@Gamer Coupons (Dec. '12) - $25 off MP9, $20 off Dragon's Dogma, more [12/2-1/12/13]

Vigilante

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Hey all, I just saw the new batch of @Gamer coupons thanks to my local BBY having the new issue out already (note that these are not active until Sunday):

-$25 off Mario Party 9 :)wii:)
-$20 off Dragon's Dogma :)ps3:/:360:)
-$15 off Gears of War 3 :)360:)
-$10 off Red Faction: Armageddon :)360: only)
-$15 off Toy Story Mania! :)ps3:/:360:) or Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure :)wii:/:3ds:)
-$10 off any pre-owned game $29.99 or more
-$50 off Warhead 7.1 Wireless Headset :)360:)
-$20 off PowerA Fus1on Tournament Controller :)360:)

Here's hoping Mario Party 9 and Dragon's Dogma goes on sale while these are active!

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the coupons for Toy Story Mania and Red Faction: Armaggedon yesterday, bringing them down to $10 each. Not too shabby. Now to use the Dragon's Dogma coupon before it expires... still crossing fingers for a sale price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who can find red faction armageddon? The 360 version is the only one the coupon works with and no one has it. The ps3 is $10 but the coupon won't work on it.

[quote name='Nesslee']I want to pick up Madden 13 used from my local BB after work, but I left my 10$ off used coupon at home. Can I pick up the game, then go back after the holidays and get $10 back? I'm a CAG noob btw.[/QUOTE]

Yes you are clearly a noob. $45 for a used copy of Madden is a terrible price, especially since the season is almost over. BTW it's an EA game and therefore has an online pass, so you'll have to pay $10 more just to be able to play online and update your rosters. Good luck with that.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008E6ZXI6/ref=aw_d_var_2nd_videogames_txt?qid=1356312452&sr=8-2&vs=1[quote name='wcl']Is toy story mania a 2 play game ? Like can I play It with my nephew ?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tubtub']Who can find red faction armageddon? The 360 version is the only one the coupon works with and no one has it. The ps3 is $10 but the coupon won't work on it.[/QUOTE]

Check the discount games area of your local BB, if they have one. It's usually located next to the pre-owned games rack. That's where I found a copy.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']If you have never tried it, and you're going on what you "think" it would be, then QFT. Those of us that have been around a lot longer know that it is not even worth the effort, unless you have an in with a manager or something, to try.[/QUOTE]the @gamer thread regs will remember the OPs I did lol. Sometimes it's just easier to say read the OP. But worry not my gjft to CAG will b a pm FAQ thread which wil clearly outine it.

And even those with an "in" still won't see consistant pm's + coupons

managed to get price match on many coupons. Called and was told no .. however went into BB and had no issues. The manager pointed out that certain coupons don't allow a price match and the coupon to be used. He quickly looked at the back of the coupon and said no you are good for both PM and the coupon.

Hoping that the mario party goes on sale now .. $25 is good .. but i think we can get better

Got Dragon, toys story mania, Red Fraction, and gears 3 for 31.xx total

It's too bad that we haven't been able to get coupons to coincide with Best Buy sales recently. I was less than impressed with the $20 offer (since the only game I was able to get a PM on was AC3.) and plan on sitting it out with the next batch of games. If I don't have something to use my GC Unlocked on in the next few months, I think I might have to let my subscription slide.

Not that the club itself isn't still good (especially if you want any upcoming games on day one) it's just that it's not for me anymore.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']It's too bad that we haven't been able to get coupons to coincide with Best Buy sales recently. I was less than impressed with the $20 offer (since the only game I was able to get a PM on was AC3.) and plan on sitting it out with the next batch of games. If I don't have something to use my GC Unlocked on in the next few months, I think I might have to let my subscription slide.

Not that the club itself isn't still good (especially if you want any upcoming games on day one) it's just that it's not for me anymore.[/QUOTE]

Also hoping for some more $5-10 games with this round of coupons. Unrelated, what games with the $20 promo were you not able to get price matches? I got almost every one that was offered and price matched them all, most down to $40. Granted I am silver, but most of those were within 30 days I'd guess.

