@Gamer magazine 9.99/1 yr

Keegs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Sorry if this was already posted, but I got an email this morning from Best Buy about some buyback promotion they're starting. If you scroll down in the email, @Gamer magazine is on sale for 9.99 for 10 issues.

Not sure if this is for Premier Silver members only, but check your in-boxes.

UPDATE: Here's the direct link

(Thanks Daz)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']All the other magazines you mentioned get offered at 50% or more off all the time.....[/QUOTE]
I seriously doubt any of those magazines were discounted 50% within the third printing.
The only one of those I subscribe to is OXM, and I have NEVER seen a year of that magazine with discs discounted for 50% off. The next time you see that offer available, let me know because I will renew at that price.

OXM, Playstation Mag, and Nintendo Power were all discounted to $5 a year at Amazon last May.

Game Informer is routinely available at $5 a year as well from various sources.

edit- I got the July magazine, but ordered it in May. Bleh.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShirtSizeXXXLXT']I seriously doubt any of those magazines were discounted 50% within the third printing.
The only one of those I subscribe to is OXM, and I have NEVER seen a year of that magazine with discs discounted for 50% off. The next time you see that offer available, let me know because I will renew at that price.[/QUOTE]

Items Ordered Price
1 of: Official Xbox Magazine [with DVD] (1-year) [Magazine]
Sold by: Future
$5.00

May 30, 2010

[quote name='LordVila']Items Ordered Price
$5.00

May 30, 2010[/QUOTE]
I can vouch for this deal i got 2 years at that price also got pc gamer and psn mag

[quote name='ShirtSizeXXXLXT']I seriously doubt any of those magazines were discounted 50% within the third printing.
The only one of those I subscribe to is OXM, and I have NEVER seen a year of that magazine with discs discounted for 50% off. The next time you see that offer available, let me know because I will renew at that price.[/QUOTE]

Edit: Nevermind...people already answered and I didn't see it :p but yea, keep your eyes open for sales. it does go every once in a while.

Its worth it to me to watch Amazon's magazine prices and just get magazines from there when it is cheapest. Even if I pay a couple dollars more. Then I can manage all my subs from that one page. There are still a few they don't sell or I buy for fundraisers I get elsewhere.

Puh-leeze. Is someone here saying they actually read @gamer and not use it exclusively for the coupons? Sure and maybe you buy Playboy for the articles. >.>

$10 for all the coupons provided by this magazine is a bargain. Subscribing was a no brainer, for me.

[quote name='LordVila']Items Ordered Price
$5.00

May 30, 2010[/QUOTE]
I stand corrected, that is a hell of a deal. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that. The point I was making though is that @gamer is being discounted very early in its print life. I pay special attention to stuff like this as I used to work in broadcasting media and have a special interest as to what different media outlets are doing to drive subscribers.

[quote name='GenPirate']I personally feel that magazines are not a dying breed but that's a different story. I am very much tempted to get this deal, my only problem is the biasness of the magazine.[/QUOTE]

GI circulation is up 33% to over 5 million

I took @Gamer to work these past few days and read it a little more in depth that just on the can. I know I am going to sound like a hypocrite here, but I'm gonna subscribe for $9.99...lol
Sorry for ruffling any feathers.

i'll sub for the coupons, tho i liked the rz ones more, especially when they were netting me free games to trade at gs across the street, lol.

oh yeah and i got the playstation, nintendo power and oxm for $5 last may on amazon, that was a great deal!

[quote name='Enuf']GI circulation is up 33% to over 5 million[/QUOTE]

:roll: i bet 99% of the subscriptions are from people getting them with GS edge cards. i doubt even a tenth of people with GI subscriptions would even have them otherwise

[quote name='gmsick']:roll: i bet 99% of the subscriptions are from people getting them with GS edge cards. i doubt even a tenth of people with GI subscriptions would even have them otherwise[/QUOTE]

yeah offer the EDGE card for 5 dollars cheaper without the magazine and see how many people still sign up.

