Gamestop's Pro membership.

The last coupon I used was for freaking Darkness 2 back in spring. Yes, back in fucking spring.

That is really unacceptable. And there is simply no defense for it. A lot of people have been pointing out the severe lack of offers. Why is there no hot offer for x-com, a game that was not part of the pre-order deal? Or how about a deal for DOA5? These fighting games are NEVER worth the 60 tag.

The only redeeming value of unlocked are these post-Kmart era deals on pre-orders.

If you're not into pre-ordering then you got scammed.

My grandpa pays $56 a month rent on an amazing apartment in manhattan new york. If anyone pays more for rent, then you are a fucking loser cunt who doesn't know how to shop for a deal.

Dragons Dogma or Gears 3 could be nice depending on price drops/sales. I know Gears 3 has been $10 recently, but with all the DLC, I would probably wait for a version with all of it...unless it was at $5. And I missed the $10 Dragons Dogma at the MS store.

We all know that mario party isnt goin on sale. Now if it gets turned into a nintendo select game that will make it 29.99 which would be 5$ after the coupon. We will have to wait and see

Oh and can you return things you ordered from bestbuy.com to your local bestbuy ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']We all know that mario party isnt goin on sale. Now if it gets turned into a nintendo select game that will make it 29.99 which would be 5$ after the coupon. We will have to wait and see

Oh and can you return things you ordered from bestbuy.com to your local bestbuy ?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this too. I have canceled a bestbuy.com order and then purchased it in store with a coupon but I have never completed an online order and come back to a store later to do a return/rebuy. I might want to do that for a free copy of Red Faction. I have one in stock for 9.99

[quote name='strait edge follower']We all know that mario party isnt goin on sale. Now if it gets turned into a nintendo select game that will make it 29.99 which would be 5$ after the coupon. We will have to wait and see

Oh and can you return things you ordered from bestbuy.com to your local bestbuy ?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bananafish900']I'd like to know this too. I have canceled a bestbuy.com order and then purchased it in store with a coupon but I have never completed an online order and come back to a store later to do a return/rebuy. I might want to do that for a free copy of Red Faction. I have one in stock for 9.99[/QUOTE]

The answer is on the best buy site, under their return and exchange policy.

It's weird that the :360: version of RF:A isn't on BBY.com (new, obviously; there is a preowned listing), so unless someone price-checks a copy, we don't yet know if it's also $9.99 (it'd be weird if not).

There were 7-10 copies of the :360: version at my BBY (zero :ps3: copies), so heck, I'd try for a free copy if it's also $9.99.

[quote name='Chuck Stank']There's probably like 5 copies of Red Faction in the entire country.[/QUOTE]

my kmart still has like 15, mixed in with 50 copies of deus ex

Sorry, I'm not familiar with this Gamer magazine. You can only get the coupons from the physical magazine? are there no digital versions/codes?

[quote name='RustyMune']Sorry, I'm not familiar with this Gamer magazine. You can only get the coupons from the physical magazine? are there no digital versions/codes?[/QUOTE]

Sort of. You can have either a physical subscription or a digital one. You can specify which you would like when you sign up. I think you can also request it be changed but my understanding is that it's a bit of a hassle and takes a while. Physical will arrive with the mail, digital will go to your email address and both include the respective coupons. You'll have to print out the digital ones to use since they won't work online (yet).

[quote name='strait edge follower']Im passing by a few bestbuys tonight while doing some arrands. Ill check 360 red faction for you guys[/QUOTE]Thanks, it's much appreciated. :)

Now that I'm not suspended from posting anything

YAY DRAGONS DOGMA COUPON!!! Fingers crossed for this to be a $10 game in December!

[quote name='MooseTheCorgi']I wonder if the OP meant 12/1-12/31 or if the coupons are only valid until 12/13[/QUOTE]

The @Gamers coupons are always good for a full month

I'l get red faction for sure, even if it was crap compared to guerrilla
dragons dogma is a good game, but if I get it I will never play it..

The 360 version of red faction still rings up for 19.99. How can this game not be in the store checker but there are copys everywhere lol ? I ordered a ps3 copy online and Im gonna do a return rebuy when I get my coupons in. I always wanted to finish this game (which I barley started) and for free its a perfect time to get it !

[quote name='Jdub_smooth']^ Idiot^.

I'm glad I ignored what certain people said on Dragons Dogma. It's an incredible game with the BEST RPG fighting system I have ever seen. Lots of game here. Think...Baldurs hate meets Dark Souls meets Final Fantasy Tactics.[/QUOTE]

You and me both. Dragon's Dogma is easily one of the best new IPs this year, if not THE best. Loved the combat system and I can't wait for hard mode. 200+ hours and I was still lovin' it. Plenty to do, mess with and experience.

There's a reason why this game is holding its value and sold millions. Although I wish it'd come down just a bit 'cuz I want to get it for a friend, heh.

bread's done
Back