I still haven't gotten this issue in the mail.

I've gotten every issue without a problem before...strange. I wasn't interested in any of the coupons but I still don't like missing out. I'll have to drop by best buy and get a copy anyways.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you have to pay to get the magazine and the coupons, or is there a way to just get the coupons for free?

[quote name='btwhitehouse']Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you have to pay to get the magazine and the coupons, or is there a way to just get the coupons for free?[/QUOTE]

15$ gamers club unlocked, or buy the magazine in store. GCU essentially PUR for BB.

[quote name='btwhitehouse']Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you have to pay to get the magazine and the coupons, or is there a way to just get the coupons for free?[/QUOTE]

Always people wanting to get things for free. The subscription is $15 and pays for itself within 2 months. Why would you think they would give out coupons for free?

I can't complain.. we saved over $200 this year with just 6 months of the subscription. Easily more than worth resubbing for next year.

[quote name='KryllFood']I still haven't gotten this issue in the mail.

I've gotten every issue without a problem before...strange. I wasn't interested in any of the coupons but I still don't like missing out. I'll have to drop by best buy and get a copy anyways.[/QUOTE]

Same here

Only coupon I used from this issue was Mario Party 9. So wasn't a total loss since Mario Party games seem to never goddamn go down.

[quote name='thegame85']Picked up Toy Story Mania tonight. The wife and I are working in the achievements now.[/QUOTE]

Toy Story mania is awesome! Especially love the ride at Disney World though. ;)

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Toy Story mania is awesome! Especially love the ride at Disney World though. ;)[/QUOTE]

It's pretty fun for a game that's pretty much the same every level lol.

[quote name='aircobra']Always people wanting to get things for free. The subscription is $15 and pays for itself within 2 months. Why would you think they would give out coupons for free?[/QUOTE]

This is one of the stranger arguments i've heard in a while. I think asking if there is a way to get the coupons without buying the magazine is perfectly legit. Coupons are not something one typically has to pay for. They arrive in the mail, print out from a prior purchase, or are downloaded from a website. There are examples where you are 'paying' for a coupon, like buying the weekly paper. But those are hardly the norm.

[quote name='Fodder']This is one of the stranger arguments i've heard in a while. I think asking if there is a way to get the coupons without buying the magazine is perfectly legit. Coupons are not something one typically has to pay for. They arrive in the mail, print out from a prior purchase, or are downloaded from a website. There are examples where you are 'paying' for a coupon, like buying the weekly paper. But those are hardly the norm.[/QUOTE]
Considering the quality of the magazine, paying for the magazine seems much stranger.

Why not charge people for coupons?

People buy garbage and/or incomplete games at launch. And on top of that spend a little more for what is called "DLC" on launch day. :/

[quote name='mpaullin']Also hoping for some more $5-10 games with this round of coupons. Unrelated, what games with the $20 promo were you not able to get price matches? I got almost every one that was offered and price matched them all, most down to $40. Granted I am silver, but most of those were within 30 days I'd guess.[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing that you probably have a Fry's in your area, as I remember there being a couple of PM opportunities with them. I'm Silver Status too, but nobody in the area had sales on either Borderlands 2 or Dishonored until after the 60 day window had passed. After the PM window they both dropped a bunch, and I haven't even opened Dishonored yet (BL2 didn't matter, I was buying it day one and playing it regardless of what it cost).

edit: I suppose it's also possible that you don't have a Fry's, and just got different/more games than I did :D

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I'm guessing that you probably have a Fry's in your area, as I remember there being a couple of PM opportunities with them. I'm Silver Status too, but nobody in the area had sales on either Borderlands 2 or Dishonored until after the 60 day window had passed. After the PM window they both dropped a bunch, and I haven't even opened Dishonored yet (BL2 didn't matter, I was buying it day one and playing it regardless of what it cost).

edit: I suppose it's also possible that you don't have a Fry's, and just got different/more games than I did :D[/QUOTE]

On the east coast so no Fry's, but I guess I kind of forgot that I got lucky with a lot of my PM's. I was able to get Dishnored and Borderlands discounted by $15 when Kmart was offering a $15 gaming coupon. Totally YMMV but it never hurts to ask. All my other purchases ended up with legit PMs using Silver status. Think you just had bad luck picking up the only 2 games that didn't.