[quote name='gmsick']:roll: i bet 99% of the subscriptions are from people getting them with GS edge cards. i doubt even a tenth of people with GI subscriptions would even have them otherwise[/QUOTE]
It's likely nowhere near 99%. For instance, I get GI but don't have a GS PUR Pro or EDGE card. Mostly because I got GI from Tanga.com for like $4-5 a year back in July, and cannot justify upgrading my PUR card since I don't really shop there enough.
There's plenty of people like that. Plus, if you look in any GI mag at the inserts that are in every one I get in the mail, on the subscribe form there is an option to get just the GS card. It's something like $10 or $11. I don't really remember since I'm not interested.

That's really here nor there though. The point remains that about the only good part of @Gamer is the coupons, and sometimes they aren't really that great.

[quote name='Altanis']That's really here nor there though. The point remains that about the only good part of @Gamer is the coupons, and sometimes they aren't really that great.[/QUOTE]

granted they only sent me 2 issues free and I never subscribed but all the coupons in the issues were either 1- easily met or beaten at other sites or 2- were easily more than beaten just by waiting a little bit longer.

Like they had a coupon in one I got off final fantasy 13. Made it like 30 bucks. I just waited a little and got it for 15 off gamefly. Or they had 10 bucks off red dead redemption but I could easily find it used for a lot more off or amazon had it marked down to their 10 bucks off price.

Maybe Im just jaded though because I dont like bestbuy as a company at all and dont shop with them anymore.

[quote name='gargus']granted they only sent me 2 issues free and I never subscribed but all the coupons in the issues were either 1- easily met or beaten at other sites or 2- were easily more than beaten just by waiting a little bit longer.

Like they had a coupon in one I got off final fantasy 13. Made it like 30 bucks. I just waited a little and got it for 15 off gamefly. Or they had 10 bucks off red dead redemption but I could easily find it used for a lot more off or amazon had it marked down to their 10 bucks off price.

Maybe Im just jaded though because I dont like bestbuy as a company at all and dont shop with them anymore.[/QUOTE]

I agree, the coupons are basically sale prices. It's like when I got Bioshock 2 for $20. It was then $20 everywhere a month or two later. Big deal.

[quote name='JustinTheGamer']I can vouch for this deal i got 2 years at that price also got pc gamer and psn mag[/QUOTE]

I also bought into this deal. I got 3 years, which actually starts at the end of the two years I already had from a previous deal. I think I am paid up for all of my magazines for the next 5 years. OXM, EGM, Game Informer & @Gamer. I had Gamepro, but it was really horrible.

I dont think I paid more than $5 a year for any of these, with EGM being the best(Monthly hard copy plus weekly online mags).

Great stuff!

The Batman: AA coupon from the @Gamer promo issue says in store only. I've been watching the inventory from BB.com all week and it hasn't been in stock anywhere near me.

Should I do a ship to store, return, re-buy with coupon?

Seems excessive and annoying.

[quote name='spanishtaco']is there anyone peeps can just post scans of the coupons from these mags?[/QUOTE]

first of all that's fraud, second, I believe they're one-time use only.

I was told by a Best Buy employee last night when I tried to use 2 of these coupons that the majority of the coupons that come in this magazine pretty much just expand the window for upcoming sales that will be occurring that month anyway. When I tried to use 2 of the coupons they denied me because the games were already on sale. If I had used the coupons a couple weeks ago, I would have been able to use them, but it would have been the same as the sale price now. These coupons really do suck. I was planning on mailing in my little $9.99 postcard but I'm tossing it now. I can find better deals without paying for coupons.

I was in BB on sat and the had yellow BB stickers lowering the price to $4.99. I was able to get the TRU deal @ BB for dead space 2, COD BO, KZ3, bulletstorm & a $80 gift card. The manager didn't want to loose the sale. I think the key to getting these coupons to work is to let CS that there are similar deals elsewhere so if they want your $ make the exception.

Probably the fact that magazines all tell you to wait 6-8 weeks for your first issue, if not longer.

It's not like this is a weekly thing or something. You'll probably get the next edition, which should arrive somewhere around I'd guess March 25th.

bread's done
Back