Not sure the best place to ask this, but my silver status presumably expire in February. I ended up being only $200 away from reaching the threshold to get it again. Are they generally pretty lenient about giving it to you if you're close? Or will I have to call and beg come February?

[quote name='mpaullin']Not sure the best place to ask this, but my silver status presumably expire in February. I ended up being only $200 away from reaching the threshold to get it again. Are they generally pretty lenient about giving it to you if you're close? Or will I have to call and beg come February?[/QUOTE]

You won't get it at all no matter how much begging you do.

[quote name='mpaullin']Not sure the best place to ask this, but my silver status presumably expire in February. I ended up being only $200 away from reaching the threshold to get it again. Are they generally pretty lenient about giving it to you if you're close? Or will I have to call and beg come February?[/QUOTE]

Login to myrz.com and see if the premier silver box says 'Requalify for premier silver through xxxx 2015'. If so, I think there's at least a chance that they were lenient this year for your account. Seeing as a number of people got silver last year having spent half of the $2500 it wouldn't surprise me.

[quote name='handsomepete']Login to myrz.com and see if the premier silver box says 'Requalify for premier silver through xxxx 2015'. If so, I think there's at least a chance that they were lenient this year for your account. Seeing as a number of people got silver last year having spent half of the $2500 it wouldn't surprise me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. I do have that message on my account, even though it still says I am silver through Feb 2013. Just have to wait and see I suppose.

[quote name='starscream615']You won't get it at all no matter how much begging you do.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your helpful and insightful post.

With the physical they will mail you the magazine monthly. If you opted for the digital they would email you the magazine. Also, I *think* the digital copy doesn't have the coupons.

I've had silver status for the last three years, and last year was the first time that I actually qualified for it. They gave it to me for two years without any explanation, and I never contacted them in order to get one. I'm sure if they don't renew your status, you could probably contact CS and ask if they'd be willing to "let it slide this once" :D

[quote name='shumway']With the physical they will mail you the magazine monthly. If you opted for the digital they would email you the magazine. Also, I *think* the digital copy doesn't have the coupons.[/QUOTE]

It does have the coupons they just have 1 time use barcodes.

[quote name='thegame85']It's pretty fun for a game that's pretty much the same every level lol.[/QUOTE]

Is it any different from the Wii version. Did they atleast clean up the graphics or is it just a port?

[quote name='starscream615']You won't get it at all no matter how much begging you do.[/QUOTE]

i spent 2,200 and all my begging has gotten me no where. your right

[quote name='shadowkast']i spent 2,200 and all my begging has gotten me no where. your right[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this year, I was at about that amount and no go either. Can't complain too much as I got silver last year spending about $1k. I'll miss it mainly for the extended PM to 60 days.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I'm guessing that you probably have a Fry's in your area, as I remember there being a couple of PM opportunities with them. I'm Silver Status too, but nobody in the area had sales on either Borderlands 2 or Dishonored until after the 60 day window had passed. After the PM window they both dropped a bunch, and I haven't even opened Dishonored yet (BL2 didn't matter, I was buying it day one and playing it regardless of what it cost).

edit: I suppose it's also possible that you don't have a Fry's, and just got different/more games than I did :D[/QUOTE]
Dishonored was $40 at GS the other week. It was right around the 60 day mark, so if you bought it on Day 1 it was dicey. If you're not immediately opening up the game (like you did with Dishonored) you should pick up any preordered game the following Tuesday to maximize your pm window.

Borderlands 2 was $50 via TRU's $10 off any $60 game. I bought all of the games from the promo save for NCAA, and I was able to get $20 back on all of them except BL2 and 2k13. Both of those I only got $10 back. Combine that with BBY's high TIVs and I made profited $20 on most of the games this holiday.

[quote name='shadowkast']i spent 2,200 and all my begging has gotten me no where. your right[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bob330i']Yeah, this year, I was at about that amount and no go either. Can't complain too much as I got silver last year spending about $1k. I'll miss it mainly for the extended PM to 60 days.[/QUOTE]

If you guys were so close to silver, why didn't you just pick up a prepaid visa? You guys were at the doorstep.

I "spent" $5,300 this year. The reality? I spent about $250. Between all the trades and the pitch in card glitch it was not a problem

[quote name='panda911']Dishonored was $40 at GS the other week. It was right around the 60 day mark, so if you bought it on Day 1 it was dicey. If you're not immediately opening up the game (like you did with Dishonored) you should pick up any preordered game the following Tuesday to maximize your pm window.

Borderlands 2 was $50 via TRU's $10 off any $60 game. I bought all of the games from the promo save for NCAA, and I was able to get $20 back on all of them except BL2 and 2k13. Both of those I only got $10 back. Combine that with BBY's high TIVs and I made profited $20 on most of the games this holiday.[/QUOTE]
There were no brick and mortar sales for Dishonored during the window that weren't Black Friday prices, and (at least at the time, if not still now) getting them to match online places like Newegg were ymmv. The BL2 price match you mention is also ymmv, since $10 off any $60 game is a promo and not every BB price matches promotional prices like that. As for waiting, I wanted the free oil lamp from Dishonored which meant I had to pick it up right away before the few they got went "missing."

I appreciate your willingness to help, but please understand that I'm not asking anyone for advice on how to make GCU better. I've been a member ever since they put Ico/SotC in the mag, and have received plenty of games/trade credit because of my membership. I've already said that this program is still a good deal for the money. My point was that unless I can get something extra out of the coupons between now and my renewal date, I will not be renewing again as this program no longer works for me.

[quote name='panda911']
If you guys were so close to silver, why didn't you just pick up a prepaid visa? You guys were at the doorstep.[/QUOTE]

Didn't think of that plus wasn't the policy changed such that you can't buy visa cards with GCs/pitch in cards?

Anyhow, I had a couple hundred dollars worth of pending $'s (included in my $2.2kish calculations) that appeared to not count so the pre-reset at 1/1/13 was probably closer to $1.9k at least for me.

I thought it states that It's supposed to start and end at the the february you got your membership so you had till then to extend silver?

[quote name='Ace69']I thought it states that It's supposed to start and end at the the february you got your membership so you had till then to extend silver?[/QUOTE]

all purchases until 12/31 count, pending or not. then silver starts in February. i guess it gives them plenty of time to switch accounts and reset our points.

[quote name='bob330i']Didn't think of that plus wasn't the policy changed such that you can't buy visa cards with GCs/pitch in cards?[/QUOTE]You can buy the VISA cards w/ a Pitch-In, I do it all the time when I need to get money out of my PP acct quickly.

[quote name='Esphyrian']You can buy the VISA cards w/ a Pitch-In, I do it all the time when I need to get money out of my PP acct quickly.[/QUOTE]
i never knew that, lol

[quote name='roger watersmelon']There were no brick and mortar sales for Dishonored during the window that weren't Black Friday prices, and (at least at the time, if not still now) getting them to match online places like Newegg were ymmv. The BL2 price match you mention is also ymmv, since $10 off any $60 game is a promo and not every BB price matches promotional prices like that. As for waiting, I wanted the free oil lamp from Dishonored which meant I had to pick it up right away before the few they got went "missing."

I appreciate your willingness to help, but please understand that I'm not asking anyone for advice on how to make GCU better. I've been a member ever since they put Ico/SotC in the mag, and have received plenty of games/trade credit because of my membership. I've already said that this program is still a good deal for the money. My point was that unless I can get something extra out of the coupons between now and my renewal date, I will not be renewing again as this program no longer works for me.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to make GCU better. I don't know what you're trying to say there. I'm just pointing out when pms were possible. I guess the BL2 pm was ymmv if you had cs nazis. If they called TRU or checked the website, the price would show up as $50. As for Dishonored, it was absolutely on sale at GS for $40 the week of 12/9 both online and instore. That's when I pmed it. As for the preorder bonus dilemma, next time order online, that way you can split the order between free shipping (lamp) and instore pickup (game).

bread's done
